9 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE

INVENTORY
ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] COAT OF THE BLOODEDGE
      +3 EVA
» [EQUIPPED] THICK TROUSERS

+18 MIT

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "MINOR OCULUS" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (RARE)
     ➥ +1 DMG
     ➥ BLEED

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R2
     ➥ +2 ACC

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (5)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP

While meandering around the second floor on a particularly hot afternoon, it occurred to him that the party hadn't gotten back together since slaying the first dragon. That fight had ended when a mysterious stranger stepped in and slayed the creature in a single hit. Good thing, too, considering that monster definitely would have killed Bahr and Kit easily, and then possibly Kirbs shortly thereafter. Things were a bit different now, Kit and Bahr having mostly caught up the Kirbs in terms of levels, and it was possible that now would be a good time to tackle the second dragon. He opened up his menu and navigated to the messages panel, rereading the message the info broker had delivered to them upon completion of the first quest. Once he felt satisfied with the location of the next target, he shot a message to his usual party.

To: @Kityuisa, @Kirbs

Been awhile since we all hung out. I'm wanting to take on the Quarts Dragon Hatchling today - you in?

- Bahr

He hit send and dismissed the windows, sitting on a nearby rock to await his replies. Assuming everything went well, they'd be looking at a good fight and some time together - even if the rewards were pretty lackluster. Still, it was a better use of his time than getting trapped in that hole of a bar just outside of Urbus like he had the past few days. Even though there was no way to get drunk in Aincrad, Bahr found that he had missed the taste of beer more than he thought.

Edited by Bahr
Spoiler

LVL: 18 | HP: 360 | EN: 36 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R4 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

Equipped:

> T1- Aftershock: 1 Bleed, 2 PAR

> T1- Coat of Eulogies: 2 Recovery, 9 MIT

> T1- Sure Shot: 3 ACC

Inventory:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Kirbs mumbled to herself tiredly as she  paced around in her shop, a stack of papers filled with messed of words and scribbles were on her counter. "Maybe if I can meet some new people on the front-lines, I would be able to kill him," she muttered, scratching her chin as her pace increased. She was surprised that her pacing hasn't left a mark on the floor yet, honestly. The sound of a message made the jittery girl jump up and snap out of her trance-like state.

Bahr?

When was the last time she had even seen him? Some time must have passed, surely. He must've caught up with her in levels, if not already surpassed her. She growled under her breath. She was so stupid! She she be gaining some levels, too! Not reminiscing about her past in her battered down shop!

Her once so full of life eyes scanned over the message and she nearly scowled. The hatchling quest... yes, she remembered the last one she did. Pinball was there. She hissed a few curses under her breath as she began to pace around again.

He wouldn't have invited Pinball, right? She thought, narrowing her eyes at her walking feet. They both look like they were on semi-good terms last time. This could be my chance! I may not be able to kill the damn bastard, but I'll sure as go down trying.

She quickly equipped her weapon and armor, readying herself up. She held out her arm to Scarfy-- who was firmly placed on the counter with a confused look. "This could be our chance," she whispered, and to which Scarfy perked his ears up to. Not wasting much time, he slithered up her arm and wrapped himself around her neck.

Before they knew it, she had already dashed out of her shop and towards the teleport gate.

It wasn't long before she had met up with Bahr, and he didn't look any less younger or older-- he looked exactly the same. She looked around warily and then looked back at him. "Did you invite anyone else to this?"

Kityuisa read the message from Bahr, her eyes not even lighting up.. She didn't really want to see anyone today... But if he wanted her help, then she had to help him.. Bahr hasn't even seen me since I dyed my hair blonde.... 

Kityuisa frowned, Willow giving a feeble meow. "I get it, I get it..." Willow meowed more fierce, "Fine! I'll go, stop pestering me!" Kityuisa just wanted to relax all day... But she grudgingly got up and left her shop, locking the door on her way out.

