[PP - F1] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Haltar looked at where Hazado was pointing, hoping he had seen something he had missed. Unfortunately, there was nothing at that point, just more common grass.
"A whole day, eh? Then I'm not going so bad!" In the meantime, he continued to look around while standing, trying to find something from a different perspective, also because he didn't want to get crouched immediately. Finding nothing, he moved to the edge of the tall grass.
"Right now I have no one yet to protect here... I just want to get stronger and get out of here. Ale is a childhood friend of mine, we've known each other for a lifetime. Now we live far away, but we always kept in contact with each other. It was he who made me try the NerveGear... If he hadn't done that, he'd probably be here in my place..." Looking back on the circumstances in which he arrived there, Haltar saddened by a moment. He wanted to at least let him know that he was fine, that he didn't have to worry...

Roll ID: 116199
LD: 7 (Herbs Not Found, 4/5 Collected)
@Hazado

Edited by Haltar Dhrim
  • 2 weeks later...

hearing what Haltar had to say, Haz looked down for a bit knowing quite a few people who should not be here at all. Walking over to Haltar and towering over him a bit, Haz places his hand on his shoulder. "A Lot of us weren't supposed to be here. I myself Know one sort person, A bit younger than me, Great friend, yet... Highly carefree spirit. She is joyful as all yet scared of a lot of things. She should not have been here if It was not for us getting her on this game, Now they left her and she stands alone. Yet I keep watch to protect her, However, she seems to do better in protecting herself with that oversized Katana of hers," Haz said with a small grin on his face looking down to Haltar. "Always remember, If the weak can't protect, U will be their sword until they can stand themselves. I can see from the way your look, that u will be a great man that wants to help others, and I will allow you to keep going like that," He said to Haltar removing his hand from his shoulder.

@Haltar Dhrim

While Haltar was lost in his memories, Hazado approached Haltar. His presence was reassuring, despite being younger than him. The battles he had faced must have made him much more mature than a normal boy of his age. His words were inspiring for Haltar, giving him new confidence.

"Thank you very much, Hazado. I can see you've been through a lot. You look like a nice guy too. I'll definitely come to visit your guild, I'll be happy to help you out!"
At that moment, Haltar noticed the last grass he needed. In his enthusiasm, he reached out with a sudden gesture, risking to tear it and lose the material. As soon as the confirmation message popped out, he jumped up. "Yes, finally! Now we can go back!"
Before setting out to return to the city, he turned to Hazado. "Thank you so much for accompanying me, it was nice to have you along. Do you want to accompany me up to Zackariah? It shouldn't take long."

Roll ID: 117035
LD: 16 (Found 5/5 Herbs! Now back to Zackariah!)

@Hazado

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

Haz looked over to Haltar tilting his head a bit, "I hear that a lot from time to time, But thanks I guess," He said to Haltar thinking of what he said a bit. Seems like lots of people liked Haz for some reason, Was it because of his helpful nature or just because of what he said to them just to make them happy. Either way, he knew that something was always the same, people looked up to him, literally. As Haltar then spotted the next materials Haz knew it was time to go back to the city and get the quest done. "Well I don't know, I may just walk with u back as I already went into the trouble of getting you here. But I have to see what I do after this tho, Not sure." He said to Haltar looking over to the way they came from knowing this place all to well and knowing that the next quest was going to be the first combat for anyone ever. Just as it would be for sure. at least for the normal people who did not start grinding right away.

@Haltar Dhrim

Haltar, seeing Hazado undecided about what to do, hastened to respond him, waving his hands in front of himself. "Ah, sure, I don't mean to force you! If you have other things to do you can go, of course."
That said, he began to walk towards the city, which was not so far from there. "Well, in the meantime we can go in that direction then."
The journey back to the city went on smoothly as the sky turned orange. By now the sun was setting. Once near the city gates, Haltar opened the menu as he was walking. "Before saying goodbye, I would like to ask you for friendship, to keep in touch. So I will be able to message you when I'm ready to join your guild. I intend to train for myself a little more before sending you the request, so that I can know some other player." After a few seconds, he sent the friend request to Hazado.
After crossing the gates and reaching the main crossroad, Haltar stopped and turned to Hazado. "Well, from here I think I can go on alone. If you wish, we can say goodbye here." he said, offering Hazado his hand and smiling at him.

