[PP|F3] Time to leave <<Worn out Welcome>>

Shiro thought back to the quest he did with the girl that has silver hair, and begins to think. That quest gave her something useful if I recall correctly, but I don’t know. He walks through the town, avoiding people and taking his time, making sure not to draw too much attention to himself as his familiar dances around his body. Felli was the only will-o-wisp familiar he had ever seen, maybe it was one of a kind. Why would I be the one to get the one of a kind familiar and not anyone important? His eyes follow the creature until it moves behind him and follows him as he walks. “Felli, what are you doing?” His words carry a bite as he spins quickly and smiles, pointing at the blue flame as if he were scolding it.

As he approaches the blacksmith shop his body begins to tense up. This was a quest area meaning people would be around here and he might end up being dragged along on another mission with some random person. They were always incredibly loud too, which was unfortunate. I swear to god this whole world is like the tall grass in Pokémon... his eyes land on the door as he quickly enters and closes the door behind himself.

@Kirbs

Kirbs' eyes averted to a familiar shop. "I should probably get this quest done. I'm too high levelled for it now," she muttered to herself, sighing. Her eyes caught on an unfamiliar but familiar person. "Where do I know that kid from?" She tilted her head. As if a lightbulb appeared above her, she snapped her fingers. "Oh, right! He was that kid who got that familiar from the Christmas party. Lucky dude," she exclaimed out loud, regurgitating her memories. She watched him get closer to the shop and realized she had to start the quest before it got dark. "Shoot, shoot!" Kirbs dashed off, trying to squeeze herself in before he closed the door. She was only a hair away from the door when it closed, however, it was too late to actually stop dead in her tracks. She ran face first into the door with a loud slam. Reeling back, she hissed and cupped her nose. "God [nonoword] damn it!"

@Huginn

The door was closed for no more than a few seconds before a loud thud ring out inches behind him. The hair on his neck would’ve stood up if they could, but luckily the other thing that happened was the whimpy cry that escaped his mouth as he jumped forward. “AAH! GOOD GOLLY!” He opens the door in a panic and instantly regrets the decision. Not knowing what to say he just opens his mouth and lets his mind run wild. “Would you like to accompany me?” He asks kindly and genuinely for a moment, hoping secretly that her answer would be no. That’s when Felli pops out and flies up quickly as if mocking him for what just happened. She settles around the player in front of Huginn and moves as if elated to meet someone new... she likely was to be entirely honest. His eyes scan over the woman in front of him in a discrete manner, not like checking her out, but more like determining if she is good enough to play with his familiar.

@Kirbs

Her eyebrows shoot up as she continued to cup her aching nose. Good golly? She looked up at the lucky player in front of her. "U-uhm," she stuttered, her face turning red from the embarrassing situation she was in. "Yes?" She said hesitantly, her voice muffled and distorted from the wall of her hands. She gulped as she watched his firey familiar move around. She shut her eyes and blew a sigh of relief as she let out of her nose. "God damn, that hurt," she muttered, blinking her eyes a couple of times. "A-ah, sorry about that. I guess me and doors don't... mix very well," she mumbled out, mentally facepalming herself for being so bloody stupid. She glared at him under his gaze and scanned him back. He doesn't look like he is such a high level. She sighed and rubbed her aching temples. Looking up, she stretched out her hand towards him. "My name is Kirbs, like the video game character," she grinned dorkishly.

@Huginn

Kirbs? As in... Kirby? He looks at her one more time... “Why would you name yourself after a puffball?” Genuine confusion in his eyes as he tilts his head and thinks for a moment. “Name’s Shiro.” He turns and walks into the shop, and the shop keep begins to explain the quest to the boy. I know, I’ve helped someone do this before. He waits for the window to pop up, but the moment it does he selects accept. He quickly rotated and starts walking out, sending Kirbs a party invite. “We’re gonna need this if we’re gonna fight together.” He walks out of the shop entirely and into the streets, the familiar still hanging back by the lady as the boy reads the news of the game. So they’re moving up again? Guess we can’t be stopped, can we? He examines the names of players allegedly involved, looking for his sister’s name. “Hey miss, if you were to be looking for someone, how would you go about finding them?” The question obviously deeply rooted in his personal experience even though no emotion bleeds through to the surface.

