[F12-PP] Thunder, aAHHaaAAAhhAAAAHH! <<Lord of the Seas>>

Billedresultat for thunderous ocean

Spoiler

<<Lord of the Seas>>

This quest takes place on Floor 12
This quest is repeatable

lagiacrus_by_pachyrhinosaurus-d4awpzb.jp

Usually the swamps of Floor 12 are quiet, aside from the occasional splash from alligators or other swamp monsters traversing the murky waters. However occasionally, a great storm brews and lightning strikes the swamp, as though something was serving as a mobile lightning conductor. Sailors of Floor 12 speak of the "Lord of the Seas", an alligator looking wyvern which traverses the wet domains of the Floor as though it owns them and wreaks havoc to the sailors and fishermen of the Floor.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (22 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Sea Wyvern must be defeated
-Due to the muddy waters of the swamp, movement has been hindered and all players receive -2 to evasion. 
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Lightning Rod>>

Sea Wyvern Information:

<<Sea Wyvern>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 300
Damage per Attack: 300

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, its lightning strike will chain and strike the entire party for full damage.

Rewards:

1. <<Lightning Rod>> Grants a weapon a one turn paralysis effect on a critical hit. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.
Recommended Level: 33

Macradon was packing up his shop for today, cleaning everything after Alec had left, closing down the shop before he would go out for his next lil’ errand. He wanted to prepare himself to get some consumables that would aide him with his combat. Today his sights were set on the Lightning Rod item from the Lord of the Seas on floor 12. It shouldn’t be a problem for him to take alone, so he would just venture out towards the floor with swamps that the Lord of the Seas resided in. Wearing his usual fighting attire, Macradon was clad from head to toe in darkened plate mail with red cloth scattered around as scarfs and accents to the armor. Walking with his sword in his back harness as well as his cerberus chained up to his hand, Macradon was ready to take this lord of the seas a second time.

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 80
1645 HP
175 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
116 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 81 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Exiled Requiem ................... // +81 Mitigation
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Buff name ........................ // Buff effect

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(78) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +3xTier(9) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Spoiler

LVL: 26 | HP: 520 | EN: 52 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MT

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 4 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R5 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

> Concentration: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must declare use in roll purpose).

Equipped:

> T2- Target Necklace: 2 ACC

> T2- Rose Thorns: 2 PAR, 1 BLEED

> T2- Chronograph: 2(4) REC, 1 (18) MIT

Scarfy slithered around Kirbs' neck as she looked at the now pouring sky. She never really liked rain. It always seemed so depressing, and it always kind of made her sad, but she couldn't really get anymore sadder than what she is right now, right? Right? Yeah, she was right. 

What was she supposed to kill, again? Some kind of alligator dragon thing or something, or something like that? She wracked through her head for the answer. She had completely forgotten, but it should be too hard, right? Her lips quirked into a frown as she sighed. She sure hoped that she didn't die today. That would kind of suck, like, a lot. 

"Whelp. I'm not doing anything standing here," she mumbled, "let's a go." Har, har. Nintendo reference, am I right? Right? Yeah, okay. No one is ever going to get that, are they?

Off to the swamp, we go!

Getting up to the depressing 12 floor, Macradon sighed as he went towards the spawn point of the monster. It wasn’t too far away, but it was quite the drag to get there. The floor’s scenery was depressing, boring, not really much to see, not really much to discover. Though the floor was boring as it was and discovering things of the floor was not spectacular, Macradon did find something to cheer up his day, another player. “Oh, hey!” Macradon said through the visor of his helmet as he waved at the other person with his free hand. Thinking that the random person probably wouldn’t know anyone wearing as sinister armor as Macradon was right now, he doffed his helmet to reveal his alabaster hair and scarlet eyes. Now with better vision, Macradon somewhat recognized this “new” person, it was someone he had met before, if only briefly, a customer of his shop.

Kirbs nearly jumped as a voice addressed her. It felt strangely familiar, but she was almost certain she has never heard this voice before. 

Whipping around, she took a step backwards. Yeah, okay, she definitely did not know this person-- oh wait, never mind. Tilting her head, she took a good look at him before laughing to herself. "Right, you're that guy who made my old weapon a while ago," she said out loud, snapping her fingers. 

"Are you here to do that quest, too?" She asked, sniffing. He honestly looked a bit too over-leveled for this quest. Was he doing it a second time or something? Huh, well that's odd. 

Scarfy loosened himself around her neck and lifted his head to meet the stranger. Right, right, she's never brought Scarfy to that shop with her before. He looked over her shoulder and towards the very, very friendly-looking dog that Macradon had. 

