[OP-F2] Farewell World

[OOC: So I had this "Random Number Gen" thing and if the number landed within a certain area then my character would attempt to end her life. Wouldn't you look at that, the second I get back I roll just the right number. But yeah, if your character wants to save a life (or end one), here is your chance]

Message all on Friend’s List:
Subject: Farewell
To: @Ennakai, @Huginn, @Kimihito, @Neopolitan, @Hazado
Message: I'm glad that I met you guys, but I wish none of you met me. I’m not going to see you again anytime soon.  I’m sorry for any distress this causes but you’ll forget about me, eventually, I hope. Kimihito, you were a great friend, a kind friend. Huggin, you remind me of me, only your stronger. Neo and Hazado, I’m sorry, I know you must have been excited that I join up, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. Ennakai, your books were full of intellect and fun to read, I read through the floor guide before I went to bed, though it didn't amount to anything in the long run. All of you were nice, happy, and I almost wish we could have spent more time together. But all things have to come to an end, so, sorry. Funny, now I realize the soon to be irony of my username. But don’t worry about me, I’ll just slow you down. So, goodbye, hope you guys live long happy lives.

Jade tapped “Send”, the wind sending a chill down her spine. She closed her menu, the wind sending a chill down her spine. The sun hid behind the clouds as if it knew exactly what was about to happen, ashamed of something so dark and sinister happening in broad daylight. A dark shadow passed over everything, including the girl a few feet from the edge. Deciding whether or not to jump into the ravine, leading to her swift demise. A cold breeze blew her brown hair delicately behind her. She stood at the edge, with tears in her eyes. "Why is it so hard? I just need to take a few steps forward, and no one will ever have to worry about me ever again. I don’t have to fake it anymore. With all these benefits for everyone else. Why can’t I do it? Everyone will be far better off without me here. I’m just a burden to them. A nobody, no, a parasite, sucking the life out of everyone by wasting their time and effort that could have been used on someone that actually matters. Someone who isn’t me…" Jade said, tying to work out the courage to jump. Her gray scarf fluttering in the breeze. "Just do it! Why is this so hard!" She forced her right leg to make one step forward. Her whole body was shaking. She didn’t really want to die, but it just seemed like a way out, and she thought about it for so long that it just seemed like a reasonable solution after a while. It felt like freedom was near. She could do it, she just had to give in. But something was holding her back, what was it? She has nothing to live for, no purpose to complete, no lesson to learn, this was supposed to be the end. Her end.

Edited by Ghost

Huginn received a message from someone he hadn’t spoken too in a long time. Ghost? Wow, I can’t remember... the subject line send a spark of pain into his chest. Of course he barely knew her, but for someone to take their own life and tell everyone like this hurt Shiro. He frantically went through the second floor and around the edge of the second floor as fast as he possibly could. His eyes landed on so many people jumping off the edge, walking only to find this one person, every person jumping breaking his heart just a little bit.

By the time Huginn had reached the girl on the ledge his eyes were filled with tears. The little light hidden behind the sun sent out starbursts and the water in his eyes distorting his view just slightly. “DON’T DO IT!” His voice quakes as he shouts towards the girl, yet it retained it’s volume and power. The usually timid boy sounded angry and pained, but not aggressive. “Listen, I know how painful this world can be. I know how hard it is thinking you’re alone, and I know it’s cliche, but you’re not alone. Even up there on the ledge you’re not alone. I saw upwards of five people end their lives as I was looking for you. Please, don’t do this.” He cant help but drop to his knees and put his hands together. “I’ve found myself up there before, I was too scared to take the jump. If you’re not then you would’ve done it already. I had no one here to come and stop me, please, don’t make my survival for nothing.” He presses his forehead to the ground. “Please don’t do this.” He cries, hoping his words will at least make her rethink this decision.

