[SP/F2] <<Let There Be Light>>

Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked by monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25 [ Party leader rolls LD. All players receive that amount ]

Solo Mid-level player or a group of low-level players is advised
Recommended level: 5

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot)remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

(Heavy Armor) Recovery (1)
Effect: Regain (1 per slot * Tier) (1) additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Adamantine Pauldrons

Mithril Battle Axe

Shield of the Thunderhearts

BATTLE READY ITEMS:

1) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (Uncommon - 40 HP)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Alec awoke with a deep yawn in his new bed, in his new room, in his new Inn, on his new floor. Alec began stretch out his body after a nights sleep and thump CREAK as he struck the foot board of his bed. "GGGRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWHHHHH!!!!" Alec growled as the same thing that had happened every other morning happened this morning as well. Why was everything so GOSH DARN tiny?!?! Alec thought angrily to himself as rolled over receiving another warning CREAK from the bed as his weight shifted and he sat up glaring and scowling around his new tiny room which was almost a replica of his old tiny room. Alec grumbled audibly as he placed his bare feet on the cold hardwood floor of his room. Everything was different but everything was the exact goll darn same. He thought irritably to himself. Why was this stupid digital world made for freaking midgets?!?! "RRRAAAAAWWWHHHH!!!!" Alec growled loudly to the tiny room. Humphrey leaned his head to side while they rested upon his paws and cracked an eye open looking at Alec as he groaned and growled and sulked at his current situation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alec set his bare feet on the cold hardwood floor of his tiny rented room as he leaned over and rested his forearms on his knees as he hung his head forward. He sat this way for several moments contemplating the stupidity of his entire situation. He was trapped in this damnable digital world stuck in a stinking video game and he didn't even play video games. Ok, maybe once in a while when he son Danny talked him in to it but he had never been any good at them and he was stuck living in one for the rest of freaking life from the way it felt right now. Alec let out another angered and frustrated growl as he moved his large hands to grip his knees flexing his tree trunk like legs and standing up to his full nearly six and half feet of height as he growled and grumbled at the world around him.

Alec stood and stretched his body receiving numerous pops and cracks and creaks from his aging body and joints as he did his best to realign his joints and spine to knock out the kinks and pinches in his muscles and joints left behind from a nights sleep in too small of a bed. When he finished he stood back up and opened his inventory and selected his clothing and equipped his brown wool pants, his worn brown leather boots and finally his bear shin shoulder wrap. Once he was fully dressed he walked over to the door of his room that lead to the hallway outside. Alec reached out his lathe hand and opened the door stepping out into the hall his boots making heavy hollow thuds on the hardwood floor of the hallway. Alec thumped and thudded his way down the hall Humphrey padding quietly beside him towards the cramped stairway that led down to the Inn's common room.

Alec exited the cramped stairway and entered the common room of the Inn and made his way to small open table where he pulled out one of the chairs and had a seat. The wooden chair let out a creak and a groan of protest as Alec eased his massive frame on to the wooden chair. Alec ordered himself and Humphrey something to eat for breakfast and sat down to enjoy his meal and cup of coffee. Once he was done he pushed himself away from the table and stood up eliciting another warning creak and groan from the chair as he stood before sliding the chair back under the table and heading with heavy thumping footsteps to the door that led out of the Inn and into the streets if Urbus. Alec pulled the wooden door open and held it for Humphrey to exit the Inn before Alec fell into step with his American bear cub familiar as they walked down one of the streets of Urbus with no real destination in mind.

Alec and Humphrey roamed the streets of Urbus with no real destination in mind. Passing shops of various types and Inns with different names. Finally Alec and Humphrey found themselves standing in a small open air market. Alec sat on a stone bench off to the side and watched the coming and goings of the people at the market with a scowl planted firmly on his face. When suddenly an erratic woman with a hysterical look in her burst from the crowd and ran straight at Alec causing him to start from has machinations. The woman is completely erratic as she asks Alec to help find her missing child. She explains to Alec that her child was playing in one of the caverns here on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked by monsters, their friend got away but her child is still missing. Alec listens to the woman's hysterical explanation and plea for help as he sits on the stone bench before her. When she finishes her tale Alec glances over at his companion Humphrey. "So pal? What do you think should we help her?" Humphrey looks to Alec and replies with a loud growl that sounds affirmative. So Alec looks back the woman and nods his 

Alec listened to the woman's hysterical explanation and plea for help as he sat on the stone bench before her. When she finished her tale Alec glanced over at his companion Humphrey. "So pal? What do you think should we help her?" Humphrey looked to Alec and replied with a loud growl that sounded affirmative. So Alec looked back the woman and noded his head to her, his scowl still evident on his face. "Ok Ma'am, calm down my companion here and I will go look for your lost child for you. Just let us know approximately what area she last seen playing at and we'll begin our search there." Alec told the woman. As Alec said this he heard a chime sound and a banner appeared across his vision <<Quest Accepted>>. The woman seemed to visibly calm with Alec's acceptance if the quest now she merely sniffed and let out the occasional soft sob.

