[PP-F1] Allision <<Nature's Treasure>>

"This should be close enough, Elou." Mishiro stopped the rest of the ragtag gathering party of four. From where they stood, the gates of the first floor's Town of Beginnings were already in plain sight and a walk back to the safe zone would take less than four minutes at most. She faced the woman with unique catlike ears and an equally eccentric personality, and gave a small, formal bow. "Thank you for inviting me. I have a few more materials left to gather, so I'll be staying out here for a few more hours. I hope that's alright with you." She straightened and then shook her head. Quickly pulling up her menu, she scrolled through a few options and sent the woman a friend request. "Please focus on your quest for the time being. We can gather materials again some other time."

Turning to the two boys in the party, her dull gray gaze lingered for a moment on the elusive masked player who had refused their party request but came along to help Elou gather materials anyway. She didn't have any particular complaints. But if they had been unlucky enough to come across a hostile mob, there would have been difficulties. Mishiro turned to Huginn, halfway ready to bid goodbye to her friend and his playful little familiar should he choose to accompany Elou. "Where are the two of you headed next?"

Spoiler

@Huginn @Pinball

post order depends on who replies first.

------------------------------------------------

<<Nature's Treasure>> Bonus

• Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.
  • Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.
  • Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.
  • Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Edited by Mishiro

Shiro’s eyes dance between the girl and the masked weirdo. I don’t see why not, but still. That guy gives me the creeps... but Mishiro is actually fun to hang out with. He thinks for a moment and then opens his mouth. “I’ve got nothing better to do. I guess hanging out won’t be too bad.” He feared he may come to regret the words, but that was a problem for future Huginn. Right now he had to worry about figuring out who the masked man is. His eyes land on the orange cursor. I saw a list somewhere with some orange players on the first floor, but the odds of him being someone on that list are pretty low right? He tries to think back to the names on the list but literally doesn’t remember a single name on the list. It’s gonna be an issue if I can’t find out who he is. If he does cause trouble, I’m sure there’s nothing I could do anyways. He turns to the man who calls himself Ares. “How do you know Mishiro?” He asks, not worried about the origin of the masked stranger anymore.

The familiar dances over to Mishiro playfully. Felli seemed happy around the girl, a lot like Shiro was, but less expressive being a flame and all. The flame floats around her in an upward spiral, finally floating in the air above the girl’s shoulder, happy as can be.

@Pinball

Despite the fact he wanted to leave, Pinball - no, Ares - shouldered his backpack and followed along silently. Elou, as Mish called her, had finally released him and gone on her way, leaving them three to their own devices. Initially, he was content with saying goodbye. He was all too used to them after all, and the more he acted under a mask the worse and more exhausted he felt. When Mishiro turned to him though, his heart melted. And, against his better judgement, he found himself rooted in place. 

He couldn't leave her again. 

"Well," he began excitedly, "I've moved back my little meeting already, so I'm all open for whatever now!" He gave a sidelong look at Mishiro, rather stylishly flicking the hood of his cloak "Where are you headed~? Out into the fields?" As Ares, he intentionally acted easily excitable and a bit peculiar - but in Pinball's mind, that was the character he had to play. When had he ever been this energetic in his life? And then Huginn spoke. Straight to the point. It took a long, tense second and a slight twitch in his fingers for Ares to respond. And then he practically leapt for joy. "Who ever said anything about knowing her, silly~? I only just got here!!" 

He clapped his hands together, skipping circles around him. He seemed the type to get annoyed by that. "Now! Now! If the little lady is gathering materials, us guys should train, huh?" He slowed to a stop, throwing his arm around Huginn and flexing with his other. He leaned in close to his ear, his voice lowering an octave.

"How are you gonna protect her if you're weak [censored]?" 

And then he threw the boy aside, spinning away happily. "Let's find some boars! Wolves! Show us what you can do!!" 

Edited by Pinball
"Of course. You're always welcome to," Mishiro responded in her usual manner. The girl half-expected Ares to accompany the aspiring blacksmith back to the safe zone as a courtesy, so when he turned around and spoke to her, she was slightly taken aback. By that, and her lack of disappointment. She turned to where Elou had previously stood, only to find her figure in the distance, skipping away to the safe zone. She didn't like how they left the person who had gathered them together alone, but the eccentric woman seemed too eager with her new profession to care. Looking back at the masked player, she nodded. "I'm headed to the nearest <<Garden>>. I gave Elou most of my materials for her new shop, so I'm currently back to zero. Now then, shall we go? I visit it often, so I know it's only a few minutes walk."

She didn't convince him otherwise. She wanted him to stay. Was it wrong for her to hold an interest in the stranger who had appeared out of nowhere to comfort her?

Looking back at their last party member for the last time, she turned them around and started for the <<Garden>>. Mishiro maintained a brisk pace, though when Huginn's familiar hovered close to spin and dance around her, she slowed her gait. The little wisp eventually came to a rest on her shoulder and she could feel its warmth tickle her ear as it followed after her. She smiled to herself and gave the familiar a gentle, playful poke. 

It didn't take them long to reach their destination with Mishiro as their guide, and Ares immediately started it off with a clap of his hands. "There are a few plant-type mobs around this <<Garden>> and they have better drop rates than the normal loot minimum outside. Be careful though." She trusted Huginn could do without that warning... Ares, not so much. He seemed more like a child, chasing after whatever caught his interest with no bearing of the consequences, but going down that line of thought painted a completely different picture from the person who had spoken to her gently in the alleyway. 

It was confusing.

Mishiro nudged Felli back to its master and set to work on a clump of greens her <<Detection>> had highlighted.

Spoiler

@Huginn

Post order goes Mishiro -> Huginn -> Pinball.

<<Nature's Treasure>> Bonus in the spoiler of my first post has been updated to include mob drops. Use it as reference instead of going back-and-forth on the thread in the quest section.

ID: 114945 | LD: 16

Total: 2 T1 Mats

Edited by Mishiro

Shiro’s spear materialized out of thin air, the golden spectacle with lightning dancing around it spinning with the bottom landing on the ground between Ares and himself, “Then let’s get this done.” His familiar having floated herself back over to the boy he began scanning the area. What does he mean protect her? Why do I need to protect her? I’m no knight in shining armor. Besides, how do you know I’m a weak [censored]? His black hood hanging off the back of his head folds over itself as it turns with his head, searching for a monster they can handle. Felli floats by the masked man for a few moments, almost as if it were checking him out once again and then floating back over to the boy. Her blue flames nipped at his hands as he pushed her up to his spear. Her body breaking into six small flames and making two triangle around the blade of his weapon, spinning slowly in opposite directions, before a single flame engulfs the blade. Like cultists chanting in a circle.

