Spoiler

<<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>
Recommended Level: 15
Repeatable only for the drop "Name Tag" | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: @Hikoru

Rewards:

• 1025 Col
  • 1 SP
  • Nametag [Special Consumable] - On use of a Weapon or Piece of Armor, it can change the name or description of the item. 

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must find at least 5 Basic materials by normal means [No fighting mobs, have to search the area. These Materials are used to make the Nametag]
  • Must fight 1 Phoenix for a Phoenix feather.
  • The Phoenix has to meet the loot minimum for players, not the floor itself.
  • A Phoenix Feather can only drop once per thread.

Summary:

You heard that both a Blacksmith and a Tailor have found a way to change the name or look of a weapon or an armor that you may have. This interested you, and you go to one of them. Both of them tell you that they can help you change the look of your weapon/armor, but they need specific materials dropped, along with basic materials as well. They give you the location of where the special material is dropped, a Phoenix Feather, and ask that you go and retrieve it. They warn you that the Phoenix is powerful, and could be a challenge, so be prepared to fight.

Outline:

A4tYyJd.png

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP: Highest Level Players Loot Minimum
DMG: Highest Level Players Loot Minimum
MIT: Highest Players Tier * 25
ACC: 2
EVA: 2
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two turns.

Spoiler

Alec - HP:  580/580 / EN:  58/58 / DMG: 5 / MIT:  84 / ACC: 0 / EVA: 0 / BLD (8-10) 12 (2 turns) / THN: 36 DMG / BH: 5 HP

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Axe of Rending

1) Luck Stone

2) 

3) 

4) 

5) 

2097794730_PhoenixFeatherBounty.thumb.png.fbd5cdb0ea46255eb989ae98adb45b54.png

Edited by Alec

Once again Alec found himself walking through the over crowded streets of the First Floor's Town of Beginnings. Alec absolutely couldn't stand this floor which made him wonder why he kept finding himself here so often if he disliked this floor so much. Alec shook his head in dismay at his current situation when suddenly he spotted a poster tacked up to a pole in the street. As he walked over to the poster he noticed of was from Macradon the Blacksmith whom he'd bought several pieces of armor and weaponry from. The may was truly the best at his trade. Alec wondered to himself as he read the poster if the Elite Blacksmith had ever it would ever take on an apprentice. Recently Alec had begun to think about picking up a profession, not so much to make money but mostly to be helpful and of all the professions listed that one sounded the most up his alley. But that was for a later time in appeared Macradon needed something called a "Name Tag". Alec gave a shrug and headed for the teleporter.

As Alex stepped on to the teleporter he a pair of words he would soon regret. "Yogan Village." Alec said in his deep baritone rumble of a voice before disappearing. When Alec disappeared he very nearly dropped to his knees. Where was he, hell?!? He thought to himself in dismay at the sheer and unbeatable heat of the place. He felt like he was standing on the sun. Where was this? Why would they program a Floor like this? He had thought Floor Five had been hot and unbearable and this was worse!! Far far worse. Sure Floor Five had sand which sucked but this was like standing in an oven. All the buildings around his were shiny and black, obsidian, all the buildings were made of obsidian. Gods alive he was in a freaking volcano. Ohhhhh!!!! Alec thought towards Macradon. No wonder you didn't want to get it yourself this floor is horrible and I'm sure it's only worse once you step outside the Town too.

As Alec walked the streets of the sweltering heat of the blast furnace that was the Ninth Floor Alec began to overhear idle talk from the non player characters nearby about a local Blacksmith who was able to create an item that could change the name of an item or something like that. The item was called a Name Tag which instantly caught Alec's attention as he turned and made his way to the nearest Blacksmith he could find. Once he arrived at the Blacksmith's forge Alec walked through the door and cleared his throat. "Hhrum. Excuse me Sir but I heard rumor you might be able to help me? I'm looking for an item called a Name Tag." Alec began in his deep baritone rumble.  The Blacksmith looked up from his anvil at the large man standing before him. "Yes. I can make a Name Tag for you but first I'll need you to gather some items for me before I can make it. I'll need 5 Materials which can be found out in the lava beds. Then you'll need to track down a Phoenix and slay it to retrieve one of it's feathers. Once you have all those items bring them back to me and I can make you your Name Tag." the Blacksmith stated as he gazed at Alec.

