[PP - F1] The Beginning << TFFLaF >>

Ragnarok sighed, it had been a moment since he had decided to head out and go level himself up so he would finally make a difference in the world... however he did value his life... but things weren't going to get anywhere if everyone had kept the same mindset as he did. He had stood up and looked around the area on the first floor, nowadays there hasn't been as many people as before, however there is still a handful of people still present on the first floor main settlement, probably people more his power level as well. "Well... I am certainly not going to move forward if I don't do anything to improve myself... here's hoping I can get some good EXP from killing some boars or something.." he scratched the back of his head thinking of what to do. He had just only hoped he would make it out alive today.

@Symphony

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Symphony walked into the open square of the first floor town, reading a book in her right hand while munching on an apple with her left. She glanced up to see a lost looking player in front of her. "Hey, young one, are you going on one of your first quests right now? I can join you if you like in case anything decides to stalk ya. I was just about to head out to gather materials for my shop anyways," she said to the man. She placed her book back into her inventory and finished the apple. Then she put out her hand for him to shake. "The names Symphony, by the way. Pleasure to meet you!" She smiled and straightened he back, making sure to give a nice and firm, welcoming handshake. 

It wasn't too long ago that she decided to start adventuring as well. It had been 2 years until she stepped up the courage to venture out, but she was glad she had. Now she had made a couple of good friends who adventured with her sometimes. 

In the middle of his thought a woman had walked up and spoke out to him, he looked over and saw a rather... cute girl, he had smiled and said "Young one? I dunno about all that." he had turned to face her then said "Well, I did just meet you, but... I don't think I could turn down a offer from someone as cute as you miss." he had chuckled then had take her hand and gave it a firm shake "Ragnarok, you probably already know me in the real world... but if you don't I am sure you will get to know me after a while doing things together. Always a pleasure miss Symphony." he had placed his other hand on his chest and gave her a respectful bow. Afterwards he had said to her "So, are you a experienced player? Did you come up to me as a friendly gesture and perhaps to make a new friend? Or is there some other reason to your arrival to my footsteps?"

@Symphony

Symphony blushed and smiled at being called cute. It had been a while since someone had been so generous with complements towards her. She tilted her head as he mentioned that she should know him in the real world. "Unfortunately, I don't believe I have heard of you. Though yes, we should get to know each other as time passes." She smiled towards the man. 

To his questions, she responded, "I am only level 5 at this point, but I am more experienced than you." She laughed at her own teasing. "And I came here only as a friendly gesture. I know that us beginners need all the help we can get, and maybe if we work more together, you can lend me some help as well." In all honesty, Symphony was just a friendly woman who loved making new friends and going on adventures. Reading books and collecting knowledge for the last two years had made her restless enough for her to finally venture out outside of the safe zone. 

Ragnarok had smiled seeing the blush come from Symphony seeing he hasn't gotten rusty so far, he had shrugged and said "Ah don't worry about it then, in the real world I am a K-Pop star, not everyone is into the music so I don't blame you." he placed his hand in his hair and stroked it.  With a chuckle he had said out to her "Yeah, way more experienced than I am, I am still level 1 after all." she smiled. He had nodded his head and said out to her "I believe there are some beginner quests you can help me with yeah? Do you think you would be up for the task with helping me get through them? So I can get that sweet leveling going?" she chuckled once more. He looked around then back to Symphony, he tilted his head a bit thinking to himself "She is rather cute... however I don't want her ending up being a psycho, don't want to make any moves to someone that might potentially get me killed.."

@Symphony

"Oh! Kpop?" Symphony asked when she heard what he did for a profession. "I may have performed with some of your group mates before then. I've played as instrumental back up for Kpop shows on the occasion." She smiled, remembering the real world and her work as a musician. 

Then she took notice of his level once more. "Ah, yes. But don't worry! I'll get you on the path to leveling quickly. I'll let you kill the enemies, but I'll also stand guard so that no other dangerous ones attack you." Her face grew serious. "Even first quests can be dangerous if you're not careful enough. And one of the first lessons you should learn is when to run." Then her mood changed back to a happier one. "Though I apologize for the sudden seriousness. I just believe it had to let you know. And yes, I can help you with your first lessons. Lead the way, hun." She smiled and motioned for him to take the lead. 

Ragnarok had shook his head and said to her as he flipped his hair "Ah yeah, however I made it big out in South Korea. We sell out concerts almost every time we do them nowadays. It's a lot of money to be made. However, I don't suppose it makes me any more handsome, I mean I am just a singer after all." he had moved his hands outward almost in a shrugging nature. Then hearing the news about helping him get on track to getting levels, he had rubbed the back of his head and nervously chuckled "Just make sure they don't accidentally kill me, I appreciate living you know." then he looked at her then with a smile said "Ah, don't worry about it miss Symphony, some people are just more serious about some topics more than others, I completely understand. I can be serious about topics too you know, I am only human. At least... last time I checked I was.." then he had took the steps forward then thinking if he was just some handsome glamour robot.

