[F-01 PP] Broken Bones & Dying soul

( Anyone who thinks they can come here quickly and seem fit to do so go ahead and join the thread I have no problem with anyone joining here at all Just make sure, I will only allow 2 people to get here or even just 1, I will try to become at least more friendly to them and get to know them even if they are lies. Angel will get interested in that person and will kind of follow behind even if they don't want to)

There I was then, Sitting at the edge of a wall on the route looking out to the wilderness and behind me quite a fair bit away was the town of beginners. I did not want to go back, not yet at least, I would feel the real sun the real wind and smell the real flowers, Well at least for me as I never really knew the real feeling of them at all. I still remember the first time I got in a world like this. Back then I did not feel trapped like I always did, but now again I feel trapped and scared off everything. Crossing my arms as around them were a sort white cloth almost looking like bandages. I felt it, Yet I was too scared to feel anything now. My arms, hands, and legs both covers in cloth to protect me from any of those feelings I wanted to feel so many years ago. But now it is just back to square one and I don't want to do anything anymore. Taking a  breath and looking up for a minute I felt like I just could not care less. Off all people in this game, I would probably be off the worst here, If that is if I ever return to the real world. No matter what, Thing feel real here too right, but I am too scared to know now. I want it to go back to the starting minutes where I felt so good playing this game, but now I feel like before.

Looking down at the ground now I let out a sigh, maybe one of the heaviest I did for a long time. Opening my inventory in hopes to find that one item. I don't care if people saw me with it, It felt safe, a small gift from that man from the outside. My eyes stopped by the letter S and gave a weak smile. Before anyone knew a stuffed purple rabbit appeared in my arms. Even if I was 21 and my height and weight were nowhere good for my body I still wanted to keep him around. I was used to calling him Mister Learo, But here it was sure a different one so I came up with a new name, Sir Rabit Knighting, was his name. Holding Sir Rabit Knighting in my arms I kind of felt better, but not much. I knew being out here could be dangerous, even more so for a low-level player like me, but I wanted to get out of the city where all the scary things are. I took Sir Rabit Knighting in front of me and toyed a bit with his arms, "Miss Yokota, I see u made it out of the city, Brave right U are missy," I said in his knight-like voice as I did this. "Well See here Sir Rabit Knighting, I kind of wanted to escape that place, It way too scary there and I ... Well, I needed air," I said back to the stuffed animal. "That Is lovely to hear u wanted to get some air, but hear, hear missy, I need some air too, so how about U keep me out for a time and I protect u from angry and mean looking monsters," I said again in his voice getting a smile on my own face a bit, "Okay Promise that, I keep u out if u protect me," Saying this gave me a little smile again and I kept on having a conversation with the stuffed animal.

Edited by WingedAngel

The First Floor was home to the innocent and the corrupted. 

Pinball stood vigil a ways away, resting on a boulder that overlooked plains and woods alike. The quiet, masked swordsman sat with his legs folded, a gold and silver sword laid across his lap. The orange cursor hovering over his head dissuaded nearly all attempts at conversation, and most of the time people would generally find themself steering clear of him entirely. Pinball didn't remember coming here, but for as long as he could remember he had just sat here. Waiting.

For something. 

And soon that something presented itself. A sillouhette in the distance, arms clutching a stuffed toy. Was she talking to herself? Was she lost? Even in his quiet stupor, Pinball was curious. He leaned forward as she approached and took her place on a lonely wall across from him, lifting the mask from his face to reveal a cold, tired blue eye. Dark bangs spilled over his face, and his mouth opened ever so slightly. His voice cracked in a tired, mournful sigh, and the killer asked the girl: 

"Why so far from home?" 