@Ghost

Edited by Huginn

"STOP!" came a deep commanding baritone rumble. "What makes you think your life is something that belongs to you take or throw away at a whim? Your life doesn't belong to you. Your life belongs to those around you, those that it has touched. Your life is theirs not your own. To take your own life is to steal that which belongs to others." the deep baritone rumbled with palpable conviction and resolve. The voice exuded strength and confidence. The voice bolstered those that heard it. "Would you be do selfish as to take from another that which belongs to them?" the deep baritone continued. "What makes you think you deserve that which belongs to another more than they? ANSWER ME!"the deep voice commanded. "Explain why you are so much more deserving than they are. Instead, live your life so that others may rejoice in it and revel in it and take sustenance and support in it. Your life is meant to bring love and support and strength to others not yourself."

Symphony was wandering around on floor two, lost on the floor once more when she heard loud voices close by. She wandered closer and saw a female player standing close to the edge of a ravine, it looked as though she was about to jump. She waited in the shadows, observing the people trying to stop the woman. Symphony heard what the men were saying and sighed. She walked through the noise and past the helpless ones until she was standing side by side next to the woman at the edge of the cliff. She looked down. "Huh, I wonder if it would feel any differently falling in this world than in the real world." She put her hands in her pockets and blocked out the noise of the two players behind her, staring straight ahead while continuing to talk to the woman. "I attempted in the real world. I know the feeling that pulls you down. You feel nothing and everything at the same time, don't you." She sighed. "I tried with pills. Horrible way to do it. Stomach pumped and everything, gah one of the worst ways to try and go." She looked down into the ravine. "Though this way. It would be quicker. But..." she paused. "It would be boring." As she said this, she turned to look the woman in the eyes with her own. "But you don't want that. You don't know what you want. You need a reason to live." Symphony smiled. "Well, I'll give you one: to be free. As long as you are alive, you are free. As long as you are fighting, you are free. Why take a quick, boring way out and end a short chapter of your life when you can actually experience stuff." 

She pulled a cookie out of her hand and handed it to the woman. "Here, something to eat. Munch on it while I speak." Symphony then looked back ahead, staring at something that wasn't there. "This world was created as a prison. But it holds great beauty inside of it still. Just like the real world. There is still so much beauty to see... wouldn't it be boring and drab to miss out on all the things you could see, all the food you could taste, all the memories you could make. I know... it hurts right now. The feeling will not leave for quite some time. Trust me, I know. But if you decide to live, you won't regret it." Symphony turned to the woman. "It would be a shame for such a young life to end early. I advise that you rethink this rash decision." And with that, she finished speaking. 

Ennakai was being busy in her shop making some crafts, Until getting a message from someone. It was Jade, reading into the message a bit his face turned from his normal look to a quite shocked one. Everything in his hands dropped and with that, he stormed out his workshop and into his store  and right out of his store as well, He did not even bother to change into some normal clothing as he was still wearing his crafting clothing, being a white shirt black pants and a half glass with zoom function in it. Running as fast to the teleporter of Floor 4 he went and looked up the coordination of Jade finding that she was on Floor 2. He did not want to believe it and teleported to floor 2.

Once tracking the combinations Enna took a full-on sprint to them "Don't do this Jade, Please Don't I will get inside that thick head of yours," He said low as he was running with full speed. Once getting to the coordination he saw the scene, It seems people already got there and Enna started to get tears in his eyes, "JADE!" He yelled out to Ghost walking up to the front a bit, Enna looked tired out of breath and his long hair was really blowing up by all the running he just did. "Please, Don't... whatever you do don't, I made a promise to myself to follow you everywhere, All you had to do was ask, and..." He paused wiping away the tears of his face, "If you jump, I WILL FOLLOW YOU!" He yelled out to her. Enna looked really upset and tears kept running down, "U showed me the trust of the person I really am... U ... off all people I would be friends with, YOU Made me look past something, U are the one I care about No amount of Col or Information can change that, I will even give up my job as Info Broker just to be with you," He said as tears fell down his cheek.

