[PP-07] Worms Are Just Tiny Snakes! <<Case of the Wurms>> w/ Dustin & Arabelle

Kirbs shuffled around uncomfortably on the wooden bench as she looked through the quest information. She wasn't sure if she could do this one by herself. Who could she call up to help her? Someone who wouldn't die in the battlefield? She bit her lip as she scrolled through the very few friends she had. Sey was probably planning his wedding. Kityuisa and Bahr might not be enough for this quest... Perhaps Dustin? She hasn't seen him in a while... before the accident, too. She gulped down the small knot in her throat as she typed a quick message for him.

Spoiler

To: @Dustin

Hey, can you help me with a quest on floor seven? I'm not sure if you've done it yet, but you're my safest bet.

He should be strong enough to kill it, but not die from it, at least, that's all she really needs for this. She let out a stressful sigh as she placed her hands in her lap.

Now, she had to play the waiting game.

Spoiler

LVL: 21 | HP: 420 | EN: 42 | 9 DMG| 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R4 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

Equipped:

> T1- Aftershock: 1 Bleed, 2 PAR

> T1- Coat of Eulogies: 2 Recovery, 9 MIT

> T1- Sure Shot: 3 ACC

Inventory:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Dustin’s menu wakes him up with that stupid bleep that always seemed to pop up right as his dream was getting to the good part. Son of a gun, why would anyone text me at... “Holy [censored] it’s noon?!” He asks, sitting up rapidly and looking around. He grabs his sweatshirt and a cookie, opening the message and reading it. All this business about Kirbs needing his help and sleeping in was giving him a headache and now he had to toss the hay to his slimes. He starts to wrap his Starlit Wave around his hands and then he opens his front door.

Right outside of the fence housing his slimes, a bale and a half sits on the ground. Dustin grabs the full bale and lifts it up over the fence, setting it down closest to him. He grabs half of the remaining half bale and sets it in Mr. Fluffy’s enclosure.

He quickly runs through the field to get back to town and to the teleporter. His feet climb up onto the platform and he shouts the command, causing his vision to blueshift and he appears on the seventh floor. A red head on a bench catches the boy’s attention as he walks towards her. “Hey Kirbs, wanna get going?” He asks politely, holding a cookie out towards her.

@Kirbs

Arabelle leaned back on her bench and stared blankly up at the sky. She had today's latest craft in her gloved hand, and as she held it up to her eye level, she peered curiously at the pool of dark energy swirling in the performer crystal's blue. It had been a lovely ominous piece, but she had no idea debuff crystals would turn out to look so differently. With a sigh, she dropped her craft into her shop inventory and switched to her PMs. She was out of materials again, and considering that she had just gone gathering a few days ago, she didn't really want to go on another.

How did shopkeepers even go about this? A gathering trip every other day? 

Oh, right. Some actually get customers.

Whatever. She didn't want to gather today, but maybe a quest would do. Smiling to herself, she sent a message to a guildmate who she had been spending the past few weeks with. Dustin would know what to do.

To: Dustin

You doing something today?

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 19 - 51 SP
380 HP
38 Energy
11 Damage
9 Mitigation
3 Accuracy
2 Evasion

~EQUIPPED

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY

• [x1] Le sygne ~ [x1] HP Recovery -- Masterpiece: Instant Effect ~ [reference] The 13th movement of the Carnival of the Animals composed by Saint-Saens transcribed for piano. Upon hearing its slow, beautiful melody, the user would feel a wave of calm and regenerate their wounds. Recorded on a rectangular blue crystal with a small black phoenix etched into one of its sides.

