[PP/F1] <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

Spoiler

Athena stood in the church on floor one. She was packing a small lunch for herself, and for Sol. She had been greeted by a gypsy that had wandered into the church where she stayed at and worked in. Before anyone else could approach her, Athena had welcomed the woman. Athena had received a quest and some food and had asked Sol to accompany her. So there she stood, at the counter preparing food. It was something she always did. She had yet to do the cooking quest, but everyone at the church knew she was an excellent cook. Athena grinned as she finished preparing their lunches, packing extra food just in case they stumbled on anyone in the town. "You ready to go Sol?" 

~~~ A Few Moments Later ~~~

Athena found herself in the center of the Town of Beginnings, where all of the shops were. Her eyes glancing up at the sky, "It's really a lovely day to be doing this." Athena smiled kindly and warmly at Solei.

@Solei @Fuyuno

Solei checked through his inventory-- which he had to admit, was pretty damn bare. He gave a depressed sigh and looked over Athena's shoulder. "Looks good," he noted, giving an ear to ear grin. Taking a few steps back, he gave her a dorky thumbs up.

"All ready!"

The bluenette nodded and gave her a matching grin. "It really is. What do you plan to get as your familiar? You'd be surprised on the wonky ones out there," he mused, reminiscing about the time he had seen a baby bear cub and a giant snake with a fox for its head at the same place. "I wonder if I'm ever going to get a familiar," he murmured, scratching his chin. He had never really thought about it before. He thought that having a bunch of kids was enough to handle but then a pet? He wasn't too keen on that...

Fuyuno was out in the «Town of Beginnings» looking around the shops. She had just completed her first ever quests the day previous and was excited to keep learning more. She had heard at the end of the last quest from the previous day that she would need to find someone named Hannah by some trees, so now she was out looking around the city for her. Yesterday's quests were so fun, I can't wait to see what today's is like! Even though the quests had lasted a bit, the girl got to learn a bunch about the game's system, and even made her first friends in the game, so she had gone to sleep that night with a heart full of joy. Today's weather is as pretty as always! It's perfect to explore in! I hope I get to see more stuff outside the city, but I gotta make sure to be careful, she thought to herself with a look of determination. Afterwards, she began looking through the store windows, getting distracted slightly. It only took a moment to remember what she was supposed to be doing though. When she did, she remembered from yesterday that quest characters had a question mark above their heads, so that's what she began looking for as well just in case. After a bit of searching, her mind began to wander back to the women she had made friends with. Maybe I should send them a message and ask for help...

Edited by Fuyuno

Athena grinned as her Solei headed out, "I'm not sure! I was just wanting to take it at it's face. Whatever comes my way, comes my way.. Y'know?" Athena chuckled before they continued. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get a familiar of yourself sometime soon!" Athena held out her arms, stretching, before she dropped them once again back by her side.

Athena's eyes caught sight of a girl with hair of a pearly color. She was very short, child-like looking. Athena glanced back at Solei with a cheery grin on her face, "Looks like we stumbled on someone~" Athena decided right then and there that she would make contact. Athena walked straight towards the girl, "Hello there! It's a lovely day isn't it?" Athena placed a gentle hand on Fuyuno's shoulder, "The name's Athena. The man behind me is Solei." Athena grinned, "Whatcha doin there?" Athena looked at the shops nearby, Will we need anything from here?

Solei sweat dropped and blew a puff of air as he chuckled nervously. "Are you kidding? I'd feel bad for my familiar if I ever got one. The kids wouldn't stop bugging it, plus I feel like I already have a dozen beasts to tame back at the church," he said, grinning goofily at her. 

Solei peeked over Athena's shoulder and had a blank face for a second-- as if he was processing what was going on-- before it grew into realization. He darted over to Athena's side and examined the girl. She looked young. Young enough to be one of the kids at the church, actually. He thought that they had rallied up all the kids on floor one in the first year, so what was this girl doing alone? He's never seen her before!

"A-ah, yes, hello!" He snapped out of his thoughts and gave a friendly wave to her as Athena introduced him herself.

Fuyuno was just about to open her menu when she heard a voice call out to her from close by. Looking up, she suddenly felt a soft hand plop gently atop her head which surprised her a little, but she didn't hate it. Apparently a couple of players had approached her, and the woman of the pair was the one patting her on the head. Fuyuno smiled joyfully at the caress, enjoying the rare sign of affection that she hadn't felt since entering the game. After a moment of this, she realized that the two were waiting for her to answer a question, and she froze up. Her eyes rolled up for a moment while she thought, then she looked back up at the two with a concerned expression while crossing her index fingers over her mouth. This worked with Kirbs, so I hope they also understand that I can't talk...

