{PP-F22} Guardians of the New Dawn

~THREAD RULES~

Spoiler

This is an unofficial 2v1 Duel! That being said, there are a couple of rules for the fight. 

• Player Killing is strictly forbidden. It's an unofficial duel for a reason. Once below half health, the player is considered eliminated, and their name will be struck through. Eliminated players are not allowed to be targeted, and they're not allowed to target the enemy. Don't be an ass. 
  • For Fun! Items are turned on, baby, and if your character is the type to fight dirty by applying poison to their fists or quickly chomping down on a consumable, by all means go for it. Play your character!! 
  • Due to the thread location and the characters involved, Stryder is free to "invade" the thread at any time. Furthermore, during the fight, characters are allowed to send a message as a post action. This is situational, and up to the player. Play. Your. Character. 
  • Unless Stryder invades, Pinball is only allowed to use his OHSS. 
  • Here's a Rule of Cool: Jinx may intercept any of Pinball's attacks at her discretion. However, it is preferred to remain reasonable with these interceptions; Sneak Attacks are a tad harder to defend against than a strike attempted right next to her. If Dustin is over by the lakeside and Jinx is still on the forest path, how did she intercept? RP is important, so keep it in mind! 
  • This thread takes place at night! Plus it's foggy as hell because of the lake, dude. All rolls have a -1 penalty with the exception of Stealth, which receives a +1. 
  • Instead of rolling for initiative, and in the interest of keeping the RP smooth, the post order for the entirety of the thread will be: Pinball, Jinx, Dustin.

Pinball was no stranger to aimless wandering. Not anymore. His boots carried him through the dirt and fog, walking alone alongside the lake that usually glittered night and day, illuminated by the sparkling sun or millions of twinkling stars. It was night now though, and the lake and surrounding forest were covered in a thick grey mist. The moisture clung to his arms and his nose and his hair, but Pinball kept marching forward, his clothes, with the exception of his coat, eventually becoming soaked to the core. Zomekko was stretched across the back of his shoulders, the ghostly black cat pretending to be some kind of wispy scarf. Pinball's expression was deadpan. His eyes were tired and cold, and his movements were slow and stiff. Like a zombie. 

A dead man walking. 

And then he came to a stop. Directly in front of him, however many feet away in the distance, were two shadowy silhouettes. Zomekko's ears flicked once, and Pinball rested his hand on the sword at his waist. He couldn't make out any of the finer details, but he didn't intend to. They were in his way, and Pinball wasn't in the mood to run tonight.

Fireflies lined the path, piercing the night though clinging to wet plants, their wings heavy and useless. 

@Jinx @Dustin

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 52
Health: 1040 | Energy: 104
DMG: 15 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►N/A

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster
►<<1H Straight Sword>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>> ~ Inactive 

Utility Skills:
►<<Hiding>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 
►[Active] <<Sneak Attack: Assassin>>
►[Active] <<Hiding: Vanish>> 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Uncommon] Tyrfing:: Absolute Accuracy
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Dragon’s Skin: +3 EVA
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Battle Ready: 
» [3x] Teleportation Crystal 
» [2x] Greater Curative Potion: +120 HP 
» [3x] Crystallized Healing: +60 HP (Party)
» [5x] Spinach-Artichoke Dip: +2 EVA  
» [Demonic 2HAS] Cold Fervor: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed

House Buffs: 

Spoiler

Housing Buffs: 
“Rested”:  -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
“Clean”: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
“Filling”: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30
“Relaxed”: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Edited by Pinball

All in all, Jinx had to admit that today had gone rather well. Dustin was very fun to hang out with, and she wouldn't lie, she loved it when he said she was his favourite guildmate. While she knew it was childish, she loved feeling important, feeling special to someone. It wasn't a feeling she was too familiar with, so whenever she could, she tried to hang onto the warm bubbling sensation in her chest as she walked with Dustin across the 22nd floor.

Part of her always felt bad, asking for someone to walk her home. Often times it was Dustin, and all because she knew she'd get hopelessly lost without a guide, unless her mind was sharpened, which more and more of late, it wasn't. The girl wasn't entirely sure why, but it seemed...harder to concentrate on reality, and near impossible to stick to the 'correct' language. The only saving grace was that the auto-translate function that most players seemed to have enabled, with only a few not having it on.

The eye-patch wearing girl smiled at the boy next to her, even in her dulled state she was in, she knew how much it was helping her. Even as the night sky started to darken it, her bright white clothing 'stood out' in the shades of grey coming down upon the walking pair.

