[F1-PP] Symphony and Prometheus <<Making Vows>>

Symphony sat at a table in the tavern on the first floor. She had a glass of water in front of her and was sending out a message to her little flame, Kat. The message read: 

Hey, Kat,

I have something important that I want to discuss with you. Please meet me at the tavern as soon as possible. Don't worry it's not anything bad. 

-Symph

Symphony had decided that she was finally gonna get up the courage to ask him to marry her. They had been dating for several months now, and she had finally gotten up the courage to pop the big question. She just hoped he would say yes. 

Everything had moved so quickly between them. There was a spark between the two that she had never felt before with anyone else. She knew it in her heart: he was the one. The one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony

Katsuki was out farming and killing smaller monsters when suddenly he got a message. He wasn’t too far up so he figured it’ll be easier to just head there rather than message her that he’s on his way. Prometheus made his way to the first floor and his hands were shaking. It was kind of nice that she said it wasn’t bad. “It’s still not very good.” He walks in, ready to be heartbroken, but sees her and forgets everything he had thought and walks over to her, leaning in and giving her a kiss. I don’t care what it is, I’m just glad she’s here. He orders a scotch on the rocks with a twist and looks at her. “So... what’s up sweetie?” The word sort of felt weird coming out of his mouth. He loved his little butterfly, but sweetie still felt wrong on his tongue. Though my sweetie doesn’t feel wrong on my tongue. He smiles and pulls her in for a passionate kiss. His scotch arrives and he sips on it, thinking about what she could possibly have to say.

@Symphony

Symphony blushes as he kisses her, her heart fluttering. Still as handsome as the day I first met him, she thought to herself, smiling. She reached out and held his hand. "So, hun. There's um... there's something I'd like to ask you." She looked around and frowned. No, a bar was not the place to do this in. She needed somewhere special to do this. "But first, you need to finish your scotch and then follow me." She smiled and massaged his free hand. 

She couldn't wait to break the ice and ask the question. She planned on taking him over to a lake in the safe zone where there was a marble bench under a shading apple tree. There, she would go down on one knee and ask him to marry her. She was still nervous as anything, but with him by her side, her heart was beginning to slow back down to its normal pace. 

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony

Her warm hand wraps itself in his, she tells him she has something to ask him. Huh, I guess it’s not that bad. She looked around, her face shifting and looking at him again. Her next statement quickly followed by a man drinking all of his scotch in one go, letting out a little cough. “Damn, this place has some strong stuff.” He looks down and squeezes the orange into his mouth. His other hand squeezes hers as he looks into her amber eyes and falls for her all over again. Every time she speaks, looks into his eyes, holds his hand kisses him he falls for her over and over again. “I love you.” He says, standing up and pulling her in for a hug and gives her a small kiss. “So then... where are we going?” He asks, and his arms wrapped around her as he sways a little. I wanna go, but I wanna stay. I wanna do this with her but I can’t let her go.

@Symphony

"I love you, too" she says softly as they hug, right before they kiss. When he asked her where they were going, an excited smile crossed her face. "Shh! It's a secret, hun!" she aid excitedly while she pulled him by the hand over to the tavern door. She waved goodbye to the barkeep and then led Kat down the street for a little bit until they got to a nice stone path. She took the path to the lake where there were swans swimming in pairs in the water. She sat down on the marble bench under the apple tree and patted the spot next to her for him to sit down. After he had taken a seat, she started to speak. "I brought you here, because I thought it was a much more fitting place to do this then in a musky tavern." She giggled lightly and then took a deep breath, her nerves on the fritz. 

"I know this might be sudden, a-and please feel free to say no if you don't want to, but..." She got down on one knee and held out a gold-banded ring with a red ruby in the middle of it. "Will you marry me, Katsuki?" She blushed fiercely, a nervous smile playing across her lips. 

@Prometheus

The question caught his attention, her being her knee had driven his mind into over drive. What? I was supposed to do that. Was I taking too long? He pulls her up and kisses her tenderly, grabbing the ring and holding it specifically to place it on her finger. “I’ll wear a ring, just not the one with a gem.” He says, kissing her again, picking her up and sitting on the bench. “Maybe... I can get passed... the gem.” He slides the other onto his finger and looks at the small rhinestone in the middle. He pulls her in for another kiss and stands up, looking at the ring and reaching out to hell her up. “Isn’t there a priest we have to speak to for this?” He asks, getting ready to talk to a man of God despite being satan. They generally don’t like me. Especially not when I tell them about my past, or show them my back tattoo. Or tell them about that one time with the former nun. He looks down at the girl and smiles, “Anything for you though.” He says, walking away from his new favorite spot in all of Aincrad.

