[PP|F9] Iron Stomach <<Iron Guardian>>

Dustin and Hestia had made it up to the ninth floor in no time, the boy stepping off of the teleporter and turning towards the lady. “And that’s why I think Mario is a monster.” He turns towards back around and starts walking out towards the gate. “Maybe we should stop at a bar first, the food we had earlier didn’t really fill me up.” He walks right into an info broker that starts freaking out. He stands up and all excited like starts explaining the quest with the boss and starts explaining how the boss is incredibly far away. “It’s a two day walk, so you and your friend should stock up on food before you head out.” He says, pointing up to Hestia and then tilting his head. “YOU’RE HESTIA! THE TANK ON THE FRONTLINES! What are you doing with this kid?” He asks, beginning to wonder if the boss is even worth it to Hestia and Dustin.

Dustin turns back to Hestia and smiles innocently. “Whadya say? I’m sure we could take it out rather quickly.” He turns back to the info broker and holds his hand out, shaking hands with him. “I think we should head out soon, I’ve got enough snacks to last for at least a month.” He says, starting to walk past the info broker and towards the edge of town. “Though I’d like to ration it as I’m getting low on col and Neo’s shop isn’t exactly cheap to buy things in bulk from.” He says, looking through his snack reserves.

@Hestia

Looking towards the person that starts to talk my eyes widen for only a moment as a image of what this quest does to people who take it as my hand grips tightly into a fist as i remember the ending perfectly. 'The first death.' I think to myself in vivid detail of remembering the details of seeing my guild leader kill a info broker just like this person if they knew me on the spot, or it is entirely possible that me being on the frontlines have just become just common knowledge for anybody within this game. I'm allowed to hangout with friends and help them if i want to. I say in a calm tone of voice towards the confused and seemingly bewildered person be it NPC or not. After seeing the quick exchange and know the deal itself i follow the quick to attack and act Dustin at a steady pace myself not wearing any armor or gear atm. Wearing vanity armor, my Aegis shield, and Harpe my curved sword, along with a light armor that is a golden cloak wrapped at the shoulders. With the back being the depiction of s a scarlet ram. Lets get going Dustin. I say calmly with a smile across my face.

[+8 LD]

If Dustin was being honest with himself, the broker’s question hurt like a knife. There is a task at hand, so I should focus on that. The only other option being severe danger or even death. Though I’m sure Hestia can protect me, I still don’t want these two days of walking to be boring then on the two days back we just avoid talking about how I can barely do anything. Dustin had heard a few stories about players being attacked by info brokers while doing the quest and his hands clenched up out of habit, though his hands almost immediately slip into his pockets.

Dustin’s steps come with thoughts. Every step an image of his fist slamming into the face of the man who murdered his brother. Every now and then he imagines Hestia’s hand stopping him from breaking, sometimes Jinx’s hand does. Once though, his biggest fear, his hand moves back and hits Hestia in her face before killing the monster. Upon seeing this he obviously looks scared, not fear of death, fear of his thoughts. His face turns blank as he walks staring straight at the ground and not saying a word.

@Hestia

I gaze towards Dustin as we walk through the ninth floor of Aincrad as i remember rather distinctly everything about this quest and the moments that proceeded everything. Two guardians being slain, a final one appearing being killed just as quickly. Then to top it all off the info broker attacking in a paranoid delusion and needing to be killed with no other way out of such a thing, but even then somehow not inciting a orange crystal on who murdered him. 'Because he attacked first.' I think to myself to remind myself of that simple fact of if someone got attacked first then the self-defense clause of Aincrad allows one to fight back and stay alive by murder if they were pushed to such a corner. 'I guess...that means i have to assume all orange players murdered of their own free will. There is no self-defense here. There is no sphere of that protecting people from the taking of a life. Where does that leave me with having to deal with Pinball. Since..he's guilty fully then right?' Though if there was a info broker in each iteration of someone taking this quest does that mean that people are forced to see someone die every time?

Dustin’s mind broke after every image he saw, part of him wanted to just run away, find the man and kill him, the other part would rather he died in this fight. No! Damnit Dustin, you have to get your head in the game. His hand comes up and slaps him in the face. Dustin had frozen in his spot thinking for a moment and then looking at Hestia with a smile. “Sorry about that. I lost focus for a bit.” He holds put a thumbs up, his hand moving down and moving into his pocket. His eyes look at Hestia and he tilts his head. “You certainly look nice today. Nothing like I’d expect you to look like on this floor, but then again you’re crazy strong.” He puts one leg in front of the other and passes her up, pulling out a cookie and offering it to her, pulling out a platter of sushi and eating it as he walks. He pulls his hood up as he eats and dips his sushi roll in his wasabi, taking a bite and his face turning red. “HOLY [CENSORED]! FORGOT HOW HOT THAT WAS!” His torso drops down before he realizes he got half of the wasabi, and he breathes for a moment. After a few minutes of taking a breather he stands up his face still a little pink as he starts walking again.

@Hestia

• 2 weeks later...

I chuckle a bit when hearing that the thing he had eaten was a lot hotter then expected as i look towards Dustin and pats him upon the back in a comforting manner to make up for that. As i then register what he said moments ago as i look at the cookie in my hand then back towards Dustin who is holding the sushi. Okay i have a few questions. One thank you for the compliment this isn't a question just wanted to say this, and two why do you have so much food on you are you just constantly eating all the time? I say in a joking manner towards Dustin when i ask him that question as i turn my attention towards the direction of where the castle is going to be the place where the iron guardian is located at and holding the healing crystal that he is protecting from players for one reason or the other. My gaze waiting for the iron knights that shoud be spawning right about soon.