Edited by Alec

Alec nodded to the Blacksmith when he had finished. "Alright. 5 Materials and a Phoenix feather. I think I can accomplish that." Alec stated assuredly to the Blacksmith. "Alright then I'll see you here back in my shop once you have the required items." the Blacksmith stated with a nod as he bent back to his anvil and pounding the metal he held there with a set of tongs. Alec nodded to the Blacksmith and turned leaving the forge and headed for the town's main gate and the lava fields beyond. Seriously thought Alec to himself. Lava, freaking lava?!? As if the desert wasn't hot enough they just had to turn it up a notch didn't they?!? There darn well better be a colder floor than Four then if they have a freaking lava floor Alex thought to himself bitterly as he walked the streets of Yogan Village glancing around at the obsidian buildings surrounding him.

As Alec reached the courtyard within the main gate of Yogan Village Alec reached out and with his index finger performed a quick downward swipe to open his inventory. Once his inventory was opened he began scrolling through the list of items contained within as he began choosing which equipment he would use on this quest. The first item Alec selected was his Vanquisher Shoulder Armor as he reached out and tapped the button for his Heavy Armor with his index finger. As he touched the button the air around his shoulders and upper torso began to shimmer and waver as if they were within a heat mirage there until his Celtic engraved heavy shoulder armor appeared securely fastened to his shoulders and around his chest and back. Alex smiled at the new Tier 2 Heavy Armor he had purchased from Macradon the elite Blacksmith of Aincrad. Again Alec wondered if the man had or would ever take on an Apprentice. Alec told himself he'd ask the man when he gave him the Name Tag. Use this as a stepping stone and proving of his skills he told himself.

Alex continued scrolling through the items contained within his inventory till he came to his shields. He loved his Shield of the Thunderhearts but it'll was a no brainier as he reached out and selected his new Tier 2 shield Mirror's Embrace. As he tapped the icon for his new shield with his index finger the air around his forearm began to shimmer and waver again as if a heat mirage were surrounding his arm till his new shield appeared strapped to his forearm. The should had a nice polish to to that looked nearly as reflective as a mirror while edge was cut to resemble a giant saw blade with razor sharp teeth and points. The shield was capable of dealing devistating damage to an enemy when they attacked him. Alec eyed the shield approvingly and again thought of the Grandmaster Blacksmith who had created it for him and how fulfilling it would be to create something similar for someone else with his bare hands.

Alec contiued his scrolling through the items contained within his inventory till he reached his weapons. It was a tough choice really his Mithril Battle Axe was light and agile improving his chances to hit a target. But his Axe of Rending when it hit well did far more damage. Alec had a feeling this Phoenix would be a tough nut to crack ad the monsters he'd fought so far upon reaching Tier 2 and the higher levels had much more armor than he was used to. If he did hit he wanted to be able to do so e kind of damage so as Alec made his decision of damage over accuracy he reached out and tapped the icon that represented his Axe of Rending. As he did do the air above his hand began to shimmer and waver till his viscous serrated bladed battle axe was held firmly in his grip. Alec gave the heavy dangerous axe a few test spins in his grip to familiarize himself with its heft, weight and balance before he slid the axe into the loop at his hip where it hung heavily reminding him it was within reach and ready to be used.

Lastly Alec scrolled through the rest of his items looking for anything that could be of help for this quest when scrolled past then suddenly stopped and scrolled back almost forgetting his newest acquisition from from the Artisan he had visited Kirbs as he reached out and tapped the picture next to his Luck Stone and placed it within the first slot of his Battle Ready Items list. He had nearly forgotten about it and this was the perfect place to try it out. After all the quest said he needed to find 5 Materials through gather so his new stone should help wonderfully for that. It was one of the reasons he'd had it commissioned after all. That and finding and opening Treasure Chests he thought to himself with a faint smile. After scrolling done more through his items listed within his inventory Alec saw a few more items but just wasn't sure how he felt about them so finally ended up just shaking his head and tapping the <<ACCEPT>> button and licking his choices in. "Don't over think things big guy." Alec mumbled softly to himself remembering the advice his Dad had always given him growing up.

With that completed Alec reached and closed his inventory with a nod. He was ready he told himself. This was his first time trying g a quest on this high if a floor solo but he had this no problem. Some gathering then fight a Phoenix no worries he thought yo himself as he took a deep calming breath. As he took a second breath to focus his mind on the task at hand he glanced down at his faithful friend and travelling companion Humphrey. "I know I've let you slack off recently and relax not needing you to help heal me and all but today might be different pal. I don't know what this Phoenix is going to be like and it might pack a whallop of a punch. So I need you on your A game today my friend. Are you ready?" Alec asked his American bear cub familiar with a stern expression. Humphrey responded by rearing up on his hind legs and letting out a bellowing sonorous roar of a growl as he pawed the air shadow boxing imaginary enemies. "That's what I thought buddy." Alec said warmly as he gave the cub a hug and turned towards the main gate seeing rivers if lava broken up by patches and trails of pumice ahead if him.

