Dreams Come True[PP-F12/F3] with Hikoru/Lowenthal

Ryo let the gentle waves wash over his boots as he stared off into the horizon. The endless sea stretched before him, claiming everything in his vision. Why did he come here again? To remind himself of his past sins? To hope that he would forgive himself of all the pain he's caused? That he was somehow deserving of the love he had found with Teion? He placed a hand onto his face, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He needed to clear his head, to stop thinking of the past. Of his past. He pulled himself away from the calming waves of the ocean and looked back at the ramshackle building that was Lowenthal's beach shop. Stepping inside he could see that it was ransacked some time ago. The shelves were bare, dust riddled the floor, a few cosmetic swimsuits littered the floor. Ryo ignored all of the, skimpy looking, swimwear and moved to the back.

Behind the counter was a small box, broken open and left empty for anyone to find. Ryo sighed and moved to the back room. The curtain made of wooden beads clattered against one another gently as he moved them aside and entered. Inside was a hammock, riddled with holes and enough space for about two or three more people. Ryo looked underneath the hammock and spotted something glimmering in the shadows. Reaching out, he found that he had discovered a small pin. The pin was intricate, and most likely made of ivory. It was also in the shape of a chess piece. Ryo let out a sigh as he pocketed the small memento.

Standing, and leaving the shop Ryo made his way home to his mansion.

"Good evening, sir." Pennyworth, his butler, said greeting the man.

"Yo." Ryo said, giving the elderly NPC a wave. "Teion upstairs already?"

"I believe Lady Teion stated that she was quite tired after the daily grind and retired early for the evening, Lord Ryo."

Ryo nodded. "Makes sense. I think I'll follow suit." He said making his way up the stairs. He entered his room to see that the lights were already dimmed, and a sleeping Teion resided in his bed. Ryo gave a small grin as he changed into sleepwear and lied down beside his love. He reached over to his lantern, turning it off completely, letting the pin he had found sit on the nightstand. Ryo then drifted to sleep

Lowenthal had been awake for some time now and had already made great headway into the day. "Let's see, Hikoru should be here by now." He said to himself, his white jacket blowing gently in the breeze. Hikoru wasn't late, but it was getting close to the meet up time that they had agreed on. He was on the third floor, the elven forest where a solider had appeared and was desperate of help. If either of the player didn't have a unique skill, then perhaps they would've been ignored. But that wasn't the case. The solider had approached them, and nearly pleaded for their help.

"Please adventurers. Lend the king your aid." The Elvish solider asked.

"With what, if I may ask?" Lowenthal inquired.

"A bit of spy work. We believe a man by the name of A'Lan is working against the crown and is planning a terrorist attack against our people." The soldier said. "Please, sneak into his room and find evidence of his crimes and deliver it to me so that they crown may thwart this attack." Lowenthal rubbed his chin. Perhaps this was up their ally. After all, they were the 'Master of Shadows'. This stealth mission seemed right up their ally. "Alright. Done." Ryo said, accepting the mission.

"C'mon Hikoru, I'm starting to get bored." Lowe said to himself again, his foot tapping. He drew his kunai, and spun it on one finger. "And also kinda hungry." He whined, his stomach making an audible groan. "You hush." Lowe said, re sheathing his dagger. Looking up he could see a tuft of dark hair atop of darker clothing bounding his way. "Haha! There's the man of the hour!" Lowenthal said, beaming from ear to ear. "About time you showed up. Ready for your first stealth mission as the new Master of Shadows?" Lowenthal said, giving the boy a light tease.

Hikoru was running late, and he knew it. While this usually was a problem, he had been trying to work on not being tardy, but he had overslept far longer than he had anticipated to. When he had woken up, he knew something felt off as the sunlight in his room was a little dimmer than it usually was. Opening his HUD, he saw that he had overslept by about an hour. That jostled him out of his sleepy stupor. He got dressed, made sure all his armor was equipped and whistled for Sutetchi, who soon ran onto his shoulder, and he bolted out of the door of his shop. While he was still on the same floor as they had planned, it still didn't mean that he didn't regret being late. He soon saw his orange-haired mentor a ways away and he slowed his running to a jog, and he was met by the usual quips towards him. He just felt a small smile form on his lips as he came over.

"Yeah, sorry i'm late, I slept a little bit too much." He said with a small and awkward chuckle. He was asked if he was ready for his first stealth mission. He felt a bead of sweat go down his back. Although he had been working on his stealth for some time, he still hadn't mastered it, and he was nervous about the mission. "Y-yeah, sure. Ready whenever you are." He bluffed, and Sutetchi gave a small squeak of satisfaction, giving Lowenthal a small greeting as to climb up onto his neck and nuzzle his chin. He then went back down and crawled back to his master's shoulder, ready for whatever the two large players would throw at the small familiar.

[OOC Note. Since this is a flashback, I am using the stats from the Floor 18 Boss Fight, as this was a time shortly after Hikoru had acquired Shadowed Path. I will be using the older Shadowed Path. So no extra damage from stealth, no Stealth bonuses from Shadowed, and i'm able to run away without rolling. I will still be using the same Sword arts as the normal one however, as the old ones were completely broken]

Stats:

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Stats:
915 HP
90 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+2 Evasion
13 Base Damage
56 Mitigation

Items:
Yamkima (Weapon) +2 Paralyse +2 Bleed
Master of Shadows (Light Armor) +1 Evasion +36 MIT
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy
Sutetchi (Familiar): +6 Damage 

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:

Rank 5 Dagger (Max Rank)
Rank 4 Light Armor
Rank 4 Sneak and Hide
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 1 Shadowed Path
Rank 3 Familiar (Max Rank)
Concentration
Survival

• 3 weeks later...

Lowenthal chuckled. "Don't worry about it. You're not horribly late." He said, reassuring the lad. "But do try to be early. Sure, some people might find it annoying. But those that matter will like it a lot. Nail you a real solid job like that." Lowenthal said, giving a small bit of insider knowledge of the part time employment world. Some days he actually missed working at that little lemonade stand. Lowenthal chuckled as the small animal reached up and nuzzled against his chin. "And it's good to see you again Sutechi. Hey, make sure that you wake him up on time." He said to the creature with a small chuckle before letting it crawl off of him.

Lowenthal nodded, and motioned for Hikoru to follow him. "So, going to go over the mission one more time to make sure we got it." He said, as he recalled information. "We're to infiltrate a military compound undetected, and search for information about a possible terrorist attack on the elf people here. Main suspect that we're to check out is none other than the head honcho of the compound. General A'Lan. If there is information, we're to obtain it and bring it back to his superior. We are not to engage into combat with the soldiers stationed. But if everything goes to plan, it'll be an easy grab." Lowenthal said shrugging his shoulders. "So Hikoru. What should be our first step in this operation?" Lowenthal asked, testing his student.

@Hikoru