[F1-PP] To continue before its to late <<FFLAF>>

Stepping upon the first floor he wears a nice white button up dress shirt and long dress pants with a green hat on his head for his outfit having a small pin over the spot where his heart is in the shirt. The pin being that of a green colored cloak with the symbol of a dagger slipping through hole for the head in the cloak. Making his way towards the alchemist upon the floor knowing that he has to get to these simple child play quest, and that it is better to do that now while he still has the time to benefit from the exp that it can offer him. Hazel colored eyes staring out into the world as he gazes from one person to the next trying to make quick judgements about who can serve as a nice bodyguard or business partner in the end to help him out with quests within the future. his gaze falling upon the form of a rather giant of a man seemingly standing rather tall like a literal moving mountain to at least compared to himself. Making his way towards the large and tall man with a sense of purpose till he would be within arm's reach as he would try to tap the man's back.

@Alec

Stats:

level 5: 100/100 HP  10/10 ENG DMG: 1

Equipment:

Cloak's Symbol: +3 LD  (Trinket that is the shape of Dagger's shop's symbol.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 16 / HP:  320/320 / EN:  32/32 / DMG: 5 / MIT: 40 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot)remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

(Heavy Armor) Recovery (1)
Effect: Regain (1 per slot * Tier) (1) additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Adamantine Pauldrons

Mithril Battle Axe

Shield of the Thunderhearts

Alec found himself back in the Town of Beginnings again walking through the crowded streets with his best friend and travelling companion Humphrey the American Black Bear cub by his side. The pair passed through the crowds easily due to the natural bubble afforded Alec purely due to his larger than normal stature. People naturally shied away from him subconsciously and that was just fine by Alec as he looked over the cried of people his perpetual scowl affixed firmly on his face as he surveyed his surroundings. Alec had no real destination in mind and he did as he usually did in such situations he walked and let his mind roam and his feet lead to where he was needed to be. When suddenly something that had never happened since we found himself stuck in this world happened. Alec felt a tap on his shoulder from behind. Aleve turned and saw a man standing there dressed very nicely in green and white clothing."Yes?" Alec rumbled in his deep baritone voice. "Can I help you?"

@Dagger

With a smile upon his face he just gives the man a nod of his head as he does his best to keep eye contact with the rather mountain of a man. Good evening sir the name is Dagger of the Cloak and Dagger merchant shop business man first, and fighter lost. Got a unidentified i have a price and a way to get you a chance of a unique. He says with a rather polite tone of voice as he takes out from a pocket a business card with the symbol of his shop and hands it towards the man with a grin on his face. However, advertising is not my game it is instead looking for a companion to go along with me on the lesson quests. Since as i said fighter last i have an axe, but no points in it really it is more so for show if i felt like trying to intimidate them for my safety. he says in a polite tone of voice as he opens his inventory and takes into his hands a two handed axe that settles into both of his hand the weapon having red and black motiff opposing colors of his clothes. The weapon having a twisted look towards it looking more crude and pointed as if its purpose is to inflcit wounds rather than kill. Virgil, my axe. He says simply to say the weapon's name before putting it back into his inventory.

Alec listens quietly to the man as introduces himself and offers his pitch. So he's looking for someone to help him get started in the guests is he Alec thinks to himself wishing he had that sort of idea himself instead of struggling for so long just learning the basics. Alec takes the offered business card in his large hand and looks it over pondering the man's request. "I actually just finished those a few weeks ago myself." Alec rumbled in response. "Took me that long just to find out how to find and start a quest. Heck, it took me over a month just to figure out how to open up my inventory. What do you think Humphrey want to do the starting quest line seeing as you weren't there the first time I did them?" Alec asks looking to his bear cub familiar. Humphrey responds with a load positive sounding growl. Turning his attention back to the gentleman who introduced himself as Dagger Alec stretches out his large hand and offers it in a hand shake. "My name's Alec and this is Humphrey and we'd be happy to help out on the quest line Dagger. Count us in."

Shaking the man's hand with a grin upon his face at hearing that he will be agreeing to become his temporary bodyguard, and hopefully a more so permanent position if he gets lucky enough to get this man as a regular business partner within the cloak and dagger business propositions. Well than let me tell you good man that you made a good deal today, and i can't wait to work with you more in the future. Which does include a hope that you will work with me beyond these lesson quests if you ever want a partner that can keep a good eye on your back since i will be a scout to help you spot some things, and get enough treasure chests as well as maybe get lucky if i spot one of those dungeons i've heard about.  He says towards the man with a grin across his face before making his way once more towards the alchemist shop that is the home of Zachariah to pick up the quest for his oneself to get all the materials with hopefully not that much difficulty.