Edited by Pinball

Having this small conversation with the Stuffed toy gave me something to do at least, but as soon As I heard a voice of a guy Looked up and with one hand I got out my sword, that seemed to have some sort of skull as the handle, "W...Who! Are... u!?" I asked quickly as I could holding the sword in front of me while on the other hand holding my stuffed toy still. In my eye, you could see that I was scared, not really from the guy but more when I was touching the handle of the blade. Even with one Eye covered by my eyepatch I still saw the guy, He seemed like a normal guy right just a bit tired, maybe bored. Then I recalled his question, "Um... Not that far, I think... Yeh Think," I said a bit nervous to him still holding both my sword and a stuffed toy, while my hand was shaking a bit. Who was he and why did he walk up to me at all why would anyone care really. I held up my toy a bit and moved his head a bit, "you Look like a man, does this man have a name?" I asked using Sir Rabit Knighting's Voice, as that felt like I was not talking to him but someone else. Not knowing how to respond, I looked at the guy a bit up and down, He really seemed tired and not dangerous at all for sure. Yet he had something above his head, and It was not Green like most other players had, what made him quite interesting because I did not know what it meant.

She was nervous. And she immediately pulled a sword on him. 

Strange, strange, strange. Maybe he would have reacted that way, once. But Pinball pulled his mask back over his face now, as indifferent as the mask's kitsune design. She seemed normal. Did she harbor those same aspirations most players her tier did? She looked fresh. Would Pinball have to yank the roots of those dreams out now, to prevent those corrupted weeds from spreading? 

He hoped not. He really hoped he wouldn't have to. For now, he would wait and see. 

"Not far from home," he echoed, his voice muffled now. The black cloak over his shoulders whipped in the wind, the emblem on its breast the sole remnant of a forgotten guild. Pinball tilted his head to the side, but his gaze was locked onto this peculiar girl, and he never broke that contact. 

"You seem maybe a bit too nervous to not be far," the teenager mused, shifting slightly. Not once in this entire conversation had his hand moved closer to his weapon. He wasn't a very animated speaker, either. "Out of your comfort zone? It gets more dangerous the further you go in, you know." 

Then she lifted her bunny plush to speak for her. At least she put her sword down. He was glad he didn't have to kill her for something silly like that. A small wince.

Pinball softened a bit, but he wouldn't show it. He found himself silently wishing for her innocence. 

"Ares," he replied, unenthusiasm dripping from the single word. It sounded as if he had been forcefully been given this name, and had begrudgingly come to accept it. "My name is Ares." 

Why was he carrying on this friendly conversation? Normally he avoided people like this, especially the fresher ones. And if he didn't, they did. But there was something about human contact that put him at ease, if only just for a moment. A very sweet, short lived moment before it faded away into nothing but a hazy memory. Weary and prone to an inner turmoil, the quiet helped to calm him down. It made him think more about the innocent, and less about the corrupt. 

"What's yours?" 

I looked around the stuffed bunny a bit to look at him again as He was speaking, He seemed to be quite caring for someone out here. Not like the people she had been told about. Nodding my head to his question of my comfort zone as I really was not used to speaking to people at all being always alone. The mask he put on seemed quite cute for something that is meant to hide the users face, but I already have seen his face so it kind of took away the purpose off having the mask on.

As he then went on by saying his name I moved Sir Rabit Knighting his head a bit and made him do a bow as he asked for my name, "I'm Sir Rabit Knighting, and my trusting companion behind me is Yokota-chan, But she goes by Angel here," I said using the rabbit to talk to Ares. I was kind of hiding my face from the guy as I really did not want to make eye contact at all. With a small move around the Rabbit, I looked at him again lowering the stuffed toy now as well. "H...hi, Ares... cute... Mask," I said to him not really knowing how this worked at all so I just said what was on my mind.

Lowering the bunny now my body was good to see. Every part of my body that normally would be in the sun was covered with white like bandages and very pale skin as well. While being 5'5" long, my body seemed to be quite thin clearly seeing that I had underweight.

The brunette had officially declared this floor hopeless. The people were hopeless and stupid. The terrain was stupid. Everything was stupid. How was he going to find inspiration in a floor where people hide in their damn rooms everyday, waiting for someone else to do the hard work for them? Was it so hard to find something to fuel his determination? He knew he should be doing his hardest to level up but how was he going to do that when he was surrounded by complete idiots?