@Ghost

Edited by Ennakai

Jade took one more step forward, both feet now lingering on the edge. She took a deep breath. “I guess this is it…” She paused. “Goodbye worl-” “DON’T DO IT!” A voice called out. Jade took a step back, turning around, both in shock and surprise. Jade watched in agony as Huggin approached, begging her not to jump. She waited for him to finished, she forced a smile that contradicted her tears. “I forgot to turn location off, didn’t I?” Her smile turned into a frown. “I can’t even kill myself correctly.” She wipped her tears away using her sleeve. “I-I just… I just want it to stop… I want the pain to go away…” Her eyes became hazy again. “It hurts, so much…” A single tear rolled down her cheek. “I-I didn’t think you’d care. Sorry…” She forced the same smile, which quickly turned to shock as another player entered. “STOP!” He yelled. Jade didn’t recognize him, perhaps he had been listening to the conversations and decided to step in? The man continued to speak. “I-I… I’m…” Jade stuttered. “I-I was…” Jade stopped for a few moments, and waited for the man to finish. “I-It’s not like my life matters. I’m just a blip c-compare to everything else. I can’t support anything, even myself, I just wear people down, I-I’m doing everyone a service.” Jade spoke, trying to defend herself. Jade turned back around, standing at the edge once again, she took a deep breath. She wipped away another tear. Staring down into the chasm below. Jade looked back up, she could sense someone beside her. Jade turned her head. She didn’t recognise her, another bystander? Jade felt utterly embarrassed, if she had just been a little smarter, no one would have found where she was. The stranger spoke. Jade recalled how it felt to fall here, just like the real world, except hitting the floor is followed by disorientation, but no pain was involved. Though Jade remained silent. The stranger spoke again. Jade nodded slightly, then looking down at the chasm again. Everything and nothing… That's a good way to describe what she was feeling. Jade accepted the cookie hesitantly. She didn’t want to take it if she was going to die anyway. Jade fell silent as the stranger continued, Jade waited for her to finish. “I-I… I-I’m not strong enough. I can’t… I can’t bear this anymore.” Jade finally spoke, tears filling her eyes again. Another voice, this one she recognised. Jade turned around again. “H-Hi Enna…” Jade forced a smile. Jade listened to him, a frown crossed her face, her brow furrowed, tears streamed from her eyes. “T-that’s… That’s not fair!” Jade spoke, trying to wipe away her tears, though she failed due to the sheer amount. “NO!” Jade cried. “You weren’t supposed to worry! You were supposed to go on without me! Every morning I look into the mirror and hate who is staring back at me. Every night I lay awake from nightmares. Every moment of everyday rainclouds drizzle above me. I-I just can’t handle it anymore… I’m weak, I’m cowardly, I’m stupid, I’m hideous… I’m a parasite.” Jade spoke, her voice shaky.

@Huginn @Alec @Symphony @Ennakai

Symphony sighed and listened to the poor girl's suicidal logic. She knew how it felt. She knew the thoughts running through her head. So she grabbed her and pulled her back from the ledge. This time her tone of voice was more stern, her face bearing a frown. "Knock it off. If you were truly worthless, none of these people would have shown up. Yeah, the pain hurts. But if you get some help, share your problems, then the pain will go away." Then she sighed again. "You poor thing..." she said as she pulled the girl into a hug. She rubbed her back to try and calm down, her motherly instincts kicking in. "I know the one thing that I wanted to hear when I attempted: that it would be okay." She pulled away and held the girl out in front of her. "It will be okay, alright?" she said while wiping a tear off of the girls face. She let out a small smile. "Now, why don't we talk to your friends who have come to help you, okay?" She knew how to coax a person away from the edge. She knew when to act, because she had had to before. In the world of musicians, everyone was suicidal. Everyone wanted to die. Unfortunately, she was all too experienced with it. There were some she couldn't save. But with this young one, she knew she could. 

