[SP-F1] To Become an Artisan <<Earning a Living>>(Artisan)

Dazia was ready to continue on with her crafting. She took the salvaged material, and began her next attempt to make something useful. She made sure to work carefully, keeping all of Malachi's tips, hints, and the like in mind. Eventually, she managed to create something that could be of use. Finally, she had made something that works. "It's about damn time I made something useful." Malachi came over to see what she had managed to create. "Ah, yes. Fine work indeed. Remember that you cannot become a master overnight, though. I believe you are ready. Of course, I'm still about to be behind schedule, so if you'd like some more practice, I could use some help. I've got a few trinkets that need to be made. Even a beginner like yourself can make them, so it shouldn't be too much for you." Dazia saw a use for this opportunity. "What the hell, I've got nothing better to do at the moment, anyway."

ID# 121168 CD: 11(Crafted Rare T1 Trinket)

Materials remaining: 1

+Corvid's Eye(Accuracy, Evasion)

(I admit, I placed the incorrect item type in the dice roller. What I made was a trinket, but the dice roller will claim I was making Jewelry, which was the first thing on my mind when I began crafting)

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be some time before Dazia was ready to leave the shop, finished with her part. Malachi looked at her latest work, and nodded his head with satisfaction. "Ah, yes, thank you! I'm on schedule again, thanks to you! You are ready to be considered an Artisan yourself!" Dazia was allowed to keep the first successful item she had made. She would bid Malachi farewell, and walk over to the door so she could leave. When she opened the door, there was someone about to knock. An NPC, by the looks of it. Dazia stepped back. "Ah, so Malachi has another apprentice?" Dazia blinked, a bit confused. "Had. He had another apprentice. I came to learn to be an artisan, and I helped him get back on schedule in the process." Dazia stepped back further, since it appeared like he was to come inside. Once he stepped in, Malachi came over to the door. "Where have you been? I've been low on supplies for the past three days! I am a busy man, and I was almost behind schedule!" Ah, so the visitor was a merchant.

The merchant stepped back about one or two steps. "Hey now, don't get all hasty. The ores keep getting mined by blacksmiths, and it's not easy to find gemstones as much anymore either. I'm tellin' ya, materials are getting scarce these days..." Dazia looked to the merchant. "Ill admit, I handled a part of that issue, in terms of one general area, that is..." The merchant looked over to Dazia. "You have? Handled it, ya say. What was it, how'd you deal with it?" The merchant asked. "Just a pesky little nuisance taking and hoarding everything, most likely contributing to the scarcity. Let's just say I...did him some justice, and taught him a lesson." Dazia answered, as she tapped her hand on the hilt of her rapier. "I couldn't find his hoard, but if you go to where I found him, you may find plenty of gemstones for Malachi." Dazia would pull out a physical map from her inventory(using her own digital map as a reference), in order to show the merchant where the potential materials might be.

"Well, no wonder it took you some time to return." Malachi noted. "Just where do all these thieves come from, eh? It's like I never even see 'em!" The merchant asked. "While I know little of where they came from, I do know that they're out there, and one got in the way of some very important business." Dazia noted. "And important business it was. That fool almost got me behind schedule! Speaking of my work, I would like to have some of those materials now. Oh, and since she helped me remain on schedule once she learned the basics of our craftsmanship, you wouldn't mind sparing five extra materials for her, would you?" Malachi responded, and asked. "Oh, sure, of course I can. I've learned to always come with a surplus of materials, with that oh-so-busy schedule of yours, and all those one-day apprentices you keep taking in, too."

Dazia would receive the materials from the merchant, and Malachi would bid Dazia farewell.  "Farewell, and thank you again for your help. I do hope that scoundrel learned his lesson. Surely, he will not do such a thing again, I hope..." "Oh, don't worry, Malachi...he won't bother you or your work again..." Dazia did what she could to keep it vague enough for Malachi to believe she dueled Aldinago in a half-loss fight, when the truth was that she killed Aldinago. She returned to the town gate, where two players were sitting down, waiting for her. "Took you some time, didn't it?" Valna would guess. "What took you so long? It's been hours! ...On the other hand, I wasn't bored. Valna told me a lot about you! I didn't know you were the youngest!" Dazia glared at Valna, who simply smirked in response. Dazia would keep her eyes peeled for anything that any player may have missed. Something was odd about some of the grass right outside the safe zone. Dazia began to walk over to it. "This doesn't look like the rest..." She managed to figure out it was a square of sod, not properly placed back into the ground. With some help from Yinangi, Dazia lifted the sod out, and unearthed a chest. 