"I really do appreciate this Dustin" The girl said for the upteenth time this walk "I just get...easily lost sometimes"

Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 18

Jinx: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 Regen <5HP> | 2 Para <8-10, -EVA and turn> | 1 Bleed <9-10, 12DMG>

Equipment 1 - T1 Rapier: Gentleman's Sword: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed

Equipment 2 - T1 Perfect Heavy Armour: Heavy Rain: 3 MIT

Equipment 3 - T1 Perfect Shield: Shield of the Fallen: 1 Regen, 2 Thorn

Skills:

Howl

Heavy Armour Rank 2

Block Rank 2

Edited by Jinx

Dustin had agreed to walk Jinx back home, against his better judgement. It was my fault. I need to stop. I can’t go around hurting her all the time. He looks over at her, “Of course, why wouldn’t I help out a friend?” His words almost separated from the real world, like he wasn’t entirely enjoying this situation. His vision shrouded by the mist, that and it being the night, but he noticed a silhouette out in the distance. “Hey!” He shouts, wondering what they’re doing out this far. From the way he was standing he was reaching for a weapon, and Dustin’s arm naturally shot out in front of Jinx. “Something’s off, run back to Stryder’s house.” He looks genuinely offset by the whole situation.

This person could be strong, being up here by themselves. But they’re obviously ready to do this, and I can’t have Jinx here getting hurt. He looks down at the girl next to him, dropping the arm he had sticking out. He pulls his hood up and looks all serious. “Sorry, I’m serious though, go to Stryder.” He equips his gloves, ready for battle with this random player. Hopefully Jinx gets Stryder in time and we don’t have to fight for very long. He pulls his fists up and spreads his legs. Not knowing how strong he is puts him at the advantage. But then again, he has no idea how strong I am. His eyes stay locked on the shadow in front of him.

STATS:

Spoiler

LVL: 21

HP: 420

EN: 42

DMG: 11

MIT: 14

ACC: 1

EVA: 2

BH: 4

SKILLS:

Spoiler

Martial Arts - Rank 5

Light Armor - Rank 1

Battle Healing - Rank 1

EQUIPMENT:

Spoiler

[Perfect]Starlit Wave (Handwraps) {3x DMG}

[Rare]Death’s Reach (Light Armor) {1x MIT, 1x EVA}

[Rare]Deus Tempus (Trinket) {1x ACC, 1x EVA}

@Pinball

Dustin.

Pinball's nose wrinkled, his face twisting into a vicious snarl. What was it with these people? He was keeping his distance. He was minding his own business. He hadn't killed anyone else yet. Couldn't they let him live through his own, self-inflicted sentence? Why did every one of these frontline-protagonist types feel the need to challenge him? 

This time, he wouldn't stop at an arm. 

Pinball strode forward through the fog, glowering at his old friend as he came into view. Zomekko's shadow flared up and began to envelop him as he walked, making it look like the delirious teen was emanating this inky black aura. The same black flames that covered his weapons when he fought now surrounded him, flickering shadow licking at his shoulders and torso. Pinball drew his sword, silver and gold glinting in the moonlight and fireflies' golden torches. All the while, the orange crystal hovering above his head all too visible in the darkness.

"Yeah," he intruded, his voice dripping with an unprecedented venom, "go run to Stryder." 

And then in an instant, Zomekko's flames rose, enveloping him in an all-consuming shadow - and then it faded from existence, taking Pinball with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Area Effect: Low Light! -1 to All Rolls, +1 to Stealth 

Action Taken: Vanish [-3 EN]
Stealth: ID#114941 LD: 20+5+1= 26 
Stealth Rating: 26

Dustin: 420/420 HP | 42/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC
Jinx: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 18 THRN | 5 RGN | 8-10 Para | 9-10 Bleed

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 1/3}

Edited by Pinball

Jinx felt it too, albeit moments after Dustin had asked her to run!? Looking around, she finally spotted what Dustin had. Someone, armed, coming towards them?! Another...assassination attempt?! Was this at her, or Dustin? Either way, she wouldn't run...Dustin was her friend, and her guild mate. To run away, to leave him to die to save herself...She couldn't do that to him! 

Accessing her inventory, she prepared herself for battle. Her armour, Black Rain, as well as her shield and Rapier. Looking back up, she heard the attacker say the name of their guild leader, before...vanishing?! What kind of ability was that, none of the people she'd seen could vanish into shadows!