@Kirbs

She nodded sheepishly, a small and high pitched laugh coming from her. "Yeah, actually. I'm a big Nintendo fanatic," she said almost proudly. "Well, nice to meet you, Shiro," she said, following after you into the shop. Blinking at his unexpressive behaviour, she deadpanned and sighed. Guess people can't be as 'social' like me. She blew huff of hot air and nodded at him, accepting the party invite. "Right," she bit her lip, tailing him out of the shop.  She stopped next to him and raised a brow in confusion. Following his eyes, she looked at the list of name, a small glint of hope flickering through her eyes for a split second before turning back to him to answer his question. "Looking for someone..?" She whispered to herself solemnly. "I mean, you could try looking around the last floor you saw them... or a floor that you know they'd be at. That's what I did anyway," she inhaled sharply and shrugged. "It's hard if you're not on their friends list," the girl said, "because that thing has a whole map tracker and stuff. I mean, you don't even know if they're dead or something or that they just ditched and unfriended you..." she rambled on. Exhaling, she gave him a forced smile and nodded her head towards the town's exit. "Anyway! Let's go before it gets dark."

@Huginn

The word dead sparks a look of pure terror on the boy’s face. Does she even realize what she just said to me? Damn, I thought people were supposed to be nice. She couldn’t have known what she just said to the boy, so he decides not to give her an ear full. Not like he could if he wanted to. He gives her a fake smile and walks ahead of her. These woods are dark and eerie at night, so I don’t blame her for being in a rush, but slow down. Take in the scenery. “Wait...” the word comes out without him realizing he had said something until he feels his mouth shut. “This Forrest is dark and loomy, but when the moonlight shines through it can be beautiful.” He walks, trying not to rush through the Forest. The talk of nature had forced him to open his mouth so he might as well continue. “I heard that the silver strings of moonlight can make for one spooky evening... but I’ve also heard it’s ideal for romantic settings.” His behavior had changed, ever so slightly. Like he was more relaxed, though his emotions still hidden for the most part, even through that last bit, not a drop of embarrassment seeps out. Like he didn’t know what he had just said, his words don’t affect how he feels.

@Kirbs

Kirbs swiped away one of her red bangs out of her face and paused, looking at Huginn in confusion. "Yeah?" She blinked and looked at the mysterious and dark terrain around her. "Yeah, I guess it is," she let out a breathy and forced laugh. "I guess it'a pretty spooky- wait, what." She pinched her arms and yelped slightly. Well. I have confirmed that... that did indeed come out of a random stranger's mouth. She slapped her cheeks lightly and frowned. "Well," she started, "I suppose it is... nice here." She fiddled with her fingers as she looked up at the dark, dark, night sky. She gulped and looked past the player in front of her-- black nothingness. "I-I think we should really get going before it gets really, really, dark!" She squeaked, her voice rising a few octaves. Though the light of his familiar comforted her a little bit, she was still internally freaking out. Holy banana cheese balls, I should've stayed home. Stupid! Stupid!

@Huginn

Huginn’s familiar danced around the red headed Brit, leaving him in the natural light. “I think it’s amazing out here.” His black outfit blending in with the night, save only for the dirt path lit by the silver strands dangling down gently. Her tone appeared to be that of someone who was in fear. He knew the tone all too well, it was the tone his voice carried every night when his father was working. “Guess we’ll hurry up then.” He launches out into the night, running as fast as he can. Like he was actually having fun an instinctive smile crosses his face. At this speed, the rays began to morph together and become a constant stream of bluish gray locked under the trees. His spear spins out and the flame of blue catches up to him and sits on the spear head as he slams it forward, narrowly missing the deltoid of the dark elf. Damn I missed. Why can’t I ever hit that attack? It seems like an easy attack to land, but I guess not.

Spoiler

ID: 114652

BD: 5

miss

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 6 DMG | Para: 1

Dark Elf: 12/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Kirbs

Edited by Huginn

The player pressed the tips of her fingers together and nodded nervously. "Yeah, I guess it's kind of pretty," she said, trying her best not to melt in a puddle right then and there. If he wasn't distracted soon, she's was going to freak the frick' out. "Okay," she said plainly, watching speed off for a heartbeat. She gulped and dashed after him, maintaining his speed, if not faster. The wind in her ears silently soothed her as she ran. It was almost deafening but it made her feel just a tad bit better. Her eyes locked on the Dark Elf's dark body and she pulled her dagger out of its sheath. She slowed down and let Shiro attack before she could, although he missed by a hair. As he landed, she dashed passed him but not before she flashed him a wink. "Don't worry, I got it!" She grinned, a surge of adrenaline surging through her as she locked eyes with the Dark Elf. Launching herself into the air, she performed her sword art. She drew back her dagger and pierced the Dark Elf's body in three clean strokes. The mob let out a deafening screech before dissipating into thin, blue shards. Landing softly on her feet, Kirbs let out a soft sigh before gulping. She picked up the materials and turned her head back to Shiro. "Let's go back quickly before I start freaking out again," she gave him a nervous close-eyed grin.

