[PP/F16] Snakes, Why'd it have to be Snakes?!? <<Snake Out of Water>>

Using Mega Slime Farm (+2 SP)

Using Yui's Blessing (+1 SP)

Spoiler

<<Snake Out of Water>>

This Quest Takes Place on Floor 16

This Quest is repeatable for only the reward

maxresdefault.jpg

Description: On Floor 16, the Skull Island tribe is asking for help. They speak about a rare creature, of a giant serpent within the trees and riverbanks, that is stealthy and isn’t found easily. They have tried to fight it before, but their arrows seem to bounce off, as if something is protecting the snake. They have asked for others to help, but none of them have returned. They beg for your help, and will pay you for your troubles if you succeed in killing the creature.

Name and Stats:

Name: Hebishinu

HP: 600

MIT: 100

Damage Per hit: 140

+2 Accuracy

If lands 9-10 on BD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll
Slick Body: Hebishinu is covered in a slime that prevents attack from causing damage for two turns (Has 2 Safeguards applied)

Requirements:

2 or More Pages (21 Posts)

Hebishinu requires it's own Separate Roll, and it must be linked to the post as well as your own.

Must Roll a LD with 15+ to find snake after 10th post, then once found you must roll a 10 or more on the LD to land an attack, as the serpent hides within the water and trees.

Example:

Player 1 attacks Hebishinu and rolls a LD of 11. He is able to find and hit the creature, but he rolls a 1 on the BD, so he doesn't hit.

Player 2 attacks Hebishinu and rolls a LD of 3, and is unable to attack

Player 1 attacks Hebishinu again and rolls a LD of 15. He is able to hit, and he rolls a 6, so he hit's Hebishinu for however much damage

Charge is unusable, as trees and water block from a straight attack (This includes mods)

Rewards:

Serpent's Tongue: Adds +1 Toxic Venom and +1 Paralyze to Weapon for one Thread

3 SP

Col * 15 of a LD roll from a PST

(Updated to reflect changes in the September update)

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 34 | HP:  785/785 | EN:  68/68 | DMG: 11 | MIT:  131 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 56 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Healing: 40 | LD: +3 | Prosperity: +2 | +10% Mobs / +15% Treasure Chests

HOUSE BENEFITS: 

Relaxed

Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Filling

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: Aperfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

Col Stash

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: Aperfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

+5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Clean

The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

Advanced Training

+2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

ATP

Col Deposit:
+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

SKILLS

Heavy Armor R5

Stonewall

Battle Axe R3

Block R1

Fighting Spirit (+1 Hate)

Battle Healing R1

Familiar: Healing R1

Survival

Immune to Environment

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor (MIT III)

Mirrors Embrace (THN II / HATE I)

Forearm Axe (DMG II)

BATTLE READY ITEMS

Luck Stone

Name: Snack of the comforting
Item Type:Snack
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: HP recovery
Description: When eating this tasty snack it increases the users health through the power of comfort food to make the wounds heal.

Consumables Used

Name: Snack of the Ursa
Item Type:Snack
Tier: 1
Enhancements: damage
Description: When eating this tasty snack it increases the users strength to bear like levels.

Field Rations +1

Item Type: Snacks

Effect: Grants +75 to max HP. Must be level 25+ to use. Cannot be used in combat. Effect lasts for one thread. A player cannot benefit from more than one Field Rations at a time.

Immolation Potion +: 1

Effect: When used, successful non-critical attacks against you deal 20 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Must be level 25+ to use. Effect lasts for one thread.

