[PP/F2] <<DHA 2 - Quartz Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 2: the Quartz Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2.

This quest CANNOT be repeated.

You must defeat “Rhaegal the Emerald Hatchling” before attempting this quest.

=----=

Shortly after the first dragon hatchling slain, you receive a message from the same Information Broker on the location of the next Dragon Hatchling, it appeared on floor two, and despite the fact of how cute it is… it can be quite the prankster, this hatchling shouldn’t be underestimated especially if you are lower leveled.

=---=

=-=

WGu9w4J4IdaL9yoPHzGUjVWxp8FAVGtTEVo_0e5H

Zylara - the Quartz Hatchling

HP: 175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

Abilities:

<<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

=---=

Recommended Level: 15

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

1 SP - 600 Col (Split between each player)

<Zylara’s Quartz> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 22 / HP:  440/440 / EN:  44/44 /DMG: 5 / MIT: 50 / ACC: 0 / EVA: 0

Successful (non Crit) hit on me = Thorns/Immol - 19 Unmitigated DMG

BD 9-10 = Paralyze

BD 8-10 = Bleed 24 Unmitigated DMG (2 turns)

CD 6 + = + 1 EN Regenerated

(Shield) Thorns (1)
Cost: 1 Slot
Cap: 2 Slots
Effect: Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) (9) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

9 DMG - Thorns

(Shield) Paralyze (1)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.

(Heavy Armor) Recovery (1)
Effect: Regain (1 per slot * Tier) (1) additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.

(Battle Axe) Bleed (2)
Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Applicable to: Weapons

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Adamantine Pauldron

Shield of the Thunderhearts

Axe of Rending

BATTLE READY ITEMS:

1) (2) Tier 1 Healing Potions (+40 HP)

2) 

3)

4) 

5) 

Alec had recently defeated Rhaegal the Emerald Dragon Hatchling after his appearance on the First Floor. It had been a rather long fight. His Mitigation build he had settled on lent itself to heavy survivability but he was sorely lacking in the damage department. Hopefully the new axe he had found that Dagger had identified would give him a nudge in that area. Meanwhile he found his feet carrying him aimlessly through the main city of Urbus on the Second Floor. He had heard whispered rumors since defeating Rhaegal that a second Dragon Hatchling had been spotted here in the Second Floor so Alec had travelled here to find out more. He just didn't know where to start so the big man wandered and let his mind roam and his feet carry him where they would. Humphrey padded along beside him and as they walked Alec's had drifted down to absently scratch Humphrey on his this furry neck and behind his rounded ears as they walked through the Town.

@Katagawa

Edited by Alec
  • 2 weeks later...

Hokori had made her way back up to the second floor after the disappointment that had been the fight against the Easter themed boss. She hadn't worked terribly well with that group, and thought it would probably be good if she could go it alone until she settled on a build. While walking through the town, she went deep into thought about trying to figure out her own goals for the future.

I want to switch up my weapon so that I can get a shield, but the one place I can get use of spent skill points is very expensive. If I had someone to sponsor me, that would work, but I'm too low of a level for that to happen just yet. The one person I did have flaked on me, so let's just go do that while I'm in an intermediate spot. For now I shoul dbe fine to take it on my own, but I need to make sure I'm ready to retreat if needed. Once I have the opportunity, I need to get my tanking skills put to the test. It shouldn't be too hard to get the proper skills, but it's just too early.

As she was lost in thought, she accidentally bumped into what she thought was a mountain of muscle for a split second. Muttering a quick apology to them, she turned to head her way back through the town, careful not to run into what appeared to be their familiar either.

I should try to get myself one of those sooner or later. Would be a good source of extra stats as far as I know. And it could also be useful for having someone to help me through these early times.

@Alec

As Alec strolled through the Town of Urbus letting his mind wander and letting his feet take him where they would when he was suddenly startled when he bumped into someone, or they bumped into him he wasn't sure which. The young woman also appeared lost in thought and doing something similar to what he had been doing. "I'm sorry Miss" Alec said in his deep baritone rumble. "I wasn't watching where I was going. Please excuse me." Alec stated as he reached down to scratch Humphrey, his American Black Bear cub behind the ears. "Usually Humphrey here is a little better about guiding me around people when I'm walking and letting my mind wander. It seems he might have been day dreaming as well." Alec offered as an apology with a mild shrug as he glanced down at the young woman he had collided with. "My name's Alec by the way and this is my friend Humphrey."

