[PP|F8] A dance with Monkeys <<Monkey King>>

Dustin was confused as to why he was on such a floor, he had travelled far and reached the eighth floor. What is this stupid floor? Why is everything in a tree? Upon asking someone, a stroke of luck put the right NPC in front of him, and he got an answer. Hearing about a difficult field boss he smiles and things for a moment. I know just who to call. He opens his menu, navigates through to the menu to the friends list as he clicks on the name of a person he liked to think of as an ally. He pulls his hand up and selects the message option. 

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

Hey, you heard about the Monkey King? I might need some help to kill it. Maybe this will help me move towards the frontlines.

He closes the menu and hopes for the best as he sits on the ground, waiting for the lady he had fought with a few times before. Was he really going to ever make it to the frontlines? Could he really get strong enough to compare to Hestia? The worst part was, that wasn’t the only thing keeping him down. I can’t go and kill him, then I’d be just as bad as him. And I’d lose my guild. His hood over his head like he was hiding the pain in his mind by adding layers to his head, it was like a kid hiding from the world.

Hearing a small ping go off i check my messages and finds that it is surprisingly from Dustin with that really only being surprising since i haven't heard from him in quite awhile. With a quick message back towards him i get out of my shop leaving the guitar down since i had been working on some crafting for the raid as i make my way towards the eighth floor at a rather relaxed pace. Myself taking the long way in the manner of walking the entire distance from my shop towards the main settlement, ot the teleport gate, and than teleporting up towards the eighth floor. When i would arrive after walking for a good LONG time of a few hours i arrive at the eighth floor wearing a sleeveless black t-shirt, long grey pants as my outfit, and having at my side my familiar Kuro right beside me as my posture looks rather relaxed. My eyes looking around for the familiar sight of the rather battle happy swordsman from what i remember of him when i last saw him at my little APD signups.

Dustin had fallen asleep on the ground by the time Hestia had teleported to the right floor. Coincidentally, someone trips over his foot and wakes him up. “Fah moh mihn...” he mumbles as he lay there on the ground not too far from the teleporter. Sleeping on the floor in the middle of town wasn’t entirely new for the boy, he’ll the first adventure he had ever taken he did it multiple times. Sleeping was his best pass time now that reading was out of the question. He was aware enough to hear people talking and he groggily sits up, barely examining the area around him before his eyes fall on a woman next to a familiar. Is that Hestia and her familiar? His eyes open just a little bit more, giving him access to a few more details. That’s her. His right arm pushes on the ground as he pulls his knees under him. “Hey Hest... Hestia.” A yawn breaks his sentence. “You came I guess. So we have to go kill that thing now.” He lazily pulls himself up to his feet and scratches his head. His body shifts away from the teleporter and then another direction. He was obviously lost. “I knew where it was before my short nap.” He just shrugs and begins walking towards one of the exits. “Each floor is a big circle anyways, no matter what we’ll eventually find it.” A simple viewing of the map could tell him where to go, but he was too tired to even bother.

@Hestia

Looking towards the man i let out a soft sigh as i see the rather delirious state that he is in to say the very least about the state that he is in compared to what it could be. Well since we're dealing with low level quest i won't take this all that seriously Dustin. Also, knowing where the big bad gorilla is before hand is rather useful since i would like to be able to fight the thing before the day is over, or before fifty years happen whichever occurs first. I say jokingly towards him with a smile on my face as i than follow the rather brash seeming swordsman. Looking at him and trying to get a good sense if he has changed at all, and if he has if it was for the better since last we had talked and fought together on a quest. Remembering that for at least the last time that i did this it was rather easy even with having a team composed entirely of tanks basically. A soft chuckle escaping my lips at the memory of Cosi and Hazado having tried to kill the beast together as i just soaked up the damage.

The boy spins, his hood still over his head, but only halfway. His face forms a cocky smile, his eyes still relaxed as he walks. “I’m hoping I can kill it quickly, but who knows.” He throws his hands up to his sides with a little shrug, drawing attention to his gloves. “I’m gonna punch that stupid ape so hard it’s gonna explode.” he walks faster, reaching in his pocket and pulling out a cookie, reaching back towards Hestia. “Eat this, it’s tasty.” He focuses on his map for a moment, trying to determine where the monkey would be placed. His face turns the gate and says, “Apparently he’s out that way, so let’s go.” He pulls out another cookie, taking a bite and studying the quest listed. His eyes look glazed though, like he’s looking through the window rather than at it. He looks distracted from the current quest. “I’ve gotta ask you for help with something after this.” He says, as if it’s an afterthought.