~SKILLS
Rank 5 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+7 DMG, access to rank 5 sword arts)

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy + 2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.
Rank 2
» [x3 AoE] Lumberjack (3 Energy + 2 per target hit) - Three wide sweeping strokes aimed at multiple targets.
» [x3] Ultimate Breaker (3 Energy) - A pair of uppercuts that finish with a vertical slam to the target's head.
Rank 3
» [x5] Torque Wave (5 Energy) - A sweeping strike that tears into the opponent.
» [x6] Crimson Blood (6 Energy) - Three sweeping spinning slices keeping the same momentum.
» [x6 AoE] Trample Act (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack that starts with a shoulder barge, then does two large sweeping attacks.
Rank 4
» [x7] Crescent Avalanche (7 Energy) - An advanced mixture of slices, hilt stabs and thrusts at an opponent.
» [x8 AoE] Ordinal Cleave (8 Energy +2 per target hit) - A flurry of eight vicious slashes that hits and targets multiple enemies.
Rank 5
» [x9] Dynamic Violence (8 Energy) - An attack of three slices, which is finished by a shock wave created by the power of an empty swing.
» [x14 AoE] Explode Catapult (14 Energy +2 per target hit) - Two powerful sweeping strokes in alternating directions that concludes with slamming the ax into the ground.
» [x13] Screw Dimension (12 Energy) - Does one slice with the ax, which then releases in a burst of energy, doing the damage again.

Kirbs nodded at Dustin and tilted her head at his peculiar hair. "Nice look," she commented. It was nice seeing a familiar face again. She hadn't seen the goofball in a while. She took a look at the cookie for a second before she shook her head. "I'm good. You have too much food for your own good," she laughed briefly.

She focused on his hair again. It was bright. Helluva bright. It was strange. She liked his old hair... although, it was pretty dull when it came to terms with color. This was a nice change, though. She didn't mind it that much. "Alright. You wanna do anything before we leave?" She tapped on her wrist-- at her imaginary watch. "We still have all day to do this, and this quest mob shouldn't be so hard so kill, anyway." Although, she was a rush to get levels, her friend's comfort came before everything.

Arabelle’s message caught the boy off guard as he looked down at Kirbs and suddenly her face was covered by an envelope, the ding distracting him from the what she said. “Oh, sorry... I gotta take this.” He turns away and opens the menu, pulling up Arabelle’s message and quickly typing a reply. After he says what he needs to say, his menu closes and he turns back to the girl he was talking to before. “What were you saying?” His question punctuated with a bite of the cookie he had offered her. “Yeah, I do. Which is why I give everyone snacks.” He smiles as he finishes the sweet in his hand.

Her next question was one he hadn’t heard before. Usually it was “let’s rush to get this done and leave comfort for when we get back to the real world” and Dustin liked this change of pace. It was like she understood this was a game, despite its flaws it still has beauty. “Actually, you cool if we wait for someone? She’s a friend of mine, I’m not sure if you’ve met her or not. Her name’s Arabelle, and she tends to be fun.” He smiles as he sits himself on a bench and looks around for the signature purple hair.

Spoiler

To: @Arabelle

I’m helping Kirbs with a quest, you wanna tag along? I’ll make it worth your while... ;)

To: Dustin

Sure. Will be there in a sec, sugar. ;)

Arabelle dismissed her PMs with a satisfied smile. She was right in her decision to ask Dustin today: not only was his reply fast, but he also invited her to hang out even though he was taking a quest! No, more like he asked her to accompany him instead of rejecting her outright. Mishiro and Claude better be taking notes. She hopped off her bench and reentered her shop. The previously silent first floor was quickly filled with the sound of her whistling as she picked a crystal off the shelves and pocketed it, then changed into her battle attire and summoned her scythe.

"Keep watch, Moondust," the small purple-haired girl ordered her familiar when it flew down to greet her. She wasn't going to bring it; it was completely useless in a fight. Securing her hair to the back of her head with a distinctive red bow, she exited the three-story building and made the quick journey to Floor 7.

Arabelle was almost ashamed to say that she recognized the girl she'd only spoken to twice before she did her second favorite guildmate. But to be fair, that was entirely because his hair was now a vibrant blue and he was wearing a different set of clothes. What was this? A phase?

