[PP-F1] Not So Pointless Fluff <<Easter Trio Boss: Furry>>

Dustin’s hand comes back and he looks at the team. I need to keep going, this hug thing is too distracting. He pulls himself off the ground and up to his feet. “Alright, I’ll try to go again, I just don’t know how to... hit it.” He says, looking a little broken as he pulls his fist up and it begins to glow green. He unenthusiastically runs over and swings at the bunny, missing by a long shot and still staring blankly at the ground. What the hell Dustin? That hug really got to you. His gaze falls on Jinx, and he just looks for a moment. The hug flashes through his mind, and he thinks for a moment. Why can’t I get that out of my head. He walks over to Jinx, pulling out a cookie, this cookie has icing and flower sprinkles on it. “Want a snack? You’ve done great as the tank so far.” He offers the snack and smiles at her softly, the light in his eyes returning for a moment. He tilts his head in an endearing manner, like he was offering his best friend a snack, cause he was.

Spoiler

ID: 117866

BD: 3 - 1 = 2 (Miss)

[H:4] Mace 260/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 360/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG>
[H:1] Dustin: 440/440 HP | 22/44 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H:3] Mishiro: 100/100 HP | 7/10 EN | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 Bleed

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: 46/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | [BLEED 1/2] [Stun 0/1]

@Mishiro

Edited by Dustin
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furry broke out of its stun, leaving Mace yelling in frustration as her warhammer struck empty ground. The team's morale - which had previously been uplifted - was beginning another steady, downward descent as the bunny displayed its superior speed with a couple of quick hops. It almost seemed that with every attack they connected, they would miss three in turn. 

Realistically though, it wasn't as simple as a system generating numbers based on a predetermined pattern.

"Don't go for the flank." 

But the boy had already taken off. Following Mace's orders, Mishiro followed closely after him. Furry cleanly avoided Dustin's punch and skirted around the DPS player with two quick hops. It was clear who the event mob was going for. The small purple bunny bunched up its short legs - and had to throw itself back as the head of an axe slammed against the ground in front of it. It came up too short, too early, but did at least half of its job by cutting off Furry's path. Another round of <<Bleed>>, and the little mob continued its temporary retreat. It looked cautiously at the team. Furry's HP was practically just a sliver of red now, in comparison to what it had earlier.

She glanced at their main DPS's weary expression and figured - they needed to regroup.

"Don't just make direct attacks; anticipate its movements," she advised simply. Dull gray eyes were fixated on Dustin as she approached the team. All she could offer, for now, were words of advice from what she'd observed. "It's clearly too fast for us. So when you're attacking, pay less attention to where it is now and more on where it will be. " 

Spoiler

ID: 117876 | BD: 5 - 2 = 3 | MD: 1

[H:4] @Mace: 260/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 360/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG>
[H:3] Mishiro: 100/100 HP | 6/10 EN | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 Bleed

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: 34/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | [BLEED 0/2]

Edited by Mishiro

As the Battle went on I got quite a bit frustrated with this thing as it seemed to be stupidly fast. Looking at it now I may have given wrong advice and tactics but no matter what it was it was not how to take this on. No, it was not because I gave the wrong Tactics, it was just pure luck of the enemy as most of the party was just slow with its attacks. Mace and Jinx with their Shield and Weapon, Mishiro having that big Battle axe with no experience into it, and Dustin was just a bit slower on landing his hits on a smaller target as u really needed to focus... Focus, that was it. Mace nodded her head a bit and looked at the bunny. "Dustin, Mishiro, We are not at fault here. The Enemy is focusing on our movement and it knows when we are hitting, Like last time it was caught off guard by Jinx attacking and that is why we landed out hits. If we start moving more and we do surprise movements we can get it off guard and hit it." I said from the other side of the battlefield looking as the bunnies eyes went over to Dustin and his movement as it was not only focused at Jinx at all.

Spoiler

ID:  No Action Taken

[H:4] @Mace: 260/260 HP | 12/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 360/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG>

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: 34/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | [BLEED 0/2]

@Jinx

Jinx tried to focus on the battle plan, and if she had, it would have made sense to the girl. The enemy was extremely agile, and so they needed to outsmart is since they're never be able to out fast it. Surely they'd eventually catch it unprepared and be able to cut it down, all they needed was another stun to connect. Or at least, this is what the girl would be thinking if Dustin hadn't whole-heartidly distracted her with the one thing in this world that the girl truely adored and loved. Food. 