@Hestia

I take the cookie and happily eat it with a smile on my face as i only equip my shield as my only item to defend myself with as i keep the vanity clothing and no weapon going as i also equip the snowglobe necklace to provide some extra healing, and than lastly the necklace around my neck that is crescent moon shaped and is made of a dark black colored metal. Well than if he is that way lets go kill him Dustin that big ol' ape isn't going to do it himself, and whatever you need help with you can count on me as well. I say with a nod of my head as i travel alongside the swordsman making sure to keep my sword left in its inventory since i don't need to use my full build for this at all. my familiar walking right beside me as i than glance toward sthe brown haired player. so than Dustin. What do you need help with after this Monkey? Is it another quest you need me to help you handle to help power level you some? i ask curiously knowing that he could be motivated possibly by his guild leader to get towards the frontlines or a friend of his on the frontlines.

Dustin’s eyes scan the area. There were a few people around, none he recognized, but he wanted to be safe. He didn’t know what kind of Connections the man had, So for the moment, he kind of ignores Hestia’s question. Cutting through crowds of people and talking about plans was an easy way to make those plans public. Though the entire time he felt he was being rude. His anger towards himself for blatantly ignoring the woman festered, but it had to wait. He could tell her when no one was within earshot. No one can know what he plans to do other than the people he wants to know.

After a decent time walking both in town and in the field, they get to the point at which a private conversation could be held. “You know how I told you my brother was murdered?” He asks, not waiting for her to respond, “I found him and I want to arrest him.” He notices movement out of the corner of his eye, a giant ape feeding on the ground of the jungle.

Its dark gray fur in stark contrast to the kaleidoscope of foliage on the ground. Its sheer size strikes awe in the Boy in the blue hood’s heart. I’m gonna kill it. A grin of pure tenacity connects his cheeks as his hand begins to glow green. “This can wait right? Let’s kill this thing!” He launches in and stops on his foot a moment before hitting it. Its twitchy movement spooked Dustin enough to keep him from attacking. Apes often moved erratically especially when angered or startled.

Spoiler

ID: 114641

BD: 1

Crit miss

[0]Dustin: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 3

[0] @Hestia: ?

Monkey King: 250/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Edited by Dustin

Looking towards the giant monkey king as he remains entirely untouched i just raise my shield after i activate focused howl against the large beast as the fist slams down upon the shield. As i feel my knees buckle from the strength of the initial blow as the game than activates to allow me to not fall entirely as i push back against the hand as the metal spieks on the shield dig into the large king kong sized gorilla. You're up Dustin. Kick his butt all the way to next year. I say with a grin upon my face as i just remain as the large monkey king pulls back with its fist with a roar of pain as the red bits of data fall from its hand due to the thorns damage. My familiar off to the side watching the events play out with a rather bored expression upon his face due to the difficulty of the quest perceived by my overpowered level.

Action: Focused Howl

#115152 MD:8  240-151=89 DMG  Thorns: 54

[0]Dustin: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 3

[5] @Hestia: 1721/1810    Energy: 166/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 196/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Hestia tells Dustin to beat the monster into next week as it rears back in pain. “Gladly.” His hand starts to glow green once again, His arm pulling back as he jumps upwards. The monster was ginormous. This thing must way 20 tons. Might as well knock it on its [censored]. His body twists, pushing his arm forward with a mighty punch right to the monster’s face. The power of the punch pushing Dustin back onto the ground next to Hestia. “Good, now one more attack and I should be able to kill him.” He smiles, looking over at Hestia and Kuro. “Don’t worry, not much longer and you’ll be back doing whatever it is frontliners do when they’re not fighting bosses.” Dustin’s eyes shift back over to the Monkey, who at the time was taken aback by the power behind such a small person. I have to get her to help me arrest him. If not I might lose control, she’s the only one I can trust to stop me. He turns to Hestia. “Back to what I was saying. I found the guy and I want to arrest him. Normally, that wouldn’t require much help. But I need you there, because once I see that man I might lose control and Mace won’t be able to stop me.” His face shifts to a more serious look. “Besides, I have no idea how strong he is, and I have no one else to ask, so it’s either you go or I kill him.” Dustin didn’t like the idea of letting the man live, but he liked the idea of losing everyone he cares about a little less.

