[F13-PP] The short reason why <<Cleansing the Corruption>>>

Hearing a soft ding go off while i am in my shop i look towards the message to see that is Sey once more and bringing up the quest that is on floor thirteen. THAT ONE. With a soft sigh i still agree to come even if i will have to deal with that floor and NPC and all the memories that come with it of what went down at the quest's starting location. At that dang church with no angel's that are depicted upon its windows. Taking out the TP crystal i say the simple command phrase. TP Angel's point. I say as i have my armor and gear equipped the everything role build as i leave the magic snowglobe still put away safely into my inventory while still wearing proudly the necklace i got from the dark elf queen. The simple crescent moon necklace around my neck. When i arrive at Angel's point i make my way towards the church, toward sthe quest giver Miraak the formerly known Miraak the Accursed the event boss.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There they would meet, for Sey was not going to be going through this without being prepared. He would wait with Miraak to see how this would play out, for this quest was so wordy, so it had to be a lot of rewards! Little did he remember that Hestia hinted at something before, so the same concept would be applied today on the unlucky thirteenth floor today. "Lovely to see you here, Hestia. Thanks for arriving, I'm sure this quest could really provide a lot." Sey stated with optimism, typically attributed to confidence. Seems like one of them was thinking in such a way. Miraak wasted no time once Hestia arrived onto the scene. "I require your assistance. Some time ago when I was under Artamiel's influence, I placed a powerful seal of corruption in what once was the largest city of this world. I understand now that it must be destroyed if we plan to put an end to the Corruption of this world. It seems that the Angel's power didn't lift it and we require to remove it directly" 

I just offer a weak smile towards the white haired man when i arrive and than look towards Miraak and feels for but a brief moment instinct take ahold to try and cut and kill this NPC for having done what he did to some players. Just doing my best to keep down the tenseness of my body i listen to Miraak as my hand grips my sword for but a brief moment at the mention of Artamiel as i hope that this NPC isn't smart enough to recognize me from the fallen angel event. Well Sey seems like a go stop a thing mission. Which is different from a go kill a thing mission at the very least. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i try to remember where to go for this quest as i go through the options in my head. Remembering only some details of the quest. So..i know that we faced a horseman of the apocalypse, there were two paths as well. I say out loud trying to walk myself through each of the steps for the quest and seeing if i should just follow the path that i did with Domarus.

Sey wasn't really sure what she meant, since both seemed like something they had to do in quests before. And killing NPC monsters bothered her more than stopping them? To Sey, they may as well be the same thing. "Two paths, you said? Care to catch ol' buddy Sey on what they are?" He asked with the tilt of his head to the side. There was a tough fork in the road that he may have skipped when glossing over the silly little quest description. Or maybe it was never there in the first place. "All right, so there are four horsemen of the apocalypse if any form of history tells me anything. We can have a good idea of what they can do based on their names, right? War, for example, that one is bound to be the physical attacker that hits hard. Or famine, a bunch of debuffs that kill us slowly." Plotting out what their enemies could do was always a good thing to do in order to prevent unfortunate surprises.

The two forks in the road from what i remember was that one had less monsters to kill, but the monsters that were more frequent in numbers had good amount of loot to drop for the work that was put into it in the first place. I say towards Sey with a nod of my head giving him what i can remember from the two various paths as i try to think within a bit more details of what the exact details were. One involved going around the monster horde, and the other was more so charging forward into the group or well horde however you would want to view the monsters when they spawned to cut our way directly to the enemy. I say towards Sey with a nod of my head as i glance back towards the priest who is seemingly waiting for either myself or Sey to start leading the way so that the quest may begin in full force to get into the swing of things. I only faced one of the horseman myself the one called Famine i believe if my memory serves me correctly. I say towards Sey with a nod of my head.

"Wanna take on the one you haven't taken, then? If there is good loot to be found, we could easily take them down!" Sey declared with more hope, little did he really know of what he spoke. Hestia was a stronger tank and he placed all those eggs in that basket. Charging into the horde of monsters seemed like a lot of fun, though he was not sure about what Hestia would think. But if there was something he knew, it was that he was correct about the horsemen mentioned. "Famine must have been status effect hell for you then. If we can avoid that fight again, I think that would be the most desirable results." And not to mention Kyu, who just watched with disapproval as he suggested something that would bring a lot of work on the snow wolf. She wanted to take it easy, but nooooo. Sey just had to choose the long and harder path. The lazy wolf had no say in the arrangement, however.