@Symphony

Symphony rolled her eyes at his vain comments. She found self-flattery in excess to be quite dull and boring. "Yes, you are human. You still have your flaws like one," she teased while sticking out her tongue. "I used to sing as well. Though probably never as good as you." 

Then she looked ahead towards the town gates. Hm, he probably has no clue where to go to find the best materials for this quest, she thought. "Well, Mr. Handsome, follow me. I know the perfect spot where flowers are plenty in bloom and materials are in abundance." She lead the way out of the Safe Zone, waving to the guards as they passed through. 

Then she walked down the main trail for about three quarters of a mile and turned left along a small path. After not too long of a walk, they arrived in a flower garden with a small pond in the middle. Butterflies flew in clusters around the roses and birds sung in the trees. "You should find more than enough materials here," she said to Ragnarok while sitting down against a tree to read a book. "And enemies usually don't spawn here, so you should be generally safe."

Ragnarok had smiled and said out to her "Ah, its all natural my dear. Once you learn you just get rusty, you never forget how to do something. I am sure if you wanted I could train you to use your vocal cords once again and you will be singing again in no time!" in the middle of finding the place to go Ragnarok had found the area where the beginner quests were found and took the quest from Zachariah, then looking over he had smiled and said "Right behind you miss beauty." he lightly chuckled then followed behind her. After a moment they had made their way to a area of flowers and it seemed very... romantic in a way. Ragnarok chuckled shaking his head and said "Already taking me out on a date to beautiful locations without my consent huh? I mean, at the same time its with a cute woman so I don't feel like its not a bad idea." he then looked around in search of materials, and in the midst of doing so he found one and placed it into his inventory. 

@Symphony

ID: 115156 - LD: 16 [1/5]

Symphony looked over at Ragnarok when he commented on singing training. "Don't worry, I have still kept my voice up to par in this game. It's what I do while hunting to entertain myself. As well as when gathering. My mother was an opera singer after all. I'm used to practicing at least once a day to keep my voice sounding like an angel." 

As she laid against the tree half-reading and half-walking Ragnarok, she replied to his comment. "Ha, I'm afraid I'm not that smart or cunning about such things. But I am glad that you do enjoy the place." She looked around and took in the beauty again. "I found this place during one of my first gathering quests. It may have been the exact one that you are doing now. I have a bad memory when it comes to these things. It does make one feel at peace though. But be careful of the illusions found here." She turned back to her book, leaving him with one more assurance. "Though I will do my best to keep you safe."

Ragnarok had smiled then said to her with a wink and a snap and a finger gun toward her direction saying "Then I suppose you owe me a time where you sing for me then, I am more than willing to hear your voice then sweetheart." he chuckled. Ragnarok had went back to searching afterwards, to his luck his luck had kept going his way and he found yet another material he could use for the quest, with a smile he placed it into his inventory then his attention shifted back to Symphony with a smile. "Can't blame me for trying though." he chuckled, then noticed she had been getting to her book, he had placed a hand on his hip then thought to himself "Dang this woman is attractive. Real to the core, cute and can joke around and keep up a joke. Shes the real deal here Rag." he then said out to her "Well, since we are here, you wanna talk about each other a bit? Learn about each other more?" he offered.

@Symphony

ID: 115199 - LD: 12 [2/5]

She looked up at the finger guns and laughed. "Woow, classic finger guns, huh?" she said teasingly while continue to giggle. "And maybe I'll sing for you one day. If I'm in the mood," she teased and winked again. She watched as he picked up another material. Impressive, this quest took me so long when I first started. He must be lucky with his rolls today, she thought. 

To his suggestion about talking and learning about each other, she responded, "Sure. Well I suppose I'll go first. Hm. So, for most of these past two years, I've been just reading and gathering books of information from shop keepers and other players. You'd be surprised that some of our own have written about bosses and other higher tier enemies." She held up the book she was reading as an example. It was labelled "Monsters of Tier 1 Floors". 

She continued, "Well, one day I decided to try my hand at actually fighting and putting my knowledge to good use. If I died, I died. So be it. And that's how I came to be here." She spread her arms out and motioned around her. "I've had one or two near-death experiences, but nothing to bad."

Ragnarok had blinked a few times when she had laughed at his finger guns, he moved his hand down and said "Y-yeah? Its pretty common for me to do, it was a thing I did back when I did K-Pop and all." he had smiled when she had winked and offered when she was in the mood he had said to her "Well when you are in the mood, be sure to let me know. I am more than willing to hear your voice in action." he winked back then went back to searching materials, however he wasn't able to really find anything. Ragnarok had stopped and his back was facing her then he had said "I suppose it is my turn, however I do wish to forget what lead me to this point. I did nothing out of depression, me and my girlfriend had entered this game together, and after a bit she was kidnapped then killed. I never got to say goodbye, never a chance to save her, but I will bring justice in her name." he almost shed a few tears in describing why he hadn't been doing anything.