Roulette’s brows shot up by a fraction as he heard a yell and some muffled conversation after that. Why was he surprised? This is exactly what he was looking for! He slowly shuffled over to the commotion. As he neared the source of the voices, he quickly spotted two unfamiliar shadows. The brunette’s left eyebrow shot up, not in surprise but in curiosity. These two a strange bunch indeed and he scoffed quietly to himself. These two looked like they belonged in some gothic novel. The little lady had herself a... purple bunny? My, my, did he strike the jackpot! He cocked his head and smiled to himself when she started speaking for the bunny. After he spent a few heartbeats analyzing the girl, his eyes shifted to the boy— or he presumed due to his figure. Strange indeed, he had a mask resembling a fox of some sort and he stifled a chuckle as the two exchanged conversation. What a strange bunch of people.

But did he really want to get involved with these two? Well, roulette is a game of risk, after all.

@WingedAngel

Sir Rabbit Knighting and Angel. She really was a strange one. "Nice to meet you," he said. And then he fell silent. But Pinball didn't look away - the painted visage of a kitsune was relentless with its expressionless staring, until the sound of something bumbling through grass and bushes compelled him to look away. A third figure, this one a man. Was he a friend of hers? Pinball watched him with the same tired, steady gaze he had held the girl with. 

Interesting, interesting. Pinball's interests were short-lived and fickle, but for now these two held his attention in an iron grip. 

A new person, a new set of ideals to familiarize himself with. This one, though, didn't seem as nervous; but he looked about as fresh as the girl with the purple bunny did, so the question remained: 

Had he already been corrupted by the masses? 

Interesting, interesting.

It seems like Ares was a quiet guy himself and somehow peeked a bit of interest for me. I don't know if it was just his marker or how the way he greeted me. But all though it seems like he was better then most people knowing how to act around me. But once I heard something and Ares turned his attention to someone walking up I kind of was surprised and scared as my grip around my hilt from my blade became stronger, Who was that new guy. Now holding the purple bunny in a hug with one arm and in my other still me sword I looked over from behind Ares a bit to the new guy.

I did not really know what to say all I wanted to do was just to go away now as this seemed to get very scary, and the look on his face seemed to be more of something that could be hurting you. "I... I don't like this Sir Rabit Knighting, What do I do?" I said low to my bunny and I Turned the purple head of his up to mine, "you're a Brave lass right, just see what he wants and If you don't like it, Just hide people are scary," I did in his voice low as well. If Ares was still listening to me he could have heard this a bit low but the new guy would not hear me.

Roulette dipped his hands into the pockets of his pants and the corners of his lips tugged up into a blank smile people who knew him were too familiar with. His eyes did a once over of the two again and chuckled to himself when he realized that instead of the bright green crystal above the masked boy's head, there was a distinct orange one. How could he have not realized that sooner? He had a killer right in front of him! Although, the thought didn't faze him as much as he thought it would. Could this girl possibly be his next victim? Or were they friends? He wouldn't be surprised if this was the type of player to pick on newbies on the first floor, either. All eyes were on him now, that's good, right? He took note when he watched the grip of the girl's head tightened around the sword. "Oh, do I really look that scary to you?" He muttered, laughing quietly to himself. He didn't expect a reply but another laugh escaped from him when he heard faint mumbles coming from the pale haired player, already knowing that she was probably acting in for her rabbit again. He knew that much, at least. 

The brunette let out a another humorless chuckle and cocked his head at them as they watched him. "You're an interesting group of people, don't you think? Here we are..!" He exclaimed, casually walking over to the two. "The murderer and the freak."

The murderer and the freak

If those words didn't spark a certain something in his heart he wasn't sure what would. Pinball regarded this new character coldly now, any hope of friendliness squashed by this guy's hostile introduction. He pulled the mask from his face and held it loose in one hand, staring down at Roulette from the boulder's crest. The perfect example of corruption, standing right before his very eyes. He pulled himself to his feet and took his sword with him, though he sheathed the weapon and then crouched to lean forward and leer at the cocky player. 