@Symphony

Symphony smiled and pulled her sweetheart close. "I'm so glad you said yes!" she said, tears of happiness welling up in her eyes. "Oh, and if you'd like a band without a ring, I can arrange for one to be made for the wedding." She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and kisses him sweetly. "I love you, so much, Kat." 

She got up and pulled him up with her. "We can go see the priest now." She giggled a little. "Though I know you probably don't like them. But we can always have him find us someone less... biased to marry us as well. It's your choice, hun. Back home in the real world, I did not have one god." She smiled. "I know it sounds strange, but after traveling around the world, I realized that nature is a god, beauty is a god, life is a god, etc. There are gods for everything, and everyone has their own god, so there must be many if everyone is right." She knew what she said sounded strange, but it was her philosophical take on life. If everyone believed in a different god, why couldn't they all be correct? 

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony

Katsuki pulls her in for a quick kiss and looks her in the eyes. “That’s a pretty positive outlook on life. While I wish this wasn’t true, not everyone deserves to be correct, hell, not everyone deserves happiness.” He looks at the ground, his smile having disappeared. I don’t deserve this woman, I’ve done horrible things in my life. I’ve done worse than most people ever will, and yet I get her? How is that fair. “I don’t believe in any God, I don’t believe we came from apes either. I believe it’s not our business to know where we came from or else we would.” He says, holding her head for another kiss. “Because despite what everyone says, the past isn’t important, it’s the future that I’m more interested in.” He smiles and gives her a kiss. Hopefully she picks up what I’m layin’ down. That’d sound so stupid if she doesn’t. He grabs her hand and they start walking out towards the church.

@Symphony

Symphony smiles and gently holds his face with her hand as they kiss. When they pull away, she holds his hand and starts walking towards the church with him, though she still has something to say about what he says. "My love, you deserve happiness and a good future." She smiled and squeezed his hand. "I'll make sure that you have the happiest future possible." She rested her head lightly against his shoulder as they walked. "That being said though, you still never answered if you'd want a priest or not." She giggled lightly to herself. Just one question had carried them both off topic quite a bit. But she enjoyed the places where these off-topic tangents led. It let them get to know each other just a little more. 

She sighed happily to herself as they approached the church. "You ready, huh?" she asked, looking up at him. Her heart beat quickly as she thought about planning their wedding. What should I even wear? she thought to herself. She didn't really have a dress for the occasion or anything. She'd have to make one instead. 

@Prometheus

Her words made him smile, and he holds her hand, walking with her to the church and looks at her. “I don’t have a problem with a priest, why make it a hassle for us to get married.” He pulls her in for a kiss but stops just short of a kiss and looks her in the eyes. “Wanna save our next kiss for the wedding?” He asks, tilting his head and still staring into her amber eyes, falling for her all over again and trying to fight the urge to kiss her again. “Yeah, let’s speak to the Priest.” He pulls himself away suddenly and opens the church door, walking up to the man at the end of the path made by the pews. “Hey father, we wanna get married.” He says, the man of God turning around setting a cross down after cleaning it.

“Oh, the heavenly father rejoices at the sight of your love.” He smiles, his arms outstretched. “Do you have everything planned out my fellow children of the lord?” He looks at the tall man, and tilts his head. “Not really a fan of the theatrics? Fine, then, I’ll tell you the things you need to know.” He walks into the back room for a few minutes.

@Symphony

Symphony maintains a smile while whispering to Kat, "Be nice, honey. He could curse us or something." She then watches as the priest then goes into the backroom and brings out some paperwork in a huge file. 

Symphony's eyes widened, and the priest looked up to see her expression, laughing. "Oh, don't worry! We won't have to go through most of this. These are just all extra resources for people who don't want to have... conventional weddings." He leans in. "Like, really unconventional weddings." 

Symphony shivered and then looked up at Kat, gripping his arm a little tighter. 

The priest then opened the file. "So, where would you two like the venue for your wedding to be? You can either have the wedding here or at another area of your choice." 

Symphony looked up at Kat and said, "Well, what do you think, honey? Would you like an outdoor wedding in the garden where we first met?" She smiled at the thought. 