Name: Perfect Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
Item Type: Snack
Tier: T1
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description: Chocolate chip cookies, crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside.
Quantity: 1

Name: Perfect Beef Bourguignon
Item Type: Meal
Enhancements: +27 Mitigation
Description: A hearty beef stew filled with minerals to boost your  defenses.
Quantity: 1

Uncommon Tarte Tatin
Item Type: Dessert
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Prosperity
Description: A delicious plain and simple apple pie.
Quantity (1)

Alec found himself on the 22nd Floor of Aincrad making his way through the streets of the floors main settlement of Coral. The floor was mainly covered with forest with a few mountains. Alec wasn't sure why he had chosen this floor but his feet had carried him here and he found himself Walking the streets. He had heard about a quest on Floor 16 that involved a large snake and he had every intention of travelling there but instead found himself on Floor 22 walking the streets when he noticed an Alchemist shop and an urge came over him to stop in and ask about their items. As Alec spotted the name of the shop a chuckle overcame him "The Tipsy Witch." Alec read out loud as walked up to the front of the shop. The shop was incredibly organic and appeared very natural with tree limbs and toots and leaves covering the shop. Alec opened the door and bent down stepping inside. As Alec closed the door behind him he rose to his full height of nearly six and a half feet tall and walked up to the front counter. "Hello?" Alec called out in his deep baritone rumble. "I'm heading out on a quest and I could use some potions. What have you got in stock that could help me out?" Alec asked of the shopkeeper.

@Kityuisa

Edited by Alec
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Level: 15

Health: 300 | Energy: 30
EVA: 1 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3
DMG: 8

Skills:

Combat skills: 
N/A

Weapon skills: 
 Rank 4 Dagger +4 DMG

Armor skills: 
♥ N/A

Extra skills: 
N/A

Utility Skills: 
N/A

Modifiers: 
N/A

Inventory

[Equipped] [Perfect] Death's Grip: +3 DMG 
 [Equipped] [Perfect] Black Swan: +1 EVA, +2 MIT
 [Equipped] [Perfect] Blossoming Wind: +3 ACC

Battle Ready:

Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
 T1 HP Potion, Uncommon (Heals 40) x5
♥ [Empty]
♥ [Empty]
 [Empty]

Kityuisa heard the casual sound of the bell, as the door to her shop opened. She had been in the back, trying to perfect her alchemical concoctions with no luck. At this rate she wouldn't have any new potions for sale! Despite the way her shelves looked, almost every single item set out was a vanity item! Kityuisa frowned as she heard the chime.. Hopefully the person coming in just wanted to place an order, then she could take her sweet time with it... 

When she left the back, and got to her counter with a smile on her face, she felt dread filling her. He wanted some now?! She had nothing out on the shelves that would help him! Perhaps I could just get by, with offering myself for his services... Kityuisa kept the smile on her face as her mind raced. Her heart beating rapidly. She gathered her words and laughed, "Welcome to The Tipsy Witch! I promise you, i'm not Tipsy, and there's no magic in this game, so I can't be a witch either!" Pretending to think for a moment, Kityuisa eyes the man, "I mean you seem to be well geared enough... What exactly are you looking for?" Kityuisa played it off as if she had a large variety of collections to offer the man. Her neck began to hurt as she stared literally up at the tall man, "If you're just looking for something to boost your luck, damage, and the likes.. You could find it here, or..." Kityuisa stopped talking, adding a moment of suspension, "I could go with you. I'm not doing anything today, and I could deal some damage." Her eyes glanced at her equipment in the corner. "Besides, being stuck in here all day? I'd rather go out... What quest is it?"

