[F2-PP] A queen falls, but a monopoly grows <<Long Live The Queen>>

Continuing with his questing upon the floor after his completion of the venomous wargs that were looking upon this floor and with the rather nicely timed aid of his body guard and the rather useful player killer that sweeped up the mobs that had been guarding the cargo. Now it is time to do the rather well known field boss that lurked upon this floor that was located somewhere the exact location being out of his reach as he glances towards the larger man at his side and tips his hat ever so slightly. Next on my list of things to accomplish this fine day Alec is to slay a queen wasp creature that supposedly lurks upon this floor if you would be so kind to maybe walk along with myself to see if we can deal with this creature. Supposedly doing this field boss gives quite a bit of experience from slaying it and being the in the same party of the one who slays the creature in question. he says towards the man at his side with a smile upon his face when mentioning the quest since it is the only next logical step in his quest to gain levels.

Stats

Spoiler

level 12: 240/240 HP  24/24 ENG LD:6

Alec nodded to Dagger. "That sounds like a good idea to me." Alec offered in his deep baritone rumble. "We'll need to find an open field with some large wasps flying around. Once you kill enough of them the Queen spawns and you can fight her. It wasn't terribly tough when I did it before and that was when I was Tier 1 with matching gear. This shouldn't be an issue." Alec stated in a matter if fact tone of voice as he looked to Dagger to see when he wanted to head out in search of the wasp field or if there was anything he wanted to do while they were still on town. "Just let me know when you're ready to head out and we can go looking for the field. I don't know if it stays in the same spot or if moves around. There seems to be varying degrees of difference between when I did these quests earlier and doing them again with you as their primary. It seems they shift and change from person to person and somehow tailer themselves to the player in question. It's honestly beyond my spectrum of reality and understanding." Alec admitted evenly.

Spoiler

Alec - HP:  580/580 / EN:  58/58 / DMG: 5 / MIT:  84 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / THN: 36 / BH: 5 / BLD: (8-10) 12/2 rounds

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Mithril Battle Axe

Really the quests seemingly change based upon the players that do them? He asks in a confused and seemingly fascinated tone of voice as he looks towards the larger man while gesturing with his hand to follow him as he makes his way towards the the direction that will lead out of the town. Since at the very least he himself can lead the direction to out of the town before having Alec himself lead the way towards the quest's destination of where the wasp swarms should be spawning upon this floor. Since in the end he wants to make sure to stay as far away enough from when that fight breaks out to continue searching for his materials as he always is. So then Alec what do you usually do when you're not doing any of these quests with myself, or when you're off doing quests by yourself? Do you have any little hobbies or such things to pass the time? He asks curiously for some idle conversation and if anything it does serve as a nice way to get to know a bit more about the man that he said would be his traveling companion for these quests.

"The majority of the quests are the same, as in the requirements, but the non player character interaction and their mannerisms and responses are different it seems." Alec informed the other man as he fell into step beside him as they progressed through the town headed for the Main Gate. Alec's pace was even and casual as the pair walked. "As far as hobbies so far my entire existence here was originally just trying to figure out how to interact with the game up until a few months ago, then it's all been levelling and questing. I've been thinking about picking up Blacksmithing so I can make my own weapons and armor. Also I've been toying around with the idea of joining a guild one of the premiere Front Lines Tanks just recently started her own guild and invited me to join but if I do I want a profession so I can help out lower level players and even the higher level ones with gear and equipment. But I haven't made my mind up 100 percent. We share a lot of the same goals and ideals from what I've gathered from a few conversations and I'm hoping if I decide to commit it will be a good fit for all involved." Alec offered in his deep baritone rumble.

He nods his head when hearing what Alec has to say as he continues to make his way forward through the main settlement as he thinks upon the words of what his partner is going for. Which is rather a good thing since there are a few blacksmtihs about, but no one particular one has managed to break free of being heard around Aincrad due to the highest blackmisth just having decent amount of prices for the lower tiered players. Well then if that is the case it'll be interesting to see how well such things get handled for other players for these quest changes and if anything it at least makes things interesting for yourself Alec since at least the interactions won't be exactly the same then. He says with a smile upon his face as he then thinks on the fact that somebody had managed to create another guild that was a frontliner at that. Who is this frontliner if you don't mind me asking Alec? I am not really up to date with those people and their doings.

"The leader of the guild is a Front Line Tank named Hestia. Her guilds name is called Radiant Sanctuary and she's forming it as a levelling guild from what I understand. Helping other Players level so they too can join the Front Lines if they so choose. She's intent on helping other Players and her guild being a beacon to draw others in and help them and give them a place of sanctuary and refuge where they can gain support from others of like minds. So far from what I've seen she has a heavy hitting Front Lines Damage dealer named Sey with her and a young lady of lower level named Mina in her guild. She offered me membership if I want and I think I do. I've just never thought about joining a group in here before. That's one of the reasons I'm thinking of taking up Blacksmithing as well so I have something to offer the group as a whole, a skill to aid others and provide a useful service aside from just taking hits for people. I don't know it probably all sounds silly or something." Alec ended in a deep rumble as he continued to walk alongside Dagger through the streets of the town on their way to the main gate.