"Hello! Kirbs, Dustin..." she greeted a wave. Approaching the two, she eyed Dustin up and down then she turned to Kirbs with a friendly smile. "Remember me from the Christmas fair? Well, if you don't, I'll reintroduce myself anyway. My name's Arabelle, nice seeing you again!" The small purple-haired girl shook the redhead's hand and turned back to Dustin. "Hey. What's with the sudden change in style? Hate to bring that image to your head, but you kind of look like one of those K-pop stars now."

Edited by Arabelle

Kirbs shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Okay. I've met her before. She seems pretty nice," the girl commented, looking around for the distinct purple hair as well. 

It wasn't long before she would find it, too. Waving back at the girl, she smiled softly back and nodded her head. "Of course. I think we were  bullying Dustin with snowballs at the time?" She remarked, shooting a sly smirk at Dustin before laughing it off. Her eyes drifted over to the bright head of Dustin again and she nearly started cackling with laughter. Her shoulders were shaking as she slapped a hand over her mouth. "K-pop star," she exclaimed, wheezing. Her free hand clutched her stomach as she bent over and cackled. "I-I have never heard a statement so true in my life!" She wheezed, coughing only a few seconds later. 

After a few more long seconds of just wheezing, giggling, and coughing, she finally sobered up and clapped her hands together. "Alright! So we're here today to kill some big ol' snake worm things!"

Dustin’s fists tightened up and he scowled at the two girls. “If y’all don’t like it I’ll go back.” His face was almost angry, and he was fighting the urge to kill them both for insulting him in such a way. Why would they say that? Why would anyone say that? I should just kill them for it, then it won’t matter what they said. He smiles, waving off their jokes. “At least I’m not a red head or short.” He turns and begins to walk away, when she mentions something about a fight. “Wurms you say?” He asks, intrigued by the implication of combat. “I’d be down to kill a few wurms.” He smiles, pulling out a cookie and handing it to Kirbs.

Looking to Arabelle a deadpan expression falls on the boy’s face and he looks her in the eyes. “You don’t get one for that earlier comment.” He turns back to Kirbs with a bright smile and bows out of the way. “Take us to where we need to go.” He backs up next to Arabelle.

Next to the guildmate with Purple hair he leans over and whispers, “I lied, I’d never leave you out of it.” He smiles, offering a cupcake in secret to Arabelle.

It wasn't that Arabelle disliked his appearance. It was just too different - leagues different from the original one - and would take lots of getting used to. And it really did make him look like one of those girly K-pop artists. And it did look kind of weird, like the style wasn't at all suited to his face and personality. But she didn't dislike it. Not in the slightest. Baka!

"Hehhh? I don't not like it though?" Undaunted by his rather unusual reaction, she simply tilted her head to the side and smiled innocently. Maybe he just didn't like being teased. She poked fun at him plenty of times and she could count a few where he didn't have the best reactions. Just a result of a general lack of composure and self-confidence, maybe. "But seriously, what's with the change of style? I didn't even hear about any of this beforehand. So unfair! And here I thought we had something special."

Arabelle's feigned disappointment remained as Dustin handed off a cookie to Kirbs and not her. Then she hid her hands behind her back and went, "So that's how it—" 

Dustin handed her a cupcake, which was a huge step up from the cookie he'd given Kirbs, so Arabelle decided they were all good now. She took the cupcake with a bright smile. "Of course." Snacking on her cupcake with visible and smug satisfaction, she turned back to Kirbs. "That Wurms quest, right? Hm, hm, we can take that on. Lead the way~!"

She rolled her eyes at his outburst and bit back an angry outburst as well. "What's got your panties in a twist?" she muttered. "And what's wrong with being a redhead?" She suddenly grew louder, staring daggers at him. God-- she didn't know what was going on with her at this point. Maybe her lack of sleep was really messing with her head at this point- Her ears perked when his voice did a complete one-eighty. "Are you bloody bipolar or something?" She muttered under her breath, shaking her head. She took one glance at the cookie and shook her head again. "I'm good. Not hungry."