@Pinball

A wide, fake grin firmly affixed itself to Pinball's face. He was really disappointed he hadn't gotten a rise out of him yet. They wouldn't see it, of course, but it felt just as fake as this little charade - so it would probably help him keep it up. He swallowed his disgust. Ares watched Huginn's familiar circle around his weapon before bursting into colorful flame. "Oh, my," came the surprised response. Surprised, because that little Will-o-Wisp seemed... 

Exactly... like... Zomekko. 

Pinball could almost feel Zomekko's jar, nestled neatly in the knapsack over his shoulders, burning holes into his back. He nearly drew Tyrfing right then and there, opting to ignite his own sword in shadowy flame and showing this Finn-knockoff exactly where his place was. But he managed to restrain himself, and keep a grip on his better judgement - Mishiro was right there. He couldn't slip up that easily. He didn't want to. He shouldn't. No, he was right the first time. He couldn't. So he merely clapped his hands together, taking a few long strides forward, spinning around to face the guy he still didn't know the name of - and didn't care to. 

"So tough, so pretty, so strong!" he swooned, admiring Huginn's familiar and his weapon and his quiet-but-deadly demeanor. "Now let's see you fight something tough~!" 

It almost sounded like a challenge. 

She frowned at the damaged leaves in her hands, previously outlined with the yellow of an obtainable material or objective in her <<Detection>>. Now, they were a dull gray and would only be registered in her inventory as vanity items. Mishiro let the bundle of leaves flutter to the ground and rose to her feet, properly dusting off the edges of Roman's white coat. A bit frustrated from her failed gathering attempt, she decided to give it a quick break and trailed after the two other players in their gathering "party." 

They were near the white picket fence that separated the <<Garden>> from the rest of Floor One's grasslands. With her <<Detection>> activated, her eyes appeared to be a bright blue but the colors she actually saw, apart from the helpful indicators it offered to her, were muted. Ares's dark cloak and Huginn's brown hair appeared black, but the two players were outlined in white and blue, respectively. In front of Huginn was a generic-looking plant mob: an oversized Venus flytrap that slithered on its roots and had large jaws that snapped open and close. Her <<Detection>> indicated it was a loot minimum mob (for the two of them in the party, anyway), and the boy made his intentions clear when Felli drifted close and ignited his spear's blade with her flame. 

She wasn't planning on fighting. But she remained at a position that was far enough so that the mob wouldn't notice her, and close enough so that she can engage immediately in case he needed the help.

A position that placed her right by the mysterious masked player's side. 

"If you're a higher level than him, I'd suggest staying out of the fight. It won't drop anything for us if you do." Mishiro addressed the easily excitable person to her right, who only seemed to be here for the fun of it. When they had arrived, he'd barely cast the rest of the <<Garden>> a second glance, instead focusing on Huginn, and didn't look for a mob to keep himself busy. Or perhaps he was just waiting for the right moment, and it wasn't now. She didn't mind having him around, but it would be a different story if he interfered with her friend.

"You didn't answer my question earlier." Mishiro deactivated <<Detection>>. She momentarily shifted her attention away from Huginn to the curious masked person at her side. The colors in her vision returned to normal and when she looked up at him, her eyes were the familiar shade of dull gray. "You talked like you understood all that was happening at a glance. Even if you were there the entire... time -" she very consciously averted her gaze as that realization settled into her once again. Only Roman and Arabelle knew. She had given a vague description of disliking the central plaza to someone other than the two, but they had never been around to actually witness one of those episodes. She was glad they weren't. It was unneeded. It was unsightly. She couldn't possibly burden them with problems of her own, once again. Yet this time, it was a complete stranger. He had seen everything. - "I never spoke about it, and you seemed to have more confidence than what a simple guess would offer as well. So how did you know?"

Spoiler

@Huginn

ID: 115184 | LD: 5

Total: 2 T1 Mats

Edited by Mishiro

The boy’s spear spun around leaving a sky blue flame behind in a comet tail-esque path. His spear glows green under the blue flame as he pointed it at the nearest plant. “Got it.” He flips his hand and pushes the spear forwards, but the boy’s hand locks up, his spear stopping a few centimeters short of the vines carrying the big stupid plant’s head. Well that’s unfortunate. I need to step it up. He pushes his black boot into the ground, moving around the flytrap looking creature. Just like the way I fought those boys on the playground. Nothing more than a prick acting bigger than he is. His eyes move back towards the boy in a mask standing next to the girl. His chest felt tight, like he was watching his dad leave for the night, his focus was grabbed by the two. Pain filled his heart as he watched her talk to the man so naturally, leaving him to fight like he wasn’t actually there. That mixed with the memory of his father leaving to a night of being shot at by people with no souls, yanked at his tear ducts, pulling open the gates and letting a few tears out. The monster’s vine swipes across horizontally, Huginn managing to jump back in time. His hand comes up and wipes his eye after he had dodged such an attack.

Spoiler

ID: 115196

LD: 4

miss

MD: 4

miss

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Flytrap: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG

@Pinball

Edited by Huginn

From beneath the indifferent stare of the kitsune mask, a satisfied smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. Why was he so satisfied with watching her friend struggle? Was it a jealous thing? Maybe he didn't like the guy Mishiro was hanging out with now, and he was secretly rooting for his replacement. But he couldn't be that replacement, he knew. Is that what Pinball wanted? To be able to talk with her casually again, like they used to? He had put an end to that a long time ago. Or did he just like watching people get hurt? 

"If you're a higher level than him, I'd suggest staying out of the fight. It won't drop anything for us if you do."

Ares turned his head to the side, regarding Mishiro with a silent stare. He hadn't noticed her next to him. Short people always got the drop on you like that. Ares nodded feverishly, clapping his hands together. This act is getting old. He was sick of it. But he went on. "Of course! I'll only step in if I'm needed to, love," he assured her. "And then, maybe I can show him some pointers~! I hang around quite a lot of strong people, don't you know!!" 

And so he turned his attention back to the fight in the not-so-distant distance, quietly observing. From the way he dodged the giant Flytrap's whip-like vines reminded him of his own fighting style. Loose and fluid, rolling with the punches; staying in the same place for too long would hurt, so they would bounce around and prioritize evasion. Pinball frowned. That pissed him off even more. He felt an irrational urge to rush in and wipe the both of them out. He knew he could.

"You didn't answer my question earlier."

Pinball froze, his casual stance beside her becoming maybe just a bit more rigid. Pinball didn't have the words to describe the feeling - but it felt like he had just been dunked in ice cold water. I shouldn't have stuck around. I should have left. I thought I told her I didn't want to see her anymore. I wanted to be left alone. Don't I? Then what am I doing? Why did I think this was a good idea? What was I thinking? I'm an idiot. Now she's going to know. She's going to know she's going to know she's going to know she's going to know. 

"So how did you know?"

How did he know? 