Her words, every one of them, were on Huginn’s mind. The reason why is clear now, but the way to stop it just grew more distant from the boy. It appeared everyone made a different choice on how to try and stop her, and they all worked a little bit. “Don’t say that. You’re not a parasite. You’re not stupid, cowardly or weak. Even if you were this isn’t how you fix that. This is how you prove the world right.” He had pushed himself up and walks up to her. “This world is rough for all of us, but not all of us are dealt the same cards. We just gotta play what we have and hope for the best. You take your life and we all lose a card, we all lose someone. I like to consider you my first friend, whether I’m someone to you or not isn’t important, what is important is that you said I you didn’t think I’d care. Well I do. So does everyone here.” He turns around and steps away, knowing he is probably just making things worse. His familiar, Felli, comes in and floats by his shoulder. Huginn smiles at the ball of blue light, tears still rolling down his face. “Everyone has a place in the world. Finding it is the hard part.” He says, not looking back at her. “Just please, don’t jump.” He says, wiping his tears away.

@Ghost

As the dark clothed young woman stepped in and embraced the other young woman who had been at the edge of the cliff and shuffled her slightly away from the edge Alec took the chance to slid his massive frame in the gap created by the two stepping away. If this girl wanted to get to the edge she'd have to go over, through or around Alec be and his massive frame and he didn't see that happening. Humphrey stepped up as well but was more forward due to his healing nature as stepped up to the pair of young ladies and nuzzled his large bear cub head in to get their attention (and maybe some pets) as he gently urged healing energy into the young woman. "What you say may be what you feel." Alec began in his deep baritone rumble. "But it's pretty obvious from this outsiders prospective that they are in fact not true. It seems several people at least all managed to find their way here just when you needed them most and some here even seem to know you and genuinely care for you. As I said your life isn't yours it's these people's here and if you throw it away you're stealing from them. Your life belongs to is measured by those it touches and affects and due to the overwhelming out pouring of emotions I'm seeing here your life has touched these people's greatly. That doesn't show weakness it shows great inner strength and caring. You just need the time to see it for yourself." Alec finishes with a soft sigh.

[OOC: I didn't like the way I made Jade react. So, I changed it entirely.]

Jade stood silently as she was pulled from the edge and hugged by the stranger. “It won’t. It never is… Nothing is ever ok.” Jade spoke softly. “Nothing…” Jade began tearing up again. “I-It just won’t stop…” Jade let out a shaky sigh as the two parted, the stranger told her to address those she had distressed, her friends. The man intruded in the gap left by the two, now blocking her path to what she needed to do. “I-I…” Jade stuttered. “I-I… If it wasn’t for me being s-stupid none of them would have been here in the first place. N-None of them would be upset. It’s my fault.” Jade turned to Huginn. “I-I’m sorry... Huginn… I guess I never told you, huh.“ A sad smile formed on Jade’s face, which was her poor attempt to lighten the mood and let them know everything was fine. “B-but now you know how I feel.” Jade’s smile disappeared as she looked down at her feet, now addressing both Ennakai and Huginn. “Y-You guys are making this so hard…” Jade said, which was followed by a few tears. “I-I’m sorry both of you met me. All I did was waste your valuable t-time and effort. I-If I had just done this earlier, neither of you would be like this. I-I’m an idiot.” Jade collapsed to her knees, and began crying once again.

@Symphony @Alec @Huginn @Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

Symphony sighed and walked over. She began to rub her back and grabbed a hot cocoa from her inventory. She handed it to the girl and sat beside her on the ground. Saying nothing more, she just sat there and rubbed her back. Whenever she had broken down like this, her mother had given her hot cocoa and a good rub on the back. She wished she had made a stuffed teddy bear to give to the girl, but she hadn't made one as of yet in her shop. Maybe when I make one, I'll send it to her, she thought to herself. If anything, the future gift would give her an excuse to check up on the poor thing.

She began to hum a quiet lullaby as she continued to rub the girl's back. She knew no more words could help her. Now was the time when she would cry and then need some proper rest. When she woke up, Symphony knew the girl would feel better. But for now, all she could do was rub her back and hum a calming tune. 

