[F1-PP] Some Actual Training <<TSLIAF>>

[Level 3 || 3 EVA || 4 DMG || Hidden Blade || Assassin's Armor]

Lyle Tealeaf just stood there watching as Akio banged his head repeatedly against the interior wall.  The sign immortal object would vanish only a quarter of a second before he hit it again, causing it to appear, vanish, appear, rinse and repeat.  About ten minutes later he finally stopped.  Another perk about being in a VRMMORPG?  You could bang your head against a diamond wall and still not be hurt.  Stat wise or brain wise.  He wasn't even dizzy.  And it felt good to just hit something like that.  Finally he made his way over to a seat and sat down in front of Lyle.  ".....Ok, what on earth do you want?"  He asked.  If this was another stupid gathering quest-  "Well you see, I've been needing some additional rare materials-"  Akio stood up.  "Well thank you for your time sir, but I really should be going.  Got uh, things to do."  He turned to leave and took two steps to the door.  "Oh, well works out I guess.  I don't think fighting boars would be fit for one of your a-"   Akio shot over to the man, almost in his face.  "You mean I can learn how to fight?  At long last?!"  "Um.  I guess?"  Akio hit the accept button and ran out of the shop before the man could finish.  He'd read up on what he had to kill after he escaped the town.

[New Objective: Collect Boar Pup Tusks. 0/3 Tusks] 

LV:  3  Iron_Lion
HP:  [                    ]
EN:  [
                    ]
XP:  [
                    ]

Edited by Iron_Lion

Lately it had been busy in the Hanger again and Hei was running low on materials, as it always happened. Who evern thought it would be a good idea to have crafting have such a high chance of using up the mats without producing what you were going for must love to see others suffer. Hei didn't really remember how often it had been in the last years, that his shop had been booming with customers, but all he could tell them was that he would message them once he had finished their Itemsand that it would take a while, since he would have to go and gather materials.

Thinking back to his days before SAO and his job, he remembered an article he had written way back then, that had covered the same topic in older MMORPGs and how there were players that earned their living with farming mats for other players. As he remembered it, Hei wondered there weren't any players doing so in this game, sure it could be dangerous, but once one had reached a good level gathering on the first few floors was completely save and a good source of income without having to fight tought mobs or go questing. However he didn't remember anyone doing it, so he had to go out for his own.

As Hei just left the town on his way to the grassy hills he bumped into a player that was running the same way, while reading something in his menu. "Sorry, I didn't see you" he started to apologize as he noticed it was the player that had just bought a new armour of his shop. "Oh, hello there, nice seeing you again and to have a chance to see the armour in action. Looks good on you."

@Iron_Lion

Spoiler

Hei: 660/660 HP | 66/66 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 13 DMG | 54 MIT

Item Stats:
- Trishula, +6 DMG
-
Gladiator's Pride +54 MIT (vanity/ battleready items)
-Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Champions Robe +3 LD

Battle Ready Items:
The Champions Robe //(takes one, even when worn as vanity )
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
3 charges: Nature's Blessing (healing 15xTier)
<<The Martriarch's Stinger>> (+1 DMG for one Battle)

Edited by Hei

Akio continued to run, trying to dodge players left and right.  Npcs too, even though they typically moved out of the way when you ran towards them.  He was so excited however that he did end up bumping into an npc or player by accident, apologizing as he ran past.  His hood was up of course so they couldn't see his face, but hell yeah!  He finally got to practice fighting for once!  He was just so excited to actually practice it!  To learn how to legitimately fight!  His face beamed as he turned a corner.  Unfortunately things would not be going exactly as he anticipated.  Akio didn't see the player moving towards him until the last second.  He didn't even have enough time to scream before he collided into the player with full force.  Despite this, it was Akio who fell over, not the player.  That guy was rock solid!  Akio fell on his butt and rubbed his head before looking up as he pulled himself up.  "S-sorry, I have to-"  Then the player spoke, stating how it was nice to see him again and commenting on his clothing.  Akio blinked in confusion until he looked at the player's face.  His eyes widened.  "W-wait.  But you're.  How did.  Why did."  He was so confused at this coincidence...  Buuuut.