Hokori stopped as the person she bumped into started into a conversation. She wasn't that keen to be talking to people just yet, but it was what it was and she figured she may as well try to make friends. "It's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going and still moving quite quickly." The man introduced both himself and his familiar, and she felt a little inclined to do the same. "Katagawa." She extended her hand in a hand shake gesture. As much as she had been stuck in this game, she could still feel her parents disapproval. Well, at least her mothers. Always wanted her to be the lady, and here she was offering a handshake to someone. "You just strolling about, or looking for something specific Alec?" A little small talk wouldn't hurt, at the very least a way to distract her from her own thoughts.

@Alec

Alec looked down to the young lady he had bumped into or white had bumped into him either way really, they'd bumped into each other. "It's nice to meet you Katagawa." Alec replied in his deep baritone rumble as he reached his hand out and engulfed the smaller hand that had been offered in a hand shake. And gave it a firm but not over powering shake. "Honestly some times when I'm at a loss and not sure what my step should be I let my mind wander and my feet take me to where I need to be. I know it sounds dumb but it's worked well so far for me in life and here too I suppose." Alec rumbled in reply. "I just recently fought and killed a Dragon Hatchling on the First Floor and had heard that another one had appeared here on Second but I don't know where and wasn't sure how to find out apart from running out into the rest if the floor and trying to search every inch which doesn't sound too appealing. Hence why I was wandering and letting my mind drift. Which is how we ended up running into each other. How about you searching for anything special here on in Urbus or just enjoying the town?"

"I was actually looking for the next dragon hatchling myself. Had someone who was guiding me through it and then pulled a vanishing act on me. I do know where the next one is though if you want to party up for it." She didn't really want to party up after her last disaster with trying that, but it would be much safer to go with someone and she already knew that she could use some actual friends in this world. Her list currently was filled with an optimist with a death wish, a pyromaniac, and someone who might become an orange player the moment they are powerful enough to do so safely. Well, even if this friendship didn't turn out well, at least there was a cute familiar to hang around with. She wanted to ask some more questions, but refrained from doing so until she knew he was partying with her. Probably for the best so she didn't look like some kind of informant.

@Alec

Alec smiled and nodded to the young woman. "As I said I didn't know how to progress, so I let my feet take me to where I needed to be and they did. It's a curse really." Alec finished with a deep resounding chuckle. "I think teaming up would be a perfectly fine idea." Alec replied as he looked down at Katagawa. "How exactly do you do that?" Alec asked some what sheepishly. "I've been in one party so far up till now and he invited me into it. I'm sorry I'm really out of my element. It took me several months just to figure out how to open my inventory, but I assure you I've gotten much better there's still a few things that give me a hard time every now and again that I run into. I'm very competent when it comes to combat so please don't feel worried there. I solo'd the Emerald Dragon Hatchling and the Easter Event Boss Furry as well. I'm building myself as a Tank and a can take a solid hit so you won't have to worry about that, if it's a concern for you." Alec finished, felling as he if might have just flooded this young woman with an over abundance of personal info. He wasn't used to talking to people here and it still felt off interacting with a real person and not a computer controlled quest giver it space filler.

Hokori gave off a soft little laugh at the comment of unable to find the way to party, a deviation from her usually quite stoic exterior. "I still hate how the menu is organized. If I wasn't stuck in here for two years fiddling with it, I'd probably still get lost in it." She pointed Alec through the process of forming a party as she sent the party invite to him. It wasn't that complicated, just nested in so many little menus to become atrociously annoying to do it. He began talking about his own accomplishments and build, and though it was nice to have the info, she held up a hand to stop him. "Please, I'm probably the lower level one here, no need to treat this like an interview. Granted, I'm slowly making my way to a tank build as well, so things might be a little bit difficult in terms of damaging the boss. Hopefully we'll be able to just wear it out. Make sure you have some thorns equipped because something tells me we'll be running out of energy before this fight is over." And hopefully the two of them could coordinate this fight rather than have it be so chaotic like her own attempt at easter. If she wasn't such a low level, she probably would've tried taking it on her own as well.

