[F1-PP] To continue before its to late <<FFLAF>>

Assured combat from these quests huh? I guess it isn't much different than that quest on floor two with that elf fella. Though i don't find myself rather keen on doing any said quest that involves combat with myself since i won't be suited to it in any manner in all honesty. All i have is my ability to dodge attacks is what i'd prefer specializing in while i scout around the area for some loot for all of us to benefit from. He says with a grin across his face as he gazes around the field and picks up a herb himself and adds it to his collection alongside the man's own that he handed him. Much obliged for the help now there is only one more left. seems like i underestimated this spawning spot  It just needed a bit to kick in seemingly. He says in a amused tone of voice before glancing towards the direction of the cave. 'glowstones is useful over their.' Glancing over towards the lake he pauses to consider the options. 'fishing perhaps?' he wonders for a brief moment.

#115012 LD:11+4=15 (4/5)

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes." Alec responds in his deep rumbling voice. "There's a cave in the woods you need to find a gem for an Artisan named Hannah. The caves pretty dark and cuts down on vision and makes it hard to see because if the dark. When I did it as soon as I grabbed the gem a Cave Guardian spawned and I had to fight it. Over at the lakes I needed to help a fisherman named Ol' Pete pull a big Sword Fish out of the lake then fight that as well. I should warn you ahead of time " Alec begins as he clears his throat and mild look of embarrassment crosses his face. "When I fight I don't usually take much damage but....how can say this.... sometimes.....my fighting style is a little unorthodox and.....maybe..... ungainly shall we say. I'm still trying to get a hang of how this whole video game fighting thing works. But I'll assure you are in no danger at all. Just please limit your laughing at me shall I let's say trip or fall while I'm fighting. You see it feels like I'm kind of prone to doing that." Alec admits to the other man with a look of ashamed embarrassment on his features.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Looking towards the large man he just nods his head as if this was new information to just be a bit polite and a active listener towards the man to work on just being polite towards customers more so than anything else. Well than seems like i'll need to stay on guard and maybe invest a bit more in finding myself some mitigation gear in aiding with my survival if that is truly the case than Alec. I wouldn't want to get into a fight with a beast and end up dying because of not having the gear i need to live through the entirety of the fight. Though i will admit i'm a bit sparse on the enchantments needed to help me live properly through the fights ahead of me. Though if you're here to help i'm certain this will be no difficulty at all. He says to compliment the man for having skills that he doesn't possess himself giving the man a kind smile before turning around to head back towards the main settlement to get the end of this quest completed. Lets get going than, and don't worry about your fighting style mine is little bit only better than flailing around.

#115021 LD:13+4=17 (5/5)

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec chuckled at the other man's comments but to be honest his lack of faith in Alec's ability to keep him alive hurt. Alec had sworn to protect Dagger and would gladly give his own life to keep that promise and the fact that the other man doubted his sincerity hurt. "If you feel you really need it and have doubts in my promise I have a used piece if Heavy Armor I can give you. It had two slots of Mitigation and can protect you well. I used it until I bought the armor I'm currently wearing. But I've sworn to protect you so I'll give my own life to save yours if need be Sir." Alec replied in his deep baritone voice. As they continued on Alec heard a sound coming from off to their side. He instantly pulled his Mithril Battle Axe free of it's loop and stepped in between Dagger and the noise as a Boar came rushing out of the tall grass charging them.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 20/20 / DMG: 5

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Dagger quickly lifts a hand and waves it from one side to the next with a smile upon his face and a amused look in his hazel colored eyes. I'm sorry if my words brought offense upon you sir it wasn't my intention to bring such emotions unto you. I meant that in he sense of if i were to ever do a quest without you if there are such strong beasts out there like those in this quest that make a man like you wear armor. he says while gesturing towards the height and width of the man known as Alec seemingly his stance and look upon his face being a mix of seriousness and jokingness. Than well someone such as i would need a bit of extra protection. Unless you'd be willing to accompany upon more than just these lesson quests if you have the time to help out a merchant such as i. He asks as he quickly does a scan of the field for a treasure chest. Though as it was to be the case no such luck was had upon this day.

#1150022 LD:5+4=9

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 20/20 / DMG: 5

Alec positioned himself between Dagger and the charging Boar as he looked over his shoulder and responded to the man's words. "Let's start with the intro quest line and if you're happy with my performance we can talk about travelling further together. Who knows. By the end of this chain you may feel you've made a mistake or maybe you won't." Alec replied as he drew his Mithril Battle Axe back and swung it at the charging Boar.