"There he is!  Get him!"  Akio looked behind and saw guards running after him.  Akio looked up at the player.  Should he ask him to come with him?  What would his mother say?  'Doubt everyone and everything.  Never trust anyone because they seem nice or trustworthy.'  But what if he needed help?  What if he couldn't do something alone?  What did she say after this?  'If they can prove themselves trustworthy, work with them often.  Don't just trust them after a show of trust either.'  Well...  Maybe he could see if this guy was trustworthy.  He just had to be cautious and look for any attempts to take advantage of him right?  Akio grabbed the guy's hand and tried to pull him away from the guards.  "Sorry but I gotta run!"  He let go of the player's hand, wondering if he'd try to stop Akio.  If he'd chase after Akio.  Or if he'd follow him.  There was a difference between chase and follow after all.  @Hei

[0/3 Tusks] 

]
                    ]

The player that had just bumped into him that he had recognized as the one who had ordered the armour with the ability to change their colours seemed to be just as perplexed by the coincident of them running into each other just a few days after the item had been done, so he just stuttered a few words. Hei was about to ask, where the boy was heading to when he heard some guards running towards them, chasing the boy.
It was only now that he noticed the players cursor wasn't green like his own one, but orange. Was this boy a player killer? He couldn't really believe it, but there were other ways, like getting attacked by someone who still has a green cursor and fighting back before the first strike was dealt. He had heard of things like that, so he wouldn't instantly assume him being one of the real PKers. And even if, the boy wouldn't stand a chance if he should try to attack Hei, so when the boy grabbed his hand and started running Hei followed him out of town.

On their way there they had to run through narrow streets and multiple times Hei nearly lost sight of the boy, who seemed to be trained in running away. As Hei now tried to remember he wasn't sure if he had had an orange cursor when he was in the shop, so maybe he was running and sneaking past the guards for some time.
Once they reached the outskirts of town and Hei was sure they were beyond the guards aggro range he stopped panting a little and looked at the boy before asking "What was this all about? What have you done to have earned this treatment?" He knew he wanted to get some answers, but there was something he should do beforehand, that might make it a little easier, so he added "By the way, I'm Hei and this little one is Huatli, what's your name again?" and as he said her name, the small raptor jumped from behind him, hissing at the assassin styled boy.

@Iron_Lion

Akio panted as he ran through the alleyways and streets.  Ducking behind curtains and crates, slipping into crowds, changing his color to blend in with their clothing.  He was afraid he lost Hei a few times, but whenever he saw him he'd keep going.  Eventually they managed to make it outside of the town a little ways away from the walls.  Akio panted and sat down beside a tree to catch his breath.  "Aaaagh, this sucks."  He began to slow his breathing to the point where he was calmed down now.  After this the player began to speak up, asking him what he had possibly done to have deserved such treatment.  Akio looked away from him for a moment and looked down.  He was very ashamed about it and was hoping the hood would hide that shame.  'What would mom have to say about this?.....  ''Never share the whole truth.  Only share as much as you need to feed curiosity, or enough to satisfy an ally.'''  Akio took a moment to decide what he was going to say before turning back to Hei.  "Well, I've kinda been stealing from npcs as of late.  Food, col, anything I can get my hands on really.  Have to survive somehow right?"  Is that gonna be enough?  "I haven't learned combat mechanics yet, so I can't just grind mobs.  Especially since, well.  I'm only level three.  I don't want to die and all.  Luckily I got a quest that teaches you combat!  So maybe I can do that soon."  'Ok, that should be good enough.  I don't want him to think I'm capable of murder.  At least, when I need to that is.'  