Edited by Alec

"Just wait here Ma'am and when we find your child we'll bring her back here to you, ok?" Alec asked . The woman nodded to Alec with a soft sniff and marked a spot on Alec's map to the West of the town. It was about an hour's walk from the gate to the spot marked on his map. "Thank you sir. Thank you so very much!" the woman moaned softly to Alec. Alec just nodded and looked to Humphrey. "Well bud. Here we go again." he said as he stood up and began to make his way out of the open air market and back to the street beside it. Once Alec reached the street he began moving toward the gate that would lead him out if the town and towards the marked spot on his map. Alec progressed through the streets till he reached the courtyard inside the gate.

Once Alec reached the courtyard he opened up his inventory and scrolled through his list of items within till he found his weapon and armor. Alec reached out and tapped the icon which represented his Adamantine Pauldron and his Heavy Armor shoulder guards shimmered and wavered into reality resting on his shoulders. Next he reached out and tapped the icon that belonged to his Shield of the Thunderhearts and his beveled edged shield with the white front and cool lightning symbol engraved on the front shimmered and flickered into "reality" strapped to his forearm. He glanced down at the shield and read the inscription engraved on the back and felt his usual sense if swelling purpose within himself "When the tide rises, become the storm!" Alec intoned fiercely through gritted teeth. Finally Alec touched the icon for his Mithril Battle Axe and watched as his mirror reflective Battle Axe shimmered into view hanging from the loop on his belt.

Having equipped his Battle Axe and his Heavy Armor Alec scrolled through and went to his other items and set his Battle Ready items he chose two Tier 1 Healing Potions as he did not expect this quest to be to terribly difficult it taxing. After setting all his items Alec closed his inventory and looked down to his friend and companion Humphrey and said "Ok. I'm ready. Let's go find a list little girl." Humphrey responded with an over exaggerated nodding of his head and a loud growl. Alec shot him a sideways grin and began walking out the main gate into the crater beyond. Alec walked the hard packed dirt trail out of town and along the winding path that lead up the crater edge and upper over the lip depositing him above the town and in the pine tree forest beyond. Alec stopped to look down at the town and let his eyes wander across the buildings he could see below him.

Alec and Humphrey walked for some time through the forest before Alec stopped and looked around at his surroundings. They were amidst a large grouping of pine trees with numerous shrubs and fallen trees. As Alec surveyed his surroundings he nodded to himself as he began searching through the shrubs and looking around the ground under fallen trees and inside tree stumps. This seemed like pretty solid place for some bandits or nare do wells to gave hidden some valuables or a treasure chest. Alec peered high and low he moved aside branches to meet into holes and scoured the area as best he could.

Spoiler

Roll: 114378

LD: 2

Alec searched for what felt like quite some time but came up empty handed again. Of well he thought maybe it was just gold fever after finding that first treasure chest in the hollowed out tree stump but it couldn't hurt to look. You'd never find anything if you didn't look for it Alec thought to himself.

Alec gave a shrug as he glanced over his shoulder at his friend and companion Humphrey. "Oh well pal. Guess no hidden treasure for us today." Alec said as he continued walking along through the pine tree filled forest on his way to the spot marked on his map. The spot appeared to be located near small string of mountains to the West of the town Urbus. As Alec made his way there he began to spot chunks of rock protruding from the ground not unlike the terrain he had found Venom Snapper in. Alec continued along till he came to a cave that seemed to be in the same spot as his map marker. Alec peered inside the cave but quickly lost sight in the darkness. It wasn't near as dark as the cave he'd fought the Cave Guardian in on one of his tutorial quests back on Floor 1 but it was still dark inside.

Alec looked over his shoulder at Humphrey standing behind him. "Well buddy. I think this is the spot. Let's go take a look and see." Humphrey let out a soft low rumble of a growl that felt determined. With that Alec eased his Mithril Battle Axe out of the loop on his belt and grasped his mirror finished Battle Axe in his hand ready to bring back and swing down at an foe who presented itself to Alec. Alec ventured slowly inside the cave and began to squint as he began to lose some of his vision in the caves dim interior. Alec pressed forward slowly and eased his way deeper into the cave. After what seemed like forever Alec began to hear the faint sound of what he thought was a child sniffling quietly from deeper within the cave ahead. "Hello?" Alec called out into the darkened cave. ""Are you there? My name's Alec and I'm here to find you and bring you home." Alec called out into the darkness.