"I'm not leaving you Dustin! Damn it stop being an idiot and let me help you ok" Jinx felt bad lectuering her friend, but in battle, they didn't have time to worry about the other. She glanced up at the top corner of her screen. Dustin and her were still in the same party, a little trick a certain purple haired member of her guild had taught her, so she could track Dustin and keep him safe. "Make sure you stay with me ok? I can hold off anything with my shield" It was a little stretch off the truth, but...it would have to do. Hoping her guild mate wouldn't just run off without her, she turned to where their attacker once stood.

"Y-you here me? You have no need to fight here, and if you do, you'll lose...You're not the first player to attack me, a-and i beat them back then too..." Jinx had no idea who was attacking, nor his vendeta with her guild mate....And didn't really want to add in the last time she fought players, she would have died if not for the intervension of Mishiro, a player who at the time, she'd never even met before!

-------------

Dustin: 420/420 HP | 42/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC
Jinx: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 18 THRN | 5 RGN | 8-10 Para | 9-10 Bleed

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 1/3}

Dustin’s voice gets way more serious. Like he was almost mad at Jinx. “Listen to me. This guy could probably beat Stryder on his own, get him here now.” He looks around for the boy he had once fought. “I don’t want to fight. Come on man, at least let the lady leave. It’s impolite to fight in front of a lady.” Not like you care. Most monsters don’t care about being gentlemen. His hand clenches up and he begins to get mad. The man had hurt the redcoat, killed a random person, and then took my arm. “Listen, if you don’t let us go, I’ll have to fight back.” He says, not trying to start the fight, but more along the lines of trying to show Pinball he isn’t scared. “You know what? I’m tired of just watching you as you destroy everything you touch. Come on then, fight me.” His nostrils flare as he continues to look for the guy. “Go Jinx, I can’t even hope to beat this guy, even with the help of my best friend.” Trying to convince her to go get their guild leader.

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 1/3}

Consumed by rage - or was it disgust? - Pinball charged forward, his mouth twisted in an ugly snarl. For a moment, it seemed like there was no other sound but the wind howling in his ears and the steady thud of his boots in the mud. Fog, fireflies, and plants alike parted and made way for the quiet, sweet boy turned wrathful nutjob. He erupted into sight in an explosion of black flame, Tyrfing raised in silent judgement.  He was just feet away from Dustin, and he leapt forward, his sword glowing a bright blue. Cardinal carried him through the motions. Blinded by rage, Pinball would bore into his victim in a vicious flurry of blows, leaving pixellated red cuts in whatever his merciless onslaught tore into. As soon as the Sword Art finished, Pinball slammed a boot into his opponent and used them as a footstool, launching himself back and into the air, effectively distancing himself from the two enemy players.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Star Quint Prominence] [-5 EN/+1 EN] {Well Rested} / Dropped Stealth
Stealth: ID#115183 LD: 2+5= 7 
Dustin: ID#115183 BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit-?) ~ 15*6= 90-14= 76 DMG
Damage will be edited by Jinx

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 97/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

Edited by Pinball

Jinx was scared. The way Dustin was talking, did he know the attacker?! And that they were strong enough to kill Stryder?!! He was the strongest member in their guild by a LONG shot, and this one, whow as attacking them could take him down no issues? She felt that panic rise up and up, but despite it all, she couldnt, no..wouldn't leave Dustin. He was her friend dammit, and if she left him to die, she'd never forgive herself...but there was something she could do while it seemed their opponent didn't seem interested in attacking. Opening a menu, the girl tried to send a message...but before she'd even selected the recipient, she heard movement to her left...and as she 'turned' to look, it was too late. Being 'blinded' by her own eyepatch, she realized it too late that their attacker was there!

"Dustin watch out! He's behind us!" She called out, as she tried to move to intercept the strike, but failed horrible, nearly tripping over her own foot as their attacker leaped back, and the girl accessed her inventory, grabbing the Rapier out and pointing it at the boy, trying to sound confident "W-who are you! W-why are you doing this to us!"

