{PP-F22} Guardians of the New Dawn

Even as the 'fight' ended, the fear Jinx felt racing through her heart as she watched the other boy, Pinball, back away. She kept her shield raised, he had already attacked them once out of the blue. If he did it again-

The girl felt a 'wave' through her head. Oh gods, if she got overloaded...Her breathing intensified quite a bit as she worked to calm herself, process the information her brain was analysing and not cripple her in the process. She kept a steady eye, right as Dustin...hugged her. She closed her eyes and crumbled within seconds, collasping onto the ground as tears escaped through her eyes. She was so scared.... "But...if-if we mattered, w-why would he...kill us?" She asked him in a hushed tone, praying for something to keep her alive. 

Thankfully, that something was Stryder. A yell from hell itself going out, as she looked up. The guild leader was between them and Pinball, but still...for them to be fighting...She let out another small wave of tears, even letting her shield hit the ground with a dull 'thud' as it hit the dirt next to the path. Was she....going to survive? She couldn't tell, toight had been an utter enslaught of emotions that the girl was lost, and most importantly, utterly overwhelmed with internal information 

After Dustin sent the message, Pinball had changed, like he knew someone was coming. “You remember that time you helped me get this skill?” Dustin asks. He was genuinely curious. Can a monster like him really have such good memories? He looks down and away, hearing footsteps approach. “What about that night on the lake? Wasn’t too dissimilar to this.” Is he really so bad that won’t matter to him? I wanna know if he can still remember a time when he wasn’t so bad. “You won’t that race.” He smiles fondly on the memory.

Suddenly, Stryder rockets in and a comet trail behind his fist slams into Pinball, and Stryder looks back at the two. Dustin can practically feel the anger pouring out of Stryder. He had no idea who it was directed towards, was it Pinball for disappearing and becoming this? Was it Dustin for letting Jinx get entangled in this mess? Dustin felt like it would be a bit of both, and he felt like he deserved it. “I’m sorry Stryder, I couldn’t beat him.” Dustin says, dejected as he more or less waits for his energy to get back up. It’s my fault, Jinx had to suffer through that because of me. Dustin’s vision drops to the ground. 

He’s right, I don’t matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of nowhere, a fist collided with his stomach - but this time, he had been expecting it. 

Well, partially. 

Pinball wasn't sent sprawling, but he skidded backwards a good seven feet from the impact, kicking up small clouds of dirt under his boots. His hand instinctually went to cover his chest. Standing in front of him were three people now. This new person was none other than the guild leader of the Guardians of the New Dawn, Stryder. 

Pinball's eyes had watched his health drop - and he was made wonderfully aware of the steep decline it took - but he wouldn't kill him that easily, he could tell. A shame, really, considering Pinball would do it without another thought. 

The manic teen spread his arms out, grinning, the chilling sight of the spear enveloped in swaths of shadow. 

"The main event! Here to play hero! Thank you, Styder, for proving my [censored] point!" 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-1 EN/+1 EN] {Well Rested} // +60 HP {Consumed: Crystallized Healing} 
Stryder: ID#124000 BD: 5 (Miss!)  

Stryder: HP 642/840 | 65/82 | 16 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | Concentration - CD 1/3 | 72 Mit

Pinball: 751/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 18 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC 

• 3 weeks later...

He had gotten there in time. He was absolutely furious. Pinball... Attacked them. He had hurt them. He looked at there HP bars. Both in the yellow.. Or close to it. He had gotten here in time... Thank god. He couldn't lose anyone else, if he did... He wouldn't stand it. A small tear fell of his cheek, so glad he got here before something went worse, before he lost more people.  People who meant a lot to him.... Pinball had made a big ******* mistake attacking them. But... 

He heard it, a thud of a shield, he turned his head for a moment, seeing her shield hit the ground, tears going down her face.... He glared at Pinball, noticing he had been knocked away a little, though he wasn't broken yet. Dustin was pretty smashed to, he looked disappointed. Sky was furious with Dustin, how could he let Alisea get into this mess... But it wasn't his fault. Although they didn't talk much, he knew him well enough to know he wouldn't have brought her into this mess intentionally. He dropped to the ground, saying he couldn't beat him... Not much time to focus on that. Pinball was coming at him. His spear was enveloped, and he was screaming  the main event was here...

He snarled, a red spark appearing in his eye as he kicked off the ground, his right leg glowing a hellish red as he closed in. It didn't matter how fast Pin was... He wasn't going to miss. He went for a roundhouse kick, using the sword art Full Cowl to roundhouse his legs off the ground, and then followed it up with a palm strike to knock him away a little, stunning him with a brutal impact. He would be down for a little, he had to take this time to prioritize the guild. He walked over to Jinx first... Alisea. The poor girl, she is crying... He pulled her into his chest, giving her a warm embracing hug. He let out a small tear of his own...

"I'm so glad i made it in time.... I can't lose you too Alisea..." He says as he holds her for a few seconds, knowing that his opponent was stunned for the time being. He let her go after a few moments, giving her the warmest smile he could, a genuine happy smile. He was so mad... But was so glad she was alive. Now, looking at dustin He moves to him, offering a hand up, if he accepts it. 

"Its fine you couldn't beat him. I'm sorry i didn't get here sooner. I can handle it from here" He says to him before turning all his attention back to Pinball. He couldn't let this continue. He changed again, he was furious, focused. He had to defend them, and he now had no time to do anything. 

"Jinx, Dustin. Go back to the shop. I'm going to make sure he can't follow, then i'l join you. I'm trusting you to keep her safe Dustin, its an order. GO" He says with some commanding authority, or at least he attempts to have some. He was dead serious, he was ready for a fight, and he wasn't going to let Pin hurt them anymore.

(Due to time he spent doing these things, if u want we can count the stun having worn off for your turn if u think its fair)

ID# 125120 results:

Battle: 9 - CRIT!

Full Cowl(Stun) (12en) = 16+1x9=153 dmg to Pin... Soz buddy, u stunned :P

Stryder: HP 840/840 | 54/82 | 16 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | Concentration - CD 2/3 | 72 Mit

Pinball: 598/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 18 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC (STUNNED)

Edited by Stryder
  • 4 weeks later...

Alisea could almost taste the fear in the air, and she knew damn well it was coming from her. Everything was terrifying, and she had no idea why! Pinball, Stryder, Dustin...She didn't understand why this was all happening, and she was terrifed! She was weak, too weak to stand up against the player-killer! He could have killed her, over, and over, again and....

The girls spiralling mind continued to get worse and worse, panic eating itself to feed itself. It stopped however, when Struder, her guild-leader, wrapped his arms around her. A snap back to reality and it was almost as if gravity had gone, reality faded as he brought her back from the labyrinth of her own mind. Slowly, the girl recovered her shield and heard his order. To run. Despite the feat that remained...To leave Stryder alone, she couldn't!

"We can't leave...! He's too dangerous, i don't...I don't want anyone getting hurt! Not Dustin, Not you Stryder...Not even him! I don't want anyone else to be hurt, i just want...this to be..." The girl couldn't even finish her sentence, her near crying making it too hard to concentrate on everything around her as she latched onto her shield, as if it were a raft within a hurricane. As if it would protect her against everything that was bombarding against her emotionally. 

Jinx: 283/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 53 MIT | 18 THRN | 5 RGN | 8-10 Para | 9-10 Bleed

Stryder: HP 840/840 | 54/82 | 16 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC | Concentration - CD 2/3 | 72 Mit

Pinball: 598/1040 HP | 84/104 EN | 18 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC (STUNNED)