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony

Prometheus looks over to the door to the back room and struggles to fight the urge to pull Symphony in to a passionate kiss. That urge suddenly sets itself aside due to the priest and his massive file. Paperwork? Oh god, I love her but damn, that’s a LOT of paperwork. He smiles at his fiancée and looks back towards the Priest. “That venue sounds perfect. I’d love to spend 6 hours in the woods alone with you and the priest as he pronounces us man and wife.” He looks at the young boy, pulling her into a side hug and looking at the priest. “Lovely, now, would you like custom rings or the standard gold band?” His head tilts towards the custom side as he obviously wanted more money.

Katsuki leans in to whisper in Symphony’s ear as he thinks. “What would you like? The regular bands are nice and would go with out rings perfectly, though I would replace mine. But, if we spend a little more I have the perfect design for you.” He says, leaning back up and looking into her eyes again. “Whadya think?” He tilts his head.

@Symphony

Symphony smiled and looked up adoringly into Katsuki's eyes. "I was already prepared to spend money on a custom ring for you, my love. But I don't require anything special." She looked back to the priest. "Yes, I do have a custom design that I'm willing to pay extra for," she told the man, who then looked down and pulled out a sheet of paper for the design. Symphony covered the sheet with her other hand as she wrote with her right so that Kat wouldn't see what she was going to get him. After she handed the paper back to the priest, she winked at Katsuki and teasingly stuck her tongue out at him. "I'm getting you a ring fit for a king. My king." She giggled and took her love's hand in her own. 

She pulled out the a pouch of 2000 col and laid it on the table with a heavy *thunk* in front of the priest. She smiled and said, "Here ya go. That should be enough for the design." The priest happily and quickly took the pouch and tucked it into his robes. Greedy thing, she thought to herself. 

"Thank you for your charity, miss," the priest said, smiling. False smile and all. 

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony

Katsuki sees her make the secret deal and pulls out a small piece of paper folded into a square. He shakes hands with the priest and sets a pouch of 2,000 col on the table, purposefully placing it slightly more gingerly on the table to keep the deep sound from being exactly the same. This isn’t my first rodeo, I’ve bought so many things like this, but still, 50 col ain’t enough to rent a room at an inn for more than one night. He smiles, happy that he made the decision and that he would be surprising the love of his life with a beautiful ring. Katsuki leans in towards the priest and whispers in his ear, “Deviate from the plan in the slightest and you won’t be officiating anymore weddings.” He steps back and smiles like a child again. The priest smiles and grabs the pouch, putting it in his pocket, the weight being exactly the same as the other so he smiles and opens the huge pile of paperwork.

His finger points towards other prices. “How big would you like your wedding to be? You can have it be any size but it isn’t free. Unless it’s just you two.” The priest says, innocent smile on his face and all. ((OOC: I forgot he’s a nice person)) He spins around and looks through the things set on a table on the other side of him.

Katsuki looks at the love of his life and says, “I couldn’t afford the custom ring, and can’t afford a big wedding, which isn’t a big deal for me because I don’t have any friends.” He smiles and kisses her on the forehead. “It’s up to you whether we have a wedding for other people to see, but I don’t need all those other people. As long as you’re there and the one who’s gonna marry us, I’ll be happy as can be.” He pulls back and turns towards the priest.

@Symphony

Symphony raised an eyebrow as Katsuki leaned in to whisper something to the priest. This man is up to something, she thought. But she continued to smile and go along with everything. When the priest mentioned size, she tried to think of anyone she could invite. She didn't really have any close friends to invite, and she liked the thought of having a small wedding between themselves. She was happy that Katuski shared the same thoughts as well. "I'm perfectly fine with a small wedding between the two of us as well," she agreed with her love. "It will be private and just the two of us." She winked up at Katsuki and then looked back at the priest. "Oh, and you, too, father!" she said to the priest while smiling. She couldn't wait for the wedding. 

Though, something was on the back of her mind. She still needed to tell Kat something important before they went through with things. He needed to know her secret plan so that he could decide whether she was worth the risk or not... She took note to talk to him about it later when they were alone.

@Prometheus

Edited by Symphony
  • 3 months later...

Katsuki smiles, of course she would say that. If only I had the col to actually pay for a whole wedding. He looks over to the priest, who had written down all their choices so far, and Katsuki chuckles. “Looks like it’s a small wedding then. Sorry, I just can’t afford a big flashy one.” He says with a slightly pained look in his eye. I just want the best for her, but I gotta make do with what I got. It’s a rushed marriage anyways, what could go wrong? He smiles down at his fiancée and puts his hand on her shoulder in a sort of side hug. “Thanks for all your help father, but we should be going.” The man states, having a plan to take his love somewhere special.

