[PP/F5] A Very Dapper Camping Trip <<The Traveller>>

Spoiler

<<The Traveler>>

Desert wallpaper

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is repeatable

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 20 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. Due to the sandstorm, all Out of combat healing has been reduced to zero. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The cargo must be found
- Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Rewards:

1. Survival
    Cost: 3 SP
    Passive
    Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
    Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
  2. 1 Skill Point

Parties or Groups are encouraged and all party members participating can earn the skill. Health recovery items recommended.

Recommended Level: 10

@Bahr @Dagger

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 35

HP:  730/730 | EN:  70/70 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 56 | HATE +2 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Humphrey: 60 HP - 5 rounds

Relaxed | Clean

EQUIPPED:

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Forearm Axe

BATTLE READY:

Luck Stone

SKILLS: 

Survival

Dapper and Arms Inc had just defeated the Butcher of the Sands in its arena and the trio were walking away victorious. As the group entered the open shifting sands of the desert talk naturally shifted to what their next quest ought to be. Several ideas were thrown out but the one the group seemed to settle on was heading back to the main town to start "The Traveller". "So once we get to the main town we need to keep an eye out for a lady dressed all in rags. She's your quest starter. Supposedly she left a super valuable load of cargo out in the desert and we need to fare the rough terrain and find it. Then we bring it back to her and for surviving the rough inclement weather of the open desert the Survival Skill will unlock for you both. Sound good guys?" The large man asked as he glanced from Dagger to Bahr and back again.

Edited by Alec

When arriving towards the main settlement the beating and killing sun that was laying down upon the trio had gotten towards the merchant as he now undoes the tie and stores it into his inventory and puts away his gloves as well and takes out a handkerchief and dabs at his forehead and face to rid of the sweat that the game still has him have. Well then today has been absolutely miserable, but if i must endure more to make this more a pleasant floor while being on this floor, and the more hotter ones like that of the volcanic or snow floor i guess i must endure a bit more. He says in a lamenting tone of voice at his fate of being forced to endure more of the desert heat as he now has to do the next part which is travel with the duo and find the old lady in question and then make their way into the desert and then out. 'Hopefully that'll go as smoothly as one would figure.' He thinks to himself as he just nods towards Alec and finds the NPC in question. Well then a spot of luck.

Spoiler
  • LEVEL: 32
  • HP: 640 / ENERGY: 64
  • EVA: 3 / MIT: 48 / ACC: 3 / DMG: 15

HOME BUFFS
    » RESTED
          -1 EN FOR THE FIRST TWO TURNS OF COMBAT
    » RELAXED
          +10 TO OUT OF COMBAT HP REGENERATION
          FULL ENERGY REGENERATION AFTER TWO POSTS OUT OF COMBAT
  •  
  • SKILLS
  • EXTRA SKILLS
    » DISGUISE

FREE ACTION
          +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN
               COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS

WEAPON SKILLS
    » TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD R5
          +7 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
    » LIGHT ARMOR R3

+12 MIT 

MODS
    » LIGHT ARMOR MOD: ATHLETICS

+1 DMG

SWORD ARTS
    » [X2 AOE] BLAST

2 ENERGY +2 PER TARGET HIT CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X2] STRAIGHT

2 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X3] SCOOPED

3 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X4 STUN] LIGHTNING

7 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X4] CYCLONE

4 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X5] BACK RUSH

5 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X6 STUN] FIGHT BLADE

9 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X7] ASTRAL HELL

7 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X8 AOE STUN] TEMPEST

8 ENERGY +2 PER TARGET HIT CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X12] CALAMITOUS TRAGEDY

12 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X13] GALAXY DESTROYER

13 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X12 AOE] CALAMITY DISASTER

13 ENERGY +2 PER TARGET HIT CONSUMED ON USE

INVENTORY
ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] "COAT OF THE BLOODEDGE" - LIGHT ARMOR (T1 - PERFECT)
      +3 EVA
» [EQUIPPED] "HERO'S HAKAMA" - LIGHT ARMOR
 (T2 - PERFECT)
      +36 MIT
      RECOVERY 1

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "SCARECROW'S SICKLE" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (T2 - DEMONIC)
     ➥ +6 DMG
     ➥ BLEED

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R3
     ➥ +3 ACC

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (3)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP
» T1 THE WORLD'S MOST ELUSIVE HOT DOG (1)
     ➥ +2 EVA

"Sure, I'll take all of the skills I can get," Bahr mused before stopping and patting his chin thoughtfully. "But, uh, what does Survivalist do, exactly? Is that the one that makes it so you can go basically anywhere unaffected by weather?" Bahr attempted to rub some of the sand away from his sweaty brow with his glove, inadvertently leaving more sand behind than what was there originally. He peered up at the virtual sun, squinting as he held up his hand to shade his eyes from it. The sweltering heat had forced open his every pore and sweat poured into and saturated his clothing. It was pitiful and miserable. "Sure would be nice right about now..."