@Symphony

ID: 115213 - LD: 5 [2/5]

Symphony looked up from her book and her face fell. "I'm very sorry to hear that... A death of a lover is very hard to get over. I cannot say I have experienced the same. However, my ex lover turned out to be a real monster in this game. We entered this game together and he turned out to be something... twisted. Deplorable." She looked down at her boots and sighed. 

"My apologies. I did not mean to mention more depressing things. Once I am stronger, I can kill those who did that to her if they have not already been killed." She strongly believed in justice. Not enough to join the guard or police force made her in the SAO world, but enough to avenge those who deserved it when need be. How sad it is to be so young and already have lost someone you loved dearly, she thought while biting her lip out of nervousness. She couldn't imagine what it felt like. Sure, realizing your old lover was just a useless brick was something, but losing a precious flower to the ashes of death was something else. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had just frowned looking away from her as he continued to search for materials, then as he picked one up that he could use he had said out "No." then he stood up to face her with two tears going down his face "I must kill them, I failed her, I messed up and she was kidnapped because I wasn't good enough to save her, I was never there to at least say goodbyes when she had died. I got to avenge her name, otherwise mine will remain stained for the remainder of my cursed time here." then he had turned around again saying "Plus it would be ashame for someone as beautiful as you to perish." then he moved forward looking around for any more materials that he could acquire, he needed these materials to finish these quests, he needed to avenge her name to finally move past the demons that haunt him to this very day.

ID: 115214 - LD: 13 [3/5]

@Symphony

Symphony frowned and looked into Ragnarok's eyes as he spoke. Once he had finished, she grew even more... thoughtful. "I am not beautiful," she said while getting up. "I am not innocent or pure as true beauty is." She stretched and popped her back. Then she walked over to Ragnarok and handed him a handkerchief. She turned around and let him have his privacy. "Though, I do respect your spirit in avenging her death. That is quite a noble mission." Quite a bit better mission than hers. She just wanted to kill things. The challenge, the energy running through her veins. It was something...different. She had begun to enjoy the hunt of enemies. It worried her sometimes, but what was the harm anyways. She still had no craving to kill humans. 

"If you ever need a hand in avenging her," she continued. "I will be here for you." Her face held a stern and serious expression. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had simply replied to her and said "It is not a matter of being pure, and you don't always need to agree with yourself to admit that you are. However to other people, like me, we see the beauty in you. Past your looks." he takes the Hankerchief offered to him and said wiping his tears "And for someone like me, I tend to love impurities more than a persons purities." he had winked toward her. Then said as he was searching for a material and said "Well, I would love help in finding them and everything. But I don't want to put you in harms way." he had found another material and placed it into his inventory, only just one away from completing his objective. He looked back to her then extended a hand forward and said "...but, if you are willing to put yourself in harms way, just to help someone like me that endlessly flirts with you and is captivated by your beauty, then I welcome you to join me." he smiled.

ID: 115217 - LD: 17 [4/5]

@Symphony

She took the handkerchief back and put it in her inventory, letting a small smile slip at his compliment. She looked down at his hand as he extended it, and then took it in her own and shook it strongly. She looked back up into his eyes and said, "I will help you avenge her. Trust me on that bit." She then let her hand fall back down to her side. Relaxing, she stepped over to a tree and leaned against it while she watched Ragnarok continue to collect materials. "You're nearly finished gathering. Quite quick for a beginner. Surprising really..." It had taken her a few hours her first time, but he had done everything quite quickly in comparison. Hopefully the crafting of the potion would go well for him as well. 

"And then, once you're finished with this quest, we can go hunting together." As she said this, a certain glint came to her eyes and she smiled. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had looked down at his hand as she shook it, she had a bit of a grip which he actually liked. He thought about hugging her, however... he felt it wasn't that great of a idea right now. He looked up to Symphony and said out to her "Well, I thank you. Even though you shouldn't be putting yourself in harms way just to help me, but I do appreciate you being here to help me. But first, we have some beginner stuff to finish for me." he had chuckled then went back to looking for some materials, and with some great stroke of luck he had found the last material he needed. Rag had smiled, it had seemed that either luck was on his side or he just naturally has a skill for this sort of thing. He had turned back and said to her "Hunting sounds fun Symphony, I just got the last material. Let us go to the quest giver to finish the quest shall we?"

ID: 115246 - LD: 18 [5/5 - Objective Completed]

@Symphony

"Sure," Symphony responded as she made sure she had everything in order and hadn't dropped anything during their stay. Then they set out back towards the village. Along the way, she decided to ask him questions to keep her mind busy. "So, what did you like doing for fun back in the real world. I imagine being a K-pop star could become tiring after a while. What did you do to unwind?" she asked while walking down the trail. It had been a while since she had talked about the real world with another person. She looked up at the sky, wondering how everyone she knew was doing back in that world. Hopefully her mother and father were still in good health. Then she thought about her cat, Max. She felt a pang in her heart as she worried about him. She hoped he was doing well and that she would wake up again to see him once more. She let out a small sigh as they walked, suddenly down and stressed after thinking about her dear cat friend. 

@Ragnarok