Everything was planned out, Katsuki had written everything down in his head and started to turn around, before the father calls out to him. “You never told me what meal you want.” He says, keeping the two trapped in the hell of a church. 

“Nothing too fancy, but other than that it’s up to the misses.” He smiles down at the lady who would soon be his wife. Hopefully she wouldn’t ask for anything like salad or something, but if she did the man wouldn’t care, so long as it’s at least chicken salad. “Whatever it ends up being, it has to have meat. I know there’s no nutritional value in anything we eat here, so why make us suffer through the pain of eating leaves?” He chuckles as he turns and walks out of the church.

@Symphony

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony smiled and thought for a moment. "Hm, how about some steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and bread rolls?" she asked Katsuki before he left the church completely. It was a childhood meal that her family ate during special occasions, and it carried a dear place in her heart. It was quite fitting for this occasion as well since she and Katsuki would become a family of their own very soon. Her heart fluttered at that thought.

"I will pay the extra col for the Feast Table as well," she stated, her voice emphasizing that there was no room for argument. She had the money to spend on the both of them this time, and she was going to do as much as she could to make their special day extra special. Though, she hoped that she wouldn't be in too much trouble with her fiance for spending money like that. She glanced over at Katsuki, gauging his reaction. 

@Prometheus

• 2 weeks later...

Katsuki smiles as she picks out one of his favorite meals. She truly was his soulmate, and that was for certain. The only issue now is to get married to her and tell her the secret he had been keeping from everyone he had ever known. What if she leaves me? We agreed to meet up when we got out of this mess, but what if this is a deal breaker? He looks down at the ground and clinches his fist. Still gotta tell her... it would be worse to do what she did and wait until the last second to tell you. He says, thinking back to the real world when a woman of his past had broken the news.

Upon returning to reality, Katsuki smiles down at his bride to be and grabs her hand.

Pulling her towards the main part of town, he walks into a restaurant and they walk in. Sitting down at a table for two, the man looks up at the waitress and smiles. “I’ll have the largest burger you have. Make sure to drown the thing in grease.” He smiles. “I’d also like a large plate of fries.” He looks at the girl who was hopefully across from him and nods. “You get whatever you want...” he leans up towards the lady, gazing into her eyes.

• 1 month later...

Symphony smiles and follows along as quick as she can behind her lover. Her heart feels giddy and light as she realizes that she'll soon be married to the love of her life. As they sit down, she begins to thing of what she wants to order. A burger maybe? No. Maybe some pasta? Meh, too filling. She ends up deciding to get a classic meal of turkey breast with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side and some seasoned green beans. 

She looks up and smiles at Katsuki as he orders a large meal. "Always so hungry," she giggles as she reaches across the table to stroke his cheek. His skin is surprisingly soft; she smiles and looks up into his eyes, hoping that they'll always be this happy forever. 

She pulls away after a few seconds in order to make an order, realizing that the NPC waitress is still waiting on her. "Oh, my apologies!" After relaying her order to the waitress, she looks back at her fiance. 

"I can't believe this is happening. It's like a dream!" she exclaims, excited once more. 

@Prometheus

Katsuki smiles as she appears to be happy to be here with him. It wasn’t where he saw himself at 21, but he wasn’t gonna complain. It was like he had gone from child to adult in the last two years and he was fine with having to mature to a new level. In order to do that though, he would need to be different in relationships.

He’d need to be honest.

”Symph... I have something to tell you.” A serious tone makes itself apparent. The only time he was ever this serious was when he had something on his mind, and that wasn’t usually a good thing. “I wasn’t exactly the most responsible kid, and me hell raising life was appealing to the women with lower standards.” How could he explain he was a very indulgent and lustful person without hurting her feelings? They were adults sure, but it was still impolite. “I kind of met this one girl, who I was sort of really into at the time...” the words kept lodging themselves in the back of his throat. It hurt to have to tell her this but if she was to be his wife, he’d have to tell her. What’s with you Katsuki? Why are you so tongue tied? What’s keeping you from saying it? Are you scared? His fist clenches and he looks Symphony in the eye with an intense resolve and yet, a hint of compassion.

”I... I have a son.” He spits it out, wincing and waiting for a violent reaction.

@Symphony