Alec and Humphrey fell into easy step walking along with their new acquaintance Dagger. He seemed like a likeable enough fellow do Alec didn't see why they couldn't continue to work together in the future and since he'd had such bum luck trying to get in contact with a Merchant maybe he'd try asking this Dagger guy to look at his Trinkets and Consumables he'd found earlier. That was a worry for the future now they were off to meet Zachariah the Alchemist. Alec remember to his run at the quest and spoke up as they walked. "I don't know if you have better luck than me but I ended up finding most if the Materials for my guest just inside the forest to the North and a little West of the Main Gate but I'll follow your lead as it's going to be your quest and I'm here to help support you if need be." Aleve offered in his deep rumble of a voice as he walked along with Dagger.

With a smile on his face he turns to look towards the man and tips his hat towards him with a smile on his face. My good man. Sharing of information, ideas, and utilizing each others knowledge and strength is all what a business deal is about. Any and all information is appreciated to help make things go by faster. Dagger says towards the man taking off his hat briefly and holding it against his chest when speaking of the qualities of what a business deal entails. The blonde silvery locks of hair that were underneath the hat falling promptly to the back, side, and front of his head. Your assistance is always appreciated Alec. With a polite tone and with putting his green hat back upon his head he once more makes strides towards the alchemist shop. The man eventually finding the building as he enters into it with confidence in every step that he takes. Good evening good Zachariah i heard you were in need of some assistance. The name is Dagger of the Cloak and Dagger association am here to help. he says in a polite tone of voice each word spoken with confidence and practiced perfection towards the NPC. Looking towards the elderly old man Dagger waits for the response to kick in from the NPC side of things.

As Dagger, Alec and Humphrey enter the Alchemist shop of Zachariah and Dagger begins to interact with Zachariah Alec crosses his arms across his expansive chest and thinks back to his own interaction with the Alchemist as he glances around the shop and eyes the items standing upon the shelves. Absently Alec's mind begins to wander and without thinking about it he reaches down and begins scratching Humphrey on the back of the neck and behind his ears as Alec zones out for a short while thinking of home and his wife and son waiting there for him. As Alec's attention drifts back to the hear and now he idly listens to the back and forth between Zachariah the Alchemist and Dagger. It seems the computer has some precanned bits of dialogue but the rest seems to be be individualized to the person interacting with the NPC interesting thought Alec to himself as he waited patiently for the quest to begin.

"Ahh yes well i did send out a request in helping to gather some supplies for a friend of mine since he had ordered a small stock to help in getting a quick request done. So having your help Dagger, and if your compatriot is willing ot help as well would be a wonderful thing for my old bones." A friendly and light hearted chuckle escapes the lips of the elderly NPC who nods his head and than looks around and picks up a small herb and shows it towards Dagger with a calm and serious look. "Now than if you can go out and find herbs like these i can turn them into what i need to craft, and if anything i can have you help as well. More hands working the faster that things get accomplished after all." The friendly tone of voice says as a quest prompt appears before the eyes of Dagger who quickly hits the yes button and than gives a small bow his left hand turning horizontal as he puts his across his chest as he bows. It'll be finished swiftly and promptly. I can understand the need to get supplies out to those who order from you. I'll be back before you know it though. He says in a polite and kind tone of voice with a ever present smile across his face before turning around as the smile drops to a more neutral look before going to exit the shop with a small gesture towards Alec to follow after him as he does so. Come Alec there are materials to collect, and not enough time in the day to get everything that one would wish to get done in a single day's time on the clock.

As Dagger finishes up his interaction with Zachariah and exits the shop motioning for Alec to follow, Alec and Humphrey fall into an easy casual pace keeping up with Dagger as the trio enter the bustling streets of the Town of Beginnings and begin making their way towards the Main Gate. Alec looks around at all the people crowding the streets and his perpetual scowl slowly settles firmly on to his face as his gaze passes over the masses surrounding them. As they walk a small bubble of space opens around the three individuals as they pass through the streets making their way to the Northern Gate and the plains and grasslands beyond. Inside Alec irritation begins to grow at the constant press of bodies and constant feeling of being constrained and constricted inside the Town that constant feeling that everything is too small and confining for him solidifies his scowl as he continues to walk in the direction of the Northern Gate walking along to the side if Dagger with Humphrey matching his pace on Dagger's opposite side.