"That's a pretty sick familiar you got there," she commented, her eyes casting downwards to the three-headed dog.

Macradon nodded his head at this not so stranger anymore “Aye, and you’re the one who came in to buy a weapon a while ago.” Macradon said with a slight chortle. Nodding once again Macradon would reply “Yeahup, gotta get that Lightning Rod, never know when Paralyze can be of use.”. Crouching down to Belphegor’s level, which wasn’t really that much lower, Macradon would pat two of the heads at the complement of the girl “I know right? He’s been with me through a lot now, so I’d say he’s pretty sick as well.”. Looking at Kirb’s familiar, Macradon would silently try to look at it and understand what it was … but it was difficult. It wasn’t any normal amalgamation from myths or legends … this one was … really special. “Your familiar … is pretty sick  as well …” Macradon said, not really sure what to aim at that creature.

She chuckled humorously and lifted the pushed back the damp hair on her forehead as she looked down at Scarfy from the corner of her eye. "Yes, well, Scarfy is a real eye catcher. He's not too bad... most of the time, anyway," she said dryly, turning back to look at the almost never ending rain. 

"It's raining pret-ty hard, huh?" She sighed, looking down to massage her temples tiredly. "Say, you want to party up? Just to kind of get this water-dragon thing killed and out of the way for both of us?" She asked, mentally crossing her fingers. It wasn't really the rain that bothered her but the floor itself just felt pretty damn depressing. Like, come on, it was a bloody swamp. What do you want her to feel when she was going to be knee-deep in water that's almost as dull as her future? The only thing that was going to lift the very happy mood was [censored] popping out of the ground yelling, 'get out of mah swamp!'.

Yes, her life would be complete if she were to witness that. 

Chortling Macradon would add to the first comment on how the lizard thing wasn’t bad most of the time “Same could be said of Belphegor here, at least in the beginning. He was quite the beast to tame, and usually just went on by himself in cities trying to scare everyone to attain dominance, now he’s a bit more docile until I tell him too.”

Macradon would look up into the skies with his hand somewhat covering so he didn’t get too much water in his eyes “Aye, this floor really just is a big replica of the English south.” he said, making a jab at how bad the weather was in the Great British Main Isles. 

Listening to Kirb’s proposal Macradon nodded “Sounds like a good idea. The faster we take it out the less time it has to disrupt our damage output, teaming up would be ideal.” he replied. Macradon sighed at the weather as he slowly tread through the muddy and unstable waters of the swampy floor, walking his way towards the designated area where the monster would spawn.

Kirbs nodded her head as he let out a forced laugh. "That sounds rough. Scarfy here was a bit to handle at first," she said, smiling to herself softly. "After a few things together, I think we've both come to some kind mutual relationship. Something along those lines, anyway," she said almost sheepishly. She didn't really want to specify what kind of those 'things' happened, let's just leave it at that, really.

"I guess you're right," she mumbled, scratching her chin. Was he born somewhere around there? I mean, it wasn't a lie! She could vouch for it! What, she actually was born and raised there!

"Alrighty," she said, following after him through the dark water. Yuck. Did they really have to fight this dragon in the water?

"This is gross," she muttered, cringing as she felt the bottom of her boots hit the muddy bottom of the water. Kudos to whoever designed this quest! Sarcasm noted. 

Slogging through the muddy swampy waters, Macradon and Kirbs slowly got closer towards the spawn point of the big water dragon thingy. Looking over at Kirbs, Macradon would ask “Would you think you are capable of tanking a hit from the boss? If not, then I’d advice for you to engage after I have. I’ll have to stealth to optimize my Alpha Strike on the boss to finish the monster as fast as I possibly can. If you can tank a hit, attack while I’m trying to hide, if you can’t, wait for me to engage. Can you agree to this plan?” Macradon would ask, if Kirbs had a better plan he would listen and discuss possible battle strategies for this boss in particular. It was quite a tricky boss as Macradon remembered, it has come arc lightning and some paralyzing effects on players which could become a problem if the party made a mistake, all they could hope for was a good strategy that would go as planned.

She nodded hesitantly. "I think I can only take about one or two hits before..." she made a slit throat gesture and sighed. "I don't really want to go down in a swamp from some quest mob, too," she mumbled, wincing again as she stepped in some rather mushy mud. 

"Just go for it, though. I'm pretty sure you can at least two shot it, if not one shot it," she said, giving him a meek thumbs up. Maybe the monster would totally miss her. Who knew? Though, with this damn water, she was sure that it was going to be highly unlikely. God, why did she need to remind herself. 