Edited by Kityuisa

Alec looked down at the shopkeeper a smile softening the corner of his perpetual scowl as the young woman approached the counter and began speaking. She appeared nervous, bit Alec was still rough with the whole social interaction aspect between players. "To be completely honest with you." Alec began in his deep baritone rumble. " I wasn't exactly sure why I came in here. The quest is on the 16th Floor. Supposedly there's a giant snake lurking in the swamp that I was headed there to take care of, but to be completely honest with you I found myself here instead. Sometimes I let my feet carry me places when I need to go somewhere that I don't realize at the time." The large man explained, Hoping the shopkeeper understood. "If you'd like to travel with me that would be fine." the large man offered. "My name's Alec by the way." The large man said as he offered his hand with the faint glimmer of a smile softening the corner of his mouth.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa felt relief wash over her, glad that the man hadn't actually been wanting to buy anything. "Sometimes things like this happen. Guess it must mean you and I are meant to be friends." She accepted his hand, shaking it. "The name's Kityuisa." Her grin played larger on her face, more genuine as the relief aided her in her reply. "Yeah, i'll tag along!" Kityuisa grinned, "If that's all set, let's be on our way!" She sent the large man a party invite so they could get on with their journey. "So, apart from going down to floor sixteen. What do you usually do in Aincrad?" Kityuisa had been trying her best to make it to the front lines, and wondered what exactly Alec did in his spare time here in Aincrad. It was rather a natural thing to ask... "And since we are partying together.. What role do you play?" Kityuisa would await his reply as she thought of herself. A quest on floor sixteen was way out of her range. She was still completing quests on the first ten floors after all! Kityuisa bit her lip gently, she was a dps but this quest.. She wouldn't be that good of a dps....

Alec smiled as he shook the young woman's hand. "Well Kityu....." Alec began fumbling with the woman's name. "Would you mind if I just called you Kit? I'm not real good with exotic name's the large man offered in way of an apology for attempting and then butchering the pronunciation of the young woman's name. Alec turned and walk to the front door of The Tipsy Witch and held the door open for the young woman as he waited for her to depart the shop closing the door behind them. "I'm afraid this is all I really do." Alec offered in a slightly hushed voice. "You see I'm a bit of a late bloomer here. It took me.... let's just say a bit longer than most to figure out how to interact with this world. Do I'm just playing catch up trying to reach the Front Lines to try and help clear this game so we can all get home to what's waiting for us in the outside." The large man stated. As the young woman offered a party invite Alec tapped the <<ACCEPT>> button and her icon and info popped up in Alec's field of vision. "I'm levelling myself as a Tank." The large man stated firmly. "But I've been mostly soloing so far so I'm a little short on one or two skills I need to fully fill that role but I'll make sure to keep all the Hate on myself and Humphrey here will help make sure I stay healed up." Alec replied as he pointed down to the American black bear cub travelling along beside him. "If you don't mind my asking what level are you?" Alec asked in his deep baritone rumble.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa nodded her head, "Kit is okay." She chuckled, "Nothing wrong with late bloomers, that's what I am." Kityuisa fiddled with her fingers as he joined the party. His icon and info popping up. Kityuisa was quite embarrassed with her level. She hadn't been fighting as much as everyone else! Kityuisa glanced at Alec, "I'm only level 15..... But I make up with it in my spunky personality!" Kityuisa looked away, she really was just tagging along.

He would most likely feel bad about having to protect her... She was just extra baggage. "I am a damage dealer. I fight with daggers." Kityuisa picked up her dagger and placed it on the counter, "You can look it over, if you want. I'm going to head back real quick to get all geared up." Kityuisa scooped up her items in the corner and headed to the back. She had been wearing a plain white dress and came out in her black light armor. Her gear all in order she walked back over. 

Alec waited patiently as the woman headed into the back to retrieve some gear. He idly picked up the dagger and looked it over with an appraising Blacksmith's eye. As Alec inspected it he let out a deep low chuckle as realization came to him. "I know this dagger." Alec announced in a deep low rumble. "It's Death's Grip. It came from my Blacksmithing mentor Macradon's shop. I'm his Blacksmithing apprentice. I tried making this dagger first but it was beyond my ability to make it so Macradon made it while I watched." Alec announced as he placed the dagger back onto the counter and waited for the young woman to return from the back of her shop. Alec pulled one of his consumables, Snack of Ursa and munched on it as he waited. Alec could feel his muscles tingling as the damage snack began to take hold boosting his damage output. As he finished the snack he quickly washed it down with a +1 Immolation Potion and felt his skin flush as the potions cinnamon flavored heat soaked into his body and took hold. This was going to be a fight and he needed to be ready especially if he was going to bring a lower levelled player along much like Hestia had done for him not too long ago. Now maybe it was his turn to return the favor and bring someone along else along for the ride. It was fun and terrifying going on a quest outside your comfort zone he remembered that all too well.

