SAO or Anime Style Profile Picture Request

From my experience, a lot of people will look around for something that fits what they're looking for on something like Google images, pinterest, etc. Many times a person will pick a single 'faceclaim', using one character from something so they have access to multiple pictures, fanart, and so on to use for their SAO-RPG character.

Personally, I have access to an image editing software, so I do a couple of things when picking out pictures for my characters. For Teion, I really just look for an anime picture that fits the basic features I want. Hair length, expression, and such. Then I tweak the colors how I want them (purple hair and blue eyes), so I don't have to be picky about those things when image searching. For a different character I use, Telrenya, I picked Celica from Fire Emblem as her faceclaim, but I also go in and change her hair color from red to blonde in any pictures I use for her on site.

In general, grabbing faceclaims from the actual SAO series is frowned upon (and disallowed for the major canon characters), but if you're looking for something that really fits the genre, maybe try adding 'adventurer', 'warrior', or similar keywords to your searches to get the right clothing, or characters holding weapons.

Hope that helps!

Creating a character can be the hardest part, but it can also be the most fun! If you have a good idea of what you want, then you can go from there easily. Your Backstory doesn't have to be immediately developed IMO, you should take time to learn your character and how he/she works, then you can start to think of HOW they got that way, and you go from there. Plus, IC things that happen will help mold your character, both positively and negatively (Give a bit of warning here), But it makes Roleplaying all the more fun, as your character starts to become truly human, and you grow a bond with your character the longer you play him.

If you have access to Photoshop or GIMP (I believe the latter is free) you can make your own! You can find the download links you would need for the templates and such here.

If you're not so artistically inclined, you can ask around to have someone help you make one for your character. I would recommend posting a status update (if you need help learning about those, just let me know) and seeing if anyone would be so kind. If you can provide your own character/background images and stats, it's not so hard to make.

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, but if you still need help making one after that, I could certainly help you!