As Alec called out into the darkness and received a startled sharp intake of breath from what sounded to he a small body up ahead deeper within the cave. Alec continued to shuffle forward carefully looking for the source of the sounds he had heard. As Alec progressed he heard a small high pitched voice call out if the darkness. "Wait stop! There's monsters here and they're big and scary! Please don't!" Alec froze in place at the terror he heard in the small child's voice. Alec's heart instantly melted and he took a knee in the darkness. He rested his Mithril Battle Axe against his body as he reached out a hand and spoke softly in a hushed tone to the voice he had heard. "It's all right. I promise. I'm hear to rescue you and believe me I'm bigger and badder and scarier than dumb old monster that may be hiding in this cave. Do you hear me? he finished softening his voice.

Alec heard a gentle rustling of clothing and a soft "Ungh huh." from what sounded to he a small child. "Come to the sound of my voice little one and meet my best friend Humphrey. He's big too and he'll help keep you safe he loves children and children love him." Alec heard further rustling and soon saw the form of a small child come walking slowly out of the darkness. As it got closer and seemed to see Alec it rushed forward and slammed into his chest. As the child rushed him Alec saw it was a little girl of about 7 or 8 years old. She had out tails and a dress of some sort on. Tears streamed from her eyes as she sniffled into Alec thick solid chest. "I was so scared after Billy ran off and left me. He heard the monster and he ran away but not me! I went further but then the monster came and I had to hide. But now we can leave right Mister?" the little girl asked as she began to regain control of her breathing and sniffling tears.

"Yes we can darling." Alec said softly to the child as he held her firmly in his arms. "First though I'd like you to meet my friend Humphrey he's back here behind me and he wants to be your friend. Come on up Humphrey and meet our new friend." Alec said softly as he heard a rustling sound coming from the ceiling. Humphrey padded slowly forward and when he reached Alec's side he stretched out his head and softly nuzzled the girls back with his large nose. The small girl inhaled a sharp quick breath at the contact but pulled her face slowly away from Alec's chest to peer out if the corner if her eye and gave a delighted sound at the sight of the giant cuddly fluffy American black bear cub and instantly threw her arms around the best cub in a giant neck hug she immediately scrabbled and crawled up onto Humphrey's back and sat atop him a giant smile lighting her entire face like a tiny Knight atop The fuzziest horse ever.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Giant Bat - 50/50 HP / DMG: 20

Giant Bat 2 - 50/50 HP / DMG: 20

Alec couldn't help it he let out a loud bellowing full bodied laugh that shook his entire massive frame with the genuine joy he felt at the small child's happiness. Alec rumbling peals of laughter caused a series of loud flutters and rustling sounds from the ceiling eliciting a sharp inhale of breath from the small child. "Uh oh you woke up the monsters." she said in a soft concerned sing song voice. Alec shot her a wide toothy grin with a fierce flash in his eyes. "Honey ain't no monster I've found's tougher than me. Plus I got my good friend Humphrey here to help. He'll keep you safe while I deal with these monsters." he said the last word with scorn and derision in his voice as he stood up grabbing his Mithril Battle Axe and hefting it as he turned towards the sound from above as he heard a heavy flapping sound and realized what the "monsters" were.

Edited by Alec
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Giant Bat 2 - 50/50 HP / DMG: 20

Alec turned st the sound of the rustling and flapping and spotted two larger than normal bats flapping at him in the darkened cave. Aleve moved to position himself between the pair of bats and Humphrey and the small child. As the bats swooped in at Alec he drew back his Mithril Battle Axe and summoned the energy to power a Sword Art and felt the energy course through him and into his mirror finished axe as it began to vibrate and glow. The little girl let out a delighted "Ooohhhhhh" of appreciation at the building glow. When Alec felt the power peak he swung his Mithril Battle Axe around in a side swipe towards the two bats flying at him.