Edited by Fuyuno

Athena chuckled, "True point there! I should probably shoot for something that's friendly then, eh?" Athena smiled at the thought of the children back at the place she had been living since the launch of the game, "It'd be nice for them to have an animal to love on though. It might make it feel more.. real.." Athena stopped talking as real popped out of her mouth. Truth be told the kids need more positivity in their lives. Athena now focused her attention on the girls' reply to her head pat. She can't talk? Athena had no need to worry. A lot of the kids were a lot like this new girl. Quiet at first. Athena was unbothered and unfazed by it at all, "It's okay. I understand if you can't talk.." She crouched down so she would be eye-level with the girl. She opened up the list of players on the first floor, the list was endless. Her menu was positioned so the girl could see everything she was doing, just in case she wasn't sure how to pull it up. She narrowed it down by players that were closest to her, Solei's name was on that very list, along with a name she had never seen before.. Fuyuno? Athena smiled warmly, "Is your name Fuyuno?"

Solei's slate blue eyes lit up as he realized that the girl couldn't talk-- okay, that sounded wrong, but give the man some credit, this was his job! Hhis mouth opened ajar as he placed his hands on his cheeks, squishing them together as he looked excitedly at Athena. He danced around on his feet as he let out a loud squeal, attracting a few weird glances from passerby' eyes. 

"Is this what it feels like to know what your destiny is?" He whispered to Athena, his eyes glancing over to the mute girl once more. "Because I think I just found mine!" He said excitedly, turning his heel to look at this Fuyuno girl more carefully. 

"I completely understand!" The bluenette said a little bit too enthusiastically. He bent down on one knee and gave her an innocent grin. He turned his head towards to Athena one last time, "this is my specialty!" He drawled, whipping his head back to Fuyuno. 

"My name is Solei, by the way and the lady next to me is Athena, nice to meet you!" He said joyously, holding his hand out to the girl. 

When the girl named Athena voiced her understanding, Fuyuno felt very relieved that the finger-crossing worked again. I could use this when I meet new people! How should I ask to be friends though... She thought for a second before noticing Athena crouched in front of her with her menu open and visible. She watched in amazement as the woman adjusted a list of names that were on her menu until it showed the man named Solei's and her own at the very top. When the woman inquired about her name, she nodded in confirmation, mouth still hanging open. She vaguely heard the other player whisper something, but it was faint enough that she didn't catch what he said before he spoke up more vigorously and... spinning around on his heel? Well at least he's happy! I don't really know why though... Although his eccentrics were a bit surprising to her, Fuyuno just assumed he was really excitable about meeting new people.

When the man knelt down in front of her, Fuyuno felt a bit embarrassed by his posture. Her face glowed pink a bit and she covered her face with her hands, though she kept her fingers apart so she could peek. Her mouth was once again agape, but this time was for a different reason than earlier. She watched as he spoke to Athena again, but when he turned to Fuyuno again she fumbled back a bit. When he introduced himself and Athena for the second time she removed her hands from her face and nodded, but when he offered her his hand she had to cover her whole face this time as she felt her whole face burning up. Why does he look like he's proposing?! The girl had no way of responding to what was going on (in her head), so she just stood still, unsure of what was really going on.

Edited by Fuyuno

Athena smiled as Fuyuno understood what she was doing. Solei went up to the girl, and Athena stood to her feet, letting Sol take over. "Have a go at it." She gave Solei a lighthearted warm wink. She always winked at him. He's pretty darn cute too. Athena let out a small sigh. Solei had yet to know about the important factor of her life.. I wonder how the front lines are going.. Is he on them? Is he fighting to get us back to the real world? Athena watched as Sol bent down on one knee. It definitely looked like Fuyuno was embarrassed. Athena smiled to herself, I want to get married one day..

As Solei continued, his attention constantly being on Fuyu, she patted him on the back, whispering in his ear, "Might want to get off of that one knee, or sit down on your heels.. It looks like she's feeling awkward." 

Solei blinked dumbfoundedly as he watched Fuyuno get all flustered. Did he do something wrong?

"Eh?" He craned his head to look over at Athena with a confused expression. "I don't get what I'm doing wrong-- oh," he trailed off, his eyes widening in realization as he scrambled around frantically. After a few seconds of cursing under his breath and shifting his limbs, he just settled down for sitting on his butt. Crossing his legs, he clapped his hands together and gave both of the girls a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I can get pretty dense sometimes!"

"Ah, well..." he looked over to Fuyuno again. It sounded like a Japanese username, so maybe teaching her American Sign Language wasn't such a good idea. Well, he did pick up a few JSL when he was working... but not much of it. He let out a sigh as all of his hopes and dreams just got crushed beneath his very feet.