"Intuition's kind of a strange thing, huh~?" And then he started to walk towards Huginn, acting like he was just going to try and get a closer look at the guy's fight. God, he was shaking really bad. He kept his arms inside the folds of his cloak, trying his hardest to keep it on the down low. 

How long would it be until he couldn't run from his problems anymore? 

Hypocrite. 

• 2 weeks later...
The masked man's excessive playfulness didn't affect her outward composure. Pale blue eyes flicked back at the <<Garden>> behind them, at him - taking in his appearance for a fraction of a second longer than she should have, then back to the fight. She held her hands behind her back and her expression remained neutral. Indifferent. Clearly, what it was that had set her heart skipping beats and sparked the irrational desire to grab him, pull him close, hold him down if she must, and spill all the thoughts she had been endlessly repeating in her mind since that day to a stranger who had suddenly turned into a familiar person - had been neatly pushed to the back of her mind.

Ares was a person she had only encountered and became acquainted with by chance today.

"You did mention a person named Calrex."

Mishiro didn't question why she only heard the name 'Ares' today. There were many high-leveled players whose names were not known to those who haven't personally encountered them yet.

"I've never seen him in person. What's he like?"

Huginn and his opponent made unsuccessful passes at each other. His spear's thrust came just a few centimeters short of its target, and the boy pushed himself back to evade the flytrap's swinging vine. His movements were smooth, fluid - altogether a decent fighter - though he made the common mistake of overestimating the reach of his weapon. 

"It really is." It felt... unsatisfactory. Incomplete. It left her feeling a bit dismayed. Was that all there was to it? Regardless, there was no point in pushing for a different answer when he had already given her his. She couldn't change facts all for her own satisfaction.

When Ares started walking towards the fight though, the girl instinctively reached out and held him back, holding at the edge of his sleeve before he could hide his hands in the folds of his cloak. 

"Hold it."

Mishiro wasn't directly holding his hand, but either way, it was easy to notice - her armored hand was unusually cold. She dared to take a few more steps forward herself, but she pulled him back and away from Huginn and his opponent.

"Huginn doesn't have any Hate yet. I'd suggest staying at this distance so he can move around without having to worry about the mob straying too close and shifting its focus onto you. This should be close enough to watch."

Mishiro knew why she did it. She wanted to make sure he wouldn't move until he understood what she was saying. When she lifted the hand that was still holding onto his sleeve, she didn't let go immediately. The cloth pulled up to reveal a string tied around his wrist.

A small, crystallized sword dangling from a string.

The girl stilled. Her breath caught in her throat.

--She could vividly remember the sunlight glinting off the blue crystal when she had taken a closer look at it. She could vividly remember that its wearer had very curiously fallen asleep at one of Cafe Myosotis's tables even after he had just finished drinking a cup of free coffee... and stayed there, unbothered, past the shop's closing hours.

Mishiro let go of Ares's sleeve and offered no further comment. She shifted her focus back to watching the fight.

How could a complete stranger have known so easily? - Those gentle words back at the alley. That sincere invocation. That unsatisfactory answer to her question. He kept his face behind a mask. He stayed with seemingly no good reason to, and he refused to accept her party request. For a player without Untraceable, she and Huginn would have seen his name. And now - the same bracelet.

It was most likely a common design. 

Ares was a person she had only encountered and became acquainted with by chance today.

Spoiler

ID: 116222 | LD: 9

Edited by Mishiro

Shiro’s spear begins to glow once more a green tint. The spear spins a little as his body does, but not in tandem, the spear spins much faster than the boys and eventually, the blade comes spinning upwards diagonally, the monster moving out of its way before his spear gets to it. Huginn’s eyes stay on it as its vines begin to move, they seem to be being pulled out so Huginn jumped up and to the right, getting a bit worried about doing this so often. If I jump to much I’ll end up over by th- 

His mind goes blank as he sees her reaching out and their arms connecting. Are they holding hands? If his heart had sunken any lower it’d be on the ground, Her hand was obviously very close to his. His eyes just stare at the connection and his heart hangs out in his stomach, having almost stopped. Suddenly her hand comes up revealing a blue gleam and Huginn turns around, not worried about anything else but the monster anymore. He legs spread out, his eyes narrow and his spear across his back being held by both hands. It was an uncommon pose, but he knew what he was doing enough to get to where the system would take over. His heart had gone cold for now. I have no reason to he here. I should just leave. Why am I still here? Fine, once this monster’s dead I’m out. This is obviously a moment for them. His body remained perfectly still, his mind trapped in thought.

Spoiler

ID: 116223

BD: 2

miss

MD: 2

miss

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 5/8 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Flytrap: 40/40 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Huginn
  • 2 weeks later...

"Calrex? Oh. He's blue!" 

Pinball had only seen the living legend briefly, during boss raids. He'd never actually talked to him. Not even once. Now that he thought about it, Pinball had never even been to a raid meeting. All of these powerful, renown people, flouncing fancy titles and bloated stats, acting like they knew what they were talking about when they were really just as lost as everyone else. Pinball had looked up to them once. He saw joining their ranks as the ultimatum; it was, really, the goal for everyone who really cared. New players flocked to them like fifty-year-old men to pot at an LCD Soundsytsem concert. Pinball had wanted to be one of those legends, helping others escape Aincrad with overwhelming might. 

He felt his stomach turn. It made him sick. 

"Very blue! In a couple of ways, actually!" 

He didn't expand on that. 

But she grabbed his arm, and Pinball was angry, and then nervous, and then horrified, and then sad, and then he pulled his arm away and he looked away and he held his hand to his chest and watched Mishiro with the steady, indifferent stare of a masked man. Had she seen? Does she know? She looked shocked. Was she shocked? Did she believe it was the real thing? Was the gig up? Was she scared? Did she want him to stay? To leave? 

He didn't react after that. Pinball let his hands fall loose at his sides, beneath the folds of his cloak and he watched Huginn mindlessly. Or maybe he was studying the way he fought (if you could call it that). How he moved or tried to move (like a frontliner). Maybe he was taking mental notes and reminding himself to write it down in the journal in the bag (he wouldn't forget). Maybe he didn't want to be here anymore. Maybe he did. 

Maybe he was watching and learning and studying for future reference. 

Edited by Pinball
Mishiro pulled her hand to her chest and though it appeared she was looking straight ahead, her focus was on the masked man at the corner of her eye. He was looking at her. He was silent. Where were his playful comments? His flamboyant gestures and boundless energy? She hadn't known him for long, but she had the feeling it was the natural thing for Ares to do. Her unease grew with every passing moment.  Mishiro took a small step away from the man and briefly distracted herself with a quick, unsuccessful sweep for nearby materials. She tugged at the edges of Roman's coat, pulling it tighter around her form. Why did he have to be quiet now? Why was he staring at her? She knew she had to say something.