She made her way to floor two, to where Bahr would be waiting. Kityuisa let out a big sigh and spotted Bahr and Kirbs from a distance. She walked slowly over, lifting her hand, "Hey.." Was all she managed to get out, she was feeling really depressed today. Looking away from the two of them, she glanced down. Her newly blonde hair gracing her face, in vast contrast with her crimson red eyes.

Willow perched next to her, drawing her paw to her tongue, liking it a few times before flicking her ear with her paw.

"Did you invite anyone else to this?" she asked warily, her expression fierce. Kirbs was usually more of a go-lucky sort of person, so her current intensity seemed a bit uncharacteristic. Bahr wasn't sure what was on her mind, but he wasn't planning on answering dishonestly.

"Yeah, I shot Kit an invite, too. Figured since we never really got the chance to test our mettle against the last one, we should get the party together again for the second," he recounted, his voice even and neutral. It wasn't that Bahr wasn't thankful for the mysterious orange player's assist the time before, they had certainly needed it. But they hadn't gotten to do... well, anything. It was over before it even started. As Bahr opened up his friend list to double check Kit's location data, he found that she wasn't far off from them. "Looks like she's close, actually. Once she's here we should be good to go, unless anyone needs to grab some equipment or consumables first."

He squinted his eyes down the path, scanning for Kit but not seeing her yet. There was a young blonde woman approaching, but nobody else in sight. "That's weird," Bahr remarked, double checking the map, "She should basically be here by now, but I don't see her." It took a moment more for him to but two and two together, but eventually he came to the realization that the blonde woman was Kityuisa. He waved to her once he could make out her face, trying not to make too big a deal out of the sudden and extreme change in her appearance. 

"Hey..." was all she managed to get out, an unnerving sadness in her voice. Seemed Kirbs wasn't the only one not herself today.

"Hey there, glad you could make it. Digging the new hair! I've thought about changing mine a couple times, but I decided to stick my natural hair colo-" He stopped mid sentence as he realized what he had done, his eyes nervously flickering between the two young women. Most people would assume that someone Bahr's age wouldn't already have a white head of hair. Like, not light blonde, but actual white. It was something he was really self conscious about in real life, but had managed to avoid awkward conversations about in the game, since most people assumed it was dyed. "Aherm..." he coughed, "Well since we're all here, we should get going, right? Yeah, we should definitely get going. Let's do it now. C'mon, let's go!"

He immediately started walking down the path, trying his damnedest not to get trapped in that awkward conversation. They had a little ways to go before the reached the hatchling, so Bahr had plenty of time to catch up with Kit and see what was going on with her. Kirbs, too, though she didn't seem as depressed as she seemed pissed about something. Ultimately, he was going to need to get both of them centered before the fight, lest they lose their cool and make a mistake. Though, was Bahr really qualified to make those sorts of assessments? He himself had gone berserk countless times while fighting in the past, and it only seemed to make him stronger. Who was he to judge whether or not these two were ready for combat?

Kirbs wasn’t sure if she should be boiling with rage or be sighing from relief. “No... Pinball?” She muttered lowly, averting her eyes to the weapon in her hand. Perhaps she would get the chance another day. He can’t evade her forever.

”Kityuisa?” The girl mumbled, relaxing her stance. She could be affiliated with that murderer now that she thought about it. She seemed even friendly last time they were all together. They had met up another time before this, and she definitely knew something was off with the redhead.

Who could she even trust anymore?

“Yeah... good plan,” Kirbs said, both her voice and eyes distant. What did he say, again?

Kirbs furrowed her brows in thought and didn’t realize that an unfamiliar person had walked up to them. Her grip on her spear tightened as she turned to look at the player but immediately softened when she realized that it was Kityuisa— with a completely new change in hair color, it seemed.

The redhead nodded in greeting, although, not missing the change in her voice. Seems like something was on her mind as well. Whatever it was, she had too much on her plate to genuinely care. It’s not her problem, anyway.