At the mere sight of the cookie, the girl licked her lips. It looked, delicious! Without any hesitation, the girl placed her weapon on her side and extended her hand to accept the cookie! "That looks...so tasty! Thank you so much Dustin!" Smiling brightly at her friend, the girl did what came naturally when she saw food. She ate, and as she chomped away on the cookie, she completely forgot she was on a battlefield with a monster trying to hurt her! Smiling brightly after completely demolishing the food, she tilted her head to the side a little "I'll find a way to repay you...that cookie was amazinggg"

As she was speaking, she heard another voice. Maces. She turned towards the other tank player, and that's when it clicked. She was  in the middle of a battle, and wasn't tracking the enemy anymore...oops?

------------------------------------

Action: None Taken

[H:4] @Mace: 260/260 HP | 12/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt

Jinx’s smile makes Dustin smile himself, which confused him a little as he turned and drew his fist back, the hand glowing green and his eyes narrowing on the bunny. He runs towards it and he tries to hit it in the face. “Let’s get this done, I’ve got something to do after this.” He takes his swing, missing narrowly and displacing a serious amount of fluff and spinning, landing within striking distance again. “I can keep doing this for a little bit longer before I can’t attack anymore.” He pulls his hood down, having completely distracted himself from the hug. However his mind stayed affixed on the moment from before. That smile stuck in his mind just enough to keep his lips turned upwards in a smile of his own.

He began to wonder if they’d be able to do this in time for Dustin to restock his snack supply. Of course, he also had to visit Kadin after this and he had to train and get stronger.

Spoiler

ID: 117907

BD: 5 - 1 = 4

miss

Spoiler

[H:4] Mace: 260/260 HP | 12/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt

Edited by Dustin
Neither of the tanks moved. Mishiro paused to listen with her axe rested on the ground at her side. Dustin broke off from the group and rushed the mob with another frontal attack. She lifted her axe and was right behind him, searching for an opportunity to make an opening for her teammate - but her steps faltered when the small purple bunny moved back and out of Dustin's reach. 

She thought they had settled this already. They weren't getting anywhere with this approach.

A few displaced puffs of cloud gently fell to the ground, left behind by the Easter bunny continuing its temporary retreat. It didn't take long for the team to realize why. 

From the thick mass of clouds covering its fur, Furry pulled out a Creme Egg and chomped down on the sweet treat. Fully energized and buffed, the rabbit bunched up its little legs and jumped, higher than it had ever gone before. For a moment, its cloudlike body appeared to be floating - flying up to join the rest of the clouds in the bright blue sky. 

Then it reached its peak and dropped like a stone.

Mishiro left her axe behind and launched herself to the air.

The ground shook, the grass blew back as the Easter bunny fell. A shockwave traveled outwards from its point of impact to the field, damaging all but the girl who was in midair. Dustin, who was closest to the attack, took the most damage.

Mishiro landed on both feet and retrieved her axe.

Spoiler

ID: 117908 | BD: 5 - 2 = 3 | MD: 5 + 2 = 7 | CD: 12

50 - 53 = 1 DMG on Jinx

Thorns procs.

<<Rabbit Rampage>>
ID: 117909 | MD: 8 | 50 - 47 = 3 DMG on Mace
ID: 117910 | MD: 9 | (50 + 10) - 14 = 46 DMG on Dustin
ID: 117911 | MD: 2 + 2 = 4 

[H:4] @Mace: 257/260 HP | 12/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 359/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG>
[H:1] Dustin: 394/440 HP | 21/44 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: 16/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA |

Abilities

• <<Creme Egg Power>>: On an MD roll of 9-10, Furry will eat a Creme Egg adding 10 DMG on a roll of 9, and 15 on a roll of 10.
  • <<Bunny Frenzy>>: On a CD roll of 9-10, Furry will use both of its legs to hit the player down with the highest hate adding “Paralysis” to its attack.
  • <<Rabbit Rampage>>: On a CD roll of 11-12, Furry will hop on the ground causing an earthquake effect adding “Area of Effect” to its attack (Does need to roll for each player.)

Edited by Mishiro

It was getting quite hard now, everyone was at least lower than their normal Energy and soon we had to get some rest. I was slowly getting tired a bit as well but I did not want to run like it always have done. Now its time to prove myself, as I was getting ready to attack. But before anything, the Bunny jumped up and I looked at it as I knew what was going to happen, "AoE Incoming!!" I shouted before it landed and placed my shield on the ground. To make sure I did not get damaged so much at all.

As the AoE was over I looked at everyone's HP and gave out a small sigh, Lucky for us we can take a hit like that and as it seems like Mishiro was luck to jump up from the attack and avoid it. I was at least happy this went good but looking over how Dustin's HP bar dropped I just felt a bit that I fail the group as we could have done this way and way faster. After that small thouhgt, I ran up to the Bunny trying to hit it as it was getting close to me, as it Yet again jumped on my shield but this time it kept my balance not falling to the ground like before. 