Then the storekeeper introduced himself and.  A..  Small raptor?!  Akio shot to his feet and came right up to the raptor's face, his eyes wide under the hood.  "OH MY GOSH!  THEY HAVE RAPTORS IN THIS GAME?!  THAT'S AWESOME!  Wait, does that mean aggressive raptors are like, super dangerous?  What floor are they on?  Do they attack in groups or just one at a time?  Oh uh,"  He stopped, suddenly embarrassed at his rudeness.  "My name is...  It's Akio.  Nice to meet you Hei."  'I wonder if because I hesitated he'll think my real name is actually my Alias.'

@Hei

After Hei had asked the player he had followed what he had done the player hesitated a moment before he told him that he had started stealing, as he didn't know any combat mechanics. This made Hei think for a moment. He hadn't known that stealing would change ones cursor colour, but it was a fair assumption it actually did. Still having something like stealing make you appear as if you were a PKer was rather hard on Hei's mind.

When he realized that the boy told him he stole, as he wasn't able to grind and fight, Hei started to think about how difficult living like this must have been. Stealing as one can't simply go out and hunt a few monsters, but at the same time the orange cursor that was a result of these actions prevented the boy from staying save in the town, as the guards would hunt him down whenever they notice him. So he was forced to stay outside, where the mobs he couldn't fight were.

Before Hei could wonder why the player didn't knew the combat mechanics he more or less answered the question himself, as he told him he had gotten a quest that would teach him. It seemed that the player hadn't done the tutorial quests by now, so it was no wonder he didn't know. Before they could continue to talk about this Huatli had arrived and the boy was distracted from all else. It seemed he was super excited about there being raptors and started asking questions, then stopping to tell him his name, even if it was a little hesitant.

"Well, nice to meet you Akio." Hei said, and bowed down to scratch Huatlis head before he turned back to Akio. "Sounds like you really like raptors, and yes, there are really dangerous raptors out there, and as far as I know, they fight in groups. I found some of them on the sixth floor, deep within the jungle, which is where I got this little one from." Once again he scratched Huatlis head. Hei waited if Akio had more questions, would have answered them and after that he asked "You said you just got a quest teaching you about battle, it wouldn't by any chance be the second tutorial quest. It's the one for teh smith that sends you to kill some small boars."

@Iron_Lion

Edited by Hei

Akio looked a little bit disappointed at first when he heard that the raptors were on the sixth floor.  'Aw man.  I can't even afford to go up to floor two, let alone floor six.  Oh well, I'll make it someday.  I will see those raptors.'  He nodded when the player mentioned how he loved raptors.  "Yeah!  I love cool things like dinosaurs!  I was so excited when I saw the description for sword art online!  I couldn't wait to play it...  Until..  Well."  He looked around before holding his hands out for a second in a way to gesture to the world.  "This."  This was easily the most terrifying experience for Akio.  His mother was probably either staying by his side or doing another assassination job to get enough money to put him in the highest quality hospital possible.  Maybe both.  Regardless of which way she did, he needed to get back to the real world to his mother as fast as he possibly could.

When Hei asked if the quest was the second lesson Akio looked up to him.  "You know that one huh?  I'm so glad I hit this quest.  The last one was nothing but teaching you how to craft or look for materials...  I mean it's cool I guess, but I really wanted to learn how to fight.  For many reasons, most of them obvious."  When he mentioned killing some boars Akio's ears perked up.  "Oh so that's what I'm supposed to do?"  He opened his menu and checked the objective...  Yup, he had to collect three baby boar tusks.  He nodded.  "Alright then!  I guess that's what I have to do...  Um...  Where do people usually find baby boars???"

[0/3 Tusks]  @Hei

]
                    ]

When Akio answered his more or less rhetorical question about him liking raptors Hei had to smile. It was such a n innocent few of the world many kids had, and Hei really liked being around players who were like this. To him the game world had lost it's wonders long ago, probably shortly after he had started his job, but then again, there had been other things he had been interested in. Being reminded off the times before he analysed games rather than simply enjoying the fabulous worlds they created was a really nice thing, so instinctively Hei said "You know, it's not as bad as you might see it. It's dangerous and it's definitely not the right thing Kayaba did, but it's a chance for all of us to really live the adventure we hoped for. I'll help you get strong enough to see the raptors if you'd like." The last part was mostly, because he had noticed the boys looking a little disappointed when he had told him which floor they were on.