Spoiler

ID: 114658

BD: 5+3=8, Success

Kirbs used <<Tri Pierce>> on Dark Elf

5x3=15 DMG

12-15=0 HP

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 6 DMG | Para: 1

Kirbs: 240/240 | 22/24 | 5 DMG | 1 Para | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 23 MIT

Dark Elf: 0/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Huginn

Edited by Kirbs

Shiro’s eyes lock on the girl as she follows up his attack flawlessly. Her grace with the weapon almost entrancing. Like a dance with a knife. Though Shiro’s mind was stuck on the wink she snuck him, turning his face a bright red. “Felli, stick with her on the way back.” He pushes the air behind the luminous being and forces it over towards Kirbs. The obvious blushing was supposed to be hidden in the darkness, but the familiar was brighter than he thought, making his red cheeks just as obvious, if not more obvious than before. It’s just cold, that’s it. The wink was just a joke Shiro, get a hold of yourself. He pulls his hood up and tries to hide under that too keep her from noticing anything out of the ordinary. Though she didn’t know him all too well, so the woman probably wouldn’t recognize anything he did as out of the ordinary, unless she was comparing his actions to a normal person.

@Kirbs

She sheathed her dagger and dusted her hands off. The player's adrenaline suddenly switched off and she was back to being the scared girl afraid of the dark. She covered her face shamefully with the palms of her hands and sighed heavily. God, I'm such a disgrace, she frowned and removed her hands. The bright light of a familiar danced around her and she smiled a bit. "Thanks," she turned to Shiro and nodded with a small and genuine smile. She gazed at his face for a split second before her cheeks puffed up. She quickly looked away and covered her mouth, her shoulders shaking vigorously. "In, out. In, out!" she breathed, making it seem like she was hyperventilating at this point. "Oh, holy flying spaghetti monster, please forgive me, for I have sinned," she whispered under her breath as she finally grew control of her breathing. She stood there for a minute and blinked at the darkness ahead of her. That's not making my life seem any better.

@Huginn

Shiro had no idea how to react, so he didn’t do anything. His steps were calm and precise, yet quick and short. His walking carries him on the verge of the light, avoiding the lady as best he can. The world is dark and scary. At least to most people, I think it’s amazing, the colors and sounds culminating in a serene world of sensory stimulation. The boy looks at the girl, and slows down, walking right next to her and turning towards her. What was that question I’ve used a thousand times. He thinks for a moment then realizes something, maybe if I can talk to her the whole way there I can distract her. “What do you like to do for fun?” He asks, his voice soft, almost like a shy kid talking to someone of the opposite sex... oh wait... The familiar’s light keeping his face lit slightly blue. His eyes moving back and forth between the girl’s face and the familiar.

@Kirbs

The girl swallowed the lump in her throat and shrugged. “I mean, in SAO... I just hang out around floors and stuff. Nothing exciting,” she said sheepishly. “I did a lot of gaming back in he real world though,” Kirbs mumbled, looking at the distance for a few seconds before turning back to the socially awkward teenager. “Mm. What about you? You do anything exiting or something?” 

”Oh, right, right, right.” She slammed a fist down on one of her palms. “Quest rewards. You can keep the armor and crap. I’m just doing this to get it out of the way. It’s kind of dumb how long I waited to do this. I should’ve really done this quest a while ago,” she sighed, scratching her chin. Plus, my armor is already ten times better than the quest rewards, she said to herself shortly after, not wanting to seem like a snob.

@Huginn

As the town begins to come into view, the girl says something about quest rewards and the boy begins to think. Last time I did this I thought the quest rewards sucked, so I guess I’ll just take them and use them until I get better gear. His eyes shift towards her as he smiles genuinely. “Thanks.” His smile disappears, as he begins to think. “Though I’ll only need it for a little while, are you sure you don’t want it to sell to a merchant or something?” He asks, starting to get more comfortable around her. She wasn’t too loud, but she drew out a more talkative side of Shiro, and that made him feel like he was in control of the conversation. “I usually just play violin for fun. That and take walks in the dark.” He grins at the thought of playing the violin while walking through the beautifully dark fields of Aincrad. “I love the fourth floor at night. It’s never truly dark. The snow turns bluish but still reflects enough light to glisten. It’s amazingly beautiful.” While being quiet made him more at ease, she had an aura about her that made him wanna talk a bit more.