Kirbs sighed as she began to start walking off to wherever that damn thing was. She felt out of place, though. Stealing a glance at the two from behind her, she smiled sadly with a hint of envy. She wished she had that someone she could be close to. Sey was off in the front lines. Kityuisa and Bahr had their own lives, and her best friend was dead. Who did she even have anymore? 

Dustin opens his menu and sends Arabelle and Kirbs a party invite. “I gotta go do something really quickly. I’ll catch up, y’all have fun.” He laughs and runs through the town, finding in the back corner an alchemy shop. The selection wasn’t very limited, but it was however a small shop. The open air allowed for easy access to all of the shops. He walks to the back of the shop and looks at the cute owner of the shop. “Hey, I made the mistake of trying to look good for my friend... she didn’t like it. Do you have any light brown hair dye to remove this stupid color?” He asks, she turns around and moves into the back of the shop. “On the house, but next time you need something stop by.” She smiles and waves as he backs out of the shop.

He follows the information on the map as he regroups with the party. Upon reaching them he would drink the potion and pull his hood up. They didn’t like it before, and it kind of hurt, but he would rather not have a hair color no one likes. “Hey, what’d I miss?” He asks genuinely, his hood covering his hair, and his face innocent as a child.

Oh, heckWhat had been intended as a fairly innocuous tease sort of ended up with the general mood sliding out of her grasp and down a rocky slope. Kirbs wasn't smiling and laughing anymore. There was Dustin overreacting a moment ago, and now he was off and running back to the safe zone. Neither were left with the opportunity to shoot insults at one another, which would have been rather fun to watch but was overall an unhealthy environment to be working in, especially when they were about to take a quest together.

"...And I just told him I did not not like it. Double negation equals a positive. Guess he didn't pick up on that, huh?" Left with Kirbs for a good few minutes as Dustin went off to do whatever he planned on doing, the small purple-haired girl had decided to make some conversation. She seemed like a fun person, Arabelle had decided. She threw a snowball at Dustin once and anyone playful enough to do that was a fun person in her book. "Well! You can't always expect everyone to be on the same track as you. People can end up having loads of different interpretations to a single statement after all! Mhm, it all goes down to different ways of looking at things. By the way, anything interesting happen lately? I haven't seen you since that uh - thing with that drunk guy with white hair."

Dustin reappeared and one glance at his face under the hood gave her all the answers she needed.

"Nothing much," Arabelle said innocently. She tucked her hands behind her back and regarded him thoughtfully, almost long enough to be noticeable. Then she turned right back and wordlessly continued to follow Kirbs to the quest location. A minute passed. She kicked a pebble forward with her boot. Then she ditched it altogether and turned back to her guildmate with a smirk. "So, what made you do that change earlier? You certainly didn't seem too happy about it when I spoke up."

A beat passed. Then she figured it was liable to misunderstanding, so she quickly continued, "I'd like the color that Dustin likes more! It would be obvious if you did, right? You'd end up wearing it naturally so that even if it looks new at first, it still feels like a part of you. So don't pressure yourself to do things you don't like, okay? It's the worst and frankly a bit of a waste. Life is short, after all! I wouldn't want to waste it on doing things I don't like."

Really though, he seemed much more self-conscious than she had ever thought he was.

Arabelle turned back, whistling to herself innocently. They were nearing the quest location now, and she found her gloved hands slowly inching towards her scythe.
Edited by Arabelle

Interesting?

"My best friend died," she said rather plainly. She wasn't really sure why she had blurted it out so suddenly, but damn, she was tired of people asking the same questions over and over again.

She looked over to the appearing Dustin and shrugged. "Nothing."

She didn't really comment on how he had changed his hair, again, but just figured he was probably on some kind of sugar high or something. 

As she continued their route to the quest location, she kind of just blocked out all the talking. Arabelle was a nice person, do doubt, but damn, Kirbs really didn't need conversation right now. 

Her grip around her spear tightened as they arrived at the location, and it wasn't long before the worm came bursting out of the ground. "Here we go," she mumbled, darting off with her spear in front of her. 

[Too lazy to write out that fighting scene]

Kirbs landed softly on the ground with a small 'umph' and looked back at her party. "I think you guys can kill it before the paralysis wears off."

