[F1-PP] ABANDONED THREAD PLS CLOSE

Spoiler

This thread is set to six months after launch

Searching for her sister was seemingly effortless, but with the lack in funds, Kityuisa had to do something other than using her entire amount of col on her inn rooms, food and drink. She had to make some sort of income. Refusing to go into the fields to kill things, put Kityuisa at a disadvantage. Her sister was young, and most likely too scared to explore outside of the starting city without her, so Kityuisa had to do something in the city to get her the col she needed to continue her search and still have a place to stay for the night. There ought to be some sort of quest that I can do inside the city... Or at least in the outskirts of the city... without having to venture as far as where the monsters here spawn... Kityuisa was thus on her search. Ready to take action. Her search took her from shop to shop. NPC after NPC offered her quests, but each quest took her too far away from the Town of Beginnings. Almost giving up, Kityuisa sat on a small bench near the eastern side of the town..

Edited by Kityuisa

Kataware was busy flipping through her journal and the newly released reference books from the current frontliners. There were inconsistencies from what she had been told by word of mouth and what the frontliners were publicizing. Of course, she just began marking the pages filled with bar gossip as invalid information. Over and over and over again. Each page was marred by a red circle. Did I just lose all of that time? She had fought the wind the entire morning, only to be told otherwise.

Well, when an honest man learns they had made a mistake, he either stops being honest or stops being mistaken. Kataware let out an audible sigh as she closed her journal and reference book and as another girl sat down on the same bench as her. As she put her belongings into her inventory, she cleared her voice and turned towards the pink-haired girl. Kataware gave a smile and offered a handshake. “My name’s Kataware.”

The voice next to her spooked Kityuisa. When she sat down she had been so frustrated she had not even noticed the girl sitting next to her. Accepting the handshake, Kityuisa tilted her head, her buns moving slightly with her sharp movement. "Kityuisa, pleasure to meet you!" After the handshake ended, Kit put her hands on her lap letting out a sigh, "Do you have any knowledge on quests that won't take you too far outside of the city? I keep asking all the NPCs but I can't find any... I need some way to give me long-term investments with col. Maybe a quest that will let me keep gaining col, even after its over...." Kityuisa looked at her fingers, a sad expression crossing her face, "Truth is.. I'm looking for my sister but... The inn im staying in, I can't really afford it anymore.... I need to somehow get col without leaving the city so I can continue my search. If the quest makes me go to the outskirts its fine, as long as I don't always have to be there..." Unloading on a stranger was unlike her, and her thoughts began to churn... Slowly, Kityuisa had noticed that voices had begun to appear in her head. The whole situation, entering a game with the chance of dying in real life... Losing her sister.. It all was driving her insane.

As soon as Kataware put away the reference book, she took it back out of her inventory and flipped through the pages looking for the sections about quests. Then she went into the floor one subsection and found only a handful of quests. Yet none of them would provide a stable source of income other than the «Earning a Living» quests. Although, something seemed off. What she heard in the pubs was that the quest was that the NPCs were random and weren’t consistent between players’ experiences but the reference book mentioned otherwise. Oh well.

“There’s a quest where you can get a profession. A shop should hopefully get you a steady income.” Kataware put away her reference book and took out her journal. “Do you happen to know your little sister’s tag? I checked the «Monument of Life» just a bit ago so unless something happened to her recently. I can tell you.”

Watching Kataware go through the book, Kityuisa sat patiently, "A profession? What kind of professions do they have? Do you have a profession?" Listening to Kataware's reply to her other question, Kityuisa nodded her head, "Her tag is [Insert Tag Here]... Thank you for helping me, even thought you don't know me that well.." Wanting to know more about the professions, Kityuisa thought about what the world had to offer. "You know.. my little sister [Tag], she was so sweet... So nice and innocent. I would give anything to save her... Anything to make sure she is okay." Her eyes gleamed a darker red for a mere second before the gentleness returned. "I love her!" Kityuisa looked at Kataware again, "Do you have any sisters or brothers in your life? Someone you would give up anything to protect?" Kityuisa wanted to know more about the girl that was helping her, perhaps they could be friends.... 

This exact moment would slightly bug Kataware for quite some time as she would later find herself unable to remember Kityuisa’s sister’s tag. However, thankfully so, the Monument of Life’s list of victims wasn’t too long at that point in time and she was able to rule out her sister’s death. Kataware clapped her journal shut and immediately put it back into her inventory. Maybe I should just get a satchel so I don’t need to go back and forth from my inventory.

“Well, I can at least confirm that your sister hasn’t died yet as of this morning. And I do have a family, but you wouldn’t be able to tell we are family from just a photograph. Mother, father, and a little brother.” Kataware purposefully avoided that last question. To her, it wasn’t something you normally declare in front of others, let alone strangers. She loved her family, but most people would judge her if she spoke her mind about risking everything.

“Anyways, there’s a few professions from what I read. Merchant, Tailor, Blacksmith, Artisan, Alchemist, Performer, and Cook. An expression of confusion flickered across Kataware’s face. I thought I remember hearing something about Fishing as a profession though. “Quest is mostly the same for most of them.”

Hearing the good news of her sister, Kityuisa let out a sigh of relief. One less thing to trouble her mind, she could resume her search on higher floors.. If she could get col and potentially get stronger, she could get to higher floors, and she could continue her search there. Blinking once more out of her own thoughts, Kityuisa grinned, "Good to know that she is alive, thank you, again." Pondering over Kataware's answer, Kityuisa nodded, "Family, is definitely something special." 
The list of professions seemed to have endless possibilities. My sister always liked when I played music for her.. "The performer sounds intriguing, where do you start that quest? And what would it entail?" Kityuisa wanted to know as much as she could before jumping on into something. 
Kataware seemed friendly enough to her, and Kityuisa definitely needed her help. "If you have the time of day and if you wouldn't mind, would you like to tag along with me? I could use some company." Kityuisa opened up a party invitation and sent one Kataware's way.