@Kityuisa

Edited by Alec

Kityuisa had returned and when Alec spoke of her dagger, her eyes brightened. "You work with Mac?" Kityuisa couldn't help but feel happy. What a small world! "I am in love with it. So far it has treated me the most kindly." Kityuisa placed the dagger in its sheath before waving her hand in the direction of her door, "So we are off to floor 16? I must say, it's a bit nerve racking to go, but i'm confident that everything will be a breeze." Kityuisa scratched the back of her neck, not really sure on what she would need she just put some health potions in her battle ready inventory, "Don't worry though. I can deal some mean damage even with my tiny level." Kityuisa exited her shop, leading the way to the teleporter on this floor. Her memories returning of running through the rain with the likes of Ike. She let out a soft chuckle before turning back to Alec, "Since we are going together. I figured it might be nice to know a bit about each other. I graduated high school before I "Link Start!"ed. Despite being young I have a lot of life experience. And I am very handy with a dagger. It feels like second-nature to be using it." 

The young woman was correct in her assessment of herself Alec thought to himself as she began to speak, she most definitely had a spunky personality. "Yes." Alec replied. "I'm apprenticing under him as a Blacksmith. He's teaching me the trade. Currently I'm Rank 5." Alec stated as they began to move towards the door. "I'm glad you are enjoying the weapon. I'll make sure to let Macradon know the next time I'm in his shop working. He'll definitely be happy to hear that." Alec stated as he reached out and held the door open for the young woman. "Well there's not much to tell. I'm from middle America where I have a wife Gwen, a son Danny who's in his teens and a family dog named Scout. Scout's a black lab Newfoundland mix. I'm a garbage man with little to no experience with video games. My son's the gamer in the family." Alec stated "And if we're talking in game stuff too I wear heavy armor, have a shield and use a battle axe." The large man stated evenly. "I will leave the decision up to you when we get there. This quest mob is supposed to be pretty tough so you can fight if you want to or hang in the back and gather Materials or something. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an area attack or anything like that, so we should be safe there but the call will be totally yours." Alec stated as he opened his inventory and removed a Teleportation Crystal from his inventory and held it out to the young woman. "Just promise me if things go sideways you don't hesitate to use this." The large man stated in a no nonsense sort if voice as he held out the Crystal.

@Kityuisa

Edited by Alec

Kityuisa listened to Alec speak, and she graciously and greatfully accepted the crystal he handed over, "If I don't use it, i'll return it." Kityuisa placed it in her battle ready inventory and followed Alec, "Your family sounds nice.. I have two parents, still together.. My mum's a bit more on the practical side. My dad supports my every decision.." Last time I went out, he didn't stop me, he encouraged me... Kityuisa kept talking, "I also have a little sister.. S-she joined the game with me... I don't know where she is, or if she's alive.. It's killing me..." Kityuisa knew the decision she had to make was weighing on her shoulders. She could feel her sister was alive, but if she was, Kityuisa wouldn't want her to be in this world anymore. Kityuisa wouldn't want to lose her sister anymore. The only loss that she could take was if she was the one to take away the things she loved. "Well, if I help it'll go down faster, right?" Kityuisa felt her eyes light up with fire, she loved attacking things. "I like fighting, so I don't mind helping. Monsters are better taken down by two people.. But if I gather materials, we could always split them..." Kityuisa stopped talking for a moment before shaking her head, "It's up to you. I don't mind either.." 