"You've got a lot of nerve," he casually observed. Anger clawed and scraped at his heart and clouded his vision and his judgement but he pushed it down, down and away, forcing a cooler facade. "I don't think you really get the situation you just put yourself in. Why don't we both take a step back and reevaluate, hm?"

Each word came slowly, like he was taking his time to handle each delicate enunciation with a special care. There was no softness in his gaze or tone - there was only ice. He tilted his head to the side and looked this man up and down with an eerie precision. Sizing him up. 

He had the face of a killer. 

"I've got a heart." 

A pause. 

"I've got a heart," Pinball repeated, "so I'm going to let you apologize." 

I was caught off guard as the guy walked up and got a bit of a shock as he said those words, like something, really hurt as the guy said that to me. I got a bit off tears in my eye as he said that and really did not know how to react but it seems like Ares was not taking this lightly at all. And for my few, it was almost as he stood up for himself and me. My thought did not really move over the fact that I was called a freak, Was I really one or is this guy just a big bully. I lowered my stuffed bunny quite a bit and my eye became even more watery almost making me starting to cry. "I... I am not, an F...freak, Am I Ares?" I asked Ares wanting to know his opinion now as I was seconding my own thoughts at the moment.

But it seems that Ares was speaking with quite a bit of bravery in his voice and was ordering the new guy for an apology. Whatever this new guy said it seems even Ares was not okay with this guy calling him a murderer and maybe me a freak. But Ares did not look like a murderer, he seemed nice and quite an interesting guy who seemed to know quite a bit more then he let off. "H...he is no murderer, h...he is way to n...ice for that!" I said a bit quiet for sure, as I did not know what else to say to the new guy.

Roulette tilted his head as he leered back at the now unmasked killer. He looked far less intimidating without his mask on, but he had almost a dark aura surrounding him that made the brunette smile a fraction wider. Roulette watched him with amused eyes as he met face to face with the boy himself. "So I've been told," he casually replied back. Sure, he may have looked relaxed, but Ji-hu knew that he had struck a chord with this one. "Oh, I know exactly with situation I got myself into," he retorted, scoffing. 

The brunette laughed under his breath and raised an eyebrow as he looked Pinball dead in the eyes with no hint of fear. "Do you think whoever you killed knew that? Knew you had a heart, of course?" He asked, giving him in unimpressed look. "Or did you not particularly care?" He drawled, his voice accusing and daunting. 

"Apologize?"

He had expected Roulette to apologize? "I was only speaking the truth," he exclaimed, faking hurt. He clutched his hand to his heart and took a step back. "I'm a little bit offended that you would think I would apologize! But..." His eyes slowly trailing over to where the other girl and her rabbit stood, completely ignoring her. "What are you going to do, hm? Are you going to kill me? Like the way you killed that player? I'm sure you would absolutely love to do that, right?" Roulette chuckled, his eyes returning to Pinball as he finished his sentence.

Pinball frowned. 

Pushing him probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. 

"You know, you remind me of someone," he began. Pinball stood and hopped off the side of the boulder. He landed softly, with a practiced dexterity. Roulette's antagonizing words would fall on deaf ears, and the memory of a frail girl clutching a stuffed purple rabbit was practically all but forgotten now. He spoke through tightly clenched teeth, a palpable rage loaded behind each and every last word. "He couldn't keep his mouth shut either." 

"Maybe you should learn from his mistakes." 

In a flash of silver and gold, Tyrfing was drawn from its scabbard. With a morbidly artistic stroke of his sword, Pinball painted a bloody red gash that tore through Roulette's avatar and revealed the 3D mesh within. He'd grin ear to ear as Roulette's health plummeted, and let the sword rest on his shoulder. His mask was long discarded now, and the bags under his eyes hung deep and dark. He rambled now with disturbing glee.  "You're right. I would love it. So how about you shove off before I finish the job?" 