Spoiler

Roll: 115023

BD: 7 + 2 ACC = 9 (Success) 5 DMG

MD: 5 (Fail)

CD: 3 (No EN Regenerated)

Alec swung his Mithril Battle Axe in a side arc and buried the mirror finished blade into the Boar's shoulder opening a large cut there that expelled red pixels as he pulled the axe head loose. The Boar continued to charge as Alec shifted the angle of his shield and deflected the Boar away. As the Boar moved Alex continued to shift his positioning to always be between Dagger and the Boar.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  31/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 15/20 / DMG: 5

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Gazing at the attack he calmly watches and takes some mental notes of the fighting style more so than anything else, and comparing it to the twins who he had seen fight together and than just notices all the quick differences. The twins having been a working fighting machine back to back for one another which is to be expected when they lived together their entire lives, but their movements with the daggers were quick and precise. This seemed much more about patience and opportunistic strikes against the opposition he comes across. Though for now he is on the clock and thus can't spend the entire time at this moment analyzing everything about the fighting style of the man against that of the common mob that he is fighting. glancing around the field for any materials that he could sell off at his shop he spots nothing of particular interest as he glances back towards the man as he sees that only a small tick of energy was used. 'Basic attack. Boar pups weak on this floor natural choice.'  he thinks calmly to himself.  If i'm happy with your performance during these quests i can't wait to hire you on as a fulltime bodyguard during these quests. Naturally when i need to tend the store you are off the clock as well.

#115025 LD:9+4=13

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 15/20 / DMG: 5

Alec continued to shift his position in response to the Boar's movements so there was no way the Boar would be able to do anything other than charge at him. As the Boar moved he moved to match. Finally the Boar shook its head and snorted aggressively at Aleve and burst into motion charging at the large man and his shield. Alec reached out the energy that powered Sword Arts and felt the energy jump into and through him coalescing in his Mithril Battle Axe causing the reflective surfaced axe to begin vibrating and glowing as the energy increased do too did the vibrations and glowing until the energy reached its peak and his axe could hold no more when this happened Alec swung his Ace out at the Boar in four quick strikes with a combination of flat and blade.

Spoiler

Roll: 115028

BD: 2 + 2 ACC = 4 (Fail)

MD: 6 (Success) 5 DMG - 40 MIT = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

CD: 5 (No EN Regenerated)

Alec swung his axe out but got distracted by Dagger watching and gauging him so when he released the energy it was too soon and it flew harmlessly over the Boars head as it charged in and slammed into Alec's shield thrashing and twisting till it finally snuck a tusk past and impaled Alec's side with it leaving a tiny hole there as his shield began to hum the SNAP it released a stored up charge of static electricity that shocked the Boar and caused it to retreat slightly.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  319/320 / EN:  28/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 6/20 / DMG: 5

Hearing the sound of something hitting another he turns his gaze to see the form of the large man being hit, but being dealt quite literally no damage from the looks of things and than the sight of the boar pup getting roasted with some kind of hit that wasn't from the weapon. 'Hmm...i don't know that one haven't run across it yet in my identifications. Make it a point to ask about that later.' he makes the mental note with a grin across his face at the idea of having that for use at a later point if he is ever forced into a solo situation, or more so for myself if he is forced to accommodate the twins as the more tank like of the three of them. 'I could always hire this guy on though he seemingly wouldn't mind a bit of adventure in his life.' He thinks casually with a glance towards Alex before focusing back upon his task as he sees the entrance towards the main settlement and starts to make his way in that direction. Keeping his eye on the battle of respect for the display of what the man can do for him in terms of bodyguarding.

#115029 LD:15+4=19 (1 personal T1 mat for use)

@Alec

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  319/320 / EN 29/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 6/20 / DMG: 5

The Boar retreated from the arc of static electricity expelled from Alec's shield. As it moved away Alec countered its movements always keeping himself between the Boar and Dagger. Finally the Boar reared and charged again snorting and squealing in rage as it came hate and fury shone in it's beady black eyes as it raced towards Alec and his waiting shield. As the Boat neared Alec raised his across up onto the air over his shoulder and when the Boar came within range of Alec he swing out with his Mithril Battle Axe aiming for the Boar's shoulder again.