So when they were at the tree and talking about the quest, Hei nodded when Akio asked him if he knew the quest. It was one of the simple beginner quests everyone should do for starters, as they did not just showed you how to play the game, but even were a good source of starter items and they rewarded the players who did them with quite some nice xp. Hei was thinking back to when he had done the quest, but he couldn't really remember any more, as it had been so long ago, but when Akio asked where one would find the boar pubs Hei smiled again. "Well, I know that we have to head out to the hills right over there, but just in case you don't have anyone around to tell you, there is two ways to get Information like these. First there are quests that include map data, specifying the area you have to go, they got this button that looks a lot like a treasure map down in the description in the quest log, I think this one should have this feature" he said and waited for Akio to have a look. Then he continued "The second way to get information on quest is to find an information broker or the newest version of the guidebook. It contains most information the stronger players gathered by now and it's for free"

@Iron_Lion

Akio was still upset about having been separated from his mother.  However when Hei said how it's not as bad as he may see it, he realized what he'd done.  '''Never doubt yourself, and never show weakness to others.''  That's what mother always says.  I need to stand strong and never show any form of weakness.  And sadness at the separation of my mom..  Can count as a weakness.  I can't screw this up again!'  Akio changed his frown into a confident smile in the snap of a second and nodded.  "Oh yeah!  Once I learn how to survive for a long time, I'll get strong enough to do anything I want and go anywhere I want.  That's a promise!"  'And I will too.  I won't let you down mom.  I'm going to make you proud, and become not just a survivor.  But a winner.'  When Hei offered Akio to help get him strong enough to reach the dinosaurs one day he was about to take up on that offer, when he remembered his mother's creed again.  'Never trust anyone because they seem nice or trustworthy.'  Akio nodded.  "Thank you very much for the offer sir, but I'd like to see how far I can get on my own first.  Maybe sometime in the future."  'If I trust you enough not to stab me in the back, or turn me into the authorities.'  

When Hei said they had to head over the hills, Akio had already started running.  He wanted to get to combat as soon as he could after all.  However the man suddenly added that there were ways to get information that didn't involve asking players for assistance.  To this, Akio halted and turned to listen.  Hei couldn't see his eyes under the hood, but he'd see the utter surprise on his lower features.  He started by sharing how certain quests would show you where the objective was if you pressed a certain button.  "Wait you serious?  I thought it just popped up automatically!"  He followed Hei's instructions and pressed the button, seeing a thin blue line drawn in a circle in the area Hei had mentioned.  'Huh...  I'll be damned.'  When Hei continued about info brokers Akio's shoulders sank.  "Awwww, but I heard those guys are expensiiiiive."  Furthermore, he was told about the guide.  Akio groaned and was about to argue that when he saw it, the book was too big for him to read it...  But then there was his mother's creed.  'If it contains useful information, read it in your spare time.  The more knowledge you possess, the less likely you are to fall in the trap of ignorance.'  Akio stood there for a bit before sighing.  "Alright fine, I'll find and get the stupid huge book."

[0/3 Tusks]  @Hei

]
                    ]

To Hei it seemed the younger player understood what he said about the game being as it was wasn't that bad, as he told him, that oncehe would become strong enough to survive he would do whatever he wanted. This was the kind of thinking Hei had had for the last two or so years, even though he had found a kind of family, so he was bound to stay save for them. There were a few risky things he would love to try, but he wouldn't do, as he knew how hard the death of one of their members had been to the guild and he wouldn't want them to go through this pain again. When the boy declined his offer, stating that he would get strong enough on his own Hei had to smile as he though this to be the right attitute to archive ones goals. "Well, if that's the case I wont stop you from doing so. But be assured, if you ever need help you can message me and I'll be there" he replied.