"Strange award for a quest like that, though. What, are we headed straight into a sandstorm?"
 He delivered the inquiry in jest, but the smirk on his face quickly dissolved into a neutral frown as he gazed upon the visage of his companions. Based on their expressions, it looked like they may have to do exactly that. "Aww man..."

"You fellahs guessed it." The large man said with a sad grin. "It's gonna be hot, it's gonna be windy and it's gonna be miserable. We'll have to spend a whole day and a night travelling to find her cargo then we'll head back here to complete the quest. But yeah prepare to embrace the suck, as an old buddy of mine who was in the Army used to say." The large man offered with a grin. "But yes if you activate the Survival Skill you out of combat healing will boost drastically and you'll become immune to any and all environmental hazards you may encounter. So this trip is going to blow so that later life will be easier." The large man offered with a smile and a chuckle as he glanced between the pair of his uncomfortable friends. "But hey! Once you've unlocked it you too can be as cool and dry under any and all environmental and stressful situations as yours truly here." The large man offered with a wide smile and slow turn as if modeling something unseen.

@Bahr @Hestia (Dagger)

Edited by Alec
  • 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the worst kind of camping trip i could ever ask for with that kind of talk alec. But as you said at the very minimum the pain that i experience now will counteract the misery that would be later floors, so lets travel my friends for their is a easier life that is calling towards myself and us all. he says with a nod of his head as he makes his way out of the town activating the quest from having already talked to the old woman and as soon as he steps foot out of the town a sand storm kicks up as a whirling wind of sand comes towards the three players as he can only tip his hat downwards to cover his eyes. The green cloaked man at least in appearance wise fitting the weather that he is being forced to endure through as he gazes forward not going to stop from a ltitle wind and sand trying to hurt him or knock him off his feet. However, the fact remains that this is going ot be a miserable experience and one with which he is glad to have companions to make it better.

#123805 CD12

Edited by Dagger

"Guess it can't be too bad. I'm willing to endure the heat and a little sand if it means that stuff won't bug me as much in the future. I'm sold," he said with a grin, slapping an open palm against Alec's back before continuing. "I'd let this big guy lead the way, though. Given that he's already got the super sweet buff and all."

Really, Bahr was just clueless on where to go. The heat was making him delirious. He couldn't show that or admit it to his companions, though. If he could tough it out just a little bit longer, he'd have the key to his salvation anyways. So he waited patiently, doing everything in his power to keep his weary legs from giving out underneath him or passing out in total. 

What was it with this virtual heat, anyways? Were deserts in the real world this hot? He felt like he was standing next to a 900 horsepower engine ramping up at tens of thousands of rotations per minute in blistering one hundred degree weather. Surely, real deserts couldn't actually be this hot. Could they?

Spoiler

ID: 124078
CD: 8

Alec nodded to his two companions and set off into the open desert leading the way for his two companions. The heat continued to steadily increase the further the party travelled into the open desert. With each step the group took the wind notched itself higher and higher. It was like behind a fighter jets thruster if you then upended endless buckets of sand as well. The tiny flecks of sand dug into the skin of the trio as the progressed. The large man glanced behind himself at his two companions and instantly felt pain in his heart for their misery. Alec thought back and remembered his own discomfort on this quest but it was ten times worse watching someone else suffer versus watching others suffer while you felt no discomfort at all. Alec just gritted his teeth and raised his voice over the howl of the wind. "I'M REALLY SORRY GUYS! I KNOW THIS SUCKS BUT TRY AND REMEMBER ITS ONLY TEMPORARY! AND AFTER THIS LIFE'LL BE EASIER!" The large man bellowed over the howling blasting wind trying to bolster his comrades spirits.

Dagger can only grimace as the wind blasts into his form as he just toughs through the annoyance of such a thing keeps his hat upon his head and being thankful for his cloak to being able to provide some very much needed protection against the difficult terrain that they are making their way through. From the beating sun trying to make them pass out, dehydrate, and die alongside the blasting winds of sand trying to cut into them like daggers making this a rather unpleasant trip. Glancing towards the bigger man among the trio and most definitely what some might confuse for as the muscle of the group just traversing the desert with seeming ease and very little trouble all the while. The business man just nods his head grimly knowing the circumstances of what this quest is since in the end the reward justifies the travel the entire way through.