Spoiler

ID: 120862

BD: 12, +2 DMG [PARALYZE+BLEED]

9+2=11x10=110+12 [BLEED]

CD: 7, +2 EN

MD:

Kirbs: H: 2 | HP: 420/420 | EN: 34/42 | 9 DMG| 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

@Dustin: H: 0

@Arabelle: H: 0

Amphis Serpens: HP: 98/175 | 45 MIT | 70 DMG [PARALYZED+BLEED]

Dustin’s hand started glowing dark green. I was trying to honor a friend, but it didn’t work I guess. Maybe I’ll just make a sword with her name on it... He frowns, an expression he almost never makes when entering a fight. Maybe I can just let everyone forget she existed. He runs in and jumps up, punching the snake right in its stupid face. It’s head flies back and slams into its other head, as the monster’s HP bar drops to the red and keeps falling. “Next time, Belle goes first.” His voice was monotone and it was clear his mind wasn’t on the fight. He hadn’t even pulled out a snack since he got back.

His hands turn to fists and his fists bury themselves in his pockets. The objective was complete and Arabelle and Kirbs had already insulted him today. Maybe that help was enough for a bit. He turns and starts to walk back towards the settlement without a word to the girls around him. Today just isn’t his day, and he’d rather just head home and take a nap. Maybe get some takeout or something. He just needed a way to get this stupid day to wind down. A book would be nice, but he’d have to buy it and all that, it’s a whole process. I could ask Arabelle to hang out with me, but I don’t think she’d want to. His face just falls towards the ground.

Spoiler

ID: 120866

BD: 10 + 2 = 12 (+2 DMG)

15 + 2 = 17 * 15 = 255 - 45 = 190 DMG

98 - 190 = 0 HP

Spoiler

Dustin: 500/500 HP | 33/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 5

Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 34/42 | 9 DMG| 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

[DEAD] Amphis Serpens: 0/175 HP | 45 MIT | 70 DMG 

[OOC: Dustin Leaves the thread]

Edited by Dustin
Double oh heck! Arabelle thought she'd asked one of the safest questions in existence, but apparently not. What was the usual answer to these sorts of small talk? "I finished this quest a few days ago." or "I went to this NPC settlement that served really good food." or "Oh, nothing much." Etc. But she really didn't expect Kirbs to say that her best friend died. Suddenly, the redhead barely resembled the playful energetic girl she met last Christmas. Why would she have said that? People didn't usually say those things without wanting to see some sort of reaction, whether it be words of comfort or plain leaving them alone. 

Arabelle had no words for her. She barely knew Kirbs.

Her second favorite guildmate didn't acknowledge her question about his hair. Whatever. You do you. One wasn't in the mood. The other was kind of mad at her. Their gloominess was kind of rubbing off on her, and it left her feeling a bit annoyed at a normal conversation taking a downhill dip like this. So she didn't speak any more and they spent the rest of the walk in a very awkward silence.

Arabelle didn't like it.

The large wurm emerged from the ground and she unsheathed her scythe, giving it a few practice swings. Kirbs <<Paralyzed>> it. Apparently, its MIT was pretty high - higher than the second dragon's MIT - because the spear wielder didn't do as much damage as she would have expected. Dustin went straight for the head and -

The mob fell to the ground, dead.

Not again!

The first time she barely contributed to a quest, she dealt less than five damage but actually helped in keeping a dragon <<Paralyzed>> and off her tanks. This time, she didn't even get the chance to fight at all, bringing her damage output to a resounding zero. After all that leveling... her performance had somehow dropped. She was just as bad as the players she liked to tease for being too weak, and it pissed her off.

"So that's it?" the small purple-haired girl asked, flatly. She spotted a group of smaller wurms emerge from the ground at the two's disturbance and immediately, she latched onto the opportunity. Ignoring Dustin who had started to walk back to the settlement, she turned to Kirbs and gestured at the mobs with her usual smile. "Help me take them down? We came all the way here, might as well kill some before heading back!"