Once they had started going on the hunt for the boars and Akio had found out about the quest location tool, the infobrokers, who really were a little expensive if one had no income and the guide, that had become quite big by now, they would start their hunt. Arriving at one of the hills, a stunning view of grassy hills, the forest in the background and multiple small boars was what they were blessed with. Hei pointed at one of the boars and as the game system noticed it, it showed it's HP bar and the cursor, implying that it was a passive mob, that wouldn't attack untill it was attacked. "Okay, so here we are. These are the boars you have to kill and loot for the tusks for the old blacksmith. I don't know what weapon you use, even though you look like a dagger user, so I can't exactly tell you how to do it, but there are stances that start your swordskills if you hold them for a little. Most of the time it's simply the beginning of the movement you want the weapon to do. If you hold it your weapon will start glowing and if you release the skill, the system will take over for a short time, guiding your movements to land some serious hit or hits. You should go and try it yourself while I'll be here, looking for some materials and if you need help, just call out to me, I'll be right there."

So Hei left the boy alone for a moment, so he could experience the thrill of fighting and the mechanics for himself, and made his way down the hill to a bushy area, as he hoped there would be materials for him to use, but it seemed the area really was just made bushy for appeareance. Maybe he would be more lucky somewhere else, but for the moment he would stay there and watch the boy fight his first fight.

ID# 121063
LD: 3 -> nothing found

@Iron_Lion ooc: sorry for not posting earlier

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

Once again, Hei promised that his aid was there if Akio was willing and in the need of it.  And once again, Akio mentally reminded himself that he would not do so until he was absolutely certain he could trust this player.  So far there was nothing that proved otherwise.  This guy wasn't pressing for information though, so that was one thing.  ''Anyone smart will gain your favor first, and steal secrets once they've won your trust.'  Right, I can't let myself slip up.  Not this early on in the game.  No way am I letting this player steal my secrets.......  What secrets?'  He shook this thought away when Hei mentioned that they had reached the area.  Akio stopped and looked out across the fields to see the many many boars that littered their way around.  There were big ones, medium ones, small ones.  'I wonder if I could ride one someday.  Do they have a riding skill?'  Akio looked over as Hei began to explain some of the basics of combat.  How in order to use sword skills, one had to either stand still long enough for it to activate, or to just start the sequence on your own.  Akio put a hand to his chin as he thought.  'So these two methods allow for beginners and veterans to have their way..  Stances allow for those who haven't memorized the sequence, or movement of the sword art to use them.  And the movement allows for those who have already learned and memorized it to activate it on their own.  Guess that's one of the big differences between us and them.  We need to wait for it to activate while they can just charge in...  Kinda scary but cool at the same time.'  Akio nodded and flexed his left hand.  "Got it.  I'm gonna go kill some boars!"  With that Akio turned and charged over nearby one.

The young boy was still getting used the mechanics of his new hidden dagger however.  He took the stance, and his blade glowed.  Hei wouldn't see it of course, cause it was hidden beneath the bracer.  The boy rushed at the monster and tried to activate the hidden blade.  However when it came out, he failed to grab the handle in time, and thus it swerved the other way, away from his grasp.  'No!  Oh No no no!'  So instead of stabbing the boar with it, he bonked it on the head with his hand which did nothing.  Nothing but irritate it.  The creature squealed and glared at him.  "Aha...  My mistake?"  The boar roared and dashed at him until Akio dodged the attack at the last second.  Rolling and pulling the blade out again, this time grabbing it and holding it reverse style in his left hand.

[Combat initiated]
[ID# 122290] BD: MD: 1

[
Iron_Lion][DMG:_04//EVA:_03]
HP:  [                    ] (60)
                    ] (6)
                    ]

[
Boar_Pup][DMG:_03]

[0/3 Tusks]  @Hei

Edited by Iron_Lion
  • 9 months later...