ID# 121724 LD: 19+2=21(Found a chest)

Edited by Dazia

"I was wondering when you were going to notice that." Valna noted. Yinangi was eager to see what was in the chest. "Can I see? Come on, can I see?" Dazia held a hand up to Yinangi. "Back up, it's too early to say there's treasure inside." Dazia slowly reached for the chest itself, and she then heard a voice. "What are you doing!? You're gonna wake it up!" From what the nearby player just said, Dazia confirmed that this "chest" was purposefully placed here, and the sod was to keep it from moving. The "chest" opened it's eye, and Dazia jumped back. "Yinangi, get back, it's a mimic!" Dazia drew her blade just in time for the creature to leap at her. While she wasn't able to deflect its attack, she would surely be able to fight back. Valna pulled Yinangi back, away from the mimic, and then she noticed some other creatures approaching. "Oh, great. Just what we need. The occasional Dire Boars have come for a visit. Yinangi, let's leave the mimic to Dazia until something else goes wrong. For now, we should deal with these pigs here."

ID# 121742 LD: 3(Mimic spawned)

(SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

ID# 121743 MD: 8-1=7(Hit)

Dazia: HP 244/260EN 26/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 130/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Yinangi nodded in agreement, and they teamed up with the player who tried to warn Dazia, ready to fight the apparently large boars that had shown up. The nearby newbie players fled back into the safe zone, hoping to avoid both the mimic and the boars. Other than that, there was now just Dazia and this mimic. Dazia made an attempt to strike the mimic, but from what she noticed, the mimic expected Dazia's first tactics. She looked over to the other player, the one who warned her, and as it turned out, she was using a rapier. This mimic had already had some experience fighting a rapier user, who was clearly trying to subdue it and trap it. This put Dazia at a minor disadvantage. "Damn, this one can learn..." She woulf find herself attacked by the mimic again, and Dazia would have to use a different approach towards attacking this creature without it anticipating her moves.

ID# 121745 BD: 4+1=5(Miss), MD: 8-1=7(Hit)

Dazia: HP 228/260EN 24/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 130/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

This mimic would prove to be more troublesome than expected, for once again, Dazia prepared her attack, and the mimic would dodge it, as if it had seen this before. Dazia would prepare herself to dodge and deflect the mimic's attacks, and she successfully did so, the mimic couldn't leave a scratch on her this time around. While the fight between Dazia and the mimic was going on, Yinangi, Valna, and that one other player fought against the dire boars that had arrived. Valna was cutting through them easily, while Yinangi and the other had fairly normal difficulties battling them. "Some of these have some mitigation, I'll have to handle those, being the strongest. I can deal enough damage to cut them down." Yinangi and the other player nodded in agreement, then returned to the boars they were fighting. Dazia saw this as she was blocking the mimic's attack. She turned her head back to the fight, a new combat approach in mind.

ID# 121746 BD: 3+1=4(Miss), MD: 6-1=5(Miss)

Dazia: HP 228/260EN 22/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 130/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Dazia waited for the right opportunity to strike. The mimic would lunge at her, and she would sidestep to dodge, proceeding to attack the mimic from behind afterward. She smirked, knowing her plan worked. The mimic turned around and snarled, aggravated that Dazia managed to pull a fast one on it. "You didn't think I would do the same thing over and over, did you? I'll use every last trick in the book to deal with you." Based on the damage she had dealt, she was definitely capable of taking this mimic down. Yinangi looked to Valna and asked, "Hey, how can we tell which ones have more mitigation?" That was actually a good question for Yinangi to ask. "I'd say the ones with the scars, they seem more battle-ridden." Valna would strike at one of the scarred Dire Boars, and she would be proven to be correct, for her attack dealt less damage to it than the other dire boars.

ID# 121748 BD: 9+1=10(Critical, +1 base DMG), MD: 4-1=3(miss)

Crucifixion: 7x6=42 Damage to mimic

Dazia: HP 228/260EN 16/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 88/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Dazia would keep her eyes on the mimic as she thought carefully on what to do next. "I'll need to try something it won't expect. If I switch my combative approach again, it won't be able to predict the attacks that I attempt, which should be able to give me an advantage. Even if it is the same sword art over and over, the approach can make a difference." Dazia rushed for the mimic, then jumped to the side, knowing the mimic might lunge when Dazia got close enough. The mimic fell for it. The mimic would lunge, but strike nothing, and Dazia would attack from behind, using the Sword Art known as Crucifixion. The player who was fighting alongside Yinangi and Valna saw how Dazia was handling the situation, then turned back to the Dire Boars that remained, feeling a sense of reassurance over the fact that Dazia had the damage and defenses to handle the creature.