@Kirbs

She shook her hands and grinned dorkily. "No, no. I'm honestly good money wise. You can keep it. Give it to a friend, maybe." Kirbs gave him a crooked and sighed. This is good. Talking to him make her completely forget about her fear-- her very childish fear. She gaped at him in awe and gasped. "Oo, you play the violin. Holy crap, I used to have a phase where the only music I listened to was classical. None of that deceased old men music though," she made a face and continued, "but that's pretty cool. I never had time to learn an instrument... probably because I was cooped up in my room playing Mario Kart for ten hours straight," she mumbled the last sentence to herself sheepishly. "Oh, you should become a performer then, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure performers can do other stuff except for singing," she suggested, tilting her head to the side. "Ah, yes. The fourth floor," she deadpanned, remembering the last time she had gone there. Well, it didn't matter now, she had the <<Survival>> skill. "Yeah, it's pretty nice there, I guess."

@Huginn

The boy notices her reaction, thinking for a moment and begin’s speaking himself. “What’s your favorite floor?” He asks, trying to keep the conversation going. Carrying these things is exhausting, I’m never talking again after this. Of course that was an exaggeration, he was actually having fun. Despite being super anti social he had no problem talking to this girl. It wasn’t the same as talking to Mishiro, but it was definitely better than talking to Arabelle. She seems cool, but I feel like I’m annoying her. He pulls his hood further down forward, covering the majority of his head. The black hair under the black hood kind of made him look goth, but the rest of the black attire weren’t helping either. His eyes pan across the field and he looks at the girl. “Fine I’ll take the armor. Maybe I can use it for small adventures.” He smiles, like a child who just complimented someone. “Wanna go to a nearby cafe? I know a few that serve cookies, ice cream, and other sweets.” The smile had disappeared as his face turned back to the deadpan expression usually seen on his face.

@Kirbs

She stretched her arms above her and shrugged. "Some are good, some are bad. I liked going to the upper floors though. It's nice there. Floor sixteen is a pretty good vacation spot but I like wondering around this floor sometimes," she explained, fidgetting with her fingers. "I kind of live around here too," she giggled, "so it's nice to just to be able to hang out and go back home after a day and stuff," she said, a small smile making its way to her face. "What about you?" She asked, turning her head towards him. She rolled her shoulders and sighed in relief as her 'virtual' muscles relaxed as she waited for an answer. She blinked at his request and rubbed the back of her nape. "Uhm, I'm kind of busy today. Maybe later, perhaps? You can message me whenever you feel like it and I'll probably be free and all."

@Huginn

Shiro looks at the girl with red hair and nods. “I like the second floor, but that’s more for what happened on it not so much about the floor itself.” He begins to think more and opens his mouth, “Pure aesthetics wise, the fourth floor is my favorite.” His focus shifts out into the field as he looks at the plants and other foliage on the ground, not looking back to Kirbs for the remainder of the walk. “Okay.” He says frankly in response to the girl, his feet digging into the dirt as he walks. The boy was feeling the conversation winding down, so he accepted the death of it for good. Maybe he could even kill it off himself. “It’s been fun.” His emotions hidden well under a shroud of teenage angst, so when he turned to her and shot her a weak smile it probably looked funny. The boy’s familiar floated towards him as the lights of town came into view.

@Kirbs

She hummed and smiled. "Sounds like another story for another time, hm?" She gave him a sideways glance and let out a lacey sigh. "It really is nice there. I considered living there for a while before realizing that I'm not going to last there," her chest heaved with laughter as she thought about it. She bit her lip as they stopped talking and gave a silent sigh. I guess I'm not that good at conversation. She internally sweatdropped and bit her lip. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at the nonchalant player with a raised brow. "Yeah, it has." She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck and patted him reassuringly on the shoulder. "Guess I'll see you around, buddy. Finish up that quest for me and get yourself that armour," she winked, removing her hand, "and don't die on me yet, player. You still got to grow." She smiled at him one last time before walking off.

@Huginn

[OOC: sorry for the wait, been a bit busy. ;w;]