Akio was extraordinarily grateful that he was fighting baby boars. Because they had no idea what the heck they were even doing. When it charged at him, it was running as fast as possible, but it's stumbling made it insanely easy to determine where it would be, letting him move to the side just in time. He also noticed that if the boar did a full charge, it would be a bit disorientated afterwards, stumbling for two seconds before it turned around to glare at him again. Akio focused his gaze on the boar as he thought of his mother's creed. 'Everyone is a creature of habit. Just as hunters exploit the repetitive behavior of the animals they stalk to their advantage, so do assassins with humans. Find the motive, discover the pattern, and exploit it to your advantage.' The boar pup was designed to act with minimal intelligence since it was an infant, and while it could move easily, charging was difficult since it was not fully grown just yet. Thus it couldn't change directions on purpose and needed to balance itself after stopping. What would happen if he stabbed it as it ran by him? Would it suddenly stop? Fall over? There was only one way to find out. Akio waited until the boar pup attacked for what could be the seventh time (he wasn't really keeping count) and waited for what he believed to be the perfect moment.

He swung his blade. And missed by a fraction of an inch.

He didn't curse or make exclamations. He just spun the blade around. In the real world, he'd practiced with daggers as part of self defense training. This blade however was a very unique design. Because of that, he hadn't adjusted to it's weight and functions. He should probably start training with it more often. The boar pup, not understanding what just happened, recovered and charged again. This time, Akio took his stance, focused, and activated his sword art side bite. Since he got his practice swing in, he felt it would be good to try out his best sword art real quick. He thrust his blade into the boar pup's brain, causing it to squeal and trip into the ground. Now immobilized, he quickly finished the sword art by stabbing it's brain from the other side. With that the creature shattered and the rewards menu popped up. Tiny bit of experience and: "Yeeaaaah! I got one!  Hey Hei! I got-" He looked around to show off his prize but Hei wasn't there. "Wait, what?"

[Combat initiated]
[ID# 151057 || BD: 10; MD: 6] [4x2=8 dmg]
[ID# 151058 || LD: 12+] [+1 Boar Tusk]

[
Iron_Lion]
[DMG:_04//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (60/60)
                    ] (1/6)
                    ]

[
Boar_Pup]
[DMG:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (0/5)

[1/3 Tusks]

Edited by Iron_Lion

Akio scanned the area, hoping to spot the player who had agreed to help him out. Where did he go? Did he, abandon him? No... No he said he'd be gathering materials right? Perhaps that's all he was doing then. 'Always assume the worst outcome, so that should it come to pass you will be ready for it.' Right. Even if he is gathering materials, I have to assume he's hiding and waiting to attack me at any moment. Which means... He looked at his energy bar real quickly. Two out of six huh? That wouldn't do. He needed to keep it as high as he could so that he could activate side bite on Hei and make a break for it. He stood no chance against a higher leveled player, so without a stun or paralyze he'd never outrun him, out damage him, or out block him. His only choice if attacked was to get lucky and strike a stun on him and bolt for the gates. That was his best hope to him... He scanned the area around him a second time but to no avail. If he was using the hiding skill, then he'd never find him without the search skill. He checked his energy meter again. Two points? Well.. It would fill up in a few minutes anyways.

[Iron_Lion]

] (2/6)
                    ]

Akio sighed aloud. "Maaaan, did he seriously just ditch me? Come on, that's a low blow." He waited a moment for any reaction, but there was no response. Disappointed that he couldn't resolve this immediately, and frustrated that he had to wait with his hair on end, Akio stomped over to a large rock and sat down on it with his arms crossed. He spun the hidden blade, having a little bit of difficulty getting it to line up with it's holster, and a bit more difficulty using one hand to slide it back into place until he heard the click. "Hmmm... Might take a bit of time to get used to.. Maybe I should do some practice swings while waiting?" He twitched his hand to release the blade, and tried to grab it, disconnect it and wield it as a proper knife smoothly, but once again he failed to get a good grip on the blade and the thing just spun out of control. He waited for it to stop spinning and once it did, he struggled to get it back into place until he heard the click once again. Sighing with frustration, he just kept releasing, grasping and returning the blade until he had finally got the motion down. 'Cool. Now I just need to practice releasing this while doing some action. Like run and release, run and retract.'