Spoiler

ID: 115155

BD: 9

11 + 1 = 12 * 15 = 180 DMG

180 - 50 = 130 DMG

196 - 130 = 66 HP

[0]Dustin: 420/420 HP | 24/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1721/1810    Energy: 166/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 66/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Edited by Dustin

looking towards the giant monkey king i watch him get torn up by Dustin much to my surprise in all honesty. Compared to last time where i watched Haz and Cosi struggle with this to see somebody almost one shot the thing by themselves is rather rejuvenating especially  'It's a low mit mob certainly, but if he wanted he probably could join the frontlines if he had a few more levels under his belt to help him get that last little boost. I think i'll train him alongside Fireheart when i get the chance to help the duo power level towards the frontlines. Some co-guild cooperation.'  I think to myself with a grin at the thought of having somebody from Stryder's guild working alongside myself as a ally since the man himself seems to distrust me ot the highest extent. Dustin, when it comes to your killer he'll be put under arrest don't you worry about that the APD will have him locked up. Lethal force is not authorized unless a lethal blow is trying to be dealt towards a innocent within Aincrad. Stun Sword arts are to be utilized in the capture. I tell Dustin rather seriously speaking to him like i would Mace, or even Ennakai or Ruby.

Action: energize

#115157 MD:6+1=7  89 DMG Thorns: 54  CD:12 +6

[2]Dustin: 420/420 HP | 32/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1712/1810    Energy: 163/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 12/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Dustin’s eyes fixate on the monster across the field from the two. His hand begins to glow green after his energy bar had grown a little bit. His feet push into the ground as he runs into the monster. His feet slip on the ground and he falls into the nearest tree back first. His blue hoodie contrast against the dark brown and green ground as Dustin pushes himself off the ground. “Hestia, What I’m Saying is I’d like you to be there to keep me from killing him.” He explains again. “The man killed my brother and made me watch, and I want to kill him more than anything, but I have people I care about now.” He looks up at her and back towards the monkey. “It’s very important that you’re there.” He finishes, remaining in the range of their monkey. His hood had fallen down in the accident, his brown hair flowing a little in the wind.

Spoiler

ID: 115158

[2]Dustin: 420/420 HP | 30/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1712/1810    Energy: 163/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 12/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Edited by Dustin

Looking towards Dustin i just look at him in surprise mainly more so than anything else since he is saying that he is going to try and kill a man and is going to need help to keep his temper in check to make sure that he doesn't do just that. With a soft sigh that escapes my lips i just nod my head towards him and gives him a supportive look as best as i could muster. Dustin i'll be there to make sure you odn't get killed, or he doesn't get killed. That is my job as a tank to make sure you don' get murdered, and my job as a police chief to make sure you don't murder him. With that lets see how. Before i could say much else the feeling of tree branch hitting my body is felt as the stunned icon follows soon after leaving myself and apparently Dustin stunned and vulnerable for a round against this large creature. 'Which isn't that bad for me honestly.'

Action: Energize

#115160 MD:10 (Stuns entire party)

[2]Dustin: 314/420 HP | 38/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 154/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 12/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Hestia finally understood what Dustin was saying. He listened to her explanation intently, almost forgetting the monster they are fighting. That is, until a branch hits him in the back, knocking him down along with Hestia, stunning them both. “Well... this is a predicament isn’t it?” He chuckles. He was never having more fun than when something was making him struggle. Especially with someone as strong as Hestia at his side. Not being scared of death sometimes made him a loose canon, He was trying to be better, but he still knew when to be careful and or worry about the people you fight with. 

[2]Dustin: 318/420 HP | 39/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4 [Stunned]

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 154/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 12/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Seeing the monkey comes towards me i quickly raise my shield as fast as i can which isn't that fast since my body is impeding such movements all together due to the status condition. Making it feel as if every movement is being made through tar, or quicksand, but that seemignly was enough to make the simple simian take a momentary pause in its attack that i used to dodge out of the way of the attack that was trying to come down barreling atop of me. Welp Dustin. Hopefully you can deal with this thing now, but as i was saying i'll be there to stop murder. As well to make sure that you don't get attacked by any lackies or minions this killer could have if he has any shady connections with him. I say towards Dustin in a calm tone of voice before gazing towards the giant ape.

#115161 MD:3+1=4

[2]Dustin: 314/420 HP | 38/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 155/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

The boy’s legs feel strong for a moment, as he pushes off the ground away from the monkey. “Thanks, I’ll probably go after him in a few days.” He lands next to Hestia. His hand begins to glow green once again as he runs in, swinging a hair too soon, missing by about an inch. Well that didn’t work, Guess I’ll Have to try again soon. He begins to feel like he should be tired, but he’s not. His whole body feels like it normally does, but a little less enegized. Like when you walk up stairs after a year of not doing it. You feel fine but deep down you know you’re a little tired. “Hey Hestia, can I ask you another question?” His breathing slightly heavier than before. The problem was mental, he wasn’t really tired but his brain figured he should be, so the system made his chest feel a bit heavy.