But what was she going to say? Her mind was whirling. Perhaps she was being too self-conscious. Perhaps she guessed right the first time. Or perhaps she just didn't know Ares all that well. Mishiro knew what she would normally do: ask. Ask, like it was any other question. 

'Who are you?'

But she didn't know what she would do after she heard his answer. 

She wanted him to be Ares. She wanted him to be Pinball. She didn't want him to be Ares. She didn't want him to be Pinball.

She wanted the source of this entire problem gone. But she knew, in the end, she would be asking him to stay.

i̸̳̻̎̐͠ḏ̸̹͋̓͜o̶̖̓̈̎n̶̙̖̾̽̕'̷̥̀ṭ̵̪̆͑k̸̡͇̕n̶͚͆̀o̴̔͛̅ͅw̴͈̟̞̅̓̋i̵̟̫̼̓̀̄t̵͍̰̓̏͌'̸̛͔̌̇s̷͊̎͜y̶̤̘͒́̂o̶̡͛͜͝ͅų̷̛̫̌̇i̵̧͖̊k̴͖̈́̌̅n̶̤̹̊̕o̴͈̟̗̊ẉ̶̍̎i̶̹͑ẗ̸̨́̋͝'̴͎̉͝s̷̼̣̋͜y̴̧͕̌̓̄ͅo̶̺̗̾͗̈́û̷̬̰̣͛n̵͎̽̇̃ŏ̸̡̮̔ó̵̲͖͂́n̵̬̣̥̆́̕e̶̡̲͎͋̈͗ė̸͓̚l̷̘̱̃̒͋s̷̥͚̑̾̕e̸͔͝m̷͖̏̽͌a̴̛̪̓̓k̶̯͍͠è̸̥̀̓s̴̰͕̓̃̀m̶̨͚͑ͅe̴̻̺͔͝͝f̷͇͌͜e̵̤͑e̵̞̣̱̎̆̍l̴̮̠̖̏t̷̡̩͍͐̕h̸̘̦̬̆̊ḭ̶̇̓̐s̷̞̦̒ẅ̵̗́̏a̶͔̅y̵̗̏̽͛b̷̯̪̩͘ų̴̫̪͆̆͝t̷̨̼͔̃̈́́m̷͚̮̺̐͗a̸̧̤̪͆y̶̜̺͠͝b̸̢̝̞̀̍e̸͇̊̇̌i̷̘̬͂t̵̮͌̀͠i̸̡͒s̸̜̥̎̑n̷̤͔̑ͅ'̸̹̬̻̔͑̔ẗ̴̟̖͈́̐̈́y̷͎͘o̷͙̭̩̅ù̵̮̳̔ã̸͇̗̙n̴͎͓̒d̴̥̝̘͊ȧ̸̟͙͒ŕ̸̟̲͆a̵̩͒͛͛b̴͕̠̮̀̿ȅ̸̟͍̬̿͠l̸͎̤͙͊͘l̵̲̐͜ë̸̱̪́̚w̵͆͜ͅã̷̗͕s̸̨͚͋͝ͅr̶̛̯̐͌i̸̯̫͑̂g̵̨̞̉͛͋͜ḧ̷̨̚͘t̴̨̾̅͂w̶̞̋̉h̷͓̩̞͊é̶͇͈́̚n̴̬̣͝s̸̥͐h̵̻̳͂̍͌e̸͇͆ş̸͔̙̀̀a̸͓͈͠i̸̯͈̰͋d̷̑̔ͅį̴̨̈́t̵͉͌̚d̶̛̥͑̑ŗ̴̮̻͂ḯ̶̮v̴̳̹̎e̷̢͕͈͐̕͠s̶̢̻̎̊p̵̯̥͐ͅȩ̸̫̮̈́̓̇ō̶̦̝̟̈́͆p̵̱̽l̵̨̪͇̓̾é̵̫̭͑͝m̶̖̏̀̕á̵͇͎͍̋̍ḋ̸͚̀ͅả̷͙̱͍̈́͠ń̷̺̼̕d̸̙̠͇͂a̶̡̯̽ǹ̴̢̙̘̋̚į̵͓́k̴̜̫̆͝͝i̵̝͇͎͒ẁ̶͇͠ã̴̠̭́s̷͙̺͆r̶͉͎̂͛̇ī̷̢͌g̷͖̈́ḧ̶̟̻̆̎͜ț̸̋͜͝w̷̯̭͐h̴̟̥̄̊e̴͓̭͗͗n̴̼̎h̴̗̀e̸̮͇͛̀ş̷̖͗a̵̞͓̳̍͠i̵̩̬̖̓͒̕d̴̨͊̇p̸̘̎͘͜ẹ̸͒o̶̗̩͂̃̍p̵̭̜̩̆l̶̜̣̭͐̽̿e̷̲̻̎ͅc̴̝͉͖̆h̴͊͜a̴̳̾̅͊n̴̞͌̇g̸̣̓̓e̴͎̰̤͋̇̈i̸̼̓̊͑t̷̛̬̔́w̵̮̬̬͗̒a̴̬̹̅̽͘s̷̱͖̃b̷̻͚̌̉é̷̝̤̯s̷