Making his way through the crowd of people and taking note of the slight amount of distance that is being created through the use of the rather big frame of his bodyguard for the moment he can't help but smile ever so slightly at that. Since even if it isn't directed towards him the space is rather welcoming since the player count that has still remained on this floor is abysmal compared to those who are out and about actually trying to make something meaningful with their lives while trapped within the game. To have this distance that people are trying to give the group of two players and one familiar is interesting and almost gives a sense of ah and shock like one would suspect given towards a frontliner if they walked through the first floor. 'That sense of celebrity status i suppose.' he thinks calmly towards himself as he glances back towards the cause of this and notices the slight scowl and keeps that within the back of his mind for the moment.

Once the duo have made their way out of the town he lets the search skill activate as his gaze quickly starts to gaze around the surrounding area trying to find any sign of materials. Feel free to do what you want, but i would prefer is possible for us to stay close. Since even if you go and fight something at least having somebody to talk to would be preferable than being left to my own thoughts. An overactive mind is just as dangerous as a idle one. He says calmly towards the man. by the way what was with that scowl back in town? No need to answer. Just attempting some small talk. He asks curiously towards the man hazel eyes gazing in the direction of him for about ten seconds before settling back on the terrain. However, not a one to be spotted that fits the description of Zachariah's little herb that was suppose to be used for the potion is spotted within his vision.

#114839 LD:2+4=6 no dice

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

As the pair exit the Northern Gate Alec quickly opens his inventory with a quick downward swipe and with a few quick taps of his large finger he equips his Adamantine Pauldron Heavy Armor shoulder guards, his Shield of the Thunderhearts and finally his mirror finished Mithril Battle Axe appears ganging from his hip once complete Alec quickly closes his inventory and follows Dagger out into the plains. As Dagger begins his search for the needed Tier 1 Quest Materials Alec lends a hand searching through the tall grass surrounding them on the prairie.

Spoiler

Roll: 114840

LD: 3 (Nothing)

Alec pokes around but fails to find anything of use hiding in the tall grass. Dagger asks Alec about his scowl Alec cocks his head to the side and asks in a deep rumbling voice "Was I scowling back there? Sorry just my inner feelings showing on my face. I can't stand being cooped up inside the Town. There's too many people and I always feel crowded. Plus everything's so small I always feel cramped and confined. The beds are too small for me, the hallways and stairs fell like I'm walking through a shoe box and nearly every chair I sit in feels like it's going to splinter from my size and weight. I just can't stand the feeling I get when I'm in there too long.  Plus it took me do long to figure out the basics that it always feels like I'm imprisoned when I'm stuck inside the Town." Alec answered in his deep rumbling voice.

Listening to the explanation he nods his head since it is a rather apt and appropriate complaint to have about the town the number of bodies that are present and the infrastructure having been built for the average build size of the release it was meant for is never able to fully take in the outliers. Makes sense. Though i'd recommend a shop at that point. Nice little place where you can customize the building to be your perfect little sanctuary till you can build a home through these game mechanics. Or form a guild with a person or join one that has a guild hall that works as well for a nice space to avoid all these cooped up scared souls. He says casually towards the larger man as he scans the field and manages to find another and picks it up into his hands and quickly stores it into his inventory while keeping himself aware of the surroundings to avoid any mobs. To enter into such a fight would be equivalence of willingly allowing himself to die if he want not careful. 'though like all things time will build better palaces for one to live in. It just requires your own will and power to set the first stones in place is all.' He thinks to himself.

#114841 LD:12+4=16 (1/5)

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

As Alec continues helping look for the Tier 1 Materials needed for Dagger's quest he nods at the other man's analysis of his explanation. It's absolutely sound advise but in runs anathema to Alec's goals. "I could do those things." Alec rumbled back as he continues poking through the tall grass surrounding him. "The only problem is my entire goal is to become strong and capable and join the Front Line fighters to help clear the game. So I need to stay focused on that and opening a shop of some sort feels like it would detract and take time away from the time I need to spend levelling to get there. I don't play video games so I'm completely out of my element here in that regard. As for a Guild I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. What's to keep people honest and genuine here? How can you tell who someone really is versus what they want to portray given the anonymity provide but the lack of real life interactions here?"

Spoiler

Roll: 114843

LD: 7 (Nothing)

Alec continued searching but found nothing useful in the tall grass of the prairie as he finished his monologue and suddenly shook his head realizing he probably said too much so early in a first meeting. Aleve set back to searching his head down and looking.

Looking towards the man for but a brief moment before gazing back towards the field he nods his head for a moment when hearing the question. Well that is part of the charm some would say. You have to test how comfortable and willing you are to trust those around you now aren't you? Since if you want to be part of that frontline thing you'll eventually have to trust those others aren't you? He questions the larger man before glancing towards the field spotting nothing he decides to continue forward with his point. Also, about the shop you can just open one for the sake of a place to stay. Though for the benefit of one you could make your own gear, or craft consumables for yourself the crafting system doesn't take that long from what i've heard. Does most of the work for you really. He says Alec in a calm and polite tone of voice while offering the insight he has towards the man to help him make a decision of his own with a different perspective he could see things from.