[Iron_Lion]

] (2/6)
                    ]

Akio began to do just that. He'd back up a bit, then suddenly charge forward, thrust his hand forward, and release the blade. Once or twice he accidentally cut himself as the blade came out, but that was due to him being impatient and trying to grab the blade before it had fully released. After a few more tries, he finally managed to, while running, release the blade, grab the handle, disconnect it, and hold it in a reverse position in just under two seconds. Panting from this he decided it would be best to take a break before he moved onto his practice on retracting it while running. Sitting down on the chair again he held his left arm up to admire the craftsmanship. He knew that the blade was awesome in the game, but the guy who made this was even more awesome. Akio barely gave an accurate description. He was just a kid and didn't know how to draw too well, just the basics. Yet without any of the key parts shown to him, the blacksmith was able to perfectly create it. Was that what the crafting skill could do? That was pretty dope. 'Always make strong allies you can rely on.' Akio needed someone whom he could trust. Someone who wouldn't ask questions and could get the job done... Could he be the perfect blacksmith for him?

[Iron_Lion]

] (6/6)
                    ]

Akio thought a bit about the blacksmith. He didn't know the player's name, but he did know the shop: The Blazing Typhoon. It was kind of a funny name with a cool image on the sign. He wouldn't forget it anytime soon. Maybe he'd meet up with him sometime. However, he noticed that the boar pup he had killed respawned, materializing out of thin air. At first he was surprised, but after thinking about it, it kind of made sense. The boar of course, was yellow. That meant.. It was neutral right? Maybe he should write a reference journal, as well as a bestiary for himself. It would make tracking information a lot easier. Did the menu even come with a journal? Never mind that he thought. Akio pushed himself off the rock and took a stance. If Hei really was an enemy, his perfect chance to attack would be while Akio was attacking the boar. And so, he needed to be ready to roll out of the way at any second. At any rate, he altered his stance until the glow showed up around him and dashed forward.

The boar saw him rushing at it, but since it hadn't been hit just yet all it did was give a warning growl. Of course, this gave Akio the perfect advantage. He activated his hidden blade and shoved it into the boar's shoulder, then triggered it's retraction so he could keep running past it. The boar squealed in pain and Akio took advantage of it's shock by grinding his heels into the ground, jumping into the air, released his dagger and slashed at it's neck from above. And with that the boar pup shattered into pieces... Unfortunately. See, Akio forgot one thing: That the boar wasn't going to be there when he finished it off. His eyes widened. "Sh*t..."

[Combat initiated]
[ID# 151220] [BD: 7; MD: 6-3=3] [4x2=8 dmg]
[ID# 151221] [LD: 12] [+1 Boar Pup]

[
Iron_Lion]

] (4/6)
                    ]

[

[0/3 Tusks]

Akio could only let loose that one last word before he hit the ground square in the face. Letting an 'Oof' escape his lips, he quickly recovered and pushed himself up, automatically taking a battle stance just in case that player tried to attack him from the shadows... Nothing. Akio let out the breath he inhaled and relaxed a bit, retracting his hidden blade. 'So he didn't attack then... Well, that must mean that either he really sucks at being a killer, or he really doesn't intend on killing me. That being said, I still don't trust this guy. For all I know, he might have ulterior motives for me. I'm glad I gave him my real name and not my user name.' Not long ago he had another chat with that shady npc who gave pkers some much needed information on staying alive. One of the things he told Akio was to be wary of giving his user name out, as there were players who had mastered the tracking skill, and (via a mod) could track down any player without a particular hiding mod. That meant that if Akio wanted to truly remain anonymous forever, as well as survive against his enemies, he needed to get that mod... But, he also needed to master his dagger skills and get some armor skills. That way he'd have high damage and high evasion. So should he go after the armor, or hiding first? Hmmmm....