”Yeah, all of our hair is weird,” she commented, not missing the beat to add her unusually red hair to the list. It did give her a fair bit of teasing in the real world but she never really minded. Now it just reminds her of Bell.

Why does everything remind her of him? He’s dead, so get out of her damn head!

Kirbs followed after him, the usual skip in her step was long gone and now it was just quick strides. They shouldn’t be wasting time talking about hair. Every second wasted is a second she could’ve been using to get stronger.

@Kityuisa @Bahr

Kityuisa watched as her friends noticed her hair, "I wanted to go back to my natural color. I was tired of being called a kid." Kityuisa turned her heard away, nodding, "Let's get started.." Kityuisa walked past the two of them.

She assumed where the dragon was, so that was where she headed to. Kityuisa felt like everything was intermixing in her head, if she told her friends her secrets, would they stay by her side? Kityuisa bit her lip gently, crossing her fingers and fiddling. Always fiddling.. Always anxious and scared to lose the people that matter.

Bahr, Kirbs.. I love them both.. I do not want to lose them... Kityuisa grimaced, she had to get out of the funk she was in! Stop taking pity on yourself, Yui. Just accept the fact that secrets are secrets, meant not to be heard. And you are a liar and a cheat. Kityuisa blinked, shooing her thoughts away.

"If we work together, we can do anything." Kityuisa tried to stay upbeat, showing a big thumbs up towards Bahr and Kirbs. 

Bahr sighed before stopping, turning around to face both of his comrades with an annoyed expression.

"Alright, out with it," he said gruffly, pointing to the two of them. "You've both been acting weird this whole time. I don't like going into battle with this sorta weird-ass chemistry. We aren't going anywhere until I feel confident that this little intervention has improved things." He sat down stubbornly, gesturing for the girls to do the same. They were all so out of sync at the moment that a fight in this condition would go horribly. Bahr was clumsy enough, and didn't need any additional stressors to make the situation more difficult. "Let's start with you, Kirbs. You're acting rash, impatient, and frustrated. I'd like to hear why before you get yourself into trouble during the fight." His eyes flickered over toward Kit next. "As for you, I've never seen you look so depressed the entire time I've known you. Do you have something you would like to get off your chest so you can look alive when the fight happens?"

Kirbs widened her eyes at his sudden expression before looking down at her feet again. It felt like there was a large knot in her throat and it seemed like it was impossible to get down.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, fiddling her fingers in front of her as she kept the forming tears in her eyes down. She didn't want to act like this, but she couldn't help it! She wished she could be like the old her. In fact, she'd do anything to be her from less than a month again. 

"I really don't want to be like this," she exclaimed, looking up at both of them. She didn't know how to break the news to them at all, she was never really good at that. "Some stuff just happened-- and-- and, uhm--"

Well, it was better to rip the bandage right off than to do it slowly, right?

"My best friend was murdered... by Pinball."

Bahr had stopped the trio gang, and his words, as stubborn as they were, seemed to be full with concern and care. Kityuisa knew he cared about both of them. Kityuisa's listened as Kirbs spoke about her own reasoning.. Not even Kityuisa could get it out of her... As soon as Kirbs said it, Kityuisa's eyes widened... Is that the reason that Pinball turned orange? Was that his first kill? Kityuisa felt shock filling her. Pinball.. The guy she had literally just gone on a quest with? He killed Kirbs' best friend? The reason for her reaction towards him during their first dragon hunt refilled her mind. It made sense to her, Kirbs' reasoning for acting the way that she had during that quest. Why Kirbs hadn't wanted anything to do with him...

"I-i'm sorry Kirbs... I didn't know..." She didn't know what to do with the information she had received... Her mind only playing in a rather anxious and crazed way. Her thoughts filling her mind and body. Kityuisa closed her eyes. This news really was a shock for her... But she really did feel the need to apologize. She had been keeping her meeting with Pinball a secret, along with the number of other secrets she kept from her friends. But now, Kityuisa knew she really couldn't tell Kirbs that she had met with Pinball...