"But tell me first, yeah? Do I look scary to you?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN]
Roulette: ID#118099 BD: 7+4= 11 (Hit!) ~ 15 DMG 

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 103/104 EN | 15 DMG | 3 EVA | 4 ACC  

Roulette: 5/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 4 DMG | 2 ACC 

Edited by Pinball

I looked at the new guy seemed to be quite a bit meany to Ares and was now kind of ignoring me for all. He seemed to more focused on Ares for sure but I did not really understand why. I was not sure what to feel but I kind fo felt getting scared, not from Ares but more from the other guy that was for sure. Looking like the two of them talked my mind was quite cleared up from what was going on, This new guy was for sure just a bully pushing others just for fun, and Ares did not seem to like it. 

But as soon as it got heated my heart just fell down, What was going on, Ares slashed out at the other guy with his sword. True as fancy as It may have looked I kind of felt something else, Like a thing I really did not get to place yet. But As I looked at this I thought of one thing and one thing only, Hide. Taking my stuffed toy and placing it into my inventory again and slowly took steps back behind the wall I was sitting on. Once behind the small wall, I went to my knees, as the top of my head was bearly in view. "H...He has his reasons right, The other guy is just a bully right?" I said mumbling to myself. I covered my ears as I did not want to hear the shouting and fighting as while I did that I kind of felt a tear drop from my eye. Was I crying from fear right now, It must be.

"I'm sure we all know what happened to him," Roulette exclaimed under his breath as he rolled his eyes. Though he knew that this kid was all fed up with his jokes, he couldn't help but press more buttons. Hey, if this is how he was going to die, it might as well be eventful. He could see Pinball slowly lose his patience with him, and it made him chuckle to himself. So was he really going to get killed by this kid? Two years of being stuck in this damn game and he was going to get killed by a kid who looked like he just got out of middle school? Damn, he should've taken those two years doing something, anything. As much as he loathed the idea of dying to the hands of a virtual blade, he couldn't help but feel slightly content with the idea. He had failed after all.

Power.

He didn't have that, especially here, where it literally determined life and death. Natural selection. Damn, Darwin really wasn't kidding. It was as if the universe was telling him that he wasn't good enough. Even if he did live, would he still be good enough to keep fighting in a world where death might be inevitable?

Before he could comprehend anything, a flurry of silver and gold blurred his vision. Roulette stood there for a few moments, his brows furrowing as this is one of the few times where his brain wasn't rushing with thoughts. It was all blank. It was a few seconds before he looked down at the huge, bright gash that penetrated his virtual body. The edge of his lips quirked up into a less sinister smile. "So this is what it looks like, huh?" He mumbled, tracing his finger along the red lines. "Two years of being stuck here and you'd think you'd know what this look like, it's quite pretty, actually. Damn, now I understand why they didn't use blood in this type of game. My wound would be gushing it out if they had," he commented, laughing. He looked up at Pinball and smirked. "You got me there, kid. Have you admit, you got spunk." He didn't even bother with anything anymore. If he was doomed for this, then let it happen.

He had failed his goal, after all.

Coward. 

A smirk crept across the teenager's pale face. Black hair partially obscured the pale glow of his icy blue eyes, but still, there they were - burning holes into Roulette's head. He took another step closer - as halting of a stagger it may have been, but it would bring him closer nonetheless - and placed a boot on the man's chest and launched him backwards. Whether that knocked him on the ground or just threw him backwards was up to Roulette and his center of balance; but whatever happened, the force exerted by a T3 and former frontliner was going to be a lot to deal with. If he was on the ground, Pinball would place his foot on his chest and bring his sword up right under his chin. If he had been launched backwards, Pinball would close that distance in an instant and, again, bring it right up under his chin. 

The faint glow of the silver blade was just inches away from his neck - inches away from ending his life. And Pinball grinned wider.

"Well, look at you now~! What's with the sudden change in attitude, man?" 

He almost took a step forward but caught himself, and he snorted when he realized what he had almost done. "Come on. Did you maybe... reevaluate?" 

Pinball would go on, his tone gradually darkening and his face twisting into a scowl.

"See, the problem with you people is you think your numbers are gonna be your savior. Power is everything, right? Just have to grind up to the front. 