[Iron_Lion]

] (5/6)
                    ]

[2/3 Tusks]

Akio sat down cross legged, his eyes closing deep in thought. Armor or hiding? That was an important decision. Unfortunately he didn't know all of the details on the skills. He supposed he really had no choice but to find and read this guide to Sword Art Online. He really didn't want to though... Oh well. He supposed he didn't really have many other options. He certainly couldn't afford buying the information he needed from Info Brokers... Yet. One of these days he certainly would, but not yet. Of course... How to obtain the money... Was kind of an issue... Well. Akio looked at his cursor. 'I've already crossed that line. With all the lessons my mother and my tutors given me, assassination really seems to be the only path for me. And, my age should catch my targets by surprise.' With that in mind, he figured he should get back to his training. He'd finally learned how to activate sword arts, and was beginning to get used to the combat mechanics. And all he needs is one more tusk anyway, so he should kill one more, get it's tusk, and finish the quest so he could get the experience points. It was rather odd that it used skill points as a stand in for experience points though... Was that intentional?

[Iron_Lion]

] (6/6)
                    ]

[2/3 Tusks]

Akio stood up again and looked around. This time, the boar pup didn't respawn. He didn't want to just stand around and wait, so he looked around until he spotted another one... Or rather, one that wasn't with any of it's parents. He took a second to judge the distance, and nodded before taking his stance, and through that, activated his sword art. Once activated, he charged forward towards the unsuspecting infant. Just before he reached it, he activated his hidden blade, releasing it and shoving it into it's forehead. Immediately afterwards he retracted it, turned around, and released it again, throwing the blade into the back of it's head, finishing it off. He watched the boar shatter and his dagger fall... But. All he got was experience. ".....What, The HELL?!" Why didn't it drop the tusk?! Was there a percentage chance to drop the item? If that's the case, was he just lucky? Or was this one time an unlucky chance? Either way, this sucks.

[Combat initiated]
[ID# 151403] [BD: 8; MD: 2-3=1] [4x2=8 dmg]
[ID# 151404] [LD: 9] [Nothing Found]

[
Iron_Lion]

] (4/6)
                    ]

[

Edited by Iron_Lion

Grumbling as he walked over to his dagger, he picked it up and reattached it to his bracer. Making sure the mechanics were working properly, he scanned the area again. The boar he'd killed twice now had respawned. Well... It gave him a tusk the other two times... He sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Man... I'm sorry mister boar, but. You're the only chance I've got right now." He took the stance again and charged at the beast. This time he wanted to try something new. He released the blade as he came near the boar, stabbed it's face, and instead of retracting the knife he grabbed the hilt and forced it forward in a slash movement. Making two hits in one hit, and therefore dealing the sword art in the span of a second and a half rather than three to five. After his attack the monster shattered and he gained a tusk. Finally! Now he just had to... Sneak, back into town..  Ugh.

[Time Skip]

Akio ducked into the blacksmith's doorway and ducked under a table. He signaled the npc to keep his mouth shut and the door swung open. "Hey, did a kid wearing a hood run in here?" "....No, not that I'm aware of. Did he do something wrong?" "Theft and possibly murder." With that they ran out. And Akio rolled onto his back out from under the table. "Before you ask, no I didn't steal these, yes I stole to survive. Here's the tusks. Take them. Let me lie here already." The blacksmith was silent for a moment and slowly took the five tusks. "...I see. Thank you boy. You've been a great help to me." "Yeah... You've no idea..." "If you would, I would like you to deliver something for me real quick." "......uuuuuuuuauuuauaaaAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

[Combat initiated]
[ID# 151405] [BD: 10; MD: 6-3=3] [4+2x2=12 dmg]
[ID# 151406] [LD: 9] [+1 Tusk]

[
Iron_Lion]

] (2/6)
                    ]

[