-----

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 97/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

Pinball had disappeared, but all Dustin could focus on was how much trouble he is gonna be in when Stryder or Hestia find out. This isn’t gonna be good, I have to get Jinx out of here. Nothing good will come of this Dustin. Just grab her and run. His legs get ready to move when suddenly Jinx shouts his name. Uh-oh... His body begins to run on instinct, his hand beginning to glow a bright green as his back pulls him under the jabbing motion of Pin’s sword. This was his chance to try and at least make Pinball wonder if this was the right move. His legs push back under him and he throws his weight forward. A dead thud can be heard when Dustin’s hand collides with flesh and a massive release of energy follows. “Go Jinx... I can handle this rat [censored].” His eyes pan back towards Pinball. “Too scared to fight me like a man? I can still keep on my toes just enough to dodge you.” A cocky grin wants to place itself on his face, but all he feels is rage and fear. This man went and wronged so many people, attacked Kirbs, then chopped of Dustin’s hand, and Dustin sure as hell wanted revenge for all those things, but he doesn’t want Jinx to get hurt. Taking a deep breath, Dustin’s stance becomes more at the ready, his fists in the most common place, his legs spread with one forward, and his eyes narrowed on the target.

————————————————————

Action taken: All Might on Pinball

ID: 115353

BD: 10 (+2 DMG)

11+2=13*15=195 DMG

Dustin: 420/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Pinball: 845/1040 HP | 97/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

Edited by Dustin

He could hear her call out for Dustin, but Pinball was already soaring through the air. There was no way... 

Pinball saw, and quickly after felt a bright green fist impact the side of his chest. The teenager was sent sprawling across the dirt from the sheer force of it. He laid there for a moment, watching his health drop and processing what the hell had just happened. Tyrfing had slipped from his grip and landed point-first in the dirt in front of him. Zomekko immediately removed herself from his sword, and padded over to Pinball to make sure he was alright. And he was. 

Pinball grit his teeth. Bastards. 

They take everything away from him, the frontliners. Their influence. That mob mentality that steers players on a course set straight ahead. The mentality that keeps people selfish, greedy, hateful, and ignorant. They'll stomp on their closest friends without hesitation if it means salvation, but in doing so they leave their humanity behind. Was it a victory if killing is regarded as a part of life? Was it a victory if murderers are overlooked and forgiven so long as they contribute to the frontlines? People are people. Forgiveness should be everywhere, but there also should be punishment. It's that bias present in their society that really sets Pinball's blood boiling. He's seen the crossed out names. They kill casually. As if it means nothing. The holier-than-thou attitude that corrupts even the most innocent of players. The egocentric and self-important beliefs that every single one of the corrupted harbor. The self-preserving habits that leave those who truly need protection behind.

That's not the reality Pinball had grown up accustomed to. But that's the reality he was living in. 

He slammed a fist into the dirt and pushed himself to his feet, scowling at everything and nothing. Zomekko took a hint and quickly zipped back to surround Tyrfing in an inky black aura. Pinball slowly turned back towards Jinx and Dustin. There was a look in his eyes - a manic gaze that held a feverish flame. 

"You can handle me?" Pinball practically spat the words out, one by one. Tyrfing began to glow a bright crimson. Zomekko's shadow swirled around it, flickering black flame locking the sword in an alternating loop of bright light and empty darkness. Pinball didn't even take a step forward. His mouth twisted in a hateful snarl, he slashed at nothing, carving bloody red arcs in the air that shot towards them with wicked speed. 

"Let's see it, then."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Shadow Explosion] [-12 EN / +1 EN] {Well Rested} / Pinball takes 18 THRNS / Uses <<Crystallized Healing>> (+60 HP)
Dustin: ID#115359 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 15+2= 17*9= 153-14= 139 DMG  
Jinx: ID#115360 BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!) ~ 15*9= 135-53= 82 DMG

Dustin: 281/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC
Jinx: 278/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 18 THRN | 5 RGN | 8-10 Para | 9-10 Bleed

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 85/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 3/3}

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

The boy didn't answer her question, rather he seemed obsessed with Dustin! There was something in his eyes, primal, and utterly terrifying. She didn't even KNOW his name, and he seemed to be out to kill her. The girl glanced at Dustin, and let out a slow breath. She could run, she honestly should. Their attacker was obsessed with her guild mate, and there was every chance he would let her leave but....to leave her friend, her guild mate! He'd been nothing but kind to her, and...she wouldn't...couldn't, leave him behind. She tightened the grip on her shield, right at the boy came right at her and Dustin! 