̮͈̥̎͗͝ṱ̸̄̇͐t̶͚̦̜͑̏õ̷̫̂͂l̴̝̻̎͌̊e̸̡̜͇̅̕t̵̘̟̋g̵͓̀̓̾ò̸̬̕a̶̙͍̽̀ņ̶̱͆ḑ̸̧̆̏͝m̵̲̽ō̷̦̅̈v̴̯͍̑̋͝é̶̙͍͂o̸̼͚͐͒͜n̵̗̘̒b̸̟̩͛ǘ̷̜t̶̩͋i̴̖͓̫͆d̷̙͍͑̇̀o̴̥̍̌̚n̵̜͍̚'̸̛̗t̶͚͚̋ẘ̷̜͔̕͝ȁ̸̪n̷̘̎̔t̶̝̍͋t̷̡͔͂͆̍ͅo̸̪̾̿i̴̢̞̽̓w̷̧̬̭̐̋a̶̧̰̋n̸͚̟̿͑͝t̴̪̀̅t̵̜́ǫ̵̲̞͝a̷̦̱̓s̶̠̆́k̷̝̈ǐ̷̲̕͝ẇ̶̜̲̽̕ã̴̡̡̀͆n̶̡̰͊̂͑ṫ̷͔̉͋t̵̢͈͕̉o̷͈̕a̸̠̐̇̓s̸̗̭̉k̶̼̲̂̕i̸̧͂ẃ̴̮̱ä̷̘̰ṇ̸͌͋t̷̨̗̄̿̎t̸̥̆̈́ǫ̵͕̅̾k̸̳̒̀n̶̘̠̠͐̿o̶̱̖͗w̶̡͖̫̓̈̋b̶̞̽͝ͅu̴̝͎̔̑t̸̬̥̉ĭ̸͖w̶̰͘ő̴͔ǘ̷͇l̷̺͂d̴͙͇́ǹ̷̮͝'̸̧͚̌̇ṭ̸͋k̷̭̩͆̎ň̷̳̩͕o̴͚̍̅w̵̠̪̲̓̋̃ẅ̷̨́͠ḧ̴̢̰͓́́̕a̸̫̰͔̓̒t̵̯͑̀t̴̬̥̫̿͗̏ö̸̞́̒ṡ̷̼͇̚ȁ̸̭͕̕y̴͍̅̈́w̶͙̩̓̐͝ő̴̡̱͕̈́u̷̥̞̿͌l̸͎̮̒́̊d̷̰͖̈̐y̵̜̫̹̿̅ơ̶̝̋̽͜ũ̵͚̱̹͐ḷ̷́́e̵̘͆̑ȃ̷̡̺͛ͅv̴̱̥̈́̃ë̷͚̲͖́̎͠a̵̻̒ģ̶̛͍͛̀ã̷̧̦̪̕̕ị̶̣̣́͠͠n̸̛̜̑ì̷̻͎̐̆d̷̟̟̈́o̸͕̓̾͑ṉ̷̡̨̛̔'̵͉͕̗̿t̷̗͌͐̓ŵ̵̮̏a̵͖̤̍̃n̴̼͍̠͒t̷͓̘̎ͅy̵͔̜͒̇o̴͇͙̤̍̃u̷̥͖͚̔͝t̵̛̛̻̠ō̷̳͊ĺ̵̻̮e̴̯͎̱͊̉ȁ̸͎v̵̘̆ę̶̹̞̆ẃ̶̜͂͘h̵̰͋̚y̴͍̞͈̅d̵͖̯̅i̸̠͛͒d̴͔͍̾͠ỳ̸̟̜̣ỏ̶̜͋͆u̷̮͎͑̒̊a̵̜̾s̷͙̋͝ḱ̵̦̆m̴͉͈͛͌ͅe̸͚̯̊̽̚ẗ̷̹̹́ò̸̼̉̆l̵̗͉̾̃͛e̷̦̊͘a̶͖̲͉̔͛v̷͙̪̈́̿ę̵̙̀̈̉ȉ̶̻͂ņ̴̥̙́͋̃ṫ̵̻̔̐ḩ̶̜̈́̈̈ȅ̴̻f̶̪͎̓͘͝i̴̬̒͘r̷̦̰͚̓̑̃ş̷̛͈̒t̸̮͌p̷̢͎̰̉͆ḷ̷̎̇a̶͔̥͆͘c̵̘̔ȇ̴͔͇i̵̲̱͋̒ͅf̸̖̕y̶͈̙̐̕͝o̷̼̓̈͊ȕ̸͈̊r̸̙͍̦͛e̷̪̓̐͋a̸̡̝̩̾̕͝l̸̲̯̤̿l̸̠̯̦͐̏y̵͖͛ẃ̸̞̣̠͂͌a̸̳͑̆͗ñ̶͓͍t̶͈͈͉̓e̴̠͛d̶̰̎̓̈́m̸̫̃͘e̶̲̮̕̕g̴̙͆͑̐o̷̜̩̕n̵̛̖̥̲̂̏ë̵̙̥͖́̒̓w̵̢̺͓̐͠h̵̢͍̍̌y̵̹̿̑̀a̴͖̪͈͐̀r̸̪̉è̵̡̡̖́ÿ̴̗͓͓̏o̴̦̤͛̈́̅͜u̷̧͛̏̽s̴̨̜͒́t̷̢̠͉͛͋ï̷̞͚̈́̀l̴̮̟̂̆͘l̴̜̫̟̎̔ĥ̵̢̫̀͝ë̶̺̠͔̄̚r̷̹̹̓ͅe̷̘͙̒̌w̴̥̃̄͝h̴̥̙̩̀y̶̡̲͔̓͑͐ď̶̨i̴̞̘̦͒d̴̜͚͒̇̓y̷̼͔̋o̴̡̥̺̎u̷̜͋͆ẗ̶̩́̕͝ḁ̵̘͐ͅl̴̞̑̏ḱ̷̤͝t̵̢̼̠́̀̍õ̸̫̪̚͜ṃ̴͍͇̋̊e̷̠̔y̴̠͑ò̷̧u̷͖̅̚c̴͚̍̐͝o̶̢̊̽͠ứ̴̭̦͊l̸̜̭̻̂͝d̸̟͉̤̾͝'̷̣͔̋̑v̷̱̀͐ͅe̵͖̥͗̕s̴͎̎͂ẗ̸̖̫́̈́ͅa̷͔̲̍̀̉͜y̵̤͆e̵͇̓ḍ̴̈́̍ȃ̵͔͓̐w̷̡̥̉͝ȧ̷̺̭̆͝ÿ̶̺̹́y̷̛̗̠̬̿̌o̴̡͓̿u̴̜͋'̵̢̜̅̈́r̶̟̍͠ë̵͇̺́̄̈́c̸̫̀͜͠o̵͓̥̞̾ņ̷̳͂f̶̣̲̋͌̒ŭ̶͙̫͝s̶̜͋͜͝ͅi̵̼̚͠ñ̸̠͉̓ġ̵̫͘m̷̤͓̋e̴̮̲̿i̷̼͑͒͝d̶̝̆̉o̴̠̔ñ̵͕̘̥͝'̶͕̣̓́t̷̛̘͋̏k̵͖͎̏̓ņ̶̙̹͗͘͠o̷̯̞̒w̸̧̬͂͊͜ḧ̵͙̇̀o̷̢͗̄̇w̷̗̰̒̋y̵͚̪̙̾͌̇ǒ̸̰̝̮ȕ̴̯̪'̷̜͖̱̑ḑ̴̜̍͘͠r̴̘̓͛e̴̺̞