[PP=F1] << Earning a Living: Cook >>

Haltar began to bring up a story so she stopped and started to listen. She didn't mind stories especially when she was trying to get to know somebody else. 

Hearing that he shouldn't even be here caused her brows to furrow. what does he mean by that? How is one not suppose to be here? Thinking as she tried figuring out her question before the male answered it. 

"It probably wasn't a good sight of anybody finding their friends and loved ones under NerveGear's control. If it helps I rather have met you then your friend." Akiris wasn't trying to say that rudely at all. Just trying to cheer up Haltar on the fact that she appreciates meeting him. If possible she rather meet people in the real world but this is their reality now. 

Smiling to the male to reassure him she didn't mean any harm by her words. "We will get out of this don't you worry," Akiris stated as if she knew. She at least was going to get to the front lines as fast as she could to help get everyone out. 

Nodding her head at the male's question. "Yes, it does. It means we're friends, doesn't it? Friends hang out. So another day out would be wonderful." Keeping the smile on her face she then went over and went back to focusing on her quest. She needed to find the Wild Spices for her stuffed Apple crisps. She was searching more by the lining of the forest hoping spice plants would be in the area.

ID# 117486 [Searching for Wild Spices 1LD] = 16 (Success)

[3/5] Quest Ingredients found!

@Haltar Dhrim

Akiris' statement left Haltar a little surprised, but after a moment he burst a loud laughing. "Haha, how can you tell? You never even saw it!" He then turned serious again. "Anyway, thank you. And I know: we'll be able to get out, I'm sure about that. I'm not going to stand by and watch, I did it for too long. I'll do my part as well." he concluded by placing his fist in front of him and squeezing it firmly. He didn't need comfort on this: he was committed to give all he got to join the frontlines as soon as possible.
The confirmation from the girl about her friendship made him smile. "Well, if I find something interesting to do together, I'll message you then. Maybe we can hunt together."
While Akiris went back to work, Haltar asked his question. It was his turn to get to know his new friend better. "Now it's your turn to tell. What brought you here to Aincrad?"

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

Akiris seemed a little worried at first when Haltar had a surprised expression. Then he started laughing and she smiled. "I can tell because of intuition," Akiris stated as if she was sure about this. 

Hearing his words she nodded her head in agreement. "My mission is to get to the frontlines as soon as possible." A reason she was trying to do all the beginner quests as fast as she could. She didn't know if she wanted to but she knew she had too. She wasn't going to sit around and let everyone at the frontlines do all the work. 

Smiling at the thought of going hunting together. Haltar then asked the question of what brought her to Aincrad. Signing at this she knew she had to tell. "When the release date was scheduled, I already had money saved up. I only needed so much more before I could buy a NerveGear. My little sister ended up helping me because she knew how much I loved games. She said to consider it an early birthday gift. Since she helped pay for it." This seemed to strike a nerve and cause Akiris's eyes to swell up with tears. "Instead of waiting when I got it. I put it right on when I got home and in my room." Picking up her hands she started rubbing her eyes. She didn't mind if people saw her cry, especially over this game. It was quite overwhelming knowing you could die at any moment. "Now I'm missing my best friends wedding to my brother and my little sister probably is hating herself right now. She probably regrets helping she bought this stupid thing." Amir is hated that she wasn't awake and not playing this game. She wanted to be there for the wedding and she wanted to be there for her family. She knew her sister was probably struggling with over thought emotions. 

Akiris was just hoping her younger sister wasn't blaming herself. She knew it was probably hard for her and the rest of her family. "I know I'm crying about it. It's kind of ridiculous isn't it?" Rubbing the last few years from her face she smiled at her friend. Trying to assure him everything is alright. 

Noticing it started to get to the time of sunset. Akiris looked around. "I probably should finish this quest before it gets dark. I only have two items left that I need." Akiris was trying to switch the topic and go back to searching now. She didn't want to think about how hard it is for her little sister or the rest of her family. These thoughts made her eyes fill with tears. She then started searching going up to the trees and trying to find a bees nest or sweet tree sap. Akiris also would look out to the field to see if any sugar cane was growing. 

ID# 117559 [Searching for sugarcane, sweet tree sap or a bees nest. 1LD] = 17 (Success!) 

[4/5] Quest Ingredients found! 

