Equipment:
1) Weapon - Novice Saber - ACC +1
2) Light Armor - Leather Armor - MIT +9
3) Clothing - Barbarian Pants - LD +2

Battle-Ready Items:
1) 5x Starter Healing Potion - Heal 50 HP
2) 5x T1 Uncommon Healing Potion - Heal 40 HP
3) 
1x T1 Damage Potion - DMG +1 (Duration 1 Thread)
4) 1x T1 Over-Health Potion - Max 
HP +50 (Duration 1 Thread)

It was a quiet evening in the City of Beginnings. Haltar was having dinner in the tavern where he was staying, and as he was eating the steaming soup that had just been brought to him, he was thinking about his next moves to do to level up as fast as possible.
<The wisest thing to do would surely be to complete all the missions that the inhabitants of the city can give me, so as not to get me in trouble...> he thought as he sipped his soup. Just thinking about it, though, let his desire to go out the next morning fade away. <It's too boring! At this rate, it'll take a lifetime! Isn't there a way a little faster?> He raised his eyes from his plate for a second, looking absently in front of him, until he focused on the bulletin board in front of him. When he realized he had the answer he was looking for in front of him, his brown eyes sparkled.
<Of course, it's so simple! There will certainly be a more interesting mission on the bulletin board!> He immediately got up from the table, moving his chair noisily, to go check the bulletin board. Various announcements were present on it, from offers of exchange to real quests. One of them in particular caught his attention. <Hmm, this place is close, it's on Floor 1. It will probably be simple enough...> He had already picked up the paper and was about to take it off from the bulletin board when a thought blocked him.
<Wait, stop! What am I doing!? This is not a game like the others, I can't be rash! My life is at stake.> Haltar immediately let go of the paper, staring at it. <However, sooner or later I'll have to risk my life, I can't stay in this city forever...>
After thinking for a few minutes about what to do, he finally made a decision. First of all he sat down again, finishing his soup. Then he asked the innkeeper for a piece of parchment and a pen to write a new message. Once he finished writing it, he hung it next to the request he had seen, then went to sleep.

I'm interested in completing this quest, I'm looking for other people to help me in the business. For those interested, you can find me at noon the day after tomorrow, in the village of Horunka, ask for Haltar. We will divide the loot into equal parts.

Two days later.
Haltar was leaning against the wall of one of the few buildings of the village of Horunka, observing the path he had traveled to get there, starting from the City of Beginnings. He hadn't taken much from there. It was still morning, but he had decided to go there to wait for any teammates who could arrive before the scheduled time for the appointment. If no one had arrived, he might have gone hunting in the forest around to see how strong the monsters were near there, before trying to complete the quest. He waited patiently, hoping someone would show up.

@Kazzy @Clyde

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

You perceive a bulletin board as you are having a dinner consist of roast beef and cheese, looking at the various notices, announcements, and so on. Some of the requests seems to be written by fellow players, then a thought occurs to you. Maybe this is a good way to see if they need any help. After what you have been through in your last adventure, you feel like wanting to spice s**t up a little. Gotta keep the monotony away from having you bored of monster slaying and money making.

You finish your meal first and then look at the bulletin board, noticing a recently written request about helping one called Haltar to retrieve some medicine from a forest. For some reason you feel like you have heard about this particular quest before. Eh, no sweat. Enemies are still weak there much like the boar pups. You make a note to yourself to meet this Haltar in the village of Horunka in two days as stated in the notice. You leave.

Two days have passed and you already made your way to the village. Standing among some of the buildings, you look around and wonder how Haltar looks like. Crikey, if only he described himself.

@Haltar Dhrim @Clyde

So bar hopping and drinking his sorrows away didn’t work like they did in the real world, so what? Didn’t make it any less fun in this one. Just made him taste every last drop of that Tennessee Whiskey the way it was meant to be drank. Why, this ain’t half bad when you’re sober. Of course, it’s better drunk, cause then I don’t realize how much of that damn col stuff I’m spendin’. He sets his glass down and the ice settles, making a clink as the man stands up and turns, noticing the bulletin board as he picks his hat up off of the bar. “My my... A note. Wonder if this feller is still waiting there.” He looks at the note closely and thinks for a moment, putting a cigar in his mouth. “Hey barkeep, how long’s this notice been up?” He asks, getting a satisfactory answer and equipping his gear. Might as well go on and see what’s up... If it ain’t nothin’ special I’ll just go fishin’. He lights his cigar and walks out of the tavern.

