[F1-PP] Opening up a Library

Kataware was in a tavern and was supposed to have a meal while the other occupants were having a drinking contest. Even if Kataware was strait-laced, she couldn’t help but crack a smile. “Look at the fools, “ the young woman jeered at the men, “Don’t you know you can’t get drunk? It’s been what, two years since we’ve been stuck in here?” Some of the men turned to face her with a mug of virtual ale in hand and glaring eyes. After a few mischievous looks towards each other, the group grabbed her arm and pulled her into the fray.

“C’mon lassie, what’s the bother of having a little fun.” Two hands pushed down on her shoulders, forcing her into a seat at the table. “Ain’t this a roleplaying game? So let us roleplay getting a bit drunk.” A mug of ale was slammed down in front of her and the groups’ eyes were on her.

Huginn had stopped in a tavern to get a bite to eat when suddenly some boys had made a commotion when they messed with a lady. Huginn tried to keep his head down and avoid the confrontation, until Felli had flown up and floated next to the lady. He recognized her, but couldn’t remember why he does. Fine, I guess. I spoil you Felli. The boy walks over and grabs the pint they placed in front of the girl and downs it. He sighs and hides the fact that the drink tastes like watered down urine. “More please.” He sets the mug down, looking at the girl and his familiar.

Blending in was easy, all he had to do was be quiet and keep his head down, that’s how you get through life with no excitement. The hard part was sticking out, and that was his goal right now. When he had asked for a drink, his voice was quiet and scared, his face had the same message on it. You could tell he didn’t want to be doing this. His hood was up, and his familiar floated down in front of the lady. With Felli here, distracting them won’t be easy, especially with her trying to stay by that lady’s side. He sits down and picks up the mug, downing it again. “I don’t see why you guys like this stuff. The appeal in the real world is that it gets you drunk and then it doesn’t taste so bad.” He says, his face deadpan now.

@Kataware

Kataware looked at the man who just entered in the tavern and started to talk down to the rest of the group. She smirked as she recognized the boy from a very brief encounter. His name escaped her but she was always better with faces than she was with names. She looked towards the group that had surrounded her and noticed that the pair of hands were on her shoulders. “Thanks, but I can handle them myself. Thankfully, this is a safezone.” Kataware quickly swiped her right hand downwards and equipped her armor for only a fraction of a second before unequipping it once more and closing the menu. The effects were instantaneous.

The lead man was knocked away from Kataware, bringing a couple of his goons along with him. Kataware slowly rose from her seat and made sure the small key held on her neck was still there. The young woman looked at the rest of the group, sizing them up and seeing if they would make any moves. “For the record, I don’t drink.”

@Huginn

• 3 weeks later...

Felli floats back up to Shiro’s shoulder and hovers there, but he ignores her. She always causes scenes and expects Shiro to deal with her crap. “Well ma’am, sorry for intruding.” His shy nature makes itself apparent again, as he can’t look her in the eye. He sheepishly sits down and waits for his regular glass of water. The bartender walks over and looks at the two of the players and the people that had caused the commotion.

A tall man with red hair sets a glass down and pours a pitcher of Ice water into the glass. “Those kids are always causing trouble, thanks for taking care of them you two.” He looks between the two players and tilts his head. “If you’d like some more work, about three floors up there’s a bear I tracked, you’re welcome to kill them and I’ll pay you for it.” He explains with a smile on his face. This man gave Shiro the chills, but mainly because he was a complete stranger, but Shiro looks over to the lady and shrugs.

Kataware normally wouldn’t even think about accepting the bartender’s request, but her eyes were mainly glued to the key around the man’s neck. Even if it was just a storage space, she’d take it but she was eyeing a certain building recently and always ended up out of luck. “Is that the key to that building that looks like a mix between a church and a university?”

The bartender towered so high over Kataware that he had to look almost directly down in order to look at Kataware’s stoic face. “Aye, that’s the building but why are you interested?”

”I’ll take down that bear if you give that key to me.” Kataware had already stretched out her hand which was quickly enveloped by the bartender’s hand. If there wasn’t a pain absorber in this game, Kataware’s hand might have been broken.

The bartender then turned towards the brown-haired boy. “So, what do you want in exchange?”

• 1 month later...

Shiro looks around the bar, and then looks at the lady who took down all of the pricks who were bugging her. “I don’t really want anything.” He returns, looking back at the bar he was sitting at. His familiar floated around his head for a moment before he looked back up at the tall man and simply said, “I guess maybe food for my familiar.” A simple request, but still one that was hard to fill unless you knew what you were doing. The kind bartender picks up a glass and starts cleaning it and putting it away. Honestly, the only reason I wanna do this is to get some experience. I have to get stronger. He picks up his glass of ice water and takes a sip recoiling at the crisp chill of the glass.

”Fine then, here’s the coordinates.” The bartender smiles as he sends them a message and sends the two on their way. “Go to any Sunset Tavern on the bottom 4 floors and ask for Roger when you’re done.” He smiles as he pushes them out of the bar and shuts the door. Sunset Tavern? So cheery and bright... I hate it. Shiro begins walking in the direction of the teleport gate, hoping the lady will follow.