Arabelle would charge at them either way. Her glowing scythe spun in her gloved hands and she shot forward. The wurms had already taken notice; all four burrowed into the ground and reemerge near her to take a chomp at the aggressive female player. Ignoring her dropping health bar, she thrust her scythe at the ground and swung herself over it, landing neatly within striking distance. 

The wurms were still reeling around to face her when she unleashed her Sword Art in two great swings.

Spoiler

[1] ID: 121081 | BD: 8 | MD: 8 - 2 = 6 | Explode Catapult: 11 * 14 = 154 DMG to Wurm 1 | 63 - 9 = 54 DMG to Arabelle
[2] ID: 121082 | BD: 10 | MD: 4 | Explode Catapult: (11 + 2) * 14 = 182 DMG to Wurm 2
[3] ID: 121083 | BD: 2 + 3 = 5 | MD: 9 | (63 + 1) - 9 = 55 DMG to Arabelle
[4] ID: 121084 | BD: 7 | MD: 6 - 2 = 4 | Explode Catapult: 11 * 14 = 154 DMG to Wurm 4

14 + (2 * 3) = 20 EN

[H:1/2/0/1] Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 18/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0/0/0/0] Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 34/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Wurm 1: 56/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 2: 28/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 3: 210/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 4: 56/210 HP | 63 DMG

Edited by Arabelle

The redhead tilted her head as Dustin walked away soundlessly. What went up his arse and died? She sighed and turned back to Arabelle, who seemed to be having some kind of mid-life crisis, or something.

"Sorry," she said apologetically, smiling softly at the other girl. "I didn't mean to kind of force you out on it," she shrugged. It didn't really matter in the end. The whole party got the experience and profit, so it didn't really bother her as much as it usually would, even if she was in Arabelle's place. "If we ever go on another quest, I'll let you have first hit, if you want."

Kirbs nodded her head as she charged at the four wurms. She activated one of her more lethal sword arts and slashed at the closest one near her. 

Effectively, the wurm gave out a loud screech before exploding-- kind of literally. Kirbs turned around and gave Arabelle the thumbs up, "three more to go!"

Spoiler

ID: 121302

CD: 6, No EN

BD: 5+3=8

9x10= 90 DMG

[H:1/2/0/1] Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 18/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:1/0/0/0] Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 23/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Wurm 1: 0/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 2: 28/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 3: 210/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 4: 56/210 HP | 63 DMG

LOOT:

Spoiler

Wurm #1:

ID: 121306

LD: 18

CD: 12

2,100 Col

1 Rare Trinket

• 3 weeks later...

"Hmhm~. No need to apologize if it wasn't intentional." 

And she meant it. Arabelle wasn't mad at her teammate per se - Kirbs was just doing her job as DPS after all, and she was more concerned with herself and her lack of progress - though that was almost subject to change at the other girl's next words. She felt a small twinge of annoyance. Was that supposed to be reassuring? It sounded condescending at best; like she was weak enough that she had to attack first so they could chalk it up as some sort of "contribution" on her part before the other player went in and killed it in one Sword Art. Yeah, no, she didn't like being pitied. 

But - the small purple-haired girl glanced back at her partner and her soft smile - she would let that pass! Probably just a bad choice of words. It was kind of hard to stay annoyed at the redhead when she was being this nice.

"Another quest, you say?" Arabelle considered it. She watched the other DPS player kill one of the already-weakened mobs. Charging up a Sword Art, the scythe wielder quickly followed up and cleaved one unlucky Wurm in half. Her swing sent a shockwave that lashed at another just a ways behind it. Weaving gracefully in and out of attacks, the small player reappeared at a safer distance and glanced at her EN. One last round of attacks should do it! "Sounds fun! How about we kick Dustin out and do it with just us girls for a change?"