Spoiler

ID: 117924 BD: 4-2=2 Miss

[H:4] Mace: 257/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 359/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG>

@Jinx

Edited by Mace

The monster had an area of effect attack! Jinx could only watch as Furry hit Mace and Dustin with its attack! Hopefully they hadn't taken too much damage, and as long as Furry did its 'job' of focusing her, they'd be fine! She glanced over her shoulder, it didn't seem they the attack had his them tooo hard. She nodded to herself, so far....so good. Placing her Rapier on her belt, the girl gripped her shield to ensure she would last the battle. Offense wasn't her style, to be a rock was...

"Keep attacking, it's low!" She yelled spotting the HP bar sinking into the red, they could do this! "A-a few more hits and we've got this!" The girl glanced behind her, specifically at Dustin. Even now, she didn't understand that boy at all. He seemed too happy, often masking sadness with it. To feel such a bombardment of emotions seemed terrifying, yet he took it in stride and refused to bend a knee. Maybe...maybe she could learn emotions from the boy? He was, after all, overflowing with them. The girl took a step towards her friend, before remembering...they were in a fight, and turning her attention to the monster

------------------------------------

Action: None.

Regen Activates, 5HP recovered

[H:4] Mace: 257/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt

Dustin’s feet remained planted firmly on the ground as everyone was talking about what to do, it was getting annoying, them acting like they’ve been there and seen a relatively weak boss. Sometimes plans don’t go down perfectly, but you have to at least try and remain a team. He had thought about the demon who managed to kill two girls less and less recently and that was beginning to show. He was finally getting over the whole “barely being a use to the team” thing. Well, I should get back into the fight. He pushes his feet into the ground and feels a slight rumbling, but ignores it. He rushes towards the boss and tries to leap up and match the bunny, but his ankle buckles from the violent quake of the dirt under it. His glowing green fist slams right into the ground, kicking up an anthill’s worth of dirt and displacing it a good 10 feet in the air.

Standing back up, the boy jumps back and lands a short distance from the monster, trying to avoid another attack like that. My HP is fine, but that can get annoying if I don’t make sure to kill it first. He had missed so much, and the last few days were really getting to him, especially with what he planned to do in the next few days. He begins to wonder if he is even ready to try and arrest the man. I’m gonna need the others there, especially if I can’t hold my own against a [censored] rabbit. His gaze falls down and lands on the gloves that wrap his hands. These are supposed to make me stronger, but damn, I don’t feel like I can carry my own wait, let alone all of theirs in a fight like this.

Jinx had stared at Dustin for a bit, but Dustin hadn’t noticed. Nor had he noticed himself staring back no more than a few moments after she turned back towards the beast. A smile forms on his lips and he clenches his fists. “Guess I’ve still got a little fight left in me.”

Spoiler

ID: 117930

BD: 6 - 1 = 5

(miss)

Spoiler

H[:4] Mace: 257/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:1] Dustin: 394/440 HP | 20/44 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: 16/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA |

@Mishiro

Edited by Dustin
--Accident or none, his attack wouldn't have landed anyway. Furry took to the air and was quickly moving out of striking distance when the boy had activated his Sword Art. "Tch...!" Her glare appeared to be directed to the mob. Upon witnessing yet another reckless charge with no sense of strategy, her calm demeanor was beginning to crumble. If they ever had the chance to speak, she would have a few choice words to offer him. But - breathing in, and out - she looked away from Dustin and up at the mob still in midair.

Mishiro raced after the Easter bunny, holding one hand over her eyes as protection and her axe in the other. Closing in, she dropped her hand to hold her weapon in a tight grip and swung. Furry, still in midair and temporarily blinded by the spray of dust, failed to dodge. Her axe cleaved through its fur, leaving a long, deep cut at its torso.

Another <<Bleed>> inflicted.

The small purple bunny swayed on its feet as it landed. Furry seemed to pause and stare at the team for a few moments, though what ran through the AI's head was a mystery. It shook the dust off its fur and rocketed towards Jinx, hopping over Mishiro and Mace. Furry jumped high into the air once again, spun, and slammed down on the tank's raised shield with a kick that was strong enough to knock her a few inches backward and stun her. 

Jinx's Thorns activated. With a bright flash, the little rabbit's body disintegrated into intangible red data shards.

It was over.

Mishiro stood aimlessly still for a few moments before it settled into her. She looked at the rewards pop-up and procured a small, round object. It was a colorful Easter egg made of plastic - much like the type that would normally be found in grocery stores - and twisting it open gave another rewards window. She struck her axe against the ground and quickly read through her loot before dismissing the window. This was more than enough.

Dustin, Mace, and Jinx received the same Easter Egg. Jinx was still <<Paralyzed>>, but the last hit reward had gone to her.

Truly an anticlimactic end for a drawn-out battle. 

