[PP-F1] Divinity Falls

The red head was walking through the field on the first floor, his mind focuses on the party a few days prior. Why did I punch that man in the face? What business did I have taking that action in that situation. She’s not mine to protect. He stops, leaning up against a tree and frowning. “Whatever, it’s no big deal. He was a right bugger anyways.” He stares at the ground, his hands placed in his pockets and his brow furrowed.

He had been sleeping in taverns and pubs for the past few days, trying to forget that she picked the prick over him. Nothing about this situation would ever let him be happy. He hated this world, and even more the real one, she had always made it a little more bearable before. Now it was back to the same dull world and he was ready to go back to the real world and see his family again.

@Pinball

Edited by Belial

A single player, leaning up against a tree. He looked frustrated. 

Pinball moved forward, his sword in his hands. He walked like a zombie, practically dragging his boots and stumbling this way and that. His head hung low and watched the ground and the grass move and change as he walked. 

Tired. Oh, so tired. When was the last time he slept? He couldn't remember. Remembering things was getting harder and harder these days, especially when all five senses felt dulled and fuzzy. Everything he did felt so surreal. He was watching his life go by like a movie, and Pinball was just along for the ride - a particularly uninvested audience. What was going to happen next? 

He stopped a few feet across the lonely loner, and slumped against the cool, hard bark of a tree parallel to him. He swung his head back. He looked like death. Cardinal had a way of exaggerating a person's expressions. Annoyed would look furious, sad would look heartbroken, and so on. Pinball was tired, and deep, dark bags hung under his eyes like dead weight. 

Pinball almost chuckled to himself. It was kind of funny, being here, wasn't it? He didn't even know this person! Let's talk. 

"What'cha up to?" 

And that's when he burst out laughing at nothing.

Edited by Pinball

Another player had approached Bell, and spoken. The dead look in his eyes kind of scared the boy. Right... who’s this bloke? He looks him up and down, noticing the blade in his hand and then the uproarious laugh, Bell’s head tilts. “Ello guvna, name’s Bell.” He says, a smile and a wave. He had learned from his friends and his teachers that the best way to deal with a threat was to be calm and act like nothing’s wrong. Of course, that would be harder to do when Cardinal pretty much throws your emotions to the extremes.

Belial looks at the other player, then reaches down and grabs his cross necklace. “Right, what are you out here for? Taking a stroll in the woods?” He smiles innocently, despite the fear upon noticing the orange cursor above the boy in front of him. Fear, worry and a little excitement began coursing through his veins, he was sure his heart was racing in the real world. There was nothing he could do. He had assumed this player was stronger than him thanks to his approach, and was now ready to try and leave. “What’s your name?”

Why would you ask that? You’re not trying to be his friend are you? You’re trying to get out of here. It was at this point the fear became noticeable to even someone who didn’t know the boy. His hand had a death grip on that cross necklace of his. How would the zombie react to the petrified boy?

@Pinball

It was like he didn't even hear him talking. Pinball reered back like he had been punched, catching himself in a stagger. The tip of his sword hit the dirt but still hung loose in his grip. For the first time in a long time, a simple phrase graced the deep emptiness of his consciousness. 

I feel sick. 

He was dizzy. His world was spinning and he wasn't really sure if he could catch himself. Fear and dread came crashing down on him, and he was breathing - and he was breathing hard. Panic! Panic gripped his mind and consumed all else. 

"Why am I here? What am I doing..? Oh my God, I think I'm dying. Please help me, I don't want to go. I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." The ramblings came in waves and they didn't let up. He staggered backwards, and then he stumbled forwards, swinging around like an off balance drunkard. "I didn't mean to kill him, I didn't want to. I didn't want to, I didn't want to, I didn't want to, I didn't want to. I didn't want to. I didn't want to. I don't want to [censored] die." 

He stepped forward. "I'm not a monster, am I? I can change. Please, let me change. I don't want to disappear, Lucy. Mish, I don't wanna disappear." 

A silver blade flashed in the evening's golden rays. A single tear slid down his cheek. He clenched his jaw, but this time in anger. The golden hilted weapon glowed a bright blue. 

"Monsters. Aren't we all just monsters?"

One, two, three. Bright blue strikes cut Belial to ribbons. Pinball didn't even notice the friendly ginger's health plummet. He sagged and slouched forward, nearly falling over just like that. But he kept his balance, and within moments his sword began to glow again - but this time it was a deep crimson.

Pinball twisted his head up to look at Belial with empty eyes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Snake Bite] [-3 EN] 
Belial: ID#118111 BD: 9 (Crit+1) ~ 15+1= 16*3= 48 DMG 

Belial: 12/60 HP 

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

Fear filled the boy’s face as a flurry of slashes rains on his body. He was on the brink of death after one attack, and panic filled his eyes. What are you doing? Why are you attacking me? Why can’t I tell you to stop? He felt his whole body tense up, and he began to reach for his sceptre. “Please don’t do this. I haven’t done anything.” Another wave of fear falls over him. He has seen that sword art before, but never been in the receiving end. He had managed to make it two years without running into a killer and he wanted to stay that way. His hand opened his menu and equipped a potion, but as he grabbed it, he froze up once more.

He had never had to use one of these before, and he the realization that this situation was why was finally sinking in. What if he can do that more? This won’t fill me up to save me from another monstrous attack like that. his thoughts instantly began focusing around the people he might never see again. The last face he sees is his best pal ever. A red head who had made him smile every time he saw her. She truly made him happy and part of him wanted to fight, but after what just happened, he elected not to. He had let his anger get the best of him, and now he was paying the price. “You think you’re in the right? You’re not, but I accept this. I don’t need to fight back knowing full well I’m already dead.” He holds out his hand and flips the man in front of him off. But it wasn’t just to the man, it was to the two worlds that rejected him, and the people who had trapped him in these worlds. He finally realized he didn’t want to be in either world anymore.

No more fear, no more pain, no more sadness. No more anything.

Belial: 12/60 HP 

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA

@Pinball

Maybe it was the tiredness messing up the Sword Art's input. Or maybe it was the force behind the swing; the system expected you to let it carry you through the motions with minimal to no interference. But Pinball didn't deliver a very artful strike at all. He cleaved Belial in two, and very well near seperated his head from his torso. 

What was originally supposed to be an upward, swinging blow of shadow and crimson fizzled out and became much more animalistic than that. When the sword lost its color, Pinball moved quicker than even a Sword Art was programmed to. But before he delivered the finishing blow, Pinball took one last thing from him - his pride. The first strike only glanced across the surface of his chest and neck, so in a quick movement he hacked his arms off at an angle, leaving two bright red stumps where his hands were just moments ago. But another was quick to follow. This strike came down on his right shoulder, and cut deep into his chest before finally meeting resistance and being forced out. 

The image of a spear embedded in a certain someone's throat flashed red hot in his mind as Pinball brought his sword back and up and cut through both Belial's neck and half of a tree.

But he was already gone. 

<<IMMORTAL OBJECT>>

Pinball wordlessly yanked his sword free and stared at the screen in front of him. For half a second, he didn't even recognize it. Just as it blinked out of existence, it came to him. He brought his fingers and ran them along the groove where the wood had cracked, splintered, and parted. 

And then the laughter continued, as sadistic as it was remorseful. 

Wasn't that just the funniest thing? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN/+1 EN] 
Belial: ID#118124 BD: 5+4= 9 (Hit!) ~ 15 DMG 

Belial: 0/60 HP   

Pinball: 1040/1040 HP | 101/104 EN | 15 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA

Edited by Pinball