̙͊a̴̢̬͝č̵̛̯͇t̴̞͆̈́̍ͅi̸̺̯̦̎t̵̲͆̅'̶̛͙̖͓̅̎s̸̟̘̆s̵̨͇͓͛̉c̷̛̫̝͗a̵̢̠̚r̶̨̡̬̆͝ỳ̸̧͇͘i̵̦͌̇̕'̸̨̢̻͗͊m̶̻͍̲̈́̆͝s̶͕̖̙͛͘ć̴̦̝͎ȃ̸̻͖̳͠͝ŕ̵̭ê̴͚̫̹̂d̵̢̯̙͆̏̓í̸͙̥̣́'̴̟̥̕m̵̢̦̘̈́̄s̷͖͉̏c̶̯͆̈͌ȁ̸̦̺̉r̵̯̔̿͘e̸̞͉͇̊d̴̩̮̱̾̈́į̸̘̳̀͐'̸̲̑m̶̮̓̋̃s̷̨̱̒́̒c̴̻̻͚̀́a̴͖̮̘͂ȑ̴͕̾ͅe̷̙̻̅͊d̸̻͎̺̄͑ỉ̶̢̠̕d̷̘͚͛̄̈́o̴̘͛̿̈́n̷̟̓͝'̵̭̩̗̊̅ţ̸̈́́͜ͅw̴͚̗̄̈́͝a̴̘̳͗ͅn̴̥̝̩̕͘t̷̹̃̃̌y̴̡̼͂̽ͅo̶̝͗͑ṵ̴̋͑t̷̩͋̂̒o̶͓̦͛͋̽l̷̯̻̃͌e̴̪̥̟̊̎̕a̵͖͈͛͜v̶̲͔͍͒̿̈ë̵̲̏͘a̴̱̝͘ġ̴̲̆a̷̯̩̗̓̽i̸̠̍̉̎ñ̸͉̀͂ḭ̸͉͊̅d̵͓̾̕o̵̡̲͔͛̈́͘ṅ̴̢͘ͅ'̶̱̯̦͑̊t̵̮̆͗͘w̷͙͋̓a̴̜̒n̸̰͉͗͠t̴͇͇͉̂̂y̴͎̾o̶͚̖̐ṷ̷̧̀t̶̕͜ȏ̵͈̏ġ̵̤͝͝ę̷̈t̸̜͐̑͝m̷͔̈́̃̅ả̵͕̲̟d̷͎̐̀̂ȃ̵̢̭͍̑t̸̞͍̑ͅm̴̖̎̅ę̶̟̪͛̃i̵̙͈̓̆d̵̝͉͊͒͝o̶̬̩͌͠n̷͖̟̹͆'̵̠̈̒͠t̸̡̩̆w̸͖̼̘̚a̶̹͗͂͝ͅͅń̶̛̙͛t̴̮̜̓̎̓y̸̢͊͘ǫ̸̻̌̄͜ủ̷̙̤t̸̹̺͛̒͐͜o̷̺̍r̶̘̯̠̀e̴̬̺̅j̵̟̓͒͝ē̷̹̻͂̃ċ̶͍͊ţ̸͉͙̄m̵̭̿e̶͈̾̀̄ǒ̷̧̿͘ŕ̷̩m̶͖̎̑̒ͅa̷͎̒y̵̱͉͊b̸̳͈́ę̴͉̘̃̈ȉ̸̪̱ͅs̷͖̝͋̽h̸͖͖̥̒̍͝o̷̜̤̍̃ȗ̵͕̹̇l̴̺̻̉͐͗ḍ̷̻̗̏n̵͖͍̘͑͆̈́'̸̙͌̌͗ť̴̬̿̌b̶̮̗͉̓̈́ê̴̞̣c̷̨̀̃̓h̷̹̥̏ͅä̶͕́s̵̫̟̃̕i̸̦͓̗̿̀̅n̶͉͠g̸̩̿à̸͍̺͇̓͘f̶̯̋̕ẗ̸̢́͛́ę̵̛̝̪̈r̷͖̤̖͌ẏ̵̮̆͝o̸̩͕̓̒ŭ̷̥̀̋m̴̥̘̝̀ȃ̷̢̛͘y̸̰̤̞̽̆b̶͔͇̩͐͛e̴̗̺̹͛͊ẏ̵͎̖͎́̓ò̴̲͋̂u̵̡͈̚ń̵̦̱́̎e̶͙͘v̸̧̩͗ě̷̝̗͓ř̴̝͎̞̉w̶̥̤̦̔̅å̴̼̕͜͝n̴̫͙̭̎̒ť̷͉̅̂e̶̡̛͇͎̿d̸̩̈́͆̈m̶̖̦̞͌̕ẹ̶͙̾ǎ̸̱̥̹r̴̰̯̅ő̶̲̖͇̽ư̸͉̝̗͆n̸̝̔́̔͜d̴̡͕͚̍̔͝i̷̮̬͛̓n̸̙̬̒͊t̵̡̻̬͋h̸̖͒͐ȩ̴̈̂͜f̷̧̜̯̂̈́i̷̤̔r̵̤͎̈s̴͔̬̃̈́t̴͕͍̲͊p̴͕̪͋͐ḻ̶̋͆ã̵ͅc̴̺͔̻̎̈́̃e̴̛̜͋̀t̶̺̾̓̚h̸̨̭̑̌̆e̵̡̠̤̋̃̃y̴̩̝̳͋͝ẅ̷̱̤̲́́ȅ̵͔r̴̙̓̀e̸͕̍̓ͅā̴̲͈̋l̸̰͓̱̊̈́͆l̷̩̲̂̂r̵͕̬̮̀̆î̷͙͇̒̔g̸͇͙̝̀́h̶͈̱͆t̸̢̯̣͑m̵̟̻̲̓͝a̷͇̻̐̔̃y̸̜̦͘ḃ̴̜ě̷̞̫į̶̭̥͆s̶͇͉̅͝h̵̜̻̤́o̵̰̻͆͂͗ụ̸̌l̸̪̲̒́̀ď̵̼̋̈́s̶͖̠̍t̸̡͓͎͌͛̎ȯ̵͉͈̺p̸͉͓̾̀͋͜å̴̔͝ͅn̷̡͋͠d̸̪̭͕͒͛f̷̫͋i̵̫̙͐́̀n̶̰͚̝̊̅͒d̶̫͆́̂s̶̜͉͎̒͗̋ő̵̢̙m̸͗̂͜͠ė̸̡͇̓ò̷̺̠̲n̴͎̥͍̂͝ế̵͇ͅẻ̶̘̐̚l̶̡̟͉̅̇s̷̝̾͜ě̵̫t̶̨͉̗̅̒͝õ̸̫̞ľ̷̡̚͠o̴̠͎̺̐d̷̛͙̖̫̈ḧ̴̝́̓̈g̵̞͉͐͌k̵̹͓̰̀l̸̬͂͝ḧ̵̯̹̼s̴̍͑͜k̸͚̀ͅl̴̫̭̗̄ä̴̡̤̰́̌h̸̼̣̗͑̏͘g̶͇͂̃k̵̛̯̑l̵̫͎̏̈́̐͜h̴̦̄͝g̴̯͓̅̏̋k̶̡͐̊̐l̶̝̲̃̈́f̸̲̮͑̒k̸̺͍͐l̵̹̿̀͘ͅs̴̰̓̅͝à̵̙̬̰̀̕h̷̙̮͌͜l̷̪̂