She took a step forwards, planning to catch everything the boy through at them! However, the plan faltered right as she was hit. She stumbled backwards, letting out a cry of surprise as the blade forces her back! Stumbling, the girl even dropped her weapon as she held onto her shield! She had to focus on her defensive armour, to keep herself protected! The girl glanced up, staring at the boy with anger burning in her eyes, before looking at Dustin! She had to protect him! 

Forcing herself up onto her feet, she ran over to Dustin and stood between him and their attacker "T-this ends now! You hear me, this fight is over! This is pointless, there is no need to be fighting...p-please..." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin: 281/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 85/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 3/3}

Pin’s blade slashes through the air, leaving trails to shoot out and Dustin charged Pin. One of the slashes hit Jinx and made her stumble, so Dustin activated his sword art. He’s dead. I’m killing him here and now. His hand draws back as he rushes towards the child. A red arc comes flying at him and hits him, knocking him back at least twice as far as Jinx stumbled. Landing behind his original spot, Dustin kicks up off the ground like a ninja from the movies. Then Jinx places herself in front of Dustin and starts shouting at Jinx. “He’s a naive child, but a strong one. Get Stryder here so we have a chance of surviving.” He says, reaching out and grabbing her shoulder. “Besides, I’m a higher level than you, you worry about surviving, I’ll worry about taking this kid out.” He moves in front of her, pushing her out of the way a little bit. Please run Jinx. I don’t want you to get hurt. He drops back into his stance and looks Pinball in the eyes. “Don’t hurt her damnit. She hasn’t done anything against you.” Dustin thinks for a moment and stands up straight, looking like he had already won, but without the bravado. He almost looked sorry. “If you let her go you can kill me. Not that you couldn’t if you didn’t let her go, but it would be more work than it’s worth.” He says, looking back towards the girl and mouthing “sorry.”

————————————————————

action taken: All Might on Pinball

ID: 116273

BD: 5 - 4 = 1

(fail)

Dustin: 281/420 HP | 24/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 85/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 3/3}

Edited by Dustin

All the heroic theatrics! How typical! What a joy!! Pinball was starting to enjoy the little show these Corrupted were putting up. Yeah, that's right - less of a fight, more of a show. He would have laughed, but he blinked for a second and everything got all dark and dizzy. Pinball twitched once, twice, and then his mouth twisted into a wonderfully violent snarl. With a self-satisfied snort, Pinball straightened a bit, his stance relaxing. He was, at the moment, wide open - but when was he not? 

"Kill you? Why the hell would I wanna do that?" The scruffy teenager leaned forward, planting the point of his blade in the damp forest floor. Pinball's toothy, sinister grin remained plastered across his face, unwavering as the two Corrupted panicked. "I'm just tryin' to prove a point, yeah? Can't do that if I purge ya." Zomekko left his sword, shadow swirling around his torso and flaring up, enveloping Pinball in a thick black flame. "You're weak. And I'm strong. How does that feel? Do ya get it yet?" Pinball yanked Tyrfing from the dirt and took a step back, fading into nothingness.

A voice whispered from somewhere in the darkness - from within the fog or the bushes or the undergrowth or the surrounding trees. Soft but malevolent, and echoing through the night. 

"On second thought, maybe I should kill you two. Run along an' bring me Stryder, yeah?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Vanish [-3 EN/+1 EN]
Vanish: ID#116541 LD: 14+5+1= 20 
Stealth Rating: 20

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 83/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 1/3}

Edited by Pinball

What was this idiot thinking, saying something so dumb! She wasn't going to leave him behind! She couldn't! She tightened her grip on her shield, she'd...she had to hold! She was a shielder, and had to protect Dustin! Even with everything, the threat to death looming nearby, she wasn' going to simply sit back and let her friend by killed! 

"Dammit it why are you being an idiot Dustin, i'm NOT leaving you...You're my friend, and that means we stand together yeah? A-after all the monsters we've fought together, you...you think i'm just gunna up and leave you! I couldn't do that dammit...d-don't ask me too!" Despite facing her opponent, she was yelling at Dustin. Why did he think she'd do that? She'd never forgive herself if he died because she ran! 

She checked her HP bar. It wasn't looking too bad, and she was getting some life back thanks to her Regen ability but...would it be enough? It had to be, the only alterntive was to die...and she refused to let that happen!

------------------------------------

*Regen activates, +5HP to Jinx*

Jinx: 283/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 18 THRN | 5 RGN | 8-10 Para | 9-10 Bleed

Edited by Jinx
  • 3 weeks later...