Spoiler

Roll: 115030

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) 5 DMG + 1 = 6 DMG

MD: 6 (DEAD)

CD: 7 (+ 1 EN Regenerated)

As the Boar charged in again it let out a squeal of anger and rage as it charged. Alec stood like a statue between the charging Boar and Dagger. When the Boar finally reached a point close enough Alec pulled his Mithril Battle Axe up over his shoulder and swung down at an angle burying the mirror finished axe head deeply into the Boar's shoulder causing it let out a final squeal as its body began to shake and twitch until it exploded in a shower of red pixels that flew into the air and rained down till nothing was left of the Boar. Alec calmly slipped his Mithril Battle Axe back into the loop at his hip and turned toward Dagger. Seeing the man already headed for the main gate Alec took several long strides at a jog to catch up with him as he easily matched the others pace.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  319/320 / EN 28/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar - HP: 0/20 / DMG: 5 - DEAD

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Looking towards the larger man he just nods his head towards him with a rather happy smile upon his face. Rather good fighting from what i saw not as elegant as dagger wielding that i've seen from my two main business partners, but that is to be expected from the more axe and shield combination you go far. What is lost in elegance is gained in battlefield prowess. He says towards the man being honest with him as he makes his way inside the gates of the first floor and just walks at a rather calm pace trying to keep himself upon the schedule that he has in mind. To be able to do three today, and maybe if he feels like it do the fourth when it is pushing into the night. That way he can have them all done in one day and than crash back at his shop and start the day anew by making sure he is stocked up and ready to go.  With a slight pause he takes out a potion from his inventory the liquid being that of orange like flame design seemingly to it as the man known as Dagger examines it. Hmmm..well than seems their is some enhancement that functions like a immolation potion. fascinating. he says in a rather matter of fact tone of voice.

Alec and Humphrey casually and calmly keep pace with Dagger as he enters the Main Gate if the Town of Beginnings. Instead of his usual process Alec reaches out in front of him and quickly swipes down as they walk through the inner courtyard. He quickly scrolls through his inventory till he finds his equipped items list and reaches out tapping the icon that represents his Mithril Battle Axe and touches the image  with his finger causing his mirror finished Battle Axe to shimmer and waver before disappearing into nothing. Next Alec reaches out and taps the icon that stands for his Shield of the Thunderhearts and watches it too shimmer and waver as it disappears into nothing but not before Alec repeats the inscription engraved on the inside in a low deep voice "When the tide rises, become the storm." Finally Alec reaches out and touches the picture for his Adamantine Pauldron Heavy Armor shoulder guards causing them to also shimmer and disappear leaving Alec walking along in his normal brown pants, sturdy worn brown leather boots and his best skin shoulder wrap. Alec continues on in his slow even pace keeping up with Dagger as they walk.

@Dagger

As he would enter into the town he would hear the man known as Alec read off the inscription of something as he would move his head from one side to the next hearing the inscription of what was said. Sounds like a perfect inscription for a Tank. For a businessman i believe the better phrase is when the Tide Rises, invest in better weather condition shops, or pack up and find a more tactical location. He says jokingly towards the man with a smile upon his face as he would walk into the shop of Zachariah once more and brings out the five materials that he had collected from the quest and lays them down upon the desk of the kind old alchemsit man. "Ahh thank you. Now than why don't you try some of that crafting yourself." The kind old voice says as he just nods at that and tries his first attempt which quite literally almost blows up in his face. Glancing towards Alec he just shrugs his shoulders. Guess you can start seeing why i became a business man instead of a crafter now.

#115031 CD:2

1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec smiles at Dagger's comments. "As for the inscription engraved on the back of my shield it came that way when I bought from a Blacksmith named Vigilon and the phrase strikes a cord in me and resonates with me. I feel stronger and with a bigger sense of purpose when I read it. Can't really explain why." Alec replies in his deep rumble. "As for the tides riding and Merchant thing I'd suggest if the tide rises you sell golashis." As they enter the Alchemist shop of Zakariah Alec steps to side and stays quiet and out of the way. He has no intention of distracting Dagger while he works as Alec thinks back to his own experience doing this quest and making the potion. It took him several tried as well if he's remembering correctly. Alec leans against an empty wall and crosses his his muscled arms across his broad chest and leans quietly against the wall watching and listening.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Taking the next material he once more begins to craft as much as he can with the singular piece of material and tries a different approach this time around to making the potion he had been told to make for the quest. Trying a different order of events to try and make the perfect potion and once more ends up with a complete and utter failure that still just barely blows up in his face. Dagger himself coughing slightly and waving away the failed attempt and picks up the next herb to prepare himself for crafting this one as he takes a slow and calming breathe and prepares himself for what is surprisingly a much more difficult task then previously envisioned. So than Alec where did you get that bear to follow you anyway? I've seen quite a few people with various animals, but the exact location for trying to figure out how to get one of these animal companions has never been told to myself. He says calmly towards the man.