Well offering a service in exchange for a bit of protection and aid from some higher leveled players make sense to at least myself from a business deal perspective since there has to be some kind of equal exchange at some point for the goods and services being offered. Which for you is probably something akin to protection and strength in terms of the damage and aid these frontliners and other players can offer. It's a reasonable thing to pick up that blacksmithing skill for yourself to offer them something they cna't get themselves if none of them are blacksmiths. He says with a nod of his head as the duo of players manage to exit out of the main settlement and start to make their way through the forests as Dagger gestures for Alec to take the lead as soon as they had stepped out of the town. There is a wasp that needs to be found and killed so you may as well take the lead in this case. He says with a smile upon his face.

#117917 LD:19+6=25 1 mat found

Edited by Dagger

As the pair exit the main gate of the town they begin their walk through the wilds in search of an open wild with wasp mobs hovering around the field. “A service in exchange how the world works, but unless I’m wrong this is more than that. The feeling I got is more of a camaraderie or a family. I don’t think she’s actually looking for anything from the other Players other than maybe the forming of something akin to a family. Now I may be mistaken but that was more if the feeling I got about her and her Guild, which is the one reason I am considering joining her in her endeavor.” Alec states in his deep baritone rumble as he take the lead as the pair walk through the forest of the Second Floor. “I can greatly respect your business acumen but there is more to life than tit for tat, sometimes people need other people for more than just a back and forth exchange.” Alec offers with a half smile to show he means no offense but his statement.

• 1 month later...

Gazing towards the man with a slightly raised eyebrow when hearing his words he just nods in understanding since he knows that while not everything is made for a series of exchanges between individuals on a surface level there is always something underneath. That is how he has viewed these things at the very least since even though his relationship with the tank in question is that of a mutual friendships as one calls it at the very need for him it is just a simple survival aspect for himself. he needs to get higher levels to become more useful but can't do so himself, and thus he hires on a man that can do that combat while he sticks to what he wants to do best. 'Speaking of that i should allow my wandering eye to see if everything is all good to go in this area.' he thinks to himself as he gazes around the grounds around the duo of players. When gazing around he finds nothing and just tips his hat ever so slightly at that before adjusting it back into position. I can understand your grounds mister Alec, but in the end somebody is always looking for something from another even if it is on a subconscious level. Even the simple idea of a friend could be considered tic for tac as you said. Companionship being something you can't trade but it is something that one can offer when nothing else is available to help another in times of need.

#118341 LD:6+6=12 no dice

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

The pair continued to walk through the forests of the Second Floor in search of the open field Alec had found last time he had completed this quest. It was sad to him that some people seemed to only have a weight and measure sense to the world. Sometimes things could be given even when you expected nothing in return but sadly some people never saw that and Alec felt sorry for them because those people would always be looking for the counter weight in every other persons actions throughout their life. As the pair walked Alec spotted the open sunny clearing ahead. He walked up to the edge of the clearing and glanced ahead seeing a number if the over large wasps hovering and flying about the open clearing. “Here we are.” Alec announced softly in his deep baritone rumble. “I need to go out there and start fighting those to trigger the Field Boss to spawn. I’m not sure if there’s a set number I need to kill or what but killing them will cause her to appear. See you shortly.” Alec announced as he hefted his Mithril Battle Axe and strode out into the field with his arms held wide and his perpetual scowl affixed firmly to his face.

When arriving towards the area  he sees it swarmed with wasps flying about covering this entire area in their numbers and once hearing what needs to be done he simply gives a tip of his hat towards the man. Good luck my friend i'll stick with what i do best while you do your area of expertise. He says in a kind and polite tone of voice as he then starts searching the area for mats and maybe if he can get a bit of luck on his side he can find a chest around the area as well while he is at it. Searching around the area he keeps rather low to the ground in search of something of use running his hand gently along the ground when doing so since while his sight may fail him perhaps his sense of touch will discover something of use. In the end though it has come up short for himself. I cannot for having my searching maxed to help me find these better. Maybe pick up gathering alongside that. Fishing? Hmm options. He says softly to himself.