I think i'd prefer the long path filled with more loot if anything Sey. SInce if i learned anything about last time when partying up with an AoE person who did damage it was this simple fact. Having a DPS around who can take a hit, and also deal damage against multiple enemies for good damage is a blessing when it comes to grinding through those mobs. I say with a amused tone of voice trying to lighten up the mood as i than glance towards Miraak and than start to make my way towards the direction of the corruption gesturing for Sey to follow me. Come on Sey the quest is in this direction, and also this priest guy provides us buffs as well during combat. I inform the white haired spear user with just a small smile as i keep my gaze not looking towards the NPC. My familiar Kuro just flying right besides me as i move my right hand and gently pet the top of his head knowing that Kuro is probably feeling just as much or more unease as i do from this floor.

"I hope my AoE game can help then, I am slightly reluctant on that end as well. These fists aren't known universally quite yet." Sey explained, though he wouldn't refute the fact that he could take damage when he needed to. It was made in a rush, maybe. But thanks to that, he was able to take quite a lot of hits while dealing more damage that the opponent could dish. And with someone who could defend as hard as Hestia did, they were likely to get this finished in due time. "Oh shoot! Coming!" Sey declared, raising his fists as to prepare for combat. A good bit of information that was provided was that the priest gave them buffs, which just made this much better for his morale. "Buffs? Yes please, anything that can be added would make this much easier. If only I brought my consumables for us, maybe we could wipe the floor with the enemies quite quickly."

I chuckle a bit at that as i rub the back of my head when hearing how having some buffs would be nice as i than just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly. Yeah it would be nice honestly to get some buffs and use them for these quests, or just have more buffs for grinding against mobs to rack up col amounts. Though sadly for myself i really don't think i know enough people who would fall into the umbrella camp of easy to acquire buffs. Which is mainly since i don't know if i have a lot of resources for that kind of thing. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as i think towards the two people that i know who could give me buffs in the form of Zandra and Neo being able to have lots of buffs always and seemingly prepared rather readily for the raid when it comes time for it. Speaking of buffs Sey aren't you a cook if i remember correctly? have you ever thought of helping out with the raid buffs by preparing some as well alongside Neo? I ask curiously towards him as i lead us out of the main settlement towards what was once a totally desolate wasteland of a floor with no life, but is now starting to show some signs of life that trail off the farther away from this town you get.

"I typically keep the buffs to myself until I'm asked. But I am not really hunting materials these days, so I just serve myself normally. If I DID do that, I would have to invest in a build that provided me higher levels of materials instead of... Well..." He would open the menu and open the skill tree, revealing the two different howls and a modification applied to them. Fighting Spirit wasn't that far off the list. It was sad that he was not going to be using a single one of those skills, they could have gone into loot! But all in due time, he will soon strip them from the list and invest into luck yet again. A fun time that will be. "Only under a severe lack would I help to assist in the frontlines in that sense. I'm more a fan of wiping the monsters off the face of the game. But I provide services to those who simply ask. Ask and you shall receive, or something like that." And so they would bail out from the main settlement thanks to Hestia's lead.

Well if you ever want to help in terms of mat gathering we could work together on that really since i'm certain we could wipe out waves of monsters in terms of like a grinding day and could get quite a huge amount of col, mats, and gear to get identified to get ourselves a rather lucky chance at getting some unique of our own. I say towards Sey a bit jokingly to try and lighten up my own mood to release some of my own anxiety of this all as we would be making our way as i gaze forward and spots the forms of some of the loot mobs already as i sigh softly at their rather short and quick appearance for them. Not hearing the NPC having started to talk as if following a pre-planned dialogue tree. "I am gravely sorry to the both of you if you were their during the time i was taken over by Artamiel's influence. I know it had affected a few of those lost souls when i had..dealt them a rather bad hand, and from the sounds of things when i exited the church it was similar for your group miss." The NPC talking to me near the end as i don't acknowledge the words, but subconsciously my body tenses ever so slightly when hearing that. The forms of four shambling ghoul like zombie creatures start to lurch forward towards the three of us.

It didn't take long for them to come across combat, so it looks like he would have to answer with a demonstration. "It seems like that dream will have to wait a bit. Monsters are here! And they do not look like they will fall to any old fool..." Sey replied, raising his fists up as they entered quite a new territory already. Four of the enemies wanted them dead, hopefully Miraak would provide some of the buffs needed! And as much as he would like to hand the hate over to Hestia, they seemed more interested in jumping for him first. Swiftly, he would move his body to avoid taking any damage successfully before backing most of them off with a Tornado Kick, each of them sliding, though the last wasn't too close thanks to evading it. "A little help here!? My Fighting Spirit skill is working against me right now!" Tank skills without tanking. Beautiful.

http://prntscr.com/nbmob1

Action: Tornado Kick
Enemies: [All Missed]
Miraak: [No effect] ID: 114686

Sey DMG: 19 x 6 = 114 DMG
Sey BD 10: 21 x 6 = 126 DMG

Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage [2/3/0/2]
@Hestia: ???/???