@Haltar Dhrim

Listening Akiris'story, Haltar became serious again. Her story was very similar to his, only with more people near her.
<In the end, everyone of us left someone behind. We all have the same story.> He thought sadly.
When the girl started crying, he saw himself again in the first months after the accident. He too continued to blame himself for everything, and sunk into despair, isolating himself from everything. He didn't want her to risk such a thing too.
"Akiris, you couldn't know what would have happened if you tried the NerveGear. Neither of you has faults: neither your sister, nor you. And I don't find your crying ridiculous at all. Actually, it shows how much you care about your family."
He thought about hugging her to make her feel better, but that wasn't the case: after all he had just met her. He just tried not to stare at her as he dried his tears, to keep her from feeling uncomfortable. When she tried to smile at him, he tried to make her think of the future rather than the past. "I'm sure that when you'll come back, the party you're going to do will be bigger than the wedding party! You should look forward to it!" He smiled at her to try to give her a little optimism.
Then, when she went back to looking for the ingredients for her dessert, she had an idea. "Look, you said you work in a cafe, right? When you get back to work, you can't say you didn't do anything for two years. So I was thinking, you might think about some new sweet to do, so when you come back to yours family you can make him taste a typical dessert from Aincrad! What do you think?" It seemed to him like a great goal for the future. Not to mention the fact that he was curious to see what Akiris would have invented!

@Akiris

Akiris shrugged her shoulders at the male's words. She truly did know she actually didn't know this would happen. But she still felt bad that her family has to deal with every single day thinking their daughter, sister, and a friend could die in a stupid video game. "Still even if it's not my fault. It feels like it since I wanted this so badly." Her tone of voice struggled as she said these words. She seemed angry at herself at least a little bit.

Finding a tree which was oozing with some kind of sap. Akiris went over and tasted it. sweet. She smiled as she began to collect some of it. Hearing Haltar says he should make a new sweet or dish in here made her laugh a little. "Haltar." Akiris giggled a little. "This is a virtual world. I can't actually taste the dishes. Yes, we might be able too but we truly can't. So making a dish I make in here in the real world might not work out." The girl kept giggling and laughing a little. She couldn't help she was just thinking of how horrible dishes could taste in the real world. "Think of it! A dish in here might taste wonderful till I make it in the real world and everyone does because it tastes horrible!!" Laughing at this thought she was almost crying. She didn't know if that would be the best idea. "I wouldn't want to do that to my family. I also will probably be a horrible cook when I come out of this game. I probably will have to relearn everything so I can make dishes edible." Akiris is truly thought this as she calmed her laughing. She was hoping she didn't hurt the make feelings with laughing but she wasn't going to say anything unless he reveals that it bothered him somehow.

Akiris then went on looking for her last ingredient for the stuffed apple crisp. She got wild oats, apples, spices, and sweet tree sap. Now she just needed milk so she could make homemade whip cream. She then looked out towards the plains to see if she could as any cows, goats, etc... "I need to find a goat..." Akiris mumbled in thought as she somewhat jogged off into the fields. 

ID# 117774 [Searching roll for milk-producing mammal 1LD] = 13 (fail)

[4/5] Quest ingredients found.

@Haltar Dhrim

Haltar was surprised when Akiris laughed. He honestly thought his idea was feasible, but when Akiris pointed out that the taste of food in the game and in the real world would be totally different, he realized how stupid his idea was. Despite this, the girl took it very well, laughing out loud. Haltar was nevertheless satisfied, that was his goal after all. He didn't mind at all, on the contrary he laughed too when he imagined the scene in which Akiris would prepare an inedible dish for his family. "Hahaha, yes you're right, it's not feasible at all!" Then he gave the girl a slightly mischievous smile. "Well, in that case, I can say that I had the honor of eating exclusive dishes prepared by you. I'm flattered by that."
The search for the ingredients was going well: Akiris had managed to find some syrup, or something like that. Now she just needed...
"A goat!?" Haltar was puzzled for a second. He had no idea that harmless animals like goats could be found out there. Did they really exist? He didn't have much experience, so he could have been wrong, but he hadn't seen any before.
"It won't be easy, we certainly won't find it here..." He followed Akiris as she moved away into the fields. "Do you have any idea where we could find it? I have no idea where it could be..."

@Akiris

Akiris kept the smile on her face as she was now looking around the fields. Trying to see if she could spot anything on the horizon. "Hopefully your flattery isn't disappointed." She didn't want him to taste something she made and it is completely disgusting or stomach wrenching. 

Stepping out into the field a little more she hoped that harmless creatures lived in the game. Personally, she didn't know but one can hope. "Yes, a goat or some kind of milk producing animal." Shrugging her shoulders as she didn't fully know if there were any animals like that. "I don't even know if they have them in this game. I would think especially with what they sell at the cafes and restaurants here. You would need milk. So it would be silly if they didn't put any kind of animal in the game like that." Akiris spoke as she started walking slowly out into the grasslands. Hopefully, they could find one. She kept squinting her eyes a little to see if she could see any nonaggressive animals such as goats, cows and things of what she needed. 

ID# 117849 [Searching for a milk producing mammal 1LD] = 16 (success!)

[4.5/5] Still needs to gather the milk.