Dustin coughs once or twice, the wasabi was really getting to him. “Hes... tia, you want some?” His coughing even managing to chop her name in half. In between coughs, a slight clank is heard in the distance, Dustin’s coughing stops and his attention is pulled away from the girl next to him. “What’s that?” He shifts his hips, turning and facing what was now a creature in a tin can towering over the two. Dustin’s instincts kick in, his legs push him up and his hand glows green.

”I got this one.” The green glow leaves a comet-esque trail in it’s wake, colliding with the metal jaw and a green light flashing brightly as the red crystal is pulled with the metal tower of power being thrown across the field. Dustin then kicks off of the things chest, flipping backwards in the air and landing next to Hestia. “Told ya.” The monster explodes into blue shards and completely disappears. Dustin turns towards Hestia as he notices another standing up. Dustin’s eyes fill with horror as he realizes he doesn’t have enough energy to keep this up for long.

Spoiler

ID: 117584

BD: 10 (Critical hit on Iron Knight 1)

11 + 2 = 13 * 15 = 195 DMG

72 - 195 = 0 HP

Spoiler

Dustin: 460/460 HP | 29/46 EN | 11 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 BH

Hestia: ?

———————————

Iron Knight 1: 0/72 HP | 120 DMG | THRN: 12

Iron Knight 2: 72/72 HP | 120 DMG | THRN: 12

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

Looking towards the remaining iron knight that rises from the ground i just shrug my shoulders not that worried about this as i rush forward with curved sword in hand as i slash once along where its knee joints are. Then drop lower slicing along its achilles heal as i slide below it. My shield dragging against the ground to halt my momentum as i slash at the back of the knees as i then get up to my feet and move in front taking a few swift steps and then spins around like a top as the blade goes along the neck as the creature bursts into red particles as it dies as it meets my blade as i then look towards Dustin with a calm grin across my face as i rest my sword gently against my armored form chuckling a bit. Nah i think i'm good with not burning my mouth, and these are the guardians of the guardian within that castle we're heading towards these should be the only guards though so it is nothing to worry about in all honesty. All you can gotta do is just knock the final guardian out and we'll be good. I say cheerfully not all that bothered by this experience as my mind focuses much more on the future of the need that will need to come about taking down the info broker that will go rogue. That will try to murder Dustin and if i should've gotten the new tanking skill to make sure the would be player killer didn't get his way easily.

Action:  Death Creep vs iron knight

#117593 BD:10  19x6= 114DMG  MD:dead

Dustin watches as Hestia effortlessly chops down the iron knight that had spawned for her. Well dang, I can’t believe she’s so strong. We’ve all been in here the same time, and while I was grieving my brother, there are numerous others who have fallen behind and she helps them as best she can. He thinks for a moment and looks across the ninth floor, seeing a faint silhouette of a castle in the distance. “Kadin used to love when I brought snacks on adventures, when he died I just never stopped. It also helps in making new friends.He smiles like a child, making his way down the pathway. As his legs carry him across the field and he thinks, his hands instinctively move down towards his pockets pulling out another snack. A beautiful cookie, made expertly and smells delicious, the cookie looks like a grandma’s recipe.

As he takes a few bites, the sweetness of the cookie reminds him of the times he had spent in the real world with what was left of his family. “Here, I got another one pf these, you want it?” The cookie had sat in his inventory since a few days before his brother had passed. “I was saving it for Kadin, but ya know. I figure he wouldn’t like it to go to waste and he’d like you the most out of all the people I know. So here.” The absolutely beautiful cookie held out towards her as he smiles. Kadin would love Hestia, they’re pretty similar. She’s nice enough that he would’ve wanted me to keep up with her level wise just so they could talk more. Though he’d always be embarrassing me with real life stories. Dustin chuckles to himself and doesn’t explain it to the girl.

@Hestia

I just smile a slightly somber grin as i just nod my head in understanding as i notice the brown haired player offer me another cookie soon after as i just accept it out of respect and politeness as i take a bite out of the cookie with a rather happy smile. This is a good cookie and by the way you seem happier then last we had a chance to talk Dustin which is strange considering what you need my help to do sooner rather then later from the sounds of things when you asked for my help. I say in a confused but slightly relieved tone of voice as i then focus my gaze on the castle that is in ruins within the distance as i know that the creature will at least be remaining guard their like a eternal sentinel to make sure nobody escape with ease. 'Too bad that we have a DPS and a player who is overleveled for this quest so that things staying up for another in game hundreds of years isn't going to happen anytime soon.'

• 2 weeks later...

Her words caught him off guard. “Yeah, I do need your help with something, and if I’m not mistaken I’ve already told you. But, no sense in letting things bring us down, let’s get this done and I’ll go back to my room and plan it out.” He says, looking down at the ground. He had already planned it out to the last detail, the only problem being that he had no idea how the man would react. This unknown variable is why he’s bringing Hestia, so he can keep control of the situation. Maybe she’ll be able to stop us both. If I get carried away, either Jinx will stop me, or Hestia will. Either way, it’ll be good. If he steps up and tries to fight back, then Hestia or I will make sure he doesn’t fight back for too long.

Dustin’s hand grips the edge of his hood and pulls it up over his head. He had manage to keep the intense situation out of his mind for the most part, not in any dangerous manner, but he was trying to keep his focus on the battle coming up. The anger begins to well up and he clenches his fists, but to avoid having to talk about it, he shoves his hands in his pockets. The force pulls his hood over his eyes a little and disrupts his vision just enough to cover the sun. “I’m scared Hestia. I’m scared I’m gonna lose it and become the monster I’ve been hunting for so long.” He says, avoiding looking at the woman he respected so much, instead his gaze remaining locked on the sand beneath their feet.

@Hestia