Alec slowly walked through the main gate if the town of Yogan Village and made his way into the open expanses if the lava fields of the Ninth Floor. As he cleared the gate he stopped and looked around at the surreal landscape laid out before him. The entire floor as far as he could see was open flows if liquid hit magma some forming in glowing orange pools other slowly creaking along like a super heated lazy rivers if bubbling orange water. It really was quite breathtaking if you stopped to take it all in and didn't discount if the constant sulfur smell and the neatly unbearable heat that wafted off of the lava flows. Every inch of Alec's body was instantly covered in a heavy coat of sweat as it poured from every surface of his body. Alec shook his head to clear his thoughts and set off at an event pace so as not to exert too much energy in his travel away from the village in search of Materials to help finish his quest.

As Alec began his walk through the lady and numerous flows of lava here on the Ninth Floor a thought came to him. He had armed and equipped himself as he would have were he going on a regular quest in search of a fight. If he were going to behind this quest with gathering he should have equipped his luck Stone and not his battle axe. He had gone through the motions of equipping himself purely out of rote. It had become second nature to equip his armor then his shield and finally his axe. But this quest started off different than most of the others he'd done so far, so with a shake of his head Alec reached and with his index finger performed s quick downward swipe to open his inventory. Once his inventory was opened he reached out and tapped the button for his Axe of Rending and unequipped it sending it to his Battle Ready Items list instead of his general inventory list. Then he reached out and tapped the button for his Luck Stone and watched as the air above his out stretched open palm shimmered and wavered as the small stone came into view.

Alec quickly reached out and closed his inventory again before looking down to inspect the stone in his had. He had recently commissioned Kirbs the Artisan to make the stone for him. It was a completely clear smallish rock that easily fit in the palm of his hand. The item was completely clear and see through and inside was a perfectly preserved four leaf clover. Alec smiled at the small stone as he tossed it up into the air and caught it gently hefting it I'm the palm of his hand. Alec began to gently rub the stone and twirl and turn it his hand as he began searching the surrounding area for any useable Materials he might be able to find. As Alec began his search he quickly found an ore that looked a lot like a chunk of obsidian which Alec quickly picked up smiling to himself as he placed the Material into his inventory smiling to himself as he tossed the Luck Stone up into the air catching it again.

Spoiler

Roll: 117856

LD: 18+3=21 (Success)

Spoiler

+1 Material (1/5)

Edited by Alec

Alec continued his walk through the lava flows as he continued to sweat profusely from every pore in his body. Hefting the small Luck Stone in his hand as he rolled it around his palm and gently rubbed the stone with his thumb Alec contiued his search for Tier 1 Materials to complete the first portion if his quest for Macradon. Alec vowed to himself that when he completed this quest and gave the Name Tag to the Grandmaster Blacksmith Macradon he'd ask the other man if he'd mentor him in the craft of Blacksmithing. Alec contiued his searching of the area for any usable Material but after searching for some time Alec came up empty handed. Alec gave a shrug as he continued to travel deeper into the lava fields searching the entire time, he had four more Tier 1 Materials to find to finish the first half of this quest then he had a Phoenix to fight to wrap it all up.

Spoiler

Roll: 117857

LD: 3+2=5 (Fail)

1/5 Materials

Edited by Alec

Alec walked through the lava flows of the Ninth Floor in search of Materials to complete part of his quest. He needed to find five and had found one so far but his search was just beginning and his hopes were still high that the search wouldn't take long to complete. The heat here really was unbearable Alec thought to himself as he wiped sweat from his bald head and brow. His beard was saturated with sweat and hung wet and heavy from his face. What would anyone want to stay on a floor like this Alec thought to himself. If it were real life you'd be thin at least or dead from dehydration Alec thought with a shake of his head as he bent looking for any useful Materials he might find. As his search contiued for useful Materials Alec was saddened when again he came up with nothing usable at all. He frowned as he continued moving on to another area to search again.