@Hazado

(Sorry been a bit busy and forget about this)

Haz walked next to Haltar as he was speaking Haz looked down to Haltar and nodded, "Well Good, I keep in touch for sure, No reason to cut it off right now. Just send a friend request and I will accept it, U can send me a message anytime. And If you cant send me one, it would be either I'm in a dungeon with a tracker block or just not around anymore. But sure." Haz said accepting the friend request as soon as it came in. Haltar Dhrim, what a name, Well I have seen some weirder once for sure, Haz though to himself as he looked at the stats. Getting to the crossroad Haltar spoke to Haz again and he looked at him for a moment, "Well yeah guess it is then, just send a message if help is needed or come to floor 7 where I have my home and our temporary guild base." Haz said holding out his hand for a friendly goodbye shake and once that is done move away into the wilderness of floor 1 again and hope to find the thing he was looking for before meeting Haltar.

@Haltar Dhrim

"Thanks Hazado, see you soon!" Haltar said as soon as Hazado shook his hand. He followed him with his eyes as he walked away to return to the fields outside the city for a few seconds, then turned to go back to Zackariah's shop.
<I am really happy to have met someone who could give me advice on what to do in this world right away. Surely we'll meet again.> He thought as he walked through the door of the store. He found the old man still behind the counter, setting up potions on the shelf.
"Oh, look who's here!" Zackariah said turning to see who had entered. "How was the search?"
"Well, it took a while... But in the end I did it." Haltar answered, smiling at the shopkeeper.
"Hmm, good! Good work, boy. Now, for the next lesson. This way." Zackariah opened the door to the back room and invited Haltar to follow him to the other side.
The back of the store was a little more messier than the front: open boxes, shelves with full and empty bottles, and in a corner there was a desk full of stills and other laboratory tools. Zackariah approached the desk. "Well, now with the herbs you picked, we'll try to create a healing potion. Here, I'll show you how."

Spoiler

Roll ID: 117898
CD: 4 (Success, Uncommon Potion Created)

The old man patiently explained to Haltar the basics of alchemy to create the required potion: take an herb, crush it and mix it with other reagents he had in the laboratory, then put it in a bottle and cook the solution in a bain-marie for half an hour. While Zackariah instructed the boy, he did what he was told. Finally, he managed to get a bottle containing a pale green liquid. Zackariah examined it for a few seconds.
"Hmm ... Well, boy, quality isn't the best, but considering it's your first time, I'd say you did well." he decreed with a smirk. "You will notice that you only used one of the herbs you collected. You can keep the other herbs, so you can practice. If you need a laboratory, you can come here for the first few times." He paused, then spoke again. "Now, I would have a small favor to ask. Should I deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, he is a blacksmith, his shop is not far from here. Can you do it, please?"
"Of course, no problem. After all, you taught me a lot today!" answered Haltar.
"Thank you very much! I'm going to take the package immediately, then." Zackariah took one of the boxes closed in a corner of the warehouse and handed it to Haltar. "Ah, I forgot! These are for you, as a starting gift for your adventure." he said putting another box on top of the one just delivered, a little smaller. "Inside you will find some potions of various types, they will be useful to you. Now go, before Lyle decides to go home!"
"Oh! Thank you very much, really!" Haltar said, surprised at this gift. He turned and headed for the exit. "See you then, good evening!" and left the shop.

Lyle's shop was a normal one seen from the outside, except for the huge fireplace at the back of the building. Inside, the air was a little warmer than outside.
"Er... Good evening! I have a package for Mr. Lyle Tealeaf, from Zackariah!" Haltar said aloud, not seeing anyone at the counter. A moment later, he heard footsteps coming from the back.
"Oh! Finally, it was time! That old man took it easy, this time!" A man about the same age as Zackariah entered from the back door, with soot-covered work clothes. "Put it there on the counter, boy. Now I have a favor to ask you." he said firmly, as if Haltar had come there on purpose to help him.
The second request of the tutorial would start shortly thereafter.

Edited by Haltar Dhrim