"I respect people's privacy. Whether or not Ares reveals himself would be at his own volition and not at my insistence."

Y̵̞͂o̷͙͋u̵͕͛'̵͉̄ŕ̴̨é̷ͅ ̴̯̚t̸̖̊ō̴̤o̸͂ͅ ̵̼̑a̴̛̗f̴̥̊r̴̗͝a̸̮͝i̶̜̊ḏ̷̄ ̵͕̋t̸́ͅọ̴̉ ̷̹́ď̷̻ẻ̶̻ç̶̓ĩ̵͇d̶̦̒e̸̻͐,̴͍̃ ̶͍̋s̸͎͝ỏ̵̟ ̴̙̍y̷̲͝o̶̰͛u̸̼̔'̵͎͌r̷͓͆é̸͓ ̸̧̂l̷̻̍e̸͖̿a̶̘͘v̵̬̊í̴̲n̸͉̈́g̶̞̊ ̴̰͑i̶͈͆ẗ̵̠ ̴̢̃a̸̞̎l̷͎̾ļ̸̉ ̴̢̈u̸̞͘p̵̳͝ ̵̤̏t̷̗͠ŏ̷͕ ̶̯́h̷̙́i̴̠̒m̴̘̚?̴̛͓ ̵̨̐P̵͓̓a̵̲͐ṯ̸̓h̷͚̃ĕ̶͚t̷͑ͅi̶͈̋c̷̞͂.̷͎̄ ̶̑ͅH̶̦̓o̷̧͛w̷͗ͅ ̵̢̉p̵̝̌a̵̞͆t̵̜̎h̸̩̀e̴̫̍t̸̗̅ĭ̷͜c̵̦͌.̷͔̽ ̸̠̀B̴̫̍ǔ̶̠t̵͓̃ ̷͈͝t̵̙̑h̵̬̋e̷̦̿n̶͚̈́ ̵̱̎ả̸̰g̷͚̎ã̵͎í̵̺n̵̛̠,̴͙͂ ̸̲̚i̴̮̾s̷͇͂ṉ̵̛'̴͔͑t̸͓͘ ̸̥̈́ṱ̴̈́h̶̡̚á̶̳t̶̺̏ ̸̤́w̷̨͐h̸̢͑a̴̛̼t̶̪͛ ̸̢̋y̶̩͘õ̷̤u̸̟̿ ̸̨̃a̴̗̕ḷ̶͌w̵̦̅ạ̶̀ỵ̷̋s̵̻̄ ̶̯́ḏ̶̓o̶̦̚?̴͇͠

Mishiro watched Huginn and the plant mob's exchange of blows - or, rather, lack of. The boy was agile enough to keep out of the flytrap's reach, but he seemed to be attempting a movement set that was too complicated for someone at his level. The system assist was always helpful, but players also needed to think of their starting point, their reach, their end point, and how they would transition to their next actions. Combat required a level of strategy and anticipation of both your and your opponent's next moves. She carefully filed that piece of advice away in her mind so she could give it to him later.

When the silence between them had finally stretched too long, the girl looked back up at Ares and gave a long-delayed response. "That was sudden. I'm sorry."

Spoiler

ID: 117138 | LD: 6

Edited by Mishiro
  • 2 weeks later...

Shiro was getting annoyed, this fight was taking quite a while and a lot of energy out of him. His spear spun around and gained momentum, and the boy begins to push himself. The heavy spear begins spinning faster, and faster and faster, until it looked like a solid gold disk with lightning dancing on it. The anger in his eyes was misplaced, he had no hatred for this creature in front of him, no disdain. Hell, most would say he was impartial. The only reason he wanted to kill this thing was to practice using his weapon.

While the golden spear spins, the boys arm shifts, moving in front of him so the head of the spear moves across the front of the Flytrap, the lightning and blue fire moving into the wounds and stopping the monster in its tracks. Why am I so angry? What is going on? It’s not like she’s mine or anything, not by any definition of the word. Some wouldn’t even call us friends. She’s a means to an end, helping me find my sister. His frustration seemed to follow the same path as the lightning, seeking refuge in his weapon and escaping into the monster. “Holy crap, Felli. Way to go helling me out there.” He says, looking at the monster’s HP dropping a decent amount.

The small blue flame detaches itself from the weapon, floating down next to Shiro’s ear and hovering there. What are you doing Felli? Its blue glow quarrels with the black of his jacket, his hood hiding his face from the other players. “Get back on my spear Felli.” His command seems more like a request however, as he cares to much for his familiar to get mad at her for being herself. After all, she was distracting him from the pain he had felt after watching the two. Some of him wanted to leave this fight, some of him wanted to kill Ares. Horrified at the thought, he gripped his spear and Felli dropped back onto the head.

Spoiler

ID: 117826

BD: 9 (Crit, paralyze Procs)

6 + 1 = 7 * 2 = 14

40 - 14 = 26 HP

MD: 3 (Paralyzed)

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 4/8 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Flytrap: 26/40 HP | 12 DMG [Paralyzed 1/1]

@Pinball

Edited by Huginn
  • 2 weeks later...

It'sokayit'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokayt'sokayit'sokay

It's okay

It should have brought him some sort of relief. Well, it didn't. Pinball feigned stoicism, like he did every day now. The mask made things easier. For the both of them, probably. "It's quite alright," he replied. You could almost hear the polite smile in his voice. It was fake. The smile of a murderer. 

A murderer! That's what he was. A murderer. And he'd either die in this game, or make it back to the real world and spend the rest of his life behind bars or strapped in a chair. He wanted to make amends but he had ended his own life when he took another's. 

And it's not like he was going to stop there, was he! No, because Sugutsuya hadn't been the only one to blame for her deathdeathdeathdeathdeathdeath. Dead and dying, cut their mouths off and seperate their limbs from their torsos. He had to make them pay. He had to take away from them what they had taken from him. He wouldn't stop. He wouldn't eat and he wouldn't sleep and he wouldn't stop  until he found out who that name soiling the pages of his notebook belonged to. Then he'd return the favor. Then he could sleep and he could go home and never wake up again. Then he'd find peace. Finally, peace. Cold and alone and sleeping and the nightmares would stop and he could be happy and then everything would go back to the way it was because he could finally fix everything that was broken and be happy and feel like he was wanted and loved and mattered again. 

But the silence was deafening. 

"You know, I don't mean to flex, but I've fought with every type of weapon before," he told Mishiro, before then calling out to Huginn, "keep your distance, stop getting so close! You're not fighting with a sword, you've got reach for a reason! Don't be afraid to dance around it! Speed is key." 

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

When he spoke again, she latched onto it. Onto his words. Onto the potentialities of the subject he brought up. It was better than the heavy silence, and it gave her something simpler to mull over. Mishiro pushed her concerns of the masked man's identity to the back of her mind where they rightfully belonged and gave a disbelieving hum.