ID# 121749 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG), MD: 2-1=1(Miss)

Crucifixion: 8x6=48

Dazia: HP 228/260EN 10/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 40/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

The mimic snarled with rage, having fallen for one of Dazia's tricks yet again. Dazia smirked, knowing her current strategy was working. She would now keep herself in constant movement, jumping from side to side, forward and backward, all to keep the mimic guessing as to where to try striking. The mimic would simply snarl at this point, unwilling to attack until Dazia had attempted so. Dazia shrugged, and attacked it with all due haste, proceeding to sidestep immediately after, causing the mimic to miss yet again. The mimic jumped up and down as it snarled with fury. It had obviously been royally pissed off. Dazia chuckled, knowing that it's HP was now in the red, and victory was assured. Even a simple attack could finish it off by now. "I saw this victory coming. You never stood a chance! You can't get through my defenses well enough to defeat me, and I have proven myself to outsmart you, even though you had learned some on how to fight rapier wielders like myself!"

ID# 121750 BD: 6+1=7(Hit), MD: 3-1=2(Miss)

Crucifixion: 6x6=36

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 4/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

The mimic snarled again, and rushed for Dazia. She simply sidestepped and swung her blade, slashing the inside of the mimic, and the mimic would crash into the ground and shatter. The loot menu would appear, showing Dazia what she received from the mimic. Dazia looked at it, actually disappointed in what she received. She was hoping to find some materials within the loot. Apparently not. She was going to need plenty of materials in order to keep crafting on a basis. She didn't consider it a good idea to always rely on a merchant or scout for the materials, as there was often a heavy price to pay...maybe she would exchange the col from the mimic for materials of equal value in terms of quantity. She looked over to the side, where the other players had finished their fight. "Well, that's all taken care of, now. The mimic is dead, and so are the Dire boars that showed up. I honestly haven't seen them come up to the gate like this..."

ID# 121751 BD: 9+1=10(Critical, +1 DMG), MD: 3-1=2(miss)

ID# 121752 CD: 6, LD: 8+2=10(Looted 1040 col and <<Unidentified Rare T1 Trinket>>)

(...Mats, I needed MATS.)

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 0/130, 39 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Valna chuckled. "They rarely do. Keeps things simple, and these Dire Boars can't actually do as much as one would think they could. My theory is that they began showing up when the stronger players began sticking around the lower floors from time to time. Therefore, I'd say the Cardinal is to blame for these things spawning, and heading over to where the players gather." Valna had a point, but who was to say it was actually true? Dazia would keep her eyes open for any materials that an artisan could use as the conversation continued, but it currently seemed that there was nothing in sight. Yinangi had a question for Valna. "Why would Cardinal do that? Aren't monsters supposed to have boundaries most of the time? I've never seen a monster as strong as one on floor 8 during any walk along this floor." Valna would give but a simple answer. "Mimics, mitigation, events and bosses. those are the kinds of things that tend to ignore the common boundaries. The dire boars were within such boundaries, they were simply tougher to kill because of mitigation."

ID# 122343 LD: 5+2=7(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

"Hiraani's right, Yinangi. Monsters can have mitigation on any floor. The amounts of mitigation seem to differ, though." Dazia spotted a single gemstone, and she added it to her inventory. The rapier user walked up to Dazia. "Hey, um, thanks for handling the mimic back there. I'm only level nine, so I had to trap that thing when it proved to be too strong. I didn't know what you could do, so...sorry how I freaked out earlier." It wasn't like Dazia cared that she freaked out at all. "No worries, besides, you kind of got the other weaker players attention, allowing them to see the dire boars coming." The player appeared to look reassured by Dazia's words. Valna returned her weapon to her inventory, and looked over to the player. "Either way, you fought well on your part. Didn't exactly catch your name. Mine's Valna, by the way." The player looked over to Valna. "Kyei'ri. My name is Kyei'ri."

ID# 122344 LD: 20+2=22(Found 1 T1 Material)

Edited by Dazia

"Ah, well, nice to meet you, Kyei'ri. Whenever I'm not fighting, I'm an informant and scout. Anything you need intel on? I can gather that for you." The player's eyes lit up slightly. "Do...do you...know anything about, um...a player named Valan'Dûn?" Both Dazia and Valna had widened eyes. "What?" Both asked in unison. "Oh, ah...Valan'Dûn. W-wait...have you...have you both...?" "Yes. We've had encounters with him." Dazia answered. She would look down and notice another gemstone. She picked it up and placed it into her inventory. "How the hell do these gemstones happen to be found everywhere? How would they even spawn around?" She thought. Valna would speak to Kyei'ri, looking concerned. "So, am I right to assume you've met him?" Kyei'ri nodded. "I've been looking for him for quite some time now." She admitted. Yinangi, being the only one to have not encountered this player, asked, "Um...who is this Valan'Dûn?"