Spoiler

Roll: 117858

LD: 8+3=11 (Fail)

Edited by Alec

Alec grumbled to himself as he continued his slow arduous travel through the Ninth Floor and its endless rivers of lava and islands and walkways of crunchy pumice. This floor felt like a living hell to Alec and he didn't want to be here anymore. He held his Luck Stone tightly in a clenched fist as he wished for a speedy end to this quest so he could get out of this sauna of a floor. The heat was unbearable and the constant scent of sulfur burned at his nostrils with every breath he took. He kept his eyes glued to the crunchy pumice Rick that he was tromping on and grinding under each step as he kept a keen eye out for any Materials he could find. As Alec walked along he looked down and spotted another piece of shiny ore that looked like obsidian. Alec reached down and plucked the piece of shiny black material and placed it inside his inventory reaching a total of two out of the five materials he needed to complete this phase of the guest.

Spoiler

Roll: 117859

LD: 18+3=21 (Success)

+1 Material Found

(2/5 Materials)

Edited by Alec

Alec continued his slow deliberate movement through the overwhelming heat of the Ninth Floor and its numerous lava flows that crisscrossed the floor and left walkways if pumice to crunch under foot as you traversed the floor. The heat was immense and nearly unbeatable for Alec. The Fifth Floor had been bad because if the heat and constant blowing sand but this floor was excruciating simply because if the sheer magnitude of the heat due to endless rivers if flowing lava and magma. The brilliant orange gave off a natural light to counteract the dull dark coal grey clouds that covered the sky. Clouds filled with dust and ash particles from the lava cooling and pumice being broken. As Alec walked he continually scanned the ground for any sign of useful Materials that would help him complete the first half of his quest. He had two Materials and needed to find three more before he could hunt down this Phoenix and slay it. As Alec walked along he spotted something under a pile of loose pumice. Shifting the light airy rock aside Alec found another Material to add to his collection.

Spoiler

Roll: 117860

LD: 18 (Success)

+1 Material Found

(3/5 Materials)

Edited by Alec

Alec growled and grumbled to himself over the endless heat perpetuating from this floor it was unbelievable and uncomfortable and Alec didn't like it. He glanced over his shoulder and spotted Humphrey trudging along behind him looking as miserable as Alec felt. The American bear Cub's thick soft fur was stringy and matted and looked like he'd been dunked in water. "I'm sorry pal!" Alec offered in a heartfelt apology. "I had no idea what this floor was going to be like but I guess I should have assumed based on the while Phoenix thing. Fire bird after all. I know this sucks but hopefully we can knock this out quick and get out of here back a much cooler floor. How about that?" Alec asked hopefully. Humphrey responded with a lackluster grumble if a growl that echoed Alec's own disheartened nature. Alec contiued to comb the area for any signs of useful Materials but again they proved illusive as Alec came up empty handed once more.

Spoiler

Roll: 117861

LD: 2+3=5 (Fail)

Edited by Alec

Alec continued the grueling task of searching for usable Materials here on the Ninth Floor so he could complete his quest and return for the bounty offered my Macradon. This floor and it's lava was unbearable. The heat was overwhelming and the constant odor of sulfur was nearly sickening as Alec fought to take slow shallow breaths so as not to fill his lungs with too much of the hot fetid air. He had found three of the five Materials he needed to complete his quest he was over halfway there he thought happily to himself as he continued to scour the Ninth Floor for any usable Materials he might find. As he searched he marveled again at the brilliant orange colors of the liquid hot magma that flowed lazily along the banks of the pumice landmasses and walkways. It was something out of a dream. An incredibly hot smelly dream Alec told himself as he continued his search. Just then Alex spotted another Material poking out of a hole in the pumice land mass he was currently searching.

Spoiler

Roll: 117862

LD: 19+3=22 (Success)

+1 Material Found

(4/5 Materials)

Edited by Alec

Alec was almost there. He had found four of the five Materials he needed to finish this half of the quest but the heat of this floor was starting to get to him and make him more irritable than normal as he growled and grumbled to himself over the endless overwhelming heat from this floor and Alec didn't like it at all. He glanced over his shoulder to his friend and companion Humphrey. "We're almost done pal I promise." Alec stated. "I'm sorry pal! Once we find this last Material we got one Phoenix to fight then we're out if here and stupid heat." Alec offered in a heartfelt apology. Humphrey again responded with a lackluster grumble of a growl that echoed Alec's own disheartened nature. Alec contiued to search the area for any signs of useful Materials but again he failed to find anything useful around him as he came up empty handed once more.

Spoiler

Roll: 117863

LD: 3+3=6 (Fail)

Edited by Alec