#114846  LD:2+4=6

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec listens to the the other man as he continues searching the prairie for an Tier 1 Materials for his quest as he nods his head agreeing with his new companions logic. " I hear and completely understand what you're saying Dagger. It makes total sense. I may consider picking up a profession. But as for the whole guild thing I'm just not sure. I can see the benefits but I'm sure their are some drawbacks that  not seeing as well. I really am lost when it comes to this whole...what's it called....Massive Multiplayer Online Game thing. But I'll take your words and think on them. That's a promise." Alec replied deeply as he continued to help search through the tall grasses of the prairie.

Spoiler

Roll: 114848

LD: 3

As Alec continued to poke and peer through the tall grasses of the prairie he still had found no items of any use to Dagger and his quest. This while searching thing really didn't seem to be Alec's bag today but he took a couple deep breaths and contiued to help search. "So I've been doing a lot more talking than usual today. What's your story Dagger? How'd you end up stuck in here?"

He nods his head towards the man hearing that he'll at least accept his words since at the minimum it is at least healthier for the man's mental health at the very least. Psychologist back in the real world. The study of the effects of full dive on the mind and people experiencing it over a prolonged period of time was a interesting prospect, but i didn't know when getting into it that i'd become part of the experiment and it'd be this permanent. Besides that my story is a simple one that i told you at the beginning. I'm a merchant first now, and a fighter as always last. I'm just trying to make a living here and just enjoy living comfortably i can leave fighting towards those who are more inclined for it. He says towards the larger and taller man than himself as he looks through the grass once more. Though once more not finding anything as he sighs softly. Seems like my luck in this section of this floor isn't as high as it was for yourself than Alec. Though that might've been from the fact you got here early or late enough for other people to be gone by that point and not having anyone else take these spawned drops for the quest.

#114852 LD:3+4=7

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec listened attentively as Dagger told him about his past. When he mentioned he was a Psychologist in the real world Alec raised an appreciative eyebrow. An educated man and very educated from the sounds of it. Alec could appreciate that even though he himself had minimal schooling being a blue color worker. "Wow." Alec rumbled after hearing of Dagger's past. "That's extremely impressive. At home I'm just garbage man who got stuck in here because I was an over protective father. But as far as the fighters go I feel pretty comfortable in that role. I'm tailoring myself as a Tank and front line Battle Healer though I haven't started learning First Aid. I will soon. I've got some good Mitigation so far and been able to keep my damage received to a minimum plus my pal Humphrey here is a Healer Familiar. So that helps out too." Alec said in his low deep rumble.

Spoiler

Roll: 114860

LD: 6 (Nothing)

Alec continued looking through the tall grass but again came up empty handed. As he looked to Dagger and shrugged with a genuinely apologetic look on his face. "I'm really sorry. I'm not of much help so far."

Bending down and picking up another material for his collection he pockets it into his inventory once more before looking towards the larger man and just gives a dismissive wave of his hand. I didn't expect you to be helping look in the first place the fact that you're doing so alone is sentiment alone. I expected a bodyguard from rogue mobs not a helper in gathering some of these mundane materials. Afterall finding them is meant to be my specialty in the end. He says in a joking tone of voice towards the larger man before walking over towards the next little patches of grass to continue his search. His hazel colored gaze searching each patch for one of these herbs or the next. Also, it's admirable for you to fight and i'll wish you luck during those moments. Theo nly reason i'm bothering with these quests as i've mentioned is to become a better supplier for my customers.

#114875 LD:13 (2/5)

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

I can appreciate wanting to get better at your craft and profession. It’s extremely admirable.” replied in his deep voice. “After all it’s really no different that a fighter. They work to get better at what they do and you’re doing the same. There’s really do difference if you think about it. Most of us are doing everything we can do our own parts to progress towards getting out of here whether it’s swinging a weapon or finding or making better equipment it’s all the same and aimed at the same purpose. We all have our roles to fill and I’m happy to help you fulfill and succeed in yours.” Alec replied as he looked through the tall grasses. “Besides, in this area there are a few random wandering Boars and their pups which we’ll need to fight on the next quest. But it’s not till you venture into the forest.” Alec points towards the North West and tree line there. “Or the quest over at the lakes.” he pints to the North East beyond a small rise. “Where combat is assure":d.”

Spoiler

Roll: 114942

LD: 16

"Here's one I think." Alec rumbles as he holds it out to Dagger offering it to the other man.