Spoiler

[2] ID: 122833 | BD: 7 | MD: 10 | Ordinal Cleave: 11 * 8 = 88 DMG to Wurm 2
[3] ID: 122834 | BD: 6 | MD: 7 - 3 = 4 | Ordinal Cleave: 11 * 8 = 88 DMG to Wurm 3
[4] ID: 122835 | BD: 2 | MD: 2 |

8 + (2 * 2) = 12 EN

[H:1/1] Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 7/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0/0] @Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 23/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Wurm 2: 0/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 3: 122/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 4: 56/210 HP | 63 DMG

ID: 122836 | LD: 1 | CD: 7 | 210 * 3 = 630 Col | 2 + 2 = 4 T1 Materials

Arabelle's Total Loot:

• 630 Col
  • 4 T1 Materials

Edited by Arabelle

Kirbs gave her a wry smile as she finally smashed down on one of the remaining wurms. Damn, only one more to go. 

"Er, yeah," she said, giving her a wry smile. 

Somehow, she felt like she wouldn't see Arabelle again. It was just a weird feeling and she wasn't really sure why. Like, some dark force that was just telling her it was never going to happen. Maybe she was just being paranoid again, but damn, it felt weird. 

"Let's finish this last one and then we'll be done. I'm fine with not keeping any of the loot, so don't worry. I don't need it, anyway," she said, smiling at Arabelle briefly before turning her attention back to the wurm. "Alright! Let's kill this thing and get the day over with it! I really, really want to just go to sleep now, what about you?" she yawned, patting her stomach. 

Spoiler

[H:1/1] @Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 7/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0/0] @Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 23/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

ID: 122885

BD: 2+3=5, Miss

ID: 122886

BD: 8, Success

Wurm 3: 122/210 HP | 63 DMG
Wurm 4: 0/210 HP | 63 DMG

Spoiler

ID: 122887

LD: 16

CD: 9

2 Mats
1680 Col

1 Rare Trinket

And one more went down! Arabelle nodded in approval of Kirbs using a single target instead of an AoE, the scythe wielder's EN was too low to do another at this point and having both mobs at moderately low HP would probably extend this by another round or so. It was easier to do a focused single target attack on the last mob! 

"The... loot? the small purple-haired girl echoed, almost incredulous. Not once in her life had she ever spotted someone who was willing to hand over their share of the loot... unless the redhead was already secretly filthy rich or something. Eh, whatever, why would she turn down free stuff? "Lovely. I'll remember that for later."

She gave the other girl a friendly wink and slashed her scythe at the last Wurm. Not enough to kill it, but her attack sent it reeling back with its HP value dropping to red.

"I really just want some cake right now."
Spoiler

ID: 122912 | BD: 3 + 3 = 6 | MD: 6 - 2 = 4

Dynamic Violence: 11 * 9 = 99 DMG

[H:2] @Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 0/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0] @Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 23/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Wurm 3: 23/210 HP | 63 DMG

Total Loot: [added Arabelle and Kirbs's loot cause Arabelle is gonna get all of it]

• 1,260 Col
  • 4 T1 Materials
  • 1 Rare Trinket

Edited by Arabelle

Kirbs slashed away at the last wurm. She was really starting to get pretty damn sick of these things now. Like, come on. Why won't they just die already? She sighed to herself and silently praised the heavens for letting her finally kill that damn thing. No damn joke, those things got on her damn nerves.

Kirbs sighed and nodded her head. "I do too," she murmured, "I do too."

"Well," she piped, putting her spear back in her inventory as she gave a little wave to Arabelle. "I think I'm going to head back to town now. It's been fun, I guess? Well, uh, see you later. Bye Arabelle!" She waved at the purple haired girl one last time before setting off.

Well, today was surely... nice? Nah, that wasn't the way to really put it. It was more boring but weird than nice, but, she guessed that she couldn't have everything in life.

ID: 122913

BD: 5+3=8, Success

[H:2] @Arabelle: 271/380 HP | 0/38 EN | 11 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0] @Kirbs: HP: 420/420 | EN: 23/42 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Wurm 3: 0/210 HP | 63 DMG

ID: 122914

Legit nothing, i got an LD of 1 lmao

1050 col and 2 t1 materials