Spoiler

ID: 115163

[2]Dustin: 322/420 HP | 38/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 155/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 12/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Edited by Dustin

I just looking towards the monkey king i would watch as a fist misses me entirely in what is probably its last panicking shots to try and kill us as i look towards Dustin with a curious look in my eyes. If you're missing this much dustin i would recommend maybe investing into some possible accuracy enchantments to help you out with punching that big dumb monkey, and in the future a lot of other mobs. Since if you're having trouble hitting this if you strive for the frontlines you might have a difficult time. I say honestly towards the martial arts using fighter. Not wanting to sugarcoat things for those wanting to risk their lives. 'Which is kinda hypocritical considering what information i try to keep underwraps which is just as dangerous if not more so than what was thought about previously.' I think to myself for only a brief moment before i focus back on teh fight.

#115174 MD:2+1=3  CD:9 +6 eng to hestia

[2]Dustin: 322/420 HP | 38/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 162/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Dustin’s hand starts to glow green once again,  his legs pushing into the ground launching him forward and through the air as his hand gets pushed forward by Cardinal. His motion seems like natural motion. Like he had done this so many times before. The monkey moving slower than before due to its health being so low. His hand manages to slam into the face of the giant ape. “Heck yeah, did you see that Hestia?” A huge smile crosses his face as if he were a child who just scored his first point in a sport. He turns to the girl and hold out his fist for a fist bump.

He pulls out a cookie and starts eating it, turning and walking towards the town once again. The woods seem so much quieter now that the monkey moving around and screaming, it seems so much more peaceful. He looks back at Hestia, a smile still connecting his ears to eachother, he speaks. “I’d like help gaining levels as well, but I can’t just ask you to help me with everything.” His eyes shift back forwards as he maintains his speed, looking down at the dirt and following the foliage on the ground with his eyes.

Spoiler

ID: 115198

BD: 5 + 1 = 6

HIT

11 * 15 = 165 - 50 = 115 DMG

12 - 115 = -103 HP (overkill)

[2]Dustin: 326/420 HP | 22/42 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 EVA | 1 ACC | BH: 4

[5] @Hestia: 1792/1810    Energy: 162/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)         Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Monkey King: 0/250 HP | 50 MIT | 240 DMG (On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the Monkey King will Pick up a tree or large rock and throw it at the party, hitting and stunning them all for 120 damage.)

Edited by Dustin

As my health return to full i would return the fist bump towards Dustin with a smile across my face and gives a nod of my head towards the brown haired player. Yeah i did see that. I saw you take out a giant ape, and should definitely think about adding some accuracy to your build if possible. That should've been a easy one two knock out with the kind of strength that you got Dustin. I say towards him in a joking tone of voice with a slight mix of seriousness when talking about the pure numbers part of this game that we're all forced to be apart of. Wanting to just do my best to aid him in that factor as i look towards the drop that is a small evasion buff as i look at mine and keeps it since even if it isn't that great or special it still could be utilized by others if they wanted such a buff. 'Or i could just use this as a way to keep my evasion at 0 when in a serious fight.' I think idly to myself. If you ever need help with levels though i'll happily work alongside you to help get you towards the frontlines and also just stronger in general.

Dustin’s legs carry him away from the scene even further as they travel towards town. “Great, I have an idea of what to do next.” He says with a childish grin and a thumbs up. Maybe he could be the one person here who tried to always see the good side of this game. Sure the consequence of losing is death, but the benefit of winning is an increase in strength. It would help if the stronger players protected the weaker players more often, but then they wouldn’t be progressing nearly as fast. It’s a fair trade, a few lives for the many. “One day I’m gonna help you guys clear a floor. Don’t know when, or if I’ll survive, but I promise I’ll fight on the front lines with you at least once.” His smile still contrasting the dark and empty jungle. Even the foliage had died out from the paths in the jungle being used so much, now the only bright colors were the outfit and of the players as they tread through the brown and dark green under brush.

@Hestia

Well if you have an idea on what to do next than lead the way Dustin. I say towards the martial arts using boy with a grin upon my face as i gesture for him to lead the way not having any problem with following the lead of a lower leveled person. Since experience and level aren't directly correlated towards what can provide the best advice or the best directions on what to do next in one's goals within their life. 'Though i do try to lead my group in a floor boss since it does help keep things as controlled as possible.' I think calmly to myself as the fighting is over and thus easy clear thoughts are able to flow and contemplate upon what to do about this whole situation of Dustin wanting to murder someone possibly and myself being the singular stopping force between him and murder. When you are standing along with us Dustin on the frontlines i can't wait to have you teamed up with myself or one of the other members on the frontlines. I'm certain you'll be an amazing addition in terms of another thinker on their feet to try and get ideas out, and also a person to help destroy these bosses.