About two days later, the sun has nearly reached it’s apex and the man had made it to this run of the mill village, seeing people walk around and wondering who this Haltar feller was. He walks over to the first person he sees and asks for Haltar. The player’s reaction wasn’t a positive one, but not negative enough to draw much attention. 

After a few more tries he finally sees a brown haired player and walks up to him. “Howdy, would you happen to know who this Halter... Altar... however that damned name is pronounced?” He tilts his hat, puffing on a cigar and smiling kindly.

@Haltar Dhrim @Kazzy 

When it was almost noon, from where he was, Haltar saw a guy dressed like a cowboy coming from the road to the city, and as soon as he arrived he began to stop the neighboring villagers to ask them some questions. He must have come for his announcement, for sure. Haltar then moved from the wall where he was leaning to meet the guy. As soon as the cowboy noticed him, he asked him if he was... anything but his real name.
"Yes, it's me, my name is Haltar, with sound H." he replied in a tone as flat as possible, trying to mask his disappointment. It sometimes happened that his name was mispelled, more often than he was willing to admit. Yet he couldn't understand why. Ok, it was a little weird, but it wasn't impossible to pronounce. He could have changed his name to a simpler one, but that was the name he always used when he was online, he was fond of it. He had therefore resigned himself to the fact that it would be constantly mispelled, even if it still bothered him.
"You must have come for the announcement I left in the city, right? As promised, we will share all the loot in equal parts, is it good?" he said cordially, then offered his hand to the cowboy. "May I know your name?"

@Kazzy @Clyde

A bit further into the village and you come across two players on the road, one stands out so much that you think he is from another game. What's with the cowboy getup, you think to yourself as you see nothing practical about it battle wise. With that big fedora and cape he looks like he is asking himself to have his clothes tugged by foes and then immobilized prior to death. You decide to not question it further and look at the other brown haired player who is shaking hands and telling his name.

So that's Haltar. He doesn't look so bad with that leather armor. Judging by that he must be the evasive type. Or maybe he isn't comfortable with being heavy.

You walk up to him put a smile on your scowling face as you ask, "Haltar, yes? I'm Kazzy Kuroda."

You also offer your hand to be shaken by his.

@Haltar Dhrim @Clyde

((OOC: Sorry for taking so long, time seemed to just slip by.))

Clyde’s hand releases the boy’s as the new person approaches and introduces himself. This man looks entirely different from the two players that were already here, and Clyde just smiles. “Well looks like we got ourselves a merry band of misfits here now.” The southern accent being just the right intensity to sound real. His and comes up and tilts his small black hat at the new player. “Name’s Clyde, Pleasure to meet ya’.” He drops his hand down to his waist and rests them on his hips. Well this may just be a fun little excursion. Maybe after I’ll go back and fish for another few hours. He pulls the cigar out of his mouth again, blowing the smoke into the air and ashing it before placing it between his teeth once more. His red poncho is probably an irregular sight to all the players around, and his entire outfit underneath probably gets the same reaction. His hand comes up and opens his inventory. “This ain’t gonna be one-a them stupid quests where ya ain’t really fightin’, is it?” He asks as he removes the red cape. His outfit looked more like a regular texan at this point, and less of a drifter or a stranger with no name.

@Haltar Dhrim @Kazzy

Edited by Clyde

While Haltar was getting acquainted with Clyde, another boy approached them to introduce himself, dressed in heavy armor. The armor covered him completely, giving the impression that its wearer, Kazzy was his name, could withstand quite a few blows.
<Very well, we have a tank! I'm much relieved now> he thought as he shook hands with the newcomer. "Nice to meet you, Kazzy. My name is Haltar" he said, trying to put a little more emphasis on the H, hoping that at least he would do him the favour to call him correctly.
Clyde took off his cloak, which disappeared into thin air to return to his inventory, and commented on the strange composition of the group. Haltar looked at them both quickly: one seemed to come from a western movie, the other from a medieval crusade. As for himself, well, he could fit as a warrior in some desertic land. What a team. He grinned thinking of how they would look to a passerby. "Yes, you're right! But the important thing is that we can do our job, regardless of how badly we look like".
Haltar looked at the sky for a moment. It was of an intense light blue, the sun had just passed the zenith. He narrowed his eyes, savoring for a while the heat of the day on the uncovered skin, before entering the forest, where it would surely be much cooler.
"No, Clyde, this should be a more difficult quest than the tutorials. That's why I asked for your help, better safe than sorry" He opened his eyes to look at his teammates. "I would say that we three should do it. If you agree, we can go right now."