@Ghost

Alec stood quietly between the pair if young ladies and the gap behind him. He had no more words to say so he stood silently watching. The dark clothed young woman seemed really good at this. Maybe she'd been a grief counselor or something similar before ending up here. Or maybe she was just a very empathic person. Either way the situation seemed to be calming down. As the two girls sank down to the ground Humphrey (Alec's American Black Bear cub companion) padded over slowly and gently laid down next to the pair laying his giant furry head on the edges if their laps breathing slowly and deeply as he let out a deep soft rumble. Alec took a moment to scan their surroundings, he'd never been to this section of the Second Floor before and hadn't even known it had existed. Guess this was just another instance of his feet taking him someplace while his mind had wandered.

Enna looked as this unfolded and it seems that stuck by shock everything went down, Snapping back Enna rushed over to Jade and gave her a Hug, "Don't U do that again, and sorry I broke our promise, Ghost..." He said embracing Jade into a hug and crying a bit. Enna really never had something like this in her eyes before it was something He was lacking most of the time and Enna was still hugging Jade all he could. "I will get you more books too read, better... I let you join in on off the adventures with me," Enna said to Jade pulling back from the hug to Look Jade right in her eyes as he gave a smile to her. Enna was surprisingly different from last time a bit more caring than before "U did not waste my time, I plan my time with interesting things and you are my interest for quite a while Now, And nothing will change that no matter how hard u push me away. Just like the time at the tree, U hit me with a book that day," Enna said getting a small laugh out remembering the day still if it was yesterday. Enna could remember that day quite good as it was really something special and Enna may have written it down in one off his notebooks.

The woman sat down beside Jade, rubbing her back and attempting to offer a cup of hot chocolate to her, of which Jade refused. A bear cub, which seemed to be a companion of the man, rested across Jades lap. Enna hugged Jade, as he also tried to comfort her. Jade closed her eyes, trying to hold back the surge of painful emotions as everyone comforted her. "I-I'm ok Enna..." Jade spoke softly, her voice quivering. "...p-please don't hate m-me." 

Jade remained silent and motionless. She stopped crying thanks to all the comforting of the people (and the small bear cub) around her, though she occasionally sniffled. She didn't make eye contact with anyone, staring at the ground. She wanted to disappear into nothingness, she wanted to fade out of existence, she wanted out of this nightmare. She was scared, scared people would hate her if she opened up to them, after all, she had been harassed and bullied by people she had used to call her friends. She was forced to confront multiple fears in the same place, at the same time. Jade took a deep shakey breath. "Why is it so hard to forget..." Jade mumbled, though quiet, it was completely understandable in the eerie silence that lingered.

@Symphony @Alec @Ennakai

Edited by Ghost

"It's hard to forget." Alec began softly in his deep baritone rumble. "Because it's the memories, both painful and pleasant that form us into who we are. You need the pain to counter balance the joy. Too much of one or the other and you're off weighted. If you've a majority of pain up till now it just means when you walk out of the fire you'll be forged from harder stuff than anyone around you. You're joy is coming you just have to be strong to make it there. It just seems life is really laying a tough test on you to get there. But I promise you little one. When you get there it'll be the sweetest nectar you've ever tasted and you'll be much more able to savor the vintage than those who've been tempered far less than yourself. I see an inner strength waiting to blossom. You just need to look inside and see it for yourself and that's far easier said than done I freely admit. You've got people here which really care for and about you, based on their actions. My name's Alec and I'll help any way I can. Just let me know." Alec ended in his deep baritone softly as he opened a window and sent the young woman a friend request. "Message me the next time you starting thinking like this again. I'll get you a drink or we'll go do a quest or something."

Edited by Alec

Huginn had helped someone today, but why did he feel like he didn’t do anything? Why did it hurt so bad when her words remained so filled with pain? He couldn’t think, he couldn’t do the one thing he’s good at and it looked like all these helpful people had done the job he came to do. Wiping his tears and still not looking back at her, he lets out a small voice. “I’m glad you’re not dead. If you ever want to hang out again, send me a message.” He said. The boy turns around, his eyes a little red but the tears gone at least. His familiar, the small blue will-o-wisp floated gently over to the other players, though it lingered by ghost. Partly because it was scared of the big man and partly because it felt her pain. “Her name is Felicity, Felli for short.” He walks up to her, but keeping his distance so as to not feel like he needed to hug her. “For a while she was the only thing I had, and she brought me so much joy, so her name fits.” He smiles at the small blue light. The small boy had a small voice to match, and would never be anything compared to the mighty god near him, but he stood there nonetheless. Part of him felt like he owed her, the other part knowing damn well he’d miss her. All around being happy she’s still here.