Dustin watched as the boy had decided it wasn’t worth it to stay visible to the others. Such a cocky prick, just stay and fight you child. He clenches his fists and listens to Jinx’s yelling. Her intensity was more than he’d ever seen from her, and his hands come up and land on her shoulders. Damn, I mean that much to her? He looks her in the eyes and smiles brightly. “I told you I can handle him. Just please call Stryder please. He’ll definitely be able to handle this kid.” He looks at where the boy was before, and he looks down at the ground. “I shouldn’t have tried to make a deal like that, I’m sorry.” He looks back into her eye and turns towards where the boy was. “Hey! Let her go. She’s done nothing to you, don’t be a child. Prove the others wrong.” He places his fist into his hand. “I’ve got something to prove as well.” He smiles and walks forwards and pulls his fists up.

Dustin’s eyes move through the fog, not looking for the player but instead looking for a way out. He couldn’t see what he was running from so he was likely to run into him by accident. I guess it’s stay and fight for a while. Though, maybe because I can’t see him he can’t see me. He reaches up and pulls his hood up, listening closely for footsteps or anything along those lines. Maybe if I hit him again, Jinx can get out of here and I can hold him off. He looks over at her, remembering what she had just yelled. “No, that won’t work.” He frowns, gettin ready for another attack from the boy.

——————————————

Dustin: 285/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

@Pinball

"Man, you guys are something else." 

Shadows twisted and unfurled to reveal the manic teen, tendrils of fog and smoke condensing and reforming into what vaguely resembled a cat - but this time Zomekko was larger, and its features were a bit more disturbing. As the fight wore on, her eyes seemed to expand, becoming wide and circular while still retaining that pure white emptiness. Her snout stretched grossly into a Cheshire Cat grin, stretching her mouth wider than even a human's should. What seemed like spittle dripped from her fangs, but these droplets dissapear before they hit the ground, not unlike the shadow matter she seemed to be made of.  Her tail thrashed from side to side, and Zomekko stared at everything and nothing with an ugly, perverse glee.

And Pinball sat propped up against a tree next to her, his sword in the dirt, snacking on some Spinach-Artichoke dip. It was gross, but god was he hungry. What the hell did he keep starving himself for, anyway? 

He leaned forward, setting the food aside. "I told you, dumbass. You're weak. Stryder is weak. You're nothing. Neither of you. Nobody is. Nobody except me." He paused, as if he were giving them time to take his words in and maybe come to their own conclusions. But he didn't seem very satisfied with the looks on their faces. "None of you get it," Pinball sighed, yanking Tyrfing's blade free. He muttered to himself then, but quiet enough to where they wouldn't be able to hear him - not that it was intelligent speech anyway. His little mumbles were quick and slurred, but they made perfect sense to him!

"Look, I'll put it through your heads now. Literally." He snorted at that, an inkling of a smile penetrating his no-longer-very-icy demeanor. Pinball pointed his sword at them, and the gold and silver blade once more erupted in a shadowy flame. 

"Please, call Stryder already! I don't care about you two! Nobody does!! You just don't understand that. Lemme make you understand." 

With the excitement setting in now, Pinball treated himself to another happy little grin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Consumed - Spinach-Artichoke Dip: +2 -> +3 EVA [+1 EN]
Pinball is revealed. 

Dustin: 285/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

• 3 weeks later...

Fear....This was truly fear. Jinx had never really understood emotions, but this feeling in her chest. Her heart hurt, each beat felt like something hammering in her chest. It felt as if something was wrapped around her neck, and it hurt. The fear, was overwhelming. She was nothing short of terrified. She couldn't do this! She was so scared, she didn't want to die! And this boy, he was...going to kill her! He was going to end her life, for no reason! Why, why did he want this? 

And then, suddenly, despite being nearly stunned with fear, her brain made it click, and in a moment of what felt like zen, the girl actually lowered her shield a little.

"You're right...We don't matter, and despite what you're saying...I don't believe you want Stryder here. You see us as nothing, yet here you are, fighting us. If we didn't matter...you wouldn't bother waste your time with us"

The girl glanced at Dustin. She wasn't leaving him, and while she was terrified of death and wanted to live. She refused to abandon her friend, and if she was to die with him. While it was not ideal to die...To die with a friend...was that her fate? She hoped that the boy wouldn't kill her, after all. Something about him seemed...off. 

Dustin watched as the boy reappears and starts talking down to the two. Right as he prepared to move, Jinx said something too.