Fuyuno kept her eyes covered for a few minutes. During this time she vaguely heard the two players whispering to each other, followed by the rustling sound of hastened movement. It wasn't until the sound of hands clapping together and Solei apologizing that she peaked an eye through her hands again. As her eye adjusted to the light again, she saw the man sitting with his legs crossed, which relieved her. Finally able to remove her hands from her face, Fuyuno let out a heavy sigh with one hand to her chest. She kept breathing for a few seconds with her hand to her chest, trying to get her heart to slow down. Of course, she was unaware that in SAO that was all just for show, and she wasn't feeling her actual heart beat. Even so, once she felt calm again, she faced the two of them and smiled.

Now that she had the space to think again, she remembered that she still hadn't figured out how to ask if they could be friends. After a moment of thinking, however, the obvious answer came to her. Oh yeah, I can just send them friend requests! Upon realizing this, she held up an index finger to the two in front of her. She then made that two fingers, and swiped downwards to open her menu. After tapping a few buttons here and there, trying to remember what she had seen the day before, she managed to figure out how to send the two players each a friend request, and did so with another breath of relief.

The genuine return of the smile that lined Fuyuno's face brought joy back into Athena's body. Though she found the whole situation to be rather funny. A ding sounded, the sound of a friend request. Athena checked it, before clicking the circle that meant the girl would be added to her friends list. "Say, Fuyuno. Want to join on a quest with Solei and I? I got this quest." She tapped through her UI, "You and Sol can communicate with each other while we get there.. I got this quest, to find a familiar. Tame it, and take it home." She double checked the details, drawing the food item from her inventory.

"It looks like once I find one, I have five chances to tame it with food before it runs away, then we have to start all over again." Athena thought for a moment. "I wouldn't mind having a friend like you come along."

Solei deadpanned as he sighed in defeat. Well dang, maybe he wasn't in his line of expertise after all. 

"Fuyuno, huh?" He muttered to himself as he stood up and sighed. "I don't think I can really do much," he sniffed. "JSL isn't really something I picked up much one," he mumbled sheepishly, fiddling with his fingers. Hopes and dreams, my friends, were broken today.

"Also," he turned to a new topic rather quickly. "How have we not seen you around before?" He asked, his brows furrowing as he glanced over to Athena nervously. "I thought we did a full sweet before the first month of the game," he sighed again, shaking his head. If they missed Fuyuno, who knows how many more kids they missed. It's been two years for God's sake! How would little kids survive for two years in a game like this? It was practically impossible! 

When the two players approved her friend requests, Fuyuno smiled brightly again. When Athena brought up a quest and invited Fuyuno to join, the girl became visibly psyched up, eyes sparkling as she nodded. This look of wonder and excitement intensified once the woman mentioned finding and taming a familiar. Woah! You can get a cute little familiar from a quest?! I wanna do that! I want a familiar! Oh- As she nearly let her excitement overtake her, she remembered that she had learned to previous day that only the person taking a quest got the prizes from it. While this made her pause for a moment in disappointment, her frozen expression melted instantly into a giddy (and slightly embarrassed) smile upon hearing Athena call her a friend. She's so nice! We only just met and she's already calling me her friend and relying on me! i did send her a friend request, but she already called me 'friend'! At this point, Solei stood up with what looked to Fuyuno to be a depressed expression. This made Fuyuno frown sadly herself, feeling somehow responsible for his mood. This didn't last long though, as the man quickly changed the topic. The topic of choice, however, wasn't the most comfortable for the girl, which was apparent by her concerned expression. Nonetheless, she wouldn't feel right without giving an answer. Thus, she opened her menu and navigated it to send a message to Solei; something she had become somewhat familiar with the day before thanks to the other friends she had made. Fuyuno's expression was a bit strained as she typed the message out, doing her best not to remember too much of the terror she had felt. If she let those memories trigger a chain reaction, she wouldn't be able to go out for a while again due to fear. After typing as much as she could bring herself to say, she sent the message to Solei to read.

After the big man in the sky told us we would die for real, I got really scared and hid away in an inn for a long time...

Athena was ready to kick butt and find a familiar. Which one do I even want.. Sol asked me earlier.. But I never even gave him a proper reply... Athena wasn't sure herself... She just assumed that whatever she came across she would attempt to tame. Either way, now was not the time or place to begin her search. She was still in the meeting with the beautiful child, by the name of Fuyuno. Herself and Solei were getting to know the girl. Beginning to understand how she thought, what she was doing.. What her goals were...

Athena didn't want to steal Solei's thunder so she let him do the talking. She would let him keep the conversation going, and she would only speak when she needed to. This was his domain after all. He had been a teacher and knew ASL too... "Just because she doesn't seem American, doesn't mean she can't learn American Sign Language. She seems like a smart kid, i'd still try and teach her. That way she can talk to us easier. She can even take it with her when she escapes this game."