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr's eyes narrowed as Kirbs admitted what was going through her mind. He had no idea that the very man who had saved them all before was the same who had put Kirbs through what was undoubtedly her most traumatic experience yet. He stood and approached the young woman, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. I shouldn't have pushed it." The timbre of his voice was much softer than usual. After a moment, he released the hug and back up a pace, placing both of his hands on her shoulders. "That just means we all need to get strong enough to confront him, then. I've got you back, and I'm sure Kit does, too," he said, giving her a nod. "He won't get away with it. But if we screw up and die before that's possible, you won't get your retribution. I know it's not easy to control emotions like this, but we need to funnel them in a productive way if we want to make it to the next step." He paused for a moment, still looking into her eyes. "Are you going to be okay?" 

She didn't want their pity. It was a horrible feeling-- to be pitied by your own damn friends.

"It's okay," she sniffed, sobering up. "It was partially my fault, anyway," she laughed humorously, narrowing her eyes at the ground. "I should've called Hestia the moment I saw that filthy bastard, but I keep letting him off the hook," the redhead seethed, clutching her fists together. 

Right, it was her fault Bell was dead.

Her head whipped up to Bahr and widened her eyes. "No, no, no," she said quickly, walking away from his hands as she let out heavy breaths. "You guys are not going to get anywhere near him!" She screamed, surprising both her and Scarfy-- to which she totally forgot was there, sorry Scarfy! "He let you off the hook the first time," she looked at the both of them with eyes as wide as saucers. "Who knows what he's going to do the next time you see him!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

"No, I am not going to be okay! I can't ever just be okay when I know that my best friend's killer is out there!" She pointed her hand out to the endless land. 

Kityuisa knew she couldn't do anything against Pinball. He had helped her, he had freaking gone and killed that boss for her. The boss in the arena on floor five. Kityuisa wouldn't be able to lift a finger in his direction, and she sure as hell didn't want to either... But, Kityuisa knew it was one of the many things that she had to keep contained within her. She gave a slight nod to Bahr's statement, and watched as Kirbs exploded. Kityuisa felt relieved that Kirbs didn't want them to near Pinball. It meant she would never have to lift a finger negatively against him. But it also doubled over as a double-edged sword. Kityuisa knew that if she ever did anything with Pinball again, she would never be able to tell Kirbs... And now, if she mentioned it to Bahr, he would judge her too...

Kityuisa stayed quiet, her eyes dropping to the floor, "Y-yeah..." She couldn't feel the things that Kirbs felt, but she could still be there for her... "Lean on us... We'll be here for you, Kirbs." Willow meowed, as if to agree with Kityuisa. Her beady eyes staring at Kirbs' face.

This was getting bad. It was clear that neither of them were in the right mindset for a battle against a dragon at the moment. His eyes narrowed as he tried to think of a way to control the situation, but the reality was that he couldn't. He wasn't the boss of either of these women. All he could do is sigh and shake his head. "You know, we could always come back and do this some other time. I'm not sure that tackling a dragon with our emotions all out of whack is really a good idea. There presumably won't be someone to come around and save us this time." His eyes glanced between the two of them before continuing. "I don't mean to suggest that you guys can't handle yourselves, but I can tell that this isn't right. If I were in one of my berserk moves right now, would you guys feel comfortable entrusting me with your lives?"

She let out small, heavy breaths as her shoulders finally sagged down. "I don't want to lose you guys, too," she whispered, her voice cracking. She wouldn't know what to do with herself if she had lost another person close to her. She didn't even want to think about it. As much as she wanted to linger in the presence of these two for just a few minutes longer, she knew she had to finish this quest. She needed to get stronger. For Bell. For her sanity. For her well-being, and for everyone she bloody knew!

"No," she demanded, shaking her head. "We've already wasted enough time doing whatever this is," she gestured to herself. "Let's just go, I can't lost any more time," she said, pushing past the two. Even if she had to do this quest by herself, she was going to get it finished.