@Haltar Dhrim

Haltar crossed his arms, looking up, weighing the girl's reasoning. Indeed, the only way to have milk was either directly as an item, or by collecting it somewhere. Or most likely, both ways. It would have been weird if it weren't so.
"Hmm, put it this way, I guess you're right. Okay, let's see where this goat or something could be then..." He then began to search a few meters away from Akiris, walking slowly through the tall grass, trying not to make noise while moving, so as not to frighten any hidden animals.
<The real problem, in case we find a goat or something similar, will be to keep it from fleeing. Maybe if we surround it we can hope to get close enough... or maybe with something to eat...>
While he was thinking about how to stop the animal, Haltar noticed a point where the grass was moving differently, not following the light wind that was blowing in that moment. Noiselessly, he made a gesture to Akiris, pointing to the spot he had noticed. Perhaps they had already finished searching.

@Akiris

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

Akiris was on here way out into the field now trying to find something that might not even be there. "It will be an adventure." Akiris enthusiastically stated as she left walking. 

Now they appeared to be more in the middle of the fields than anywhere else. Starting to walk slower and listen to her surroundings. She noticed Haltar was making a gesture and looked over in the direction. Noticing that the grass was moving differently she stopped moving and smiled. Hopefully, it was a goat, cow or some kind of milk producing animal. 

Nodding her head to Haltar she started to step slowly to the moving grass. Getting right at the point she looked back for a couple of seconds before slowly moving the grass as it parted.

A goat then looks at them both and made a weird vibration noise. Akiris's ended up with a weird expression on her face and her brows furrow as she watched the goat walk away slowly. "no stay here goat. I have to collect milk." She asked the goat as it kept walking away slowly. Sighing she followed it which seemed to not bother the goat at all. The trick was it allowing it to milk it if it had any milk.

After a moment of following it the most stopped and started eating. Akiris checked and the goat did have milk. Now it was going to be the part of milking the animal. Getting close to the goat, the goat looked back at Akiris and moved a little.

She ended up taking out an item that would hold milk. At least decently anyways. Akiris then went by the goat again and once again the goat moved. Sighing in slight frustration she did it again. This time the goat seemed as if it was going to stay since she wouldn't stop bothering it.

ID#117885 [Getting milk 1LD] = 16

[5/5] Quest items found. 

@Haltar Dhrim

The goat they had just found seemed docile... but not very interested in being milked. Akiris had to follow her for some time before she could get the milk she needed. Fortunately, the goat did not try to escape, he simply let the girl do as he continued to graze the grass.
When she had filled the milk bottle, Haltar applauded her while smiling at her. "Congratulations Akiris, you didn't took long at all, great job! Out of curiosity, do you have any pets at home? You were good at not frightening it."
As he spoke, Haltar looked around to find their way back: they had strayed far from the city. Behind them, it could still be seen in the distance. It would not take long to return.
"Well, now comes the hard part: coming back to the NPC to cook your dish. Are you ready for this or do you prefer to take it easy?" Haltar asked Akiris with a smirk, teasing her a little.

@Akiris

Akiris had to try patiently for a little hit before the goat actually stopped and allowed her to get close. She smiled when she was able to get close enough to try and milk the mammal.

"I have a pet, Marten. That's a completely different animal than a goat." Akiris giggled. She did volunteer at a vegetarian office on weekends sometimes but she only was able to do little things for sick or injured animals. Other then that she wouldn't have much experience. 

Getting the bottle full she smiled at Haltar. Knowing how she had to go back to the NPC and finish this quest. It actually caused her chest to feel a bit heavy knowing her time with this new found friend was coming to a fairly quick end. "I probably should go get it done so I don't procrastinate at doing it then not doing it at all." Slowly standing up Akiris then held her hand out to the goat. Slowly petting it as it seemed to enjoy her scratching its head. "Thank you little goat. I have to go finish my quest now." Akiris told the goat as she put the now-closed bottle of milk safely in her inventory. 

Turning to Haltar with a smile she walked up to him. "It kind of makes me sad. After this, we might not see each other for a while." She just thought after this he was probably going to leave and go his own way. Which is completely understandable since they both have different paths. Especially different paths to get to the front line then home free away from this game. 

Collected all items for quest.

@Haltar Dhrim

Haltar jiggled at the idea of having a goat as a pet in a Japanese city. It would certainly have caused a lot of trouble! "Haha, well, obviously it can't be a goat! It would make quite a mess into a cafe!"
Akiris greeted the goat from which she had just milked. The goat looked really docile, maybe she could have tamed it. If she needed more milk it would have been convenient. But this was not the purpose of the game: she will found it when she needed it.
Akiris decided not to waste time and try to complete her quest as soon as possible. Haltar was happy to hear her say it. "Nice choice, first you do it and first you can say goodbye to her, and then you can do it yourself. I would say that we can begin to return to the city then." Then the girl mentioned that they probably wouldn't see each other for a while. At the thought, Haltar saddened a little too, but he had in mind to see her again soon. He smiled to reassure her. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll meet again soon. We have our contacts, we can hear each other whenever we want. Besides, you promised me a dinner, remember? I'm looking forward to it!"
That said, Haltar turned to the city and began to walk slowly, waiting for his friend to join him.

@Akiris