Spoiler

Roll: 114384

BD: 4 + 2 ACC - 1 Dark = 5 (Fail)

MD 1: 4 (Fail)

CD: 9 (+ 1 EN Regenerated)

Roll: 114385

BD: 10 + 2 ACC - 1 Dark = 11 (Critical + 2) 5 DMG + 2 CRIT = 7 * 3 = 21 DMG (Crit Hit Paralyze Activates - 1 round No Actions)

MD 2: 7 (Paralyzed - No Actions)

The giant bats swooped in and Alec swung his axe to the side missing the first giant bat while he brought his shield up and deflected the first bats attack away from himself but striking the second bat with three consecutive strikes that opened up a large chunk in it's body. As he sank his axe blade in on the third strike his Shield began a deep hum that ended with a loud CRACK that caused the bats muscles to lock up Paralyzing it and dropping it to the ground twitching and quivering.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 320/320 / EN:  27/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Giant Bat 2 - 29/50 HP / DMG: 20 - Paralyzed 1 Round No Actions

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 320/320 / EN:  29/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Giant Bat 2 - 29/50 HP / DMG: 20 -Paralyzed 1 Round No Actions

Alec summoned the energy for a Sword Art and released in a side swing that missed the first Giant Bat while Alec also used his shield to block the first Giant Bats attack harmlessly away as well. His swing however opened a huge wound in the side of the second Giant Bat while his shield built up and discharged a large burst of static electricity Paralyzing the second Giant Bat. Alec brought his shield back up focusing on the non Paralyzed Giant Bat and hoisted his Mithril Battle Axe up over his shoulder to swing as soon as the Bat flapped into his range. The Giant Bat swooped in and Alec looped his axe down near his hip and swung up across his body in a diagonal swing.

Spoiler

Roll: 114427

BD: 6 + 2 ACC - 1 Dark = 7 (Success) 5 DMG

MD 1: 3 (Fail)

CD: 6 (+ 1 EN Regenerated)

MD 2: Paralyzed - No Actions

The first Giant Bat swooped down at Alec. In response he dropped his axe near his hip and swung upward diagonally across his body and sunk the head of his axe into the bat open a cut that shot out red pixels while at the same time he brought his shield up and tensed off the flapping bats attack. The second bat began to flop and bounce on the ground shrugging off the effects of the electrical burst it had just received lurching into the air to flap back towards Alec.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 320/320 / EN:  28/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Giant Bat - 45/50 HP / DMG: 20

Giant Bat 2 - 29/50 HP / DMG: 20 -Paralyze Complete

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 320/320 / EN:  30/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Giant Bat 2 - 29/50 HP / DMG: 20

Alec swung an upward swing that buried the head of his axe into the lead Giant Bat and also fended off its attack with his shield while the second Giant Bat lay twitching and convulsing on the ground finally it regained control of its muscles and it lurched drunkenly into the air as its muscles continued to spasm. Both Bats looped around and dove back down at Alec as he brought his shield up in front of him to defend and repositioned his Mithril Battle Axe over his shoulder and readied himself to strike the leading Giant Bat as it swooped in.

Spoiler

Roll: 114429

BD: 2 + 2 ACC - 1 Dark = 4 (Fail)

MD 1: 9 (Crit + 1) 20 DMG + 1 Crit = 21 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Crit Hit - No Thorns)

CD: 1 (No EN Regenerated)

Roll: 114434

MD 2: 8 (Success) 25 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

As the first Giant Bat swooped in Alec lashed out with his Mithril Battle Axe and narrowly missed as the bat ducked to the side and swooped past Alec scratching his cheek with a claw as it deftly flew past him. The second Giant Bat swooped in and clawed at Alec arm scratching him there but not before Alec brought his shield around and received an encouraging him and SNAP as his shield jolted the Giant Bat with a shock of static electricity causing it to flap away squeaking in pain.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 318/320 / EN:  30/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Giant Bat 2 - 20/50 HP / DMG: 20

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 318/320 / EN:  31/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

The Giant Bats swooped in again at Alec. The leading bat narrowly missing the swing Alec made with his Mithril Battle Axe as it dodged and struck slashing a tiny cut on Alec cheek. The second Giant Bat followed in on the tail of the first set it too slashed a tiny cut on Alec this one on his arm but not before Alec could bring his Shield of the Thunderhearts around and jolt the second Giant Bat with a jolt of static electricity. Alec brought his shield back up in place as he scanned the darkness for the flapping flitting Giant Bats. As they dove back out of the darkness at Alec he raised his shield in front of him and presented it to the flying rodents as he brought his Mithril Battle Axe back up over his shoulder and prepared to swing.

Spoiler

Roll: 114435

BD: 2 + 2 ACC -1 Dark = 3 (Fail)

MD: 1 (Critical Fail)

CD: 2 (No EN Regenerated)

Roll: 114436

MD 2: 4 (Fail)

Alec swung his Mithril Battle Axe at the first Giant Bat to approach him but the bat ducked erratically and dodged however its dive was too drastic and it slammed into the second Giant Bat knocking the second bat off course and causing it too to miss striking Alec while the first bat careened off course and slammed into a wall knocking it to the ground. The bat picked itself up and flapped back into the air wheeling back at Alec and swooping in again.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP 318/320 / EN:  31/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0