ID# 122359 LD: 20+2=22(Success, found one T1 material)

Edited by Dazia

Kyei'ri would explain the answer to Yinangi. "He's...um... So, in short, he is someone I knew. We used to be friends, but then there was that day... He was on very good terms with my sister, and we'd accepted him into our guild, which had previously been made up of only five girls before he joined. Then one day, we were traveling on the eighth floor while our leader was out on important business. We were set upon by orange players, about three of them, accompanied by one green player. The green player was their healer, and as we fought them, their healer kept them in the fight...they managed to kill my sister, and then one of the orange players tried to kidnap Alna. Valan'Dûn reacted, striking the almost kidnapper with considerable force, then he attacked their healer, placing an infraction on his cursor." As Kyei'ri told this tale, Dazia would listen, as well as keep her eyes open for any materials. Nothing in sight, so Dazia continued to listen instead.

ID# 122360 LD: 4+2=6(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Kyei'ri's story continued. "He proceeded to kill the healer, an action that was against the guild's rules. We don't kill green players. The battle continued, and in the end, all but one of the orange players, and the rest of us, were alive. Alna and Xaela had managed to subdue him. They then proceeded to try having Valan'Dûn captured as well, and reported to our leader, Akknai. They had him dismissed from the guild, and I'll admit, I kind of yelled at him for his actions, too. I was also mad because he couldn't save my sister. We took the captured orange player away, and left him there in the forest, looking like he'd regretted everything. After about a week, though, I realized that if Valan'Dûn hadn't killed the healer, we would have lost the battle, and we would all have either been dead or captured..." The story continued, and Dazia kept glancing around as she listened, hoping to find more materials. Nothing around. Dazia continued to listen.

ID# 122361 LD: 10+2=12(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Kyei'ri's story still continued. This was a longer backstory than Dazia had anticipated. "I realized he was doing what was necessary for him to protect us...and he only realized it upon the first casualty, my sister...his sudden rage was justified, and we berated him for it. I wanted to find him, to tell him I was sorry...but he practically disappeared, despite his name not being crossed off of the monument of life." Dazia looked around her, and saw the sparkle of a gemstone. She continued to listen carefully as Kyei'ri's story continued while collecting the material. "Last I heard, he quickly made his way to the second tier, but rumors say he always tried to steer clear of every trace of what might remind him of what happened, according to one informant..." Valna blinked several times. "Um...ok, that was way more than I anticipated. All I know is that I got him out of a tight spot, and he owed me a favor."

ID# 122362 LD: 13+2=15(success, found 1 T1 material)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia looked over to Yinangi, who had tears in her eyes, about to cry. "Th-...that's..." The story must have triggered the moment when orange players had orphaned her by killing her mother. "I can't believe you both had to go through that... I... *sniff* Waaaaaaaahh!!!" Valna came over to Yinangi, hoping to comfort her. "U-u-um, there, there, I uh...It'll all be better soon..." Dazia completely abandoned finding materials as she tried to connect this to Valan'Dûn and her recent encounters with him. He'd try and steer clear of her, as well as Valna, apparently... Dazia would connect the dots, and come to a ridiculous conclusion. "Traumatic experience...steering clear of girls, used to be in an...all-girls-guild. Oh, good lord, you turned him into a Gynophobe!" Kyei'ri almost didn't hear Dazia's words, for she almost forgot that such stories weren't best heard by children...and was looking remorseful over Yinangi's crying, with tears starting to form in her eyes herself.

ID# 122363 LD: 9+2=11(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Kyei'ri couldn't help but try to comfort Yinangi, crying as she did so, from both recalling the memory, and seeing this young girl's reaction to it. Dazia wasn't comfortable with the situation. "Yeah, sure, go ahead, we can all cuddle up and cry a new river for this floor, right beside the starter city." She thought. Aloud, she would say, "Well then, maybe we should turn in for the night, then we can start a search for Valan'Dûn tomorrow, ok? I can always set up shop another day." She was willing to put aside the shop priority because she didn't want to see her young friend crying like this. Yinangi nodded, tears still in her eyes, and Kyei'ri and Valna also looked to be on board with the idea. "This is bound to be one hell of a monkey wrench to my plans, but it gives me more time to stock up on materials, so it can't be all that bad..."

ID# 122364 LD: 11+2=13(nothing found)

Summary:

Dazia receives 4 SP(3 from 3 pages completed, 1 from quest), Corvid's Eye(crafted in thread), 9 T1 Mats(4 from mats gathered, 5 from quest), 2240 col(3 pages completed, loot from mimic), and 1 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Trinket>>.

Dazia is now an Artisan.

An Orange NPC Player named <<Aldinago>> has been player-killed by Dazia

Edited by Dazia