@Alec

As the young woman Katagawa held up her hand Alec stopped and listened. Alec reached out and tapped the <<ACCEPT>> button to acknowledge the party formation and nodded that he thought he understood what she had done to get there. As she raised her hand to stop his rambling he closed his mouth and listened to her statements nodding in agreement to her. “Well.”Alec replied I have a set of Heavy Armor that provides plenty of protection so I can mitigate plenty of damage plus it helps me restore my energy occasionally at a slow but rate, but it’s better than nothing. My shield stores up static electricity and expels it when I’m damaged plus when I score a perfect hit it expels more electricity and Paralyzes my target and finally I’m thinking about trying out this new axe I got from the Easter Event Boss it has a razor sharp edge that adds to its damage plus has a nasty serrated edge that leaves the wounds it creates open for added bleed damage. Plus I have several Immolation Potions and like I’ll gladly share to help us both out.” Alec finished as he looked down at Katagawa.

Starting to make her way out of the city, hopefully with Alec close behind her, she started to talk strategy with him. "The bleed will be useful, as that will go off even if you're just using a basic attack. I have some paralyze effects of my own, but it will make the fight go longer in the end if we have to rely on thorns damage. If you have howl I think letting you lead the tanking effort will probably be best. If not, I have enough evasion and passive health regeneration I should be able to survive if I take hate. If you're willing to give me an immolation potion, that would probably help as well. I think the best bet will be to whittle this thing down as best as we can while making sure we don't die ourselves." With that comment, she went into her inventory and switched around her ear a bit. The black leather armor she wore got covered by the spiked half-plate she had started this game with. And her nice sword switched out to a rather plain, but still just as large one. "I'll just try to stay at bay and get the occasional stun in if needed, I can switch with you if you get low or if you just need to get out to get some more energy. Hopefully one of our damage outputs can get over the creature's mitigation, but if not we need to be prepared for the long haul."

Stats:

Spoiler

Katagawa : 280/280 HP | 28/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 18 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)

@Alec

As Katagawa begins walking Alec quickly opens his inventory and begins equipping his armor and equipment. His Adamantine Pauldron appears on his shoulders. His Shield of the Thunderhearts shimmers into existence on his forearm and his viscous Axe of Rending appears within his fist. He quickly slides the axe into the loop at his hip as he continues scrolling through his inventory easily keeping pace with the smaller young woman. He taps several items and as they appear in his hand he reaches out offering them to Katagawa. “Here you go.” Alec rumbles as he holds out a vial with red and orange swirling liquid plus a small wrapped snack as well. “Here’s an Immolation Potion plus I bought this Hummus snack that’s supposed to improve your Accuracy from a Cooks shop recently. She didn’t talk much but her shop was really nice and smelled great too.” Alec says as he offers the potion and snack.

Spoiler

Hummus Dip

• Snack
  • Tier: N/A
  • +2 ACC

A hummus dip, made from garbanzo beans. Goes great with just about anything.

Immolation Potions (Effect: When used, successful non-critical attacks against you deal 10 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.  Effect lasts for one thread.)

Edited by Alec

Taking the potion offered to her, Hokori began to look around for the hatchling. It would likely be a little bit hidden, and she only knew the approximate location because it moved around quite a bit. She debated trying to sneak, but remembered that required a skill to actually do to a decent degree. Instead, she kept a sharp eye out for the creature as she drank the potion handed to her. It wouldn't take long to begin this fight, and she had every intention of making it as quick as they could. It was going to be long regardless, so quick as they could would likely still be a few minutes against this one creature. "Keep an eye out for it. I believe it was yellowish in color. Once you spot it, let me know. We have no hope of sneaking up on it, but we can at least try not to aggro it until we both know where it is at."

Consumed:

Spoiler

Immolation potion: +10 THN for a thread

@Alec

Alec ate the Hummus snack quickly enjoying the taste and mix of spices used to create it as he felt his in game senses sharpen and focus. He washed the previous snack down with the Immolation Potion and it’s cinnamon after taste as he felt a heat began to well up within him begging to be released. He pulled his Axe of Rending from the loop at his hip and turned the new weapon over in his grip learning its feel and weight balance as he walked along beside Katagawa stalking and searching for their prey. The Hatchling wasn’t a large creature so it could be hard to miss. So Alec kept an extra sharp eye out for the tiny creature when suddenly he caught a glimpse of movement from the corner of his eye. In a whispered tone Alec let out a tiny psst and pointed over to their left where he had caught the flash of motion.