Just hang in there it's only a simple travel through a sandstorm. It can't be that terrifying when compared to blizzards or literal lava all around oneself. This is just a precursor of what would be to come on floor four and floor nine. We can tough through this. He says trying to shout over the howling winds trying to knock the players off  their feet as the sun that is filtering through the sand particles shines upon each of the three men.

#123882 CD:7

@Bahr(edit a roll into your last post as well)
@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Bahr merely stood amongst the turbine of whirling wind, pretending it didn't bother him as the coarse sand shredded its way over his skin and buried itself into his pores. Miraculously, he hadn't lost any HP yet. This seemed strange to him, as he had experienced successful mob attacks that didn't feel as unpleasant as this.

"Yeah, this is no problem!" he lied, offering the others a toothy grin. Wrong move. Immediately, he would find that sand had lodged itself between his teeth and into his mouth. It ended up everywhere in there; under the tongue, stuck to the roof of his mouth, and between his lips and gums. A singular tear rolled down his cheek as he maintained the smile, spitting a wad of saliva-coated sand out of his mouth.

Miserable. Absolutely miserable. But he would brave it with a smile on his face and the wind to his back. Wait, now it was against his front. Then it was going sideways. Was it actually going upward now? This desert made no sense.

Spoiler

ID: 124079
CD: 9

Alec smiled a knowing smile with a blunt of sadness in his eyes for his friends as he remembered just how miserable this quest was. The large man cringed as he watched Bahr open his mouth to speak, bad move he thought as he watched the other man end up with a face and mouthful of sand. "Bad choice my friend." Alec offered with a sad smile. "This quest will hose you any chance it can." Alec offered. "It will intentionally make itself as miserable as it possibly can. Try not to give it any chances." Alec offered with sympathy in his voice. "We only have to make it through the rest of the day and tonight then we can find the old lady's cargo and get it back to her and end this misery." Alec said as his heart was torn out watching his friends suffer while he felt no discomfort from the sand or the heat or the wind. It was as if the elements simply shifted around so as to not cause the large man any discomfort. The entire scenario made Alec feel even worse as he looked at what was happening.

Braving through the sandstorm for the duration of their travel he keep his hat pointed downward to try and stop any sand from getting into his hat as he just toughs through this keeping his mouth shut as tightly as possible while hoping that night time approaches sooner rather then later for himself since it will mean they reached the halfway point of their journey out towards getting the cargo and then finally being able to rest and just enjoy the night that comes with it. Well enjoy is a strong word be able to brave through it to make a true rest the following day all the more enjoyable. Gazing towards his companion he can only offer a small smile of thanks towards the duo of them to help make this trip at least a bit more tolerable then what it would have been otherwise if he had done it himself. So Alec what is the weather looking like! He calls over towards the other man hoping to hear that it is at least calming down slightly.

CD:4 no damage

@Alec
@Bahr

Edited by Dagger

An entire day and night!? Holy cow. Bahr couldn't have ever imagined that they would have had to endure something like this for so long. He had, for some reason, gotten it into his head that, since Alec had taken this quest already, that he would know where to find the cargo and it would be a quick in and out. No such luck. Maybe it would still be worth asking about, though.

"Alec, do you think that we could get the quest done a little sooner if we just went to here you found the cargo the first time? You've got to know the general direction, at least, right?" There was an almost pleading tone to his voice as he leveled the inquiry at the larger man, voice a little louder to be made audible over the harsh grinding of the sand against virtually every surface in the nearby vicinity.

Spoiler

ID: 124343
CD: 12

Alec heard the tone in his friends voice and it pulled even further on his heart strings. "I'm headed there right now Bahr. I'm taking the same path i took last time." The large man said said as he raised his voice over the howl of the wind. "It doesn't seem to matter what direction you go. The quest seems to have a timer or something. A day travelling a night try to sleep through this horrible weather then in the morning you find the supplies. I wish I could make it go faster but it doesn't seem like that's a possibility at all my friend." The large heavily muscled man offered with sympathy in his voice for both his friends misery and suffering as he continued to lead the troupe of miserable travellers through the heat blasted sands of the open desert felling not even the faintest twinge of discomfort that both his friends were struggling through.