@Kazzy @Clyde

You bow back at both men when they introduce themselves, and with them greetings settled, you listen to Haltar who is talking about some quest that supposedly is more difficult than the tutorials, although how difficult it is isn't really specified here. You simply nod at the agreement of taking the quest together with him and Clyde the cowboy. Whatever that quest is, you hope it is worth taking.

Looking at your own chainmail armor that you are wearing, you decide that you should be the tank of the group. No biggie here. You can take damage with it, and maybe further more if you have a shield. You open your inventory and fish out your full helmet, then you don it. So far the helmet's visor doesn't really blind you at all. You could still see clearly through it.

You look at Clyde and Haltar, the latter whom you asked, "So what's the quest about? Where should we be off too?"

At the same time you are adjusting your sword belt.

@Clyde @Haltar Dhrim

While Kazzy was arranging his equipment, he asked Haltar a question that made him raise an eyebrow in perplexity. Did Kazzy really have no idea what they were going to do? Yet he remembered leaving the note describing the quest where it was, at the inn... may he took it by mistake? He answered his teammate nonetheless: a review would not hurt anyone.
"We must find a particular monster in the forest. It is called Nepentis, and it's a kind of carnivorous plant almost as tall as a man. Some of these plants have a flower on their head, we have to take one of them by killing the monster that carries it, without cutting it."
He shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "The flower is used to prepare a medicine used here in the village. I don't know if it could be useful for us too, but it is certainly difficult to find, it could take a while".

@Kazzy @Clyde

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

Oh right. The secret medicine of the forest. You heard a bit about the quest and remember its summary of plant monsters carrying a certain antidote to heal a diseased village. For some reason the way the quest describes the method to get the medicine reminds you of the boar tusks that you got for the old blacksmith in the Town of Beginnings. You cringe at the thought of grinding again and struggling to kill when your energy is low. You sigh in relief as you realize that you are not doing this quest alone this time. That helps a lot.

"I see," you say to Haltar and turn your head to Clyde, wondering if he is on board on this at all. 

"You into this too?" You ask out of curiosity. You also look at Haltar and assure him with "I'll help you with the best of my abilities." Who knows, you might find it fun to be a tank and be the protector of the party you are in like a true warrior.

@Haltar Dhrim @Clyde

Spoiler

Clyde left the thread due to being busy IRL

As soon as he heard about what the questwas about, Kazzy nodded as if he had just remembered what it consisted of. Well, he hadn't removed the message on the bulletin board after all, Haltar thought. He was glad to hear that he would not face the mission alone. Moreover, having such a well-armored companion would surely have allowed him to hit his enemies undisturbed while he would have taken the hardest blows.
"Very well, I'm glad to hear you're in. I am counting on you then!" he answered the boy in heavy armor with a bold smile. Clyde unfortunately did not seem as interested in participating in the quest. It's a shame: the three of them would surely have found what they were looking for much earlier. But the important thing was not to go alone, and for the moment at least he had fulfilled this goal.
Haltar turned back to Kazzy. "I would say we have waited long enough, I don't think other people will come. If you agree, we can go to the forest".

@Kazzy

Edited by Haltar Dhrim

"Yeah, let's," you say, not wanting to waste any more time being idle. Kinda sucks that Clyde steps out of this, but as long as you are here with Haltar, he should be okay. You walk out of the village with him and head to the forest to start with in this quest. The journey there doesn't really take much of your time as all you have to do is to just follow the road until you see a sea of trees out of it then just simply walk to it. 

You wonder what monsters aside from the Nepent lives in the woods of the first floor. Could be wildlife like the ones in Floor 2 or 3, you can't quite remember. As you keep moving on beside Haltar and stare ahead at the woods, you also think that this place is perfect to hide a treasure chest or even a sub dungeon. If that's true....man, the loot. You imagine how abundant it must be.