Spoiler

ID: 117934 | BD: 9 | MD: 4 + 2 = 6 | CD: 10

1 DMG on Furry. Bleed procs.

1 DMG on Jinx. <<Bunny Frenzy>> procs. Thorns procs.

[H:4] @Mace: 257/260 HP | 11/26 EN | 4 DMG | 47 MIT | 1 Taunt
[H:8] Jinx: 359/360 HP | 1/36 EN | 53 MIT | 2 THRN <18 DMG> | 1 REGEN <5HP> | 2 PARA <8-10> | 1 BLEED <9/10, 12 DMG> [Paralyzed]
[H:1] Dustin: 394/440 HP | 20/44 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH
[H:5] Mishiro: 100/100 HP | 8/10 EN | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 2 Bleed

<<Furry, Fluffy Avenger>>: -14/250 HP | 50 DMG | 25 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | [1/2 Bleed]

Abilities

• <<Creme Egg Power>>: On an MD roll of 9-10, Furry will eat a Creme Egg adding 10 DMG on a roll of 9, and 15 on a roll of 10.
  • <<Bunny Frenzy>>: On a CD roll of 9-10, Furry will use both of its legs to hit the player down with the highest hate adding “Paralysis” to its attack.
  • <<Rabbit Rampage>>: On a CD roll of 11-12, Furry will hop on the ground causing an earthquake effect adding “Area of Effect” to its attack (Does need to roll for each player.)

Last-Hit Drop (Goes to Jinx)

• Devil's Egg [Unique Item] - Changes the type of an item as long as applicable. Example: OHSS -> THAS

ID: 117935 | LD: 9

Mishiro's Loot

• 2000 Col
  • 15 T1 Materials

Edited by Mishiro

Looking at how the battle went I felt that with just one more hit no matter what the Bunny would have to kill itself. As it then Jumped up to deal the last hit on Jinx as it bounced off her shield and the HP bar dropped to 0. I gave out a small sigh and looked around Jinx was paralyzed Dustin was as always trying to eat his way out and the other girl seemed to hate the fact that this game really has no tactics even with how good Mace was trying to get this battle going.

Looking at my hammer for a second I gave up standing and fell to my knees, Even tho my body was not tired but my mind was. And yet I did not feel joy for victory as this battle was taken to long and I fail the party as stun tank and tactician as well. "I tried so hard, yet I still fail... How can I even fix my life If I don't get the option to do so," I said low looking at my hammer. I placed my shield into my inventory and went with my hand through my hair removing the flowers from the fall during combat, as I do so I look at the white flower I pull out and sigh, just like snow, I better leave before they yell at me for failing, I thought, getting up from my feet and to look away from the group and to the outside of the forest, Something was stopping me but I did not know what.

@Jinx @Dustin @Mishiro

( If mace is not stopped she will leave Next post )

• 3 weeks later...

A hybrid of feelings hit the girl at the same time. A panic as she felt her body going limp and she hit the ground, her breathing increasing as she felt a lack of control over her own body, and yet, excitement as the monster exploded on her shield. It was the first time when her shield had successfully killed a monster, yet part of her brain knew it was her battle. A frontliner had taught her this, and...she had to remember that whenever she fought. A war of attrition, where she would also out-last her opponent. 

Resting on the ground, the girl made an attempt to lift herself up. Sitting on the ground, the girl placed her Rapier into her inventory and looked around. The other girl seemed to be leaving, yet she made no attempt to stop her. Mace didn't seem to look like she liked her. She looked over at Mishiro and Dustin, and smiled a little, fidgetting with her classes.

"Well...At least no one died. I'm sorry i couldn't keep its focus on just me, i didn't realize it had an area strike" Jinx had always assumed if she was doing her job properly, no one would get hurt. But maybe that's impossible, but if she did what she needed to do. Then maybe that's all that mattered.    

@Dustin

• 3 months later...

She dismissed her rewards windows and curiously peeked into the Easter bunny's burrow. Nothing of note. 

Turning back to the rest of her team, Mishiro assessed the aftermath. The long battle seemed to have taken its toll on everyone, in more ways than one. Dustin was silent. Mace cast her gaze down at the ground and mumbled something Mishiro couldn't quite catch. She drew closer to the group and held out a hand to Jinx, who was struggling to get up as her paralysis wore off.

"It's fine," she assured the shielder as she pulled her up. "You defended well against single target attacks. As a tank, there's really nothing you can do against AoEs." Other than locking a mob down with a constant string of paralysis and stun effects. Considering the inconsistency of the former effect, it was virtually impossible.

Mishiro tucked her hands into her coat pockets and tilted her head.

"Now then, shall we go back?"

❄❄❄

THREAD SUMMARY

@Dustin@Jinx@Mace, Mishiro
  • 2 SP
  • 200 Col

@Arabelle

• 1 SP