Yuck, yuck, yuck. 

"Uhm, yeah. I'll just wait for it to come out and attack it. But you go do your thing and try to kill it, because I'm not even sure if I'll be able to even land anything," she mumbled, shrugging her shoulders.

“I’d rather have you safe than getting this monster down faster. If I grab all the hate from it, just try to support with as much damage as you can on the boss. If you don’t feel safe engaging right after I’ve engaged, you’re welcome to wait for it to have full focus on me.” Macradon said as he began treading in between the woods of the swampy area, it wasn’t much, but his darkened steel plates and bordeaux red scarf was enough to hold his presence hidden in the forest for most, but not all. While hidden away from plain sight, Macradon made his way up to the boss’s exact spawn point. It was like a lake, very shallow, but still deep enough for this monster to be able to swim around without being obstructed by the sediment of the lake. The monstrosity was large, but its buoyancy was more than enough to keep it floating in the nearly knee deep swampy lake. Preparing to attack, Macradon waited for an opportunity to draw his weapon and strike in a single motion.

ID: 122215
LD: 9+5=14 Stealth Rating

Edited by Macradon

"I think I'll be fine," she said, waving him away. "You go whatever you do. I'll do some damage, don't worry about it."

A petrifying roar rang through the swamp as Kirbs' familiar tightened around her arm. "Oh boy, here we go," she muttered, watching as the Wyvern rose up from the deep and dark blue water. "I'll be fine, right?"

That's what she thought before she got whacked to the ground. "Well [sugar honey iced tea]." She wheezed, scrambling back to her feet. Her eyes trailed over to her health bar-- er, what was left it of it anyway. "Frick, frick, frick," she mumbled, gulping. Jesus, that did more than half of her health. Maybe she should've listened to him after all? God, if she died, she was coming back to life and haunt this damn game and its creators. At least the thing wasn't concentrated on her at all. 

ID: 122216 [why]

BD: 1+3= 4

CD: 6, +4 EN

MD: 7

Kirbs: H: 0 | HP: 243/520 | EN: 52/52 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT 

Sea Wyvern: HP: 300/300 | 300 DMG

Macradon sighed, it didn’t seem like he was able to talk this girl out of danger, it was like she actually had a death wish, two hits wasn’t enough for Macradon to think she wasn’t just going to die from this fight. Macradon would shake his head at Kirb’s apparent bravery that would surely come to her end at some point, hopefully she would be able to survive long enough to realize that. In disbelief, Macradon observed as Kirbs went in by herself “Oh no” Macradon muttered as he saw the chaos unfold. Sighing once again, while the big wyvern attacked Kirbs, Macradon prepared and went in close and strike down with his sword while Belphegor helped him. “What the FØCK is wrong with you!” Macradon yelled at Kirbs while holding back the wyvern. “You had one job, and then you chose to expose yourself to the boss. What the heII!” Macradon grunted.

Spoiler

ID: 122219
LD: 17+5=23 Stealth Rating

ID: 22219
BD: 8+2
CD: 7, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer - 22x13 = 286 Damage to Sea Wyvern

Kirbs: H: 0 | HP: 243/520 | EN: 52/52 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT 
Macradon H:2 | HP:
1645/1645 | EN: 171/175 | 19 DMG | 2 ACC | 6 REC | 116 MIT (+6)(-10)

Sea Wyvern: HP: 14/300 | 300 DMG

Edited by Macradon

"Everything!" She yelled back as she dashed forward. Damn, did he do a lot of damage to that thing. She swung the blade of her spear down harshly on the wyvern. She let out a big sigh of relief as the dragon screeched in its place, dissipating into dozens of shards in the air only a few seconds later. She huffed as she nearly stumbled arse first into the knee deep water. 

She turned her head back to Macradon and gave him a rare smile, probably due to her giant arse adrenaline rush she just had. "See? I'm all good. Nothing to worry about," she said, lowering her spear as she felt Scarfy slither back up her arm and to his 'resting place'. Her crimson eyes flickered over to her yellow health bar. Wow wee-- she took a whole hell lot of damage. One more hit from that thing and she would've been dead.