"I love my family with everything I am." Alec announced in his deep baritone rumble. "And that love is why I'm stuck here instead of my son." The large man offered as a touch of sadness expressed itself. "If you sister's here then we should do everything we can to help reunite the two of you." Alec stated as he stopped and turned toward the young woman. "You've....checked the monument on the First Floor I assume to ensure her name's not on it right? What's her name? We can ask around and search for her. I know a few people scattered across the level spectrum. Someone's got to know something." Alec stated as a sense of purpose began to take over. "Forget this quest we should be looking for your family. NOTHING is more important than family." The large stated as a fierceness overtook his emotions and his features hardened. "Where do we start? You lead and I'll follow. We'll find your sister."

@Kityuisa

Edited by Alec

"Your sacrifice is worth something.. I am sure your son misses you and appreciates that you were here instead of him. But I also bet he wishes he were here instead of you." Kityuisa rested a hand on Alec's arm, since she was unable to reach his shoulder.

Kityuisa looked at the floor, "I don't know what her username is..." Kityuisa felt tears stream down her cheeks, "We- we promised to meet up, we were going to meet the day after launch.. So we could tell each other of everything we did.." Kityuisa sniffled, "And it just got so hectic, I couldn't find her..." Kityuisa cursed in her mind, If only I had looked harder, I would have found her... Kityuisa frowned, "I know i'll find her eventually.. I just have to get stronger so I can look just that much harder.." Kityuisa looked up, "Let's just focus on the quest... It's not something we can solve today... It will take a while.. Besides, wherever she is, if she's alive. She'll be fighting. That's just who she is. She never gives up." Kityuisa felt a small smile sweep over her facial features.

"Well I'm here to help." Alec said with a nod. "When the times comes to find her I expect to be the first person you notify." Alec states in his deep baritone rumble when a nod as he looks down to the young woman with determination in his eyes. "You call and I'll come." The large man promises as he begins walking down the street again munching on another of his consumables to help boost his stats for this upcoming quest. Alec smiled to himself, this young woman has some real moxy he thought to himself. "So is there anything you need?" Alec asked as he glanced down at Kit. "Do need any consumables to boost your stats? It may be frowned upon in the real world." Alec began. "But here performance enhancing substances are greatly celebrated and almost a must for questing and adventuring." The large man offered comically as he struck a muscular pose which actually only accentuated his already oversized muscles further.

@Kityuisa

"I promise, as soon as I catch wind of her I will instantly message you." Kityuisa nodded her head, that much she was certain.. Alec was really nice... She felt like she could lean on him for support. Kityuisa glanced at her own consumables, taking out an uncommon damage boost, "Nah, i'll be good. I have this.." She drank it, and watched as her damage upped by one point. "Thanks for the offer though." Kityuisa chuckled as Alec began to show off his muscles. She covered her mouth, "Oh my god..." Her laughter continuing as they continued to walk, the teleporter came into sight. "You ready to go and mess up some water monster?" She grinned, her eyes closing. She felt at peace. Upon opening her eyes she was now standing on the teleporter. She didn't need help up this time!

"I'm ready when you are!" Her eyes blazing fiercely. Difficult quests were her passion.

Alec over attempt at machismo had drawn the exact response he’d hoped for from the young woman which caused the large man to smile as well. Alec pulled out another consumable and munched on it this time watching as his Hit points raised and again he washed his snack down with another potion. In all his days here he didn’t think he’d consumed this many consumables in his entire time as he had today for this one quest. The trio made it to the teleportation pad at the center of town and Alec watched as the young woman stepped up onto it Alec glanced down at his friend and companion Humphrey. “Well pal you ready for this too?” Alec asked as he scratched the American bear cub behind the ears and on the nap of his neck. The bear cub responded with a loudish growl and stood up on his hind legs pantomiming fighting something. Alec chuckled. “Of course you are pal. You always are.” Alec said as he stepped up onto the pad next to Kit and said in a deep baritone rumble. Zugaikotsushima.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa grinned as Alec interacted with his bear cub. Kityuisa thought for a moment, "Oh my god I left Willow back at my shop!" She held up her finger and high horsed it to her shop. Her body moving as fast as the wind. She entered her shop and whistled for her cat. Willow appeared from the back, letting out a meow as if to say, 'I can't believe you left me...' Kityuisa rolled her eyes, "Come on sassy pants." She scooped her cat up and made her way back to the spot she had left Alec. Getting back up on the teleporter she nodded her head. As soon as Alec spoke the words, the group of now four, got teleported to floor sixteen, where they would fight the nasty water monster. "Ready as i'll ever be..." Kityuisa gulped down lightly she was excited.. Yet nervous. She patted Alec's arm, "We've got this in the bag!" She stepped off the teleporter and held out her hand to help Alec down, taking the role of the gentleman.