Diseased One: 746/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 734/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 860/860 HP | 258 DMG

Edited by Sey

I blink slowly as i hear that as i can only mutter a single phrase under my breathe at realizing i am now in a tanking battle against Sey. Oh **** a duck. I say as i than activate howl as i slam my sword against my shield as i stare down the four mobs. HEY! Come here and face Aincrad's greatest tank you miserable infected corpses! Come here and get cleansed by the guild Radiant Sanctuary! i yell over towards them as i lower my shield to prepare for the attacks that were about to come towards me as i can only hope that it won't be anything to crazy against me in terms of the damage that'll be dealt. I feel the impact of three attacks hit my shield with the fourth seemingly having just barely missed its mark as i look towards Sey with a look. Sey no insult against you, but i am GLAD we're not on the same team in the frontlines. I don't want to end up competing with you the entire time for hate! i call over towards him in a mix of joking and serious tone of voice.

#114690 MD:4+1=5
#114691 MD:9 107 DMG
#114692 MD:8   107 DMG
#114693 MD:5+1=6  258-151=107 DMG  (321 total)

[2/2/2/2]Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage [2/3/0/2]
[3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1483/1810    Energy: 166/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 734/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 806/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 692/860 HP | 258 DMG

"They have dirtied up the sanctuary, and for that, may they find peace in the deepest graves!" Sey replied, nearly stepping, only for Miraak to suddenly hold him back with a palm across his chest. The other palm was extended out towards the enemies, lined up perfectly. "And with that, I banish you all for the sake of peace!" A sudden wave of blinding light would rush through the enemies quite easily. Sey watched their health bars drop a drastic amount, his eyes widened at the damage the priest did. It was insanity to have such an insane level of power! But they were not done yet! "Trust me on this, Hestia, I did not want this battle! Just try to get the hate off of me as much as you can, I'll try to brittle them out before any decide to try and make me their target." And with that, he aimed a swift kick to the side of the enemies, most of them taking the impact.

http://prntscr.com/nbn2xw

[2/5/2/4]Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 99/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[3/3/3/3] @Hestia: HP: 1483/1810    Energy: 166/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Sey Action: Tornado Kick
Miraak: 300 AoE Unmitigated DMG ID: 114686

Sey DMG: 19 x 6 = 114 DMG

Diseased One: 446/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 320/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 392/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 279/860 HP | 258 DMG 

Edited by Sey

My mouth drops open in utter surprise as i watch a holy light utterly destroy the small group of diseased ones as i look towards Miraak in just shock and awe. You can do that! I scream towards him in utter surprise remembering last time that he had been able only able to heal me up every single time during each round which had been helpful. Oh god what kind of damage did you have as an event boss. I whisper out just barely loud enough for both Sey and Miraak to hear with a small tint of what sounds like slight fear. Able to remember the fear within Mina and the sadness and anger she was exuding after she had been forced out of that fight, and the same being said for Sunova when i saw that white haired girl and tried to give some kind of comfort.  Shaking myself from that i look towards the group and just once more howl out towards the enemies to get their attention back towards me. As the echo of a loud metal banging echoes out from my shield hitting pommel of my sword.  well we're close to them being dead so focus on that if you can!  I shout over towards Sey.

Action: Howl

#114700  MD:7+1=8   (throns 54)
#114701 MD:5+1=6   321 total-80=241
#114702 MD:10
#114703 MD:3+1=4

[2/5/2/4]Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 99/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[6/6/6/6] @Hestia: HP: 1241/1810    Energy: 159/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 266/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 279/860 HP | 258 DMG 

Miraak humbly nodded his head in reply to Hestia's awe. Sey tilted his head when she mentioned the event boss, though he did not have any recollection of such a thing. The priest didn't have one either, so they were both a bit lost for words when she began uttering such things. "Yes... Okay, I shall just assist you both however I can then." Miraak declared, closing his eyes and sending a sudden damage boost to the both of them. Sey felt far more motivated to inflict damage now, and the Tornado kick would spin at the Diseased Ones yet again! Only one of them managed to escape the deadly assault, but the rest will find themselves so close to death that they were bound to perish in the next rotation. Sey smiled with confidence before he called back out to Hestia. "Seems like we have them cornered, I think we might be able to finish these fools off!"

http://prntscr.com/nbwuwy

Sey: 21 x 6 = 126
Miraak: +2 DMG buff to party for 2 turns

[Hestia and Sey gain +2 DMG for 2 turns]

[2/7/4/6]Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 99/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[6/6/6/6] @Hestia: HP: 1241/1810    Energy: 159/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 140/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 153/860 HP | 258 DMG 