Kityuisa felt her heart break with Kirbs as she told them she didn't want to lose them. Kityuisa felt her eyes water, she felt the same... And they had no idea. Kityuisa was breaking down, she couldn't lose her friends... But as Mars had told her, that was what would happen... Her secrets and the side of her that they hadn't seen... It would come out, and she would lose them...

Kityuisa listened to Bahr and watched as Kirbs shook her head, pushing past them. Kityuisa felt her eyes narrow, and she felt her attitude snap. "I never let me emotions get in the way of a fight. It's very unprofessional." The two would have no clue how much what she said really meant to her. She knew all too well the consequences of letting emotions get in the way of what she had to do. There was one time it had happened, when she had been about to kill her target. It had almost given her away, and it had almost made her get caught. Kityuisa shook her memory away. She wasn't an assassin here, her target was a dragon for pete sakes! She would not let her past catch up with her here.

I'm just going to break, and then i'll lose them.. And then--- Kityuisa snapped herself out of her thoughts. It was time to get the quest done. She stalked after Kirbs, ready to take on the stupid hatchling. Ready for the day to be over so she could forget she ever felt the way that she did.

"Idiots..." he muttered under his breath, taking off after the pair. He was already nearly at his wit's end with them, but he couldn't very well let them run off and get themselves killed because he refused to help. Problem was, now he was irritated, too.

Around the craggy bend, they found their target. Roaming around its nest was the Quartz Dragon Hatchling. He squinted as he observed the beast, unsheathing his weapon and walking past the other two to get closer. "I just want to get a closer look," he said as he approached. The reality, however, was that he really wanted to hit something.

The dragon wasn't oblivious to his approach, turning toward him and screeching in his face. Bahr just continued walking toward it, only taking evasive action once the beast shot one of its razor sharp claws forward, slamming it into the ground where Bahr was and causing a giant cloud of dust to erupt into existence upon impact. Bahr's armor had come in handy, allowing him to silently slip past the dragon and position himself within striking distance. His sword began to glow and he just started wailing on the thing, smacking it over and over again for a total of six times. His sword barely left a scratch in its hide, but Bahr didn't care. He was just pleased to finally be allowed to vent some of his frustration.

Spoiler

Encounter: Quartz Dragon Hatchling
HP: 175
DMG: 65 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 1

Ability:
<<Mend Mini-Twigs>>: On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you. As a result, you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 320/320 | EN: 32-9=23
DMG: 7 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 23

Bahr used [x6] Fight Blade against Quartz Dragon Hatchling-9 EN

Quartz Dragon HatchlingHP: 175-7=168/175 | DMG: 65 | ID: 119671 | BD: 6+2-1=7, Hit for 7x6=42-35=7 DMG | MD: 6-3+1=4, Miss | STUN INFLICTED

Edited by Bahr

"I would beg to differ for myself," she mumbled. If she ever had the chance to kill Pinball, she would do it with rage. He was going to feel all that she had to endure, painfully. She had no remorse for the bastard. 

"Idiot," she mimicked when Bahr walked all the way next to the dragon. She sighed and bounded into action when the dragon came waking up like how she used to; raging and furious. After she had assumed that Bahr was safe, she leaped into action, her spear blazing and ready. Sparks from Aftershock and the extra power from Scarfy's grip made her attack probably do more than it should've. She slashed... and slashed... and slashes-- oh what fun-- at the dragon, until its health bar had depleted to less than half. The poor hatchling was stuck in a fatal position, and probably for a while too. Kudos to her for that.