”You’re right... We don’t matter...”

Dustin’s eyes filled with horror as he looks at her. Did she really just say that? What the hell? He turns quickly and without a word starts walking towards her. He doesn’t look happy or uppity in any way. In fact he looks angry. His arms wrap around her gently and he pulls her in for a warm hug. “We do matter. You more than I. I’m not asking you to run, or leave me. I want you to call Stryder.” He pulls out of the hug and opens his menu. “Nevermind, I got it.” He smiles softly at her.

Opening the menu and selecting the friends list, picking Stryder’s name.

Spoiler

@Stryder

He closes his menu and clenches his fists. “Damnit Pinball. You think we care if you care. Your good judgement went out the window when you killed that player.” He turns towards him entirely. “Stop. It doesn’t have to go any further.” He says, rolling up his sleeves like a teenager in middle school. “But by all means, I’m not gonna complain if it does.” A smirk crosses his face.

——————————————————————————

Dustin: 289/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 11 DMG  | 2 EVA | 4 BH | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Pinball: 887/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

@Pinball

The sight of Dustin's player menu was all he needed. In an instant his sword was sheathed, and Pinball whirled around to walk away, opening his own menu instead. 

-Combat End-

He waved dismissively, scrolling down the long list of items, both useful and forgotten. "Well, I'd rather not. I'm done with the both of you now, I think." Zomekko lazily floated onto his shoulders, sporting her usually neutral expression. The sword on the back of his hip disappeared in a blinding flash of blue light, replaced instead by a spear that materialized in his right hand. Immediately, the air around him got colder, the sudden shifting of winds carrying small specks of snow towards Dustin and Jinx. Despite the red leather wrapped around most of the weapon's shaft, it was freezing to the touch - something Pinball was both used to and uncomfortable with. 

This was Cold Fervor. 

"Now we wait. And I can show you what I mean when I say 'none of you matter' when he gets here." 

Pinball propped himself up against one of the trees lining the path. He held up a finger. And then shortly after, another. "Stryder's still pretty much gone all the time, huh? Always was. Not very reliable at all. But let's wait for him. Just keep in mind, every two seconds that pass is what could have been half of your health, if I had actually been in the mood.

"How many times have I killed you already?" 

One, two. 

Three, four. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of Combat Healing: 

EN: 1/2 (Recovery) 
HP: 883+60= 946 HP

Edited by Pinball

The day had gone by softly, sort of. He had woken up and Jinx had been long gone, surprisingly. He had no idea why, but he had to trust she was safe. If not, well... He didn't really feel like thinking about that. It wasn't a pleasant thought, yet, he couldn't help but just have some sneaking suspicion of something wasn't right. He really couldn't place it. So far, he had just done inventory on his very underachiving shop, though it was his fault for barely keeping up with the workload. He had a lot of stuff he could actually be doing, but he wasn't. He needed some air... He walked outside, the night blocking all of his view. He could hear sounds of fighting nearby, probably some players farming for materials. He saw the envelope appear, and then... 

He bolted. He was mentally beatingh ismelf up, WHY, WHY DIDN'T HE CHECK EARLIER! WHY! DAMMIT !!! Silver sprinted out alongside him, having picked up on her companions anger and frustration. Pinball. Of course it was this ass. 

He saw it! He saw Pin there, he a spear out. Dam. He was about as powerful as he was.... If not more. Stry had no idea how strong Pinball had gotten. 

"GET AWAY FROM THEM!" He yells as he bolts in, his fist glowing blue as he smacks into Pin. He wasn't holding back, something he was more than a little worried about. He had remembered the poster at the Aincrad police. He hadn't wanted to believe it. But it was true.

He had a red cursor.

He looked around, seeing two othe- TWO? He saw Jinx... Alisea. His eyes sparked red, he was pissed. Pinball. Had. Hurt. Her. He could see her health, thankfully it wasn't to low. Dustin looked more beat up... He positioned himself between Pin and the two. This would not be an easy fight....

"You guys get back to the shop..." He says as he squares up, fists raised and ready for action.

Spoiler

ID# 118281 results:

Battle: 9

Spoiler

16(base) + 1(Charge) = 17. 17x15(All Might) - 255 DMG to Pinball

Stats -

Spoiler

Stryder: HP 840/840 | 65/82 | 16 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | Concentration - CD 1/3 | 72 Mit

Pinball: 691 HP/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | {Vanish CD: 2/3}

Edited by Stryder