"Is that so? People who say that often intend the exact opposite. If your words were sincere, that statement would have been better said without that phrase. It's likely that no one would notice a thing since you never brought their attention to it," the girl casually remarked. If he looked over now (likely), he would have seen a faint teasing smile on her lips that was more friendly than condescending - hinting at the true intentions behind her comment. "How did you fare with martial arts?"

Mishiro watched him from the corner of her eye as he gave out advice. Huginn and Felli's blue outlines, clashing against the Venus flytrap's orange in strong contrast to the muted background. 

"Were you watching?" That question, she could ask him without any reservations, at least. Mishiro tucked a gauntleted hand into Roman's coat pocket and turned to Ares. "I'm not very experienced with a spear, but I could at least tell he missed his initial attacks because he was keeping his distance. It's a common mistake among fighters. They have a long weapon, they think they can reach far enough with its length. So in a sense, he's already doing what you told him to do, but a bit too much."

There was only so much he could garner from her lack of expression. Disappointment might be one of them. She turned, just in time to witness Huginn land his first hit against the flytrap, taking a great deal of HP and paralyzing it. Mishiro suspected he might heed Ares's advice and revert back to his mistakes from earlier. The mob wasn't moving for a while. He had time to listen, time to adapt. Pausing to think for a moment, she called out, "Keep a reasonable distance. Not too close, not too far! Remember your failed attacks from earlier and learn from it! Don't overcomplicate your maneuvers, and keep your movements direct and simple. You need time to get used to combat, and you aren't doing yourself any better for rushing it along!"

"...that was advice for a beginner. He looks like one," Mishiro quickly explained to the boy beside her. Satisfied with her input, she turned and walked a short distance away to pull up a patch of greens her vision had highlighted earlier.

Spoiler

ID: 118126 | LD: 16

Total: 4 T1 Mats

@Huginn

Edited by Mishiro

Huginn smiles as Felli floats back onto his spear and the blade glows green. It starts to twirl quickly around his body and the but of the spear hits the ground as he lifts his feet off of it. The momentum manages to push him up and forward, and his spear spins once more before chopping a piece of the monster off. The motion would appear smooth from a distance, but Huginn had fought the system, and as such he sloppily lopped off a tiny vine and didn’t even notice he had paralyzed it again.

Mishiro’s words carry over and fill his mind. He was getting annoyed by everyone acting like they know how to fight better than him. Everyone fights differently. That’s what I hate about the system. That’s what I hate about people who think a simple ‘you’re doing it wrong’ is a form of commentary. Felli floats off of his spear and over towards Mishiro. She dances around, and Huginn smiles at the feisty familiar getting along with his favorite person (although he still wouldn’t admit it to anyone but that purple haired weirdo) around.

”Okay Felli, you can go hang with your friend.” He smiles softly at the two, and grips his spear, flipping it up into a battle ready stance once more.

Spoiler

ID: 118127

BD: 10 (+2 DMG, Paralyze procs)

6 + 2 = 8 * 2 = 16

26 - 16 = 10

MD: 8 (paralyzed)

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 3/8 EN | 6 DMG | 1 Para

Flytrap: 10/40 HP | 12 DMG [Paralyzed 1/1]

@Pinball

Edited by Huginn

"But it's true! Can't you tell by just looking at these guns?" He flexed a skinny arm to demonstrate - the one that didn't have the bracelet. 

At least she wasn't pressing him anymore. But that anxious feeling in the pit of his stomach lingered, and he was possessed by the nearly irresistable urge to leave. Leave her behind like he told himself he was going to so many times before all this. Leave behind any bizarre fantasies he might have about redeeming himself, and living alone until he died, they all died, or the game was cleared. He didn't belong in the lives of anyone anymore, but why did he constantly find himself gravitating towards the people he had hurt and sworn to cut ties with? 

When she called him out for his bad advice, he felt an unusual swell of emotion. That was Mishiro for you - as blunt and factual as ever. But it was familiar, and that familiarity was comforting, though he'd never admit it. "Sorry," came the sheepish apology, and with it, a softer tone. "I've got this weird fighting style, I guess." 

Pinball - no, Ares - was quick to correct himself. 

"After fighting with so many weapons, you pick up some weird habits~!" 

He wasn't letting that one go. He crossed his arms behind his back, and turned his head to watch Mishiro gather materials. 

Edited by Pinball

Mishiro almost smiled. 

"Was that supposed to be impressive?" she lightly teased. The girl dismissed her gathered materials to her inventory and turned back to the masked man. Where she would have ended a conversation, she had decided to play along. It was harmless fun and part of her was, admittedly, glad for the company on a gathering trip usually spent alone. "Why every weapon in the game though? Most players would just aim to learn one or two."

Dusting off the edges of Roman's coat as she stood, Mishiro briefly reactivated her <<Detection>>. She cast a quick glance at the other member of her party - still fighting, but now the flytrap was at a fourth of its HP - and she figured he wouldn't need any assistance. It was only when she had walked a slight distance away to pick leaves from a rosemary, did she take notice of the little blue flame that had followed her.

"Felli, shouldn't you be helping Huginn?" She made a small shooing gesture with a gauntleted hand. The movement unintentionally fanned a puff of cold air at the familiar, which it quickly took to the side to avoid. Still, Felli continued dancing happily around her, leaving trails of light as it moved. Mishiro glanced at Huginn, then back at the little wisp who wouldn't leave her side. "Alright, you can stay..." Lowering herself in front of the rosemary, she let Felli circle around her hand with a soft smile.

She would just have to apologize for both of them later. 

Spoiler

ID: 118265 | LD: 17

Total: 6 T1 Mats

@Huginn

Edited by Mishiro
  • 3 weeks later...

Shiro gripped the spear and spun it around, Felli being over by Mishiro made this a little easier if he was being honest. He liked Felli, but she could be a nuisance; every she sees someone new she always makes him approach them. Obviously Shiro wasn’t the best at talking to people, but he managed just fine when it came to Mishiro (Not really, but he likes to think so) and he was willing to get by with just managing to barely be friends with people. Normally though, it would be Misako pulling him to meet new people. Shiro hated that. It was his sister though, so he couldn’t do anything about it.

Not again.

His spear moves towards the monster in an arch slashing at the monster once again, but the vines holding up the flytrap separate just enough to allow the spear to go through without hurting it. Maybe Felli being away wasn’t so good after all.

The small blue flame draws a halo above Mishiro’s head, and then splits in two, floating down next to her head and then orbiting her body at varying heights. Slowly she made her way around the girl and then floats over to the boy in the cloak with the mask. Her flame heats up a little, turning a little purple towards the Flickering top of her sprite. Anger was apparent in this little ball of anti-Shiro matter.

Spoiler

Familiar left Huginn: -1 base DMG

ID: 118981

BD: 4

miss

MD: 4

miss

Huginn: 80/80 HP | 2/8 EN | 5 DMG | 1 Para

Flytrap: 10/40 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Huginn