#118366 LD:2+6=8

Edited by Dagger

As Alec walks into the sunny field filled with flying and flirting oversized waps his hands outstretched to his sides to present the largest most intimidating target possible four of the wasps streak towards him as he hears and triggers their attack patterns. Alec raised his shield up in front if himself to defend and idly twirls his Axe of Rending in his grip as it hangs by his side waiting for the group of three Wasps to enter his reach. As the first Wasp leads three others in Alec hoists his battle axe up over his shoulder and swings down aiming for the first of the Wasps approaching him. The agile Wasp quickly darts out of the way leaving Alec's swing to cleave nothing but empty air. The Wasp dips back and jabs its elongated stinger into Alec opening a tiny hole in his arm as Alec swings his saw bladed shield around slicing clean through the giant Wasp causing it to explode in a shower of red pixels. The other three  Wasps followed the first in two striking Alec as the leader had one stinger Alec blocked with his shield before slicing through the two other Wasps exoding them as he had the first as he turned his attention to the sole Wasp bringing his shield back up in front of himself as he stared down the oversized bug.

Spoiler

Roll: 118375

BD: 2 (Miss) 

MD: 8 (Hit) 10-84= 1 DMG (THN 36 DMG/

Roll: 118376

MD: 2 (Miss) 

Roll: 118377

MD: 7 (Hit) 10-84=1 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Roll: 118378

MD: 8 (Hit) 10-84=1 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Alec - HP:  580/580 / EN:  57/58 / DMG: 5 / MIT:  84 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / THN: 36 / BH: 5 / BLD: (8-10) 12 / 2 rounds

Wasp - HP: 0/25 / DMG: 10 - DEAD

Wasp - HP: 25/25 / DMG: 10

Edited by Alec

Hearing the sounds of the battle occurring as the sound rings out across the fields of the forest he just nods his head knowing the song and dance by now of the invincible tank seemingly for these quests battling it out against the lower leveled mobs and thus getting him the exp as well from being in the same party. The sounds of the wasps dying ringing out through the clearing as he picks up some of the honey like product that is within the area as he stores it for himself into his inventory to maybe give this to a cook at some point to have them make something rather delectable as a treat. Though for now the battle rages as he looks towards the direction of the fight wondering why the game was that of a war made by the man known as kayaba. Was it just for the idea of kids being able to fully live out the dream o being warriors and fighters where lives mattered?

#118384 LD:20+6=26 1 mat found

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

In the last attack sequence Alec had managed to wipe out three of the four giant Wasps attacking him. Now there stood only one and Alec shifted his stance to face the last wasp fully as he brought his shield up in front if himself to bolster his defenses while his one handed battle axe hung in a loose grip at his side. Alec eyed the remaining combatant over the razor sharp saw bladed edge of his shield waiting for the last wasp to make its move before Alec struck. As the wasp shifted and swooped in toward the large man Alec flexed his thickly muscled arm and whipped his battle axe up over his shoulder and as the wasp flitted forward Alec swung down in diagonal swing towards the wasp with his serrated headed battle axe. As the wasp swooped on Alec swung his Axe of Rending down in a diagonal swing that slashed across the wasp's thorax the blade cut into the insects hard midsection but as Alec pulled the serrated axe through the ending of his swing the serrated edge ripped deeply into the wasp leaving a ragged gaping wound. The wasp shifted and stabbed its stinger at Alec glancing off his heavy armor before piercing his bicep leaving a tiny hole that Alec's Battle Healing instantly sealed up as if it had never been as Alec dipped and shifted swinging his saw bladed shield around ripping through the wasp and causing it to explode as he stood up and began walking towards the next group of wasps flitting around in the field.

Spoiler

Roll: 118385

BD: 9 (Crit +1) 5+1=6 DMG (BLD 12 / 2 turns)

MD: 6 (Hit) 10-84=1 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Alec - HP:  580/580 / EN:  57/58 / DMG: 5 / MIT:  84 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0 / THN: 36 / BH: 5 / BLD: (8-10) 12 / 2 rounds

Wasp - HP: 0/25 / DMG: 10 - DEAD

Edited by Alec

Stepping around the fields giving the field of battle a large berth to where he will not have to get close to the fighting that is occurring between man and data. The business man continues his regular task of finding materials to claim as his so he can get things off the ground and rolling out towards the entirety of aincrad one material at a time for future investments and payments if he ever decides to buy actual gear or get things that aren't from his own unidentifieds. 'Which should be rare in and of itself depending if i can keep this kind of business going really' he thinks to himself with a small grin across his face as he continues to travel and then gets down low to the ground and picks up another mat and adds it to his inventory with a smile upon his face at the success of another few moments of his time.

#118426 LD:18 another mat found

Edited by Dagger

Alec dispatched the last group of Wasps handily but the Queen's hadn't presented herself so Alec quickly moved over the next group of Wasps hovering nearby.  As Alec dashed amongst the next group of four and brought his battle axe up over his shoulder as he held his shield up before him. Alec swung down slashing into the nearest Wasp. As the first two Wasps stabbed at Alec he shifted his shield right and left blocking their oversized stingers harmlessly away while the third and fourth dove forward their stingers glancing off Alec's heavy armor and leaving small holes in body that his Battle Healing quickly healed. As the Wasps pulled their stingers free Alec swung around his razor sharp saw bladed shield and severed the last Wasp in half causing it to explode in a shower of yellow and black pixels as he brought his shield back in front of himself to defend against the Wasps next round of attacks.