Spoiler

Immolation Potion: +10 THN

Hummus: +2 ACC

Hokori nodded to Alec, confirming that she had spotted the creature as well. It was small, and a little on the quick side. SHe hoped it wasn't too evasive like herself, but she'd have to wait and see. Hopping towards the bush, she purposefully overshot the bush and cut behind her. The creature immediately popped out in fear to meet her blade. It hardly did any damage, but knocked the creature towards Alec so he could hopefully get some damage in.

And now we let this long fight commence.

Keeping a mental tally of what was happening, Hokori hoped that should could call out a few things here and there. This was meant to be a straight-forward and fast fight, but she was pretty sure that it was going to end up going for quite some time. That was why she had the passive regeneration stuff prepared, that way she could always have some healing going even while inside of combat.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #116444
BD: 6 - hit (1 damage)
CD: 7 - no procs

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 28/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 28 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)
[H: 0] @Alec: ???

Zylara: 174/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+

As Katagawa jumped out and slashed into the Quartz Hatchling her sword struck the small Draconic creature and left a tiny scratch on its body after finding a gap in its tiny armor plating. The strike sent the Quartz Dragon Hatchling tumbling toward Alec as he raised his shield up to defend and brought his Axe of Rending up into the air over his shoulder he held for a moment before swinging the viscously serrated Battle Axe down at the tiny dragon flying towards him. As the Quartz Dragon Hatchling flew at Alec he swung down slamming his Battle Axe into the tiny dragon.  His axe head cracked through the tiny dragon's scales causing a tiny cut in its skin but it was enough as the serrated edge tore a gaping wound as he pulled his axe free spilling red pixels from it. The dragon screeched in pain and rage as it thrashed and bit at Alec past his shield latching on to his arm and tearing a chunk of flesh from  his body as the Draconic Hatchling was sent tumbling back at Katagawa. Alec chuckled to himself as the image of the strangest game if tennis popped into his head.

Spoiler

Roll: 116451

BD: 8  + 2 = 10 (Success) 5 - 35 = 1 DMG (+2 Hate) (BLD - 12 HP/ 1/2 turns)

CD: 8 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 9 (Crit +1) 65 + 1 = 66 - 50 = 16 DMG

LD: 8 (Nothing)

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 28/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 28 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)
[H: 2] @Alec: 426/440 HP | 43/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | BD 8-10 = 12 BLD/2 Turns | BD 9-10 = Paralyze

Zylara: 160/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+

Edited by Alec

With the beast starting to get ricocheted between the two of them, Hokori quickly struck to send it back towards Alec. He was definitely the one taking the aggro for now, especially considering that he seemed to take minimal damage from the attack itself. At the very east, his health bar hadn't moved that much. Hopefully he could keep that up. There was a little bit of damage actually on the creature, but at least it was something. Her own aggro should be up at least a little bit, so she knew she would be able to hopefully take over if Alec was falling behind. And if that wasn't the case, she'd have to find something to do. Maybe she could just try to call a switch if they needed to and she could take the hate for a little bit for recovery purposes.

A long fight coming indeed, this will still likely be easy though.

Spoiler

+1 Passive EN regen

Roll ID: #116452
BD: 6 - hit (1 damage)
CD: 4 - no procs

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 28/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 28 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)
[H: 2] @Alec: 426/440 HP | 43/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | 8-10/12 BLD | 9-10 PLZ

Zylara: 160/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+ [12 BLD - 1/2]

As Alec sent the Quartz Dragon Hatchling hurtling towards Katagawa she expertly slashed out with her weapon and connected squarely with the tiny dragon again finding a chink in its armored body and causing a small cut and in the process sent the Draconic Hatchling tumbling back at Alec again as he brought his shield up to block while raising his Axe of Rending up over his shoulder and preparing to swing at it again when it came into range again. As the Quartz Dragon Hatchling came tumbling back at him Alec paused before swinging his axe down and again slammed the head of his axe into the tiny dragon's body opening another small cut as the previous wound spilled out more red pixels as the flow began to taper off. Zylara gnashed and snapped her teeth at Aleve as she flailed against his Shield she bit onto Alec's side tearing another chunk of flesh from his side as he felt the heat withing him rise and his shield began to hum till SNAP his shield arced out at the same time a ball of heat and fire burst from his body engulfing the Dragon Hatchling in a fiery ball of static electricity that washed over the tiny dragon sending it toppling and flying back in the direction of Katagawa.