Edited by Sey

Once more i slam the pommel of my blade against the shield that i am wielding to get the attention back towards me as i feel a slight aura surround me as i remember the feeling rather well from the fight that i had alongside Domarus. Damage buff, nice. I say simply to myself with a smile as i once more wish i had a accuracy buff to try and at least hit one of these little diseased ones.  With a sigh i just raise my shield and prepare myself for the attacks as i see the swarm of four enemies charge toward me for an attack. feeling two attacks impact against my shield i quickly swipe them away and than use my sword to knock two other attacks away more so on instinct rather than thinking to much about the mechanics of this game. Though finding myself pleasantly surprised about how this is going much better than my solo grinding adventures.

Action: Howl

#114733 MD:2+1=3
#114734 MD:6+1=7  214 DMG-80=134 DMG total
#114735 MD:7+1=8
#114737  MD:2+1=3

[2/7/4/6]Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 99/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[9/9/9/9] @Hestia: HP: 1107/1810    Energy: 152/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 86/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 212/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 153/860 HP | 258 DMG 

The damage buff could only hold up for so long. Sey was hoping Miraak would apply a damage buff onto the both of them. It was an unfortunate sight for him to see a healing spell being used on himself and Hestia, but they were going to have to make do with that. Sey did not need it, Hestia probably would have loved it far more. It was okay, Sey could just aim another tornado kick and hope for the best. But they were nowhere near close to being in range when he executed the swift kick to the side, striking only one of them while the others managed to evade his assault so easily. It was annoying to have such slippery enemies when they were so close. Perhaps Miraak would like to try and banish them next time? Just a small suggestion. All Sey could do was step back, for the assault started yet again. How lucky for them.

http://prntscr.com/nbx9h3

Sey: Tornado Kick
Miraak: Heals Party for 100 HP

[2/7/4/8] Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 91/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[9/9/9/9] @Hestia: HP: 1207/1810    Energy: 152/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 140/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 37/860 HP | 258 DMG 

Edited by Sey

Looking towards the group of four mobs and not one to let a good chance go to waste as i charge forward towards all four of them utilizing the fact that Sey failed to hit towards me advantage as i activate my sword art. A light blue light trails behind the blade as it gets covered in the glow of the skill as i move in towards the four of them as i cut into the four mobs with four wide over arcing strikes dancing around the mobs and using my shield to knock the ones that would knock me off my rhythm away. The light show ending leaving a faint image if seen from overheard of a miniature butterfly. Two forms explode outward in a flash of pixles as the remaining two get knocked deep into the red or just into the red as i look towards Sey with a grin on my face. The beauty of the everything build. Attack and defense are at my disposal.

Action: Butterfly Illusion+concentration+charge

#114743 BD:7 24x8= 192  MD:3+1=4
#114744 BD:7 176 DMG MD:dead
#114745 BD:7  192 DMG  MD:9
#114746  BD:10 (he is dead)

loot mob rolls

#114747  LD:6+5=11 CD:4   2 T2 mats,  1720 COL, 2580 COL, 1 rare unidentified T2 trinket
#114748  LD:4+5=9  CD:12    1720 COL, 1720 COL,  2580COL, 860 COL, 1 rare unidentifed T2 trinket

[2/7/4/8] Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 91/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[10/10] @Hestia: HP: 1207/1810    Energy: 136/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 200/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 86/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 20/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 37/860 HP | 258 DMG 

Looks like Hestia used his failure to obtain an advantage, making two of the monsters disappear near instantly. He would tilt his head to the side and place his hands in his pockets, though Miraak made sure that this time was not wasted and healed Hestia yet again for another 200 health points. "Seems like we are nearing the end, bruise tank. I'll make sure to delete this one." Sey declared before taking a quick buzzsaw kick to the Diseased one behind him, then a second kick to the one with the most health. One of them shattered while the other one was near dead, Hestia probably could finish this off with the next move. If she did, then that was the first wave that they had to deal with, but there was a lot more to this than just that mob if the long route suggested anything. Looks like they were both bound to have a terribly long night.

http://prntscr.com/nbxhwp

Sey: Tornado Kick
Miraak: Heals Hestia for 200 HP

[4/6] Sey: 1330/1330 | EN: 81/124 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 126 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | BH: 65 | -25% DoT Damage
[10/10] @Hestia: HP: 1407/1810    Energy: 136/172 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2   Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)  Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction

Diseased One: 74/860 HP | 258 DMG
Diseased One: 20/860 HP | 258 DMG

Loot:

2,580 Col, 1 Perfect Consumable, 1 Rare Trinket, 4 T2 Mats

Edited by Sey