[PP-F21] Hot and Steamy

I'm busy with my shop. Ask someone else.

"Fuuuu--"dge. Cause we're all family-friendly here. On the third-floor room of a tall narrow building that was her settlement/shop, a small purple-haired girl slumped down on the table with a frustrated groan. In front of her were two cups of tea - one finished, and the other growing cold - a half-empty jar of honey, and two tickets to a special private pool in Floor 21's famed hotsprings with their redemption due date stamped today. She didn't know why he didn't just shift his schedule around and invite her at an earlier date instead of setting their hot springs date at the last minute, and then proceeding to get called out on an emergency.

Something something guild mates walked straight into a trap while scouting something.

Arabelle tilted her head up to stare at the PM. She stared at it as if staring hard enough would somehow change her best friend's copy-pasted reply to a 'Yes.' Today officially marked the fifth time in the row she had asked her best friend to hang out only to be rejected with a PM that sounded a lot like that one voice message you got when you dialed a phone out of reception. "The number you have dialed cannot be reached. Please try again later," mimicked the small purple-haired girl as she closed her PMs with a quick swipe down. She turned her head, her cheek resting against the wooden surface of the table. Staring at the small black cloth Claude had left on the back of an adjacent chair. Was Mishiro mad? Was she finally showing her jealousy and resentment for Arabelle's wonderful, stronger-than-before relationship with her "brother?" Probably. Those two were way too close for comfort anyway, and Claude better be glad she wasn't the insanely jealous type!

(Or maybe she was, you know, actually busy, and Arabelle was constantly contacting her at her designated 'work hours' without realizing).

But she wanted to go, and not alone!

Reopening her PMs, Arabelle was faced with the depressing realization that she did not have as much girl friends to hang out with as she had boy friends - with the space or without (heh). Inviting a boy on a hot springs trip - using tickets Claude got for the both of them - was just in bad taste. So, girls. There was the unavailable Mishiro, that blonde b*tch she unfriended, some other girls who she didn't really have an interest in, that quiet lady from the guild, The Other Girl (ew), and... 

The small purple-haired girl perked up. She sat up straight in her chair and swung her legs as she typed out a PM. Arabelle remembered hanging out with her, and she was nice and kind of fun to be with. Unfortunately, after taking a quest and going for a quick swim on the beach, they didn't do anything after that. She could only hope the girl she hadn't spoken to in a bit would say yes.

To: Froppy

Hey! Remember me? I figured it's been a while since we last saw each other, so wanna hang out? A friend of mine got some tickets to a special private pool in Floor 21's hotsprings and I'm looking for someone to share it with. Message me back if you're interested! ;3

Edited by Arabelle

Tsu hadn't been doing too much as of late either. Ever since she levelled up her healing skills, she decided to live a more quiet life and just run McFroppy's. It made everyone just that bit more happy, so it made Tsu happy. She hadn't heard much from her former guild, only really hoping Pin was fine. She still had feelings for him, but the way he never came by and how he acted when they last met kinda indicated that he didn't care for her. At the moment, Tsu was just cleaning up the tables in her shop since no one was currently there when she received a message. That hardly ever happened nowadays. She opened it with a smile when she saw that it was Arabelle. She remember having a few good times with her, so why not spend some time at the hot springs too?

To: Arabelle

Special private pool? Sounds fun. I've been hoping to hang out with some of you ever since I left the guild. Anyways, I'll be right over at the entrance of the floor!

Tsu sent the message to Arabelle and put her stuff away. She left McFroppy's and locked the door behind her before heading to the floor teleporter and warping to floor 21. Once she arrived, Tsu walked over to one of the benches and sat down, waiting for her friend to come around.

• 3 weeks later...

The small purple-haired girl tilted her head rather curiously at her friend's response. A quick read through its contents reminded her that Froppy had been a part of the Guardians, but had left sometime after Arabelle came in for some reason - and she was already inactive beforehand. Now it most likely wasn't her business, but she still made it part of her objectives to learn the reason why.

She whistled to herself as she walked. Arabelle was curious, that's why!

Stepping away from Floor 21's teleport gate, she looked around and saw the familiar dark-haired girl with her distinctive lolling tongue seated on a bench. Her friend, whom she invited, somehow got there before her. Whoops? Arabelle wasn't the most considerate, but she at least knew how boring it was to be made to wait.

"'Afternoon!" Arabelle greeted brightly. Dressed in an outfit that wasn't as stylish as her usual (they were going to take it off, anyway) the small purple-haired girl accompanied her words with a small wave of her hand and a smile. Froppy was one of the people she had lots of fun with, so she made sure to express her happiness at seeing an old friend clearly. Arabelle tucked her hands behind her back. "Glad you accepted the invite. I really think we should've done this sooner. Shall we get going? Hotsprings are right over there." She indicated the direction with a wave of her hand, though considering how popular the location was, the froglike girl probably knew as much already. Either way, she wasted no time and started walking, motioning the girl to follow. "So how have you been?"