But that's bullshit, and here's why. You lose your humanity in the process. You carry on with a blatant disregard for the worth of people's lives. Do you know how many people in the frontlines have killed before? Go, count them. And then you can come back and tell me how many of them have green cursors. But they are not guilty. They show no remorse. People cut through who were supposed to be their allies like butter. It's like they were never there. Llke these people whose lives they took - like they never lived. 

It's like they were nothing more than an NPC." 

Pinball pulled his sword back, and in an instant it was gone, hidden in the folds of his cloak. His rant was done. He raised his arms to his sides triumphantly, laughing loudly and wheeling backwards. "Don't ya see? I'm going to show you all just how important a human life is." 

"I'm going to kill the main characters." 

Edited by Pinball

I did not really want to know anything that was happening and still busy covering my ears just to not hear any of the sounds. I did not hear anything the two of them said but I really did not want to hear it even. Everyone that his reasons right, even mine. Yet I kind of felt useless in this world, just like I did in the real world. People being my age would stand up to this like a responsible adult that I was. But never really knowing the real world and having quite a big drawback with everything I did not want to know anything. Half of me wanted to end it all and the rest of me wanted just to go back to the hospital where I was treated for my illness. The illness that has plagued me for so many years now, The illness that has taken my life to be myself and be a free person. Back then I was just stuck in a room without anything were I could hurt myself, But now this room felt much bigger, but I was still trapped here.

I kind of gave up at this point and just let my back fall against the wall a bit and look down to the ground still covering my ears. I felt my skin burning like It always did and either this was my mind tricking me or It really just burned at this point. What was going on in this world, for all I knew this was how people were in the real world as well, I only knew my family and the doctors plus that one guy that works for the company that made this game

Everything was blurry. He was just standing there a few seconds ago and now he was on the ground with a sword at his throat. His head clasped around Pinball's boot in reflex but he quickly relaxed it when he finally realized what was actually happening. Damn, his pride went down the well in less than five seconds. Wasn't that astonishing? The brunette stifled a laugh-- as it was pretty damn easy since he had a big ass boot on his chest. He wasn't sure why he found this hilarious. What could be so hilarious about having a giant blade hairs away from your throat? But he supposed that this was his own fault. Who knows? If he had actually done something in the past two years, he could've beaten this brat to a pulp, though he would doubt that he would even be alive if he had survived for longer than a year out there. 

Roulette let out a heavy breath and looked up at the murderer with an unreadable expression. 

He wasn't sure if it was the tension in the air or the crazed way Pinball said his words that made Ji-hu's words hitch in his throat. He brought a hand up to brush away the strands of auburn-ish hair in his face and grinned at his attacker as he let out a short laugh. "I s'pose you can say I've done something like that."

Now the kid was rambling on about his ideals and this made Roulette crack another laugh. He'd thought he'd be finished with lectures when he got stuck here, but here he was-- a teenage kid blabbering his mouth away right in front of him with a sword to his throat. "Seems like you've been through some tough [censored] for the past few years?" He chuckled once the guy had finally finished his ranting. "Can't blame you. I've seen a few people go crazy in here," Roulette muttered, rolling his eyes quickly. 

He sighed, grinning still and letting his head fall a bit to the side. Like Roulette didn't know what he was talking about. Like he was an idiot. 

"I'll give it a few months."

Pinball put up three fingers and presented them smugly. 

"Three months before you disappear. Nobody'll even remember you were here." 

He spun on his heel and started to walk off, sporadic stumbles and staggers accenting his otherwise purposeful strides. He hadn't even made it all the way down the path before he turned around like he'd forgotten something. There was a brief moment of silence as his eyes narrowed, the only sounds the peaceful ambience of the First Floor's wilds. And again, he flashed that manic smile. 

"Try to get stronger, huh? And don't die! I hope you make lots of friends!" 

There was a sinister, threatening quality to his suggestions. His words dripped from his mouth like a toxic sludge. He turned his back on them without another thought and kept walking. 

Pinball held out three fingers. 

- Exit -

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...