Reality snaps back at you as you suddenly stop upon reaching a small clearing surrounded by the trees. You think you hear a rustle, and you want to ignore it. But being in a place that could present unexpected dangers anywhere, such a risk is not worth swiping out.

You draw out your sword and look around for any Nepents on your way.

@Haltar Dhrim

At Kazzy's affirmative answer, he and Haltar set off into the forest. As soon as they were inside the forest, Haltar began to reflect as they walked.
Eventually, his first real quest was about to begin. A type of adventure that he knew well and had already faced in other games, but at the same time a new experience. And as with all new experiences, he felt a slight tension crossing him all over his body. He closed his eyes for a second, letting himself be filled with that feeling: it made him feel stronger and more reactive, he would help him in the clashes that were to take place shortly thereafter. And besides, he actually liked it.
They arrived in a clearing, when suddenly they heard a noise on their left, in the trees. Kazzy was quick to draw his sword, and Haltar did the same.
After a few moments that seemed much longer, two strange creatures entered the clearing. Similar to oblong plants, they moved walking on lianas, and they had an enormous salivating mouth on the main body. Judging by the description he had read, they must have been Nepents.
They walked slowly, perhaps they had not yet noticed them. Haltar took the opportunity to whisper something to Kazzy before launching himself to attack them. "Ok, this is the plan. You hit one of the two plants, I'll take care of stunning the other one for a while, so it won't bother us. Are you in?" Then he put himself in guard position.

@Kazzy

You gaze at the Nepents through the visor of your full helm. They are somewhere half your height, though they are still large. You listen to Haltar suggesting you to attack one of them while he aims for the other. You nod. A simple but perfect plan. You feel grateful that you leveled up from the past two beginner's quest you went through, thus you were being granted more energy to unleash your Sword Arts effectively.

As a final step of preparation, you equip yourself a new iron kite-esque shield that you purchased a while ago. It isn't too heavy and with thanks to your latest skill, you can utilize shields better for more effective blocks.

You step up to the first Nepent and break into a dash, your sword glows green in color as you take a swing.

ID: 118278

BD: 1

MD: 6

Kazzy: 99/100 -- Energy 8/10 -- DMG 3 -- MIT 23

Nepent 1: HP 7/7 -- DMG 3 -- MIT 0

Unfortunately, luck decides to s**t on you for no reason as you accidentally trip on a rock and miss your target. The Nepent hisses as it spots you and pathetically slaps your helmet. You quickly adjust yourself into a combat stance and grit your teeth.

"Tch," you murmur as you curse at your foot messing up this simple attack.

@Haltar Dhrim

Edited by Kazzy

Kazzy charged to try to hit the first Nepent in front of him, but the reduced view due to his heavy armor hindered his movements, making him miss his target. On the contrary, the plant managed to hit him, without causing any damage to the boy, who probably, Haltar thought, was more injured in pride than physically.
However, now it was his turn. The other carnivorous plant was watching Kazzy, as expected, distracted by his attack. Haltar took the opportunity to run towards her, releasing his Sword Art with an uppercut right when he was in front of her. The attack hit the creature, giving a loud scream. It tried to move forward to respond to the attack, but the impact of the blow made her stagger for a few seconds, allowing Haltar to step back safely.
For the moment, everything seemed to be going well. But then again, these were just small fish. The real challenge would have been another. It would be useless to worry about that right now, thought Haltar, concentrating on the monster in front of him, waiting for the best moment to hit it.

Roll ID: 118282
Fell Crescent on Nepent 2 (-4 EN)
BD: 6+1 = 7 (Hit) - DMG: 2x1 = 2 - Effect: Stun 1 Turn

Nepent 2 is Stunned, skips turn

[Rage: 0/1] Haltar - HP: 60/60 - EP: 2/6 - DMG: 2 - MIT: 9
[Rage: 0*/0] @Kazzy - HP: 99/100 - EP: 8/10 - DMG: 3 - MIT: 23
Nepent 1 - HP:  7/7 - DMG: 3 - MIT: 0
Nepent 2 - HP: 5/7 - DMG: 3 - MIT: 0

Edited by Haltar Dhrim