As the trio stepped up onto the Teleport Pad Alec opened his mouth to say the name of the settlement they were headed for when Kit let out a squeak and stated she had forgotten her familiar. Alec simply shut his mouth and waited patiently for her to return. When the young woman came back a short time later huffing and puffing she happily announced that she was ready now. Alec smiled down as here and in a friendly teasing tone asked. “Are you sure? Don’t need to hit a pit stop before we go? It’s a long trip.” He finished with a faint smile as he spoke the word that would take them where they needed to go Zugaikotsushim.” With that the quartet disappeared and reappeared in a large old antediluvian village. The town was primitive in look and design, and appeared to be styled with stores and living huts made from animal hide and bones/wooden poles.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa let out a lighthearted laugh, "I'm sure I don't need any more pit stops!" She watched as the world of floor 22 disappeared and she reappeared on floor sixteen. The village very animal-based with bones and wood. Her eyes widened, "What a strange village. Never been on floor 16 before..." Kityuisa rubbed the back of her neck, "Either way, thanks for letting me tag along. It'll give me a lot of experience that I need... I want to one day make it to the front lines, just like you..." For my own selfish reasons, of course... I've also gotta find a way to protect the people I hold dear to me.. So front lines is the best place for me... Kityuisa grinned and stepped off the teleporter. "Lead the way, sir Alec!" Kityuisa would then step to the side so Alec could take the lead and take them to the monster, "Any plans for after we defeat the beast?"

"As long as your sure." The large man offered with a chuckle. "I don't want to have turn this ride around half way through." As the reappeared in the main settlement of Zugaikotsushim Alec stepped off the Teleport Pad and looked around taking in the very primitive and primal nature of this floors main town. He heard the locals speaking a strange tongue that was quickly translated do he could understand it. Alec let out a low chuckle at the young woman's comment. "Front Lines? I'm still trying to get to the Front Lines myself." the large man stated with a grin. "I still have a ways to go before I'm ready to step up and ask to join them. But I'm working on it as hard as can trying to make up for all the wasted time I had up till a few months ago." The offered as an explanation. "Well let's find the main gate first." Alec stated. "This is my first time on Floor Sixteen as well. I hear the monster is supposed to be hiding in the swamps. I heard a rumour there's a group called The Skull Island Tribe who's asking for help with it. So I'd say let's find Skull Island." The large stated as he reached into his inventory and removed yet another consumable that he began munching on. "Uhh, this way." Alec said with a mouth half full of food and a lopsided grin softening his stern features as he began walking down one of the streets.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa nodded her head, following Alec as she opened her map. Kityuisa rested her hand on his arm so she could keep her eyes on the map and not worry about running into anything. It wasn't long before they were out of town. "It looks like we have to walk that way.." Kityuisa pointed her finger in the direction of the swampy looking thing on her map. There was also a small skull icon. "There's a skull icon right on the edge of the swamp. I think that's where the Skull Tribe is." She walked right in front of Alec, so she could stop him. And made it so her map was higher opacity so one couldn't see through it. She pointed at the skull icon. "See?" Kityuisa loved looking at her map, it made her feel like she knew where she was going. It was like having a phone in the game... Kityuisa edited back the opacity so it was where it was before, and walked back to Alec's side. Once again keeping her hand on his arm.