[F07 - SP] The Second Night <<Arabian Nights>>

"This is the part where you die. You ready?" The panicked thieves shook their heads in the negative. "Too bad."

Splick!

After the thieves had been dispatched, it didn't take long for Bahr to make his way back to the tavern from whence he had originally come. Ali was still there, drinking away his troubles at the bar. Bahr approached, tossing the Manticore mask on the table in front of the man, jolting him out of whatever frame of mind he had been in before. He looked at Bahr, then down to the mask, then back to Bahr. There was disbelief in his eyes. 

"So... the stories were true..." the man said with feigned ignorance, trying his best to play it off as though he hadn't truly believe in the creature's authenticity. 

"Yep. It was real. Pretty tough, too," Bahr responded, gesturing for the barkeep to bring a drink over to him. The barkeep obliged, and Bahr was sipping frothy cold bitterness within moments.

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 394/680 | EN: 12+3-12=3/66 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 1
CD: 11 (2 extra energy recovered this turn)

Bahr used [x8 AoE Stun] Tempest-8 EN 

Senior Thief 4: HP: 49-77-0/186 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 2 | SVY: 2 | BLD: 2 | ID: 122729 | BD: 5+3=8, Hit for 15x8=120-43=77 DMG | -2 EN
Senior Thief 5: HP: 49-77=0/186 | DMG: 9 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 2 | SVY: 2 | BLD: 2 | ID: 122730 | BD: 8+3=11, Hit for 15x8=120-43=77 DMG | -2 EN
-12 ENERGY TOTAL

"I can't believe it," Ali remarked, continuing the charade. Bahr simply rolled his eyes.

"Let's not be coy about this, Ali. You knew the Manticore would be there. You knew how powerful it was. But you sent me anyway, and here I am, with loot to show for it. You can play dumb all you want, but you're not pulling the wool over my eyes. I held up my end of the bargain," Bahr scoffed, taking another swig of his simulated beer. A shame that it couldn't work the same magic as real beer and curb the foul mood Ali was putting him in. But alas, this was the condition of Aincrad. 

Ali was silent for a few moments. "Fine, I knew that it was real. But that doesn't change anything. I'm just grateful you were able to kill it." Bahr chortled again.

"Grateful, huh? Not the choice of words I would have used. I can see through your deception, Ali. You should be more grateful that I'm a more honest man than you."

"Fine, fine. I get it. You've earned my trust," Ali relented, exhaling forcefully through his nose. He scooped up the Manticore mask and began to spin it on his index finger as he sauntered toward the exit.

"Ahem," Bahr coughed, a reminder to Ali that their transaction hadn't been adequately fulfilled yet.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Ali exclaimed, swiveling on his heel and heading back toward Bahr. He retrieved a sack of col and placed it on the table in front of Bahr. It was a bit lighter than the first payment he had received from the man; it looked about half as full as the last bag had been. "I know it isn't much, but I'll be in your debt."

"You sure will be,"
 Bahr mused as the man exited the tavern, a quest completion window populating in front of Bahr with the rewards. He dismissed the panel, downing the remainder of his drink. "'Til next time."