Spoiler

Roll: 118428

BD: 6 (Hit) 5 DMG

MD: 5 (Miss)

Roll: 118429

Roll: 118430

MD: 9 (Crit +1) 10+1=11-84=1 DMG

Roll: 118431

MD:7 (Hit) 10-84=1 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Wasp - HP: 20/25 / DMG: 10

Wasp - HP: 25/25 / DMG: 10

Edited by Alec

Not far from his current look he finds another dose of honey as the persistent buzzing of the wasps ring out through the area as he glances towards the site of the tank player busting through the amount of wasps that make there way towards combating him as he just raises a eyebrow at that. 'I still don't get how people go from normal civilians to just fighters out in this world. Is it a sense of feeling uncomfortable in this world. A fight for what is on the outside waiting for them. Or have they just finally snapped and saw that fighting was the only out they can do with their lives now?' He wonders silently to himself as he then lets his fingers drift along the air to create the menu screen. his hand going to the inventory screen and hovering over a simple item. His hand not moving in uncertainty about doing so before clicking the item. Taking out his axe he swings it around slightly. The weight of the weapon foreign still to his hands even though he identified it. Got it. And yet. It weighs down his grip towards the ground as the weapon weighs like it should. The weapon forged in a fiendish design being put back into his inventory as he sighs softly before going to back to the one thing he is comfortable doing.

#118457 LD:18 another mat

Edited by Dagger

Alec stood with his shield held before him and his battle axe held loosely at his side as he stared over the razor sharp saw bladed edge of his shield at the three remaining Wasps before him. The giant insects bobbed and swayed as the hovered just out if Alec's reach. As the Wasps began to to move Alec raised his battle axe up over his shoulder and swung down in a diagonal swing across his body slicing perfectly into the leading Wasp, as he pulled his axe through the end of his swing it's serrated edge tore deeply into the bug leaving a ragged wound that dropped it's health bar to an angry red flash next to nothing. The Wasps buzzed angrily as they all moved in. The first and second Wasps thrust its stingers forward and after glancing off Alec's heavy armor left a pair of tiny holes in Alec's arms that his Battle Healing quickly sealed shut as though they'd never happened. The third Wasp thrust forward and Alec easily blocked the stinger to the side and away from himself harmlessly as he brought his shield back up in front if himself to defend. As he prepared for the next round Alec glanced over to the man he had been travelling with. "So how's the Gathering going?" Alec asked out jovially in his deep baritone rumble to the other man.

Spoiler

Roll: 118468

BD: 10 (Crit +2) 5+2=7 DMG (BLD 12 / 2 turns)

MD: 10 (Crit +2) 10+2=12-84=1 DMG

Roll: 118469

MD: 10 (Crit +2) 10+2=12-84=1 DMG

Roll: 118470

MD: 4 (Miss)

Wasp - HP: 1/25 / DMG: 10 - (BLD 12 - 1/2)

Edited by Alec

Hearing a voice call out towards him he glances towards alec as he once more collects another sample of this honey like material as he stores it within his inventory and just grins towards the taller man. Well i think it is going rather well i seem to be on a train really of being able to find some materials of my own. Who knows by the end i might be able to buy a mountain of items out of these materials alone. he calls out jokingly towards his companion with a smile across his face. Watching the battle with some interest of seeing the man block some attacks and then trying to give out soem of his own with varying levels of effectiveness. Though in the end he does have to give the tank some credit. he is taking no damage and yet dealing with the threat with practical ease. 'To fight without fighting seems to be their way of doing things.' he finds himself remarking to himself with a mild tone of interest in his thoughts.

#118489 LD:18 another mat

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

As Alec stood ready eyeing the three remaining Wasps over the razor sharp saw bladed edge of his shield with his battle axe held loosely by his side he stood patiently waiting for the Wasps to move. As the Wasps began to move the first Wasp began shaking and exploded in a shower of yellow and black pixels as it's hit points dropped to zero from the ragged open wound caused by his Axe of Rending. As the two remaining Wasps flitted forward Alec raised his battle axe up over his shoulder and as he swung his battle axe down he slipped on a loose rock and tumbled landing flat on his back as the two Wasps dove down at him stingers descending towards Alec's prone form Alec raised his shield up and knocked them both aside as they dove towards him as he lay prone in the ground.

Spoiler

Roll: 118490

BD: 1 (Crit Fail)

Roll: 118491

MD: 4 (Miss)

Wasp - HP: 0/25 / DMG: 10 - (BLD 12 - 1/2) - DEAD

Edited by Alec