#115032 CD:2

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

At Dagger's mention of Humphrey Alec switches positions and absently reaches down to begin petting Humphrey on the back of the neck and behind the ears as they talk. " I was in one of the open air markets and ran into an old gypsy woman who told me about her ability to befriend animals train them to travel with her as a companion. After she explained about deciding which animal best suits you she gave me a small bag of <<Familiar Food>> and told me once I found the animal best suited to me I needed to try and befriend the animal and feed it the food and it bond the animal to me. I've always felt akin to bears and even jokingly not jokingly been called a bear do it was only natural for me. After that I had to return to her to give the rest of the good back to her. Then I had to do another quest to train Humphrey how to heal me when I get hurt. After that he's been my best friend ever sense. Kind of like a piece I was missing that I didn't know I was missing till it was filled." Alec explained in his deep baritone voice.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

Trying the new method as he listens to the story of the larger man he nods his head along to each of the major sounding story beats said within the short little story bit of how he had managed to get the creature. Once he is finished he glances down and sees a successful potion that isn't trying to kill him from how poorly made it was which is a gift really at this point.  Seems like the idea of you missing something might've been more so a companion since isolation can cause one to feel off balanced and lead to mental instability. He says calmly towards the man when hearing that small detail as he than glances towards the NPC who starts to talk once more as he just nods his head. he than finds a group of potions, and than a package put into his hands after he finishes the quest. Well than sir guess i'll be on my way to talk to your business partner than. Dagger says sounding a bit off putted by what seems like a weirdly natural transition from one quest to the next.

#115033 CD:9 Rare quality success

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec nods at Dagger's psychoanalysis of him and his situation. It makes total sense and Alec already knows he's missing a huge part of himself with the lose of Gwen and Danny but it goes even beyond that Alec knows. Humphrey is a part of him even deeper than those parts missing from his family. Alec sees the emotion that seems irritation on Dagger's face. "So by the way you're also a courier on all these quests each of these 'people' want to to carry something to the next 'person' in the chain. Now I take it were off see Lyle Tealeaf the Blacksmith?" Alec rumbles in his deep voice. "He'll want you to bring him some Boar Pup tusks farmed from killing those mobs." Alec told Dagger. With that Alec walks over to the door that exits Zakariah's Alchemist shop and enters the street outside and opens the door and holds it open for Dagger to exit the shop and head to their next destination.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

So fighting is part of the next quest that early huh? Well it is called Sword Art Online makes sense combat would happen early guess i can't ignore it forever as much as i would want to do  so. Guess i'll need to use my axe. He says as he pockets away the items into his inventory as he equips some items from his inventory as a light green cloak forms over his body as on his back a two handed axe appears the demonic in style looking axe that he had shown off earlier to show as a means of being capable to attack if need be. Looking towards the man known as Alec he just nods his head and starts to make his way across through the town towards the direction of whoever this blacksmtih NPC was meant to be. So than what is the plan? You stand there and take the hits somehow while i focus on ones i can hit one at a time? he asks the man curiously as he glances back around the streets in a rather defensive manner. 'Well as much as i don't want to participate not much i can do besides be able to do so if it means i can possibly get my schedule back on track.'

Green apparition equipped: 1 evasion, 1 mit  T1
Virgil 2H axe: x2 damage T1

Alec looks to the other man and watches him equip new gear as they walk out the door and enter the streets of the Town of Beginnings and begin walking. "If you'd like to participate in combat in the next few steps of this quest chain tell me now and I can make preparations to protect you. Otherwise feel free to stand back and Gather and I can deal with the mobs myself and you can keep any quest items they drop. Either way works for me but I need to know your intentions before we begin the next step in the quest chain so I can prepare myself accordingly." Alec rumbles as he looks down at the other man with a serious look of no nonsense on his stern face. Alec waits calmly with a stern look on his face as he awaits the response from Dagger the man who hired Alec to protect him through this Quest chain.

@Dagger