ID: 122227

BD: 10, +2 DMG

12+2=14x3= 42 

Kirbs: H: 0 | HP: 243/520 | EN: 50/52 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT 
Macradon H:2 | HP: 
1645/1645 | EN: 171/175 | 19 DMG | 2 ACC | 6 REC | 116 MIT

Sea Wyvern: HP0/300 | 300 DMG

Macradon would grumble at Kirbs’s reply, he sheathed his sword and held up a hand to his head, palming his face in disbelief of this player. “How come you aren’t dead yet …” Macradon mumbled at the girl. Macradon walked over to Kirbs right after she had dealt the final blow to the wyvern and grabbed her by the shoulders, looking her straight into her eyes “Did you know how afraid you just made me? How much anxiety went over me? How much guilt I was about to feel put onto my shoulders?!” Macradon said, yelling at Kirbs, not with an angry expression, but a scared one. “Please don’t do this kind of reckless stuff, I can’t handle it anymore.” Macradon said “I can’t let someone die in front of me again.” he mumbled as he turned away from Kirbs, trembling in fear of the memories. Sniffing a few times, Macradon walked away from the girl and dried out some of his tears with his hand as he tried to compose himself. Taking in a deep breath, Macradon would turn towards Kirbs again and exhale deeply “Can I at least have the Lightning Rod then?” Macradon asked, requesting the boss last hit drop.

"I ask myself the same questions sometimes, too," she mumbled back. 

Kirbs was about to snap back right at him, but decided more against it. "Alright," she muttered, casting her eyes back at the watery surface. 

"I can't let somebody die in front of me again."

Well damn, that hit her hard. Screw you too, emotions! She wouldn't know what she would do if someone had died in front of her. Now that sparked up a mental debate. Would she prefer someone dying in front of her or behind her back-- well, first, she wouldn't want anyone dying in general, but she would much rather have someone die in front of, honestly. It was a terrible feeling not being there when someone died. 

"Oh, yeah. You can have it. I don't need it, I just did this quest for the experience," she mumbled blankly as she sent the item over to him. 

Taking the item, Macradon would place it in his inventory “I’m preparing for a meetup with a few people, and I will probably be in need of this when I get there.” Macradon said and glanced at his vambrace on his left arm. His entire suit of armor was dark metallic grey, while his vambrace on his left arm was black and gold, it stood out, but it was like a design choice. What people didn’t know, the scratches on the side of the vambrace was not just some cool scribbles, it was the amount of people Macradon have had to kill. It was chilling, but they wouldn’t be the last. With that now out of his mind, Macradon let out a sigh of relief “The experience is quite nice from this quest … but I’d suggest you level up and Do. Research. before going after bosses like these, they’re dangerous and can do a lot of harm as you must’ve experienced. Better safe than sorry.” Macradon said and tightened his vambrace.

"Yeah, you have fun with that or whatever," she mumbled. Her lip curled as her feet sloshed around in the blue knee-deep water. 

"Alright," she sniffed, a small emitting from her as she dug her hands into her pockets. Personal health as probably the last thing she cared about at the moment, but y'know, yolo. 

"Well, I don't know about you," she started, scratching her nose, "but I kind of don't like having a fourth of my body submerged in water I can't even see, so I'm heading back to town or whatever." She started to walk away-- er, at least, try to, anyway. "Gross, gross," she exclaimed under her breath as she started sloshing all the way back to town. 

Well, she wasn't sure if she could call the day 'eventful', but at least it was better than being cooped up in her shop for a whole day sulking.

Macradon shrugged “I don't know … I like the cool feeling of my legs slowly losing its heat in the water. Reminds me that I’m still alive, that I still feel alive at the least.” Macradon said and stayed in the water for a while longer. “I floor’s pretty bad, but maybe I can find a hidden gem somewhere on here, just like Mack once did. Whadya say, buddy?” Macradon asked his cerberus. The hellhound wasn’t too fond of the water since it didn’t really go well with his flames, but since his master was eager enough to continue a search on this floor, the cerberus was as well. “Maybe we’ll see each other some time!” Macradon said as he walked in the opposite direction from Kirbs and held up a hand to wave goodbye. It was quite the … encounter … Macradon had today, Kirbs didn’t really strike him as the suicidal type to be with ... but they do say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

"Yeah," she muttered, "maybe."

She wasn't really sure if she would really want to see him again, but with her luck, she's bound to probably run into him anyway. Who knows, maybe when she gets all the way to the front lines, she would see him.

But that begs the question; does she even want to join the front lines anymore? I mean, she used to, but what about now? She wanted to get stronger, yeah, but what was she get stronger for? Revenge? Power? The redhead shook her head. She didn't even know what she wanted anymore. She sighed and shook her head again. She needed someone to tell her what to do, because she was so bloody lost now. She didn't know what to think and she didn't know what to do. She felt like such a husk of a person now. Who even was she anymore?

She didn't know.