Spoiler

Roll: 116454

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 (Success) 1 DMG (12 BLD 2/2 turns)

CD: 3 (No EN Regenerated)

MD: 8 + 1 = 9 (Success) 65 - 50 = 15 DMG (Thorns/Immol Activates 19 Unmitigated DMG)

LD: 18 (-1 ACC Alec next att)

[H: 2] @Alec: 411/440 HP | 44/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | 8-10 / 1/2 BLD | 9-10 PLZ

Zylara: 128/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+ [12 BLD - 1/2]

Edited by Alec
  • 2 weeks later...

This fight was going to be slow, but at least an enjoyable little game of pong had begun to form. The beast chewed up Alec a bit as well, but it seemed he was doing ok from it still. She wasn't quite ready for how the dragon was sent back towards her, so she was only able to stop it with the flat of her blade. Hoping that the hatchling wouldn't go for her she looked towards Alec a little bit sheepishly. "You're serve hopefully." Her eyes flicked back down towards the hathcling, waiting to spring out of the way in case it went for her instead of Alec. She relied more on not getting hit than actually taking hits right now, so she needed to be prepared for whatever she could be.

And let's hope Alec can get more damage than I can do to it. There's no way I'm getting past those scales.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #117223
BD: 5 + 0 - 0 = miss
CD: 12 - vampiric procs

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 28 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)
[H: 2] @Alec: 411/440 HP | 44/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | 8-10 / 1/2 BLD | 9-10 PLZ

Zylara: 128/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+ [12 BLD - 1/2]

As Katagawa or Kat hopefully she wouldn’t mind the shortened nickname struck the Quartz Dragon Hatchling again and sent it sailing back toward Alec he chuckled as he let the beginnings or a grin start to break the trough the perpetual scowl that was constantly affixed to the stern features of his face. He had never played tennis before but imagined a verified version as the two of them batted the tiny draconic creature back and forth. As the Quartz Dragon Hatchling sailed his way he raised his shield to defend himself and brought his Axe of Rending back and readied himself to swing as the tiny dragon sailed his way. As the tiny dragon sailed towards him he drew back his Axe of Rending and swung forward striking Zylara but it was a minor glancing blow that barely cracked its hardened scales and sent it tumbling back through the air towards Katagawa. Luckily his strike earlier was still leaking red pixels from the viscous strike he had dealt it earlier. As the watched the creature tumble through the air he felt a familiar warm tingling feeling course through his body as Humphrey sent energy flowing into him. This was going to be a long fight so Alec relaxed and shot the young woman a  smile. "Relax." he rumbled to her in his deep baritone voice you and I are here for the long haul. It's more a game of attrition than massive damage we'll were it down nice and slow. No hurries here." he offered in a jovial tone. "One serving two." he said loudly with a chuckle.

Roll: 117227

BD: 5+2=7 (Hit) 5-35=1 DMG

CD: 12 (+1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 10 (Crit +1+ 65+1=66-50=16 DMG (Crit Hit No Throns)

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 280/280 HP | 26/28 EN | 5 DMG | 3 EVA | 17 MIT | 28 THN | 2 BH | 14 V(D)
[H: 4] @Alec: 427/440 HP | 44/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | 8-10 / 1/2 BLD | 9-10 PLZ - Humphrey - +15 HP

Zylara: 115/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+ [12 BLD - 2/2]

Edited by Alec

Alec didn't seem to mind the failed attacks so much, and honestly didn't seem too bothered by the hatchling attacking him either. As he knocked the dragon back towards her, she tried to swing at it, but her sword was too heavy. The hatchling fell to the ground once more, and started to scamper back towards Alec. "15, Love. Your serve." Well, at least they could make a game out of what was going to be quite the tedious fight. Probably for the best considering neither of them was going to die anytime soon.

Well, at least some fun is coming of getting trapped inside of this game. Maybe being stuck in here isn't the end of the world. But there is still others dying out there to things like this. We need to at least get people into more safety before we can do anything about getting out. Otherwise saving a life on the front line costs us 4 or 5 people dying to mobs or PKers.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #117229
BD: 1 - critical miss
CD: 12 - vampiric proc

[H: 4] @Alec: 427/440 HP | 44/44 EN | 5 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 50 MIT | 19 THN | 8-10 / 1/2 BLD | 9-10 PLZ - Humphrey - +15 HP

Zylara: 103/175 HP | 65 DMG | 35 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | -1 ACC to next player attack on LD 15+