@Ghost

Enna hears Jade say something, ANd that something Enna completely ignores and slowly lets out the tears, "I'm just... Happy you are alright. I would never Hate something Cute like you," Enna said not even realizing his own word as he said them but it did not really matter at this point. All that did was that Jade was save and Enna kept it that way as long as he was still standing. Pulling back from the hug again Enna cleared his tears a bit and smiles weak, "Lets make a promise, I stay out of danger, If you keep away from the edge," Enna said holding out his hand and hoping Jade would pinky swear with him as he did really not have any other option left, "AND, I will supply you on More books to read And get you to explore the world with me if you want," he said to Jade locking eyes with her and placing the other hand on her again just like then then.

@Ghost

“Why me though… Why…” Jade muttered, her tone of voice still showing signs of sadness. Though it has drastically improved from before. The man offered that when she was feeling down again, to do a quest or something, probably to distract her mind. Jade tapped accept when the friend request popped up. “S-sure…” Jade stuttered. Her attention then turned to Huginn. Which Jade tried to force a smile in response to his first comment, though it was painful to maintain. His familiar floated next to her, Jade stared at it curiously. “That’s a cute name, Felli...” Jade reached for it. Jades face turned bright red at Enna’s comment. “H-Hey, wait… T-that’s not… I-I’m not, I-I...” She quickly became silent out of sheer embarrassment. Why would you say something like that in front of other people. Jade sniffled. “I-I don’t know…” Jade commented. “I… I can’t keep promises that I’m prone to breaking…” Jade said sorrowly. She pull the scarf she had around her neck up a bit. “...I h-haven’t introduced myself, have I?” Jade then asked, directing the question towards the two she didn’t know. “I-I’m Ghost…” Jade let out a short, but fake, laugh. “I-If you think about it… My username is also a-an ironic joke. Because no one sees m-me, much like a ghost.” 

@Alec @Huginn @Ennakai

Alec glanced down at the young woman. "Seems like you might want to pick a new name." Alec offers in his deep baritone voice. "Because as I see it, there are several people right here who see you quite clearly. Maybe if you gave more people a chance more would see you. From the one's here I see who know you, you've made an amazingly deep connection and impact in their lives. It seems you have a far deeper and lasting connection to people than you realize. There is great inner personal strength in that and I would bet there is little these two here wouldn't do for you. That speaks volumes of you nature and true self." Alec continued in a deep soft rumble. "If you were to take the time to truly learn who you are to yourself, and not what has been imposed on you or what you feel you are based on others opinions of you there is nothing that will stand in your way." Alec finished softly as he stood motionless like a statue.

"C-change my name? Because less then nine people can see me? I-I'm sure everyone here knows what a haunting is, and I doubt anyone you tell would e-even care." Jade sighed, her voice still showing signs of distress, though no where near as bad as before. "I need to b-be alone... I-I'm going back to town... I need to, to think..." Jade said as she got to her feet and slowly lumbered towards the treeline in the direction of a road. "I-I'll see you guys later..." Jade disappears into the treeline. The clouds slowly begin to disappear as the sun takes back the sky. The eerie silence still lingers as the wind slightly sways the grass and flowers by the cliff side. What could have happened. A question that many people tend to ask themselves or tend to make fantasies about. Jade almost jumped, the only thing that stopped her was the approached of a friend, if it were just few seconds off and she wouldn't have been here, not anymore. Another factor that played a large role the prevented her from jumping was the comforting and counseling from a few others. Actions were done, words spoken, and things good and bad that won't be forgotten.

End of Thread

Col & Earnings:

@Alec - 1 SP + 100 Col

@Ennakai - 1 SP + 100 Col

@Huginn - 1 SP + 100 Col

@Symphony - 1 SP + 100 Col