[F01] Training Your Friend

It was finally time. Finally they had released skills for our familiars who used to do battle in combat with us. Now they are more of a support but its still awesome that i can now take my long time companion and train him how to help me in combat. When accepting the quest I received a list of things I could do to train my wolf companion Dante and what abilities he can learn. 

"Hmm, Keen Senses, gives your animal companion the ability to spot weaknesses in the enemy and increase your ability to hit them" I read the list to myself as i made my way to my shop to grab Dante for some training. 

"Hey boy how are you?" i say excitedly as I open the door to my shop and he stands up to greet me. "Come on, we are gonna start doing some training so you can accompany me into the field."

I brought Dante down to the first floor and he stuck by my side the entire time. He was a very loyal member of my team. I brought him to a very nice area that I knew inside of the first floor. We walked in the door and were greeted by the arcade owner. This was not your traditional arcade with video games and quarters, instead this was a arcade where you payed money to do a certain challenge. Specifically this game was for those who wanted to learn how to throw knives so there were targets already set up for us to use. 

"Alright boy, what Im going to teach you how to do first is I'm going to teach you the parts of the body and what parts are perfect for sword strikes." I spoke to Dante making sure he understood the lesson ahead of him. He barked in what i could only imagine was understanding.

I spent the next several minutes using my sword to point out very specific places on the body that would deal the most damage and i attempted to get him to bark at the spots as i pointed at them to let me know if i was close to it or really far away from it. 1 meant close. 2 meant far away. After i figured he had a basic understanding what i had him do was i had him target them from a distance so he could remain out of combat but still help me without getting hurt. I would tap the blade to the straw dummy and i would have Dante bark at the spots to make sure he understood the previous lesson. I felt like it was working but i would only be sure once we put everything together in one final test. But we were far from over at this point.