Spoiler

ID:119753

BD: 10, <<Vent Forth>> Used

CD: 4, No EN Gained

9+2=11x11= 121 DMG

121-35= 86

168-86- 82+12 [BLEED]= 94 DMG

Kit: H: 0

Kirbs: H:2 | HP: 380/380 | EN: 28/38 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Bahr: H: 1 | HP: 320/320 | EN: 23 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 23

Quartz Dragon Hatchling: HP: 74/175 | DMG: 65 | STUN+BLEED

Kityuisa watched as the two charged at the dragon. Kityuisa knowing she could get a good hit in and finish it off, she skidded down and unsheathed her dagger. Willow jumped out of her arms last second as Kityuisa flung herself at the target. "Die!" A sudden meow distracted Kityuisa. And she skidded to a halt, her eyes glancing back at her cat. Kityuisa ran straight into the dragon hatchling, face planting right into the hatchling. Kityuisa pushed herself off the dragon and wrapped her entire body around it. She flung it at Bahr, "Wanna kill it for me? Since my dumb cat distracted me?" Kityuisa sent a glare to Willow. Willow let out a meow in defense, "Shush. The adults are speaking." Her cat quieted down and she watched as the dragon got tossed in midair. Kityuisa had never thought she could pick up something that heavy! This game really was something.

ID # 119812
BD: 2 + 3 = 5 Motherfreaking missed. I wanted to freaking kill it.

Kit: H: 0 | 

Kirbs: H:2 | HP: 380/380 | EN: 28/38 | 9 DMG | 14 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Bahr: H: 1 | HP: 320/320 | EN: 23 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 23

Quartz Dragon Hatchling: HP: 74/175 | DMG: 65 | STUN+BLEED

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr reacted as quickly as he could, clumsily scrambling to unleash his sword skill on the dragon hatchling that had been tossed at him. It was a good thing that the game engine and the Sword Art did most of the work for him, allowing all six of his hits to connect and stun the thing again. Once he was done, he punted it over toward Kirbs. "Sheesh, put it out of its misery!"

He actually felt sort of bad for the small dragon, being tossed back and forth in some sort of sinister game of proverbial hot potato while perpetually trapped in stun lock, unable to do much of anything. Bahr imagined himself in such a scenario, and it actually caused him to grimace in horror. When had he and the other become so sadistic? It would be a miracle if the poor monster managed to survive another rotation of attacks from the group.

Spoiler

2 | BahrHP: 320/320 | EN: 23+1-9=15 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 23
2 | Kirbs: HP: 380/380 | 28 | 9 DMG | ACC: 3 | MIT: 14 | PAR 2 | BLEED 1 | REC 2
0 | Kit: ???

Bahr used [x6] Fight Blade against Quartz Dragon Hatchling-9 EN

Quartz Dragon HatchlingHP: 74-7=67/175 | DMG: 65 | ID: 119834 | BD: 6+2-1=7, Hit for 7x6=42-35=7 DMG | MD: Stun locked | STUN INFLICTED

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs had almost felt sorry for the dragon herself. It had barely-- of not at all, gotten a chance attack. Poor thing. It was better to kill the thing off instead of letting it suffer in the hands of their paralyzing attacks, anyway. She sighed and shrugged. "Yeah, I'll get it," she mumbled. She raised her spear and slammed it down on the paralyzed dragon, her own weapon sending out sparks once again. The dragon let out a shrill shriek of pain before it dispersed into dozens and dozens of shattered glass like shards. She sighed and brought back her spear. "Well, that's done," she mumbled. 

Putting the spear back into her inventory, she shrugged at them and smiled sadly. "I guess I'll see you guys later," she nodded to each of them once before waving and dipping. She didn't have much time, so she needed to get going and get stronger!

Spoiler

ID: 119909 

BD: 9, +2 Crit

CD: 8, +2 EN

10x11= 121

121-35= 86 DMG

2 | BahrHP: 320/320 | EN: 15 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 23
2 | Kirbs: HP: 380/380 | 22 | 9 DMG | ACC: 3 | MIT: 14 | PAR 2 | BLEED 1 | REC 2
0 | Kit: ???

Quartz Dragon Hatchling: HP: 0/175 | DMG: 65