[PP/F8] Let's!!! Go Hunting ♥

The rare white deer.. It was but a mere rumor on the breath of the info brokers. Kityuisa had been trying to track it down for weeks. This was one of her only chances to get the valuable materials for her dear friend, Hikoru. Kityuisa had searched the entirety of floor seven, when at last she had heard a rumor that it was spotted on floor eight.. Apparently, the deer had risen to a higher floor, I never even knew monsters were capable of doing that.. Kityuisa was equipped to the par with her gear. She had her dagger at her side and her black leather armor covering her body. Kityuisa was ready to track down and kill the legendary white deer. Apparently, flowers would rise from the ground as it walked... Kityuisa wanted to see it with her own eyes, which was why she had followed the rumors.

Kityuisa being on floor eight, she had instantly gone to the village. Friben Village. The rumor of the deer was that it was last spotted in between the white river and the red river. Kityuisa knew exactly where she needed to head to, and was picking up a few light, travel snacks along the way. I have to get the rare S-class meat for Hikoru before our date.. I want to present him with the rare mushrooms and the rare deer meat! Along with the little present I had gotten made the other day.. Kityuisa shook her thoughts away, scanning the area. Players conversed here and there, trading goods and forming parties. The white river below the village of Friben was a very popular hunting spot for the powerful monsters that lurked in the bottom of the river. Appearing as players fished, trekked and simply ate near the edge of the river. Kityuisa was uninterested in such commodities at the moment, her main focus.. Find the deer, kill it, gather up its meat and then fight the monsters in the river if I have time left in the day. With all of her materials gathered she was ready to set out, and even have a nice lunch in the middle of the forest.

@Lessa

Spoiler

Level: 35 | HP700 | Energy: 70 | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: | Thorns: | Heavy Momentum: 1
2HSS [5] | Heavy Armor [3] | Protector Familiar [3] | Survival | Howl | Precision
Jigoku rÅzu [+3 DMG] | Rose Gauntlets [+2 Thorns/+1 HM] | Rosebud [+3 ACC]

Friben Village fascinated Lessa. It held a certain charm that many other safe zones lacked, perhaps due to the way it hovered off the ground. The massive White River that raced far beneath oozed power, but the sound of it also worked to soothe her; the smell reminded her of the freshwater rivers she'd visited back in Michigan. Back home, before this terrible place. "We should come here more often," the woman mused aloud to her familiar. The wolf merely gave a shake of his shaggy mocha body, a non-committal gesture if Lessa had ever seen one. Fine, she thought to herself, giving a small shrug of her own. If that's how it's gonna be...

The pair was nearing the edge of the safe zone, approaching one of the many spiral staircases. As she began her downward climb, the blonde absently reached back to ensure her Claymore was equipped. Though the weapon was incredibly heavy, she'd grown accustomed to it's weight over the years. Now, she hardly even noticed that she wore it. But it hung strapped across her back like a safety blanket, it's familiar presence a comfort when she needed it most. That blade had been through so much. So had she.

"Just looking for mats today," she informed Riker, who picked his way down the steps beside her. "We can hunt a mob or two, if we see anything, but we're not going looking. Nothing crazy today, okay?"

Edited by Lessa

Kityuisa was about to leave the city when she overheard a blonde player nearby talking to a wolf. Haven't seen too many people with a wolf... In fact, never have I seen anyone with a wolf by their side. Her curiosity was instantly piked as she watched the woman walk with her wolf. She heard her loud and clear as her focus was now on the girl, "Just looking for mats today, we can hunt a mob or two, if we see anything, but we're not going looking. Nothing crazy today, okay?" Kityuisa chuckled to herself. Maybe I should invite her and change her plans for the day. She withdrew her dagger, casually flipping it as a means of comfort. Her feet moving and closing in on the girl.

Tanine Willowflame trotting behind her, eyeing the wolf wearily. Kityuisa placed her dagger back in her sheath as she now stood right next to Lessa, "Hey there. I couldn't help but notice you're heading out. Would you like to join me on my quest to find the legendary white deer? I want its S-grade materials for a friend." Kityuisa grinned, giving Lessa a welcoming and inviting first contact speech, "The name's Kityuisa." She held out her hand, to greet the woman she had never met before. She is rather beautiful I do say so myself.. Kityuisa glanced at Willow, Willow was sticking behind Kityuisa. "This is Tanine Willowflame, my familiar." Willow flicked her tail in greeting.

Had it not been for Riker's low growl of warning, Lessa might have been caught completely unaware of the stranger's approach. Surely, she'd have flinched. More likely, she'd have drawn her hefty weapon and shoved it in the girl's face; it wouldn't be the first time. But her familiar saved her the embarrassment, alerting her, and allowing her to turn toward the small blonde. There was a moment's hesitation as Lessa fought to place the other player. Had they met somewhere? Was she a frontliner from the past? Should she know this girl's name?

With no immediate answers, Lessa merely plastered on a smile. A flutter of relief came when the stranger introduced herself, and Lessa realized she wasn't responsible for a misplaced name after all. "Nice to meet you, Kityuisa," came the woman's reply, and she dipped her head slightly in acknowledgement. What an interesting name, she mused. Not that it was likely the girl's real name... or was it? Since this was their reality, were their tags now their true identities?

Her brain was working overtime again.

Riker nudged her hand, and instinctively, Lessa moved to scratch his ear. "This is Riker," she continued, finally. "And I'm Lessa. I haven't heard of a legendary white deer, but I wouldn't mind helping you look."

Kityuisa smiled at Riker, opening her inventory, she withdrew a nice amount of raw meat for the beautiful animal. She held it out for him to sniff, giving a small noise which showed he was allowed to take it and eat it from her. Kityuisa glanced back up at Lessa. "Lovely names that you too have. And yes! It was supposedly on the seventh floor, but rumor is it was sighted here on this floor up there." 

She pointed her finger in a direction upstream. "Since we're teaming up.." She opened the party invite, sending an invite Lessa's way. "Might as well share a bit about ourselves. What our build is, what we've done up till this point. That sort of thing. I'd like to get to know someone was pretty as you." Kityuisa gave a friendly wink, before realizing every single action she had just taken might have been taken as one flirting with another, she held up her hands in defense. "I'm not flirting right now, by the way."

At the offered snack, Riker's ears swiveled atop his shaggy head. His nostrils flared as he tested the scent, and after a moment, he looked ready to spring. But the familiar turned to glance at his companion for permission; his amber eyes pleaded with her. It was almost comical, and the woman couldn't help but grin down at him. "Go ahead," she told him, gesturing toward the meat. "Just be gentle." Slowly, and with great caution, the wolf gingerly accepted the slab from Kityuisa's hand. He chomped on it happily at Lessa's side.

As Kityuisa hastily assured Lessa she wasn't flirting, the other girl couldn't help but laugh. "No, it's alright, I know you're not," she assured Kityuisa. "I appreciate it. You're very pretty yourself." She said it casually enough that it wouldn't make the situation more uncomfortable than it already was. Or, at least, she hoped it was. She accepted the party request with a quick, practiced motion.

"I'm not really sure what my build is anymore," she confessed with a wry smile. "I haven't done any serious fighting in a while. On the tanky side, I guess." She rolled her shoulders a bit, as the concept of sharing her past made her uncomfortable. "I was on the frontlines for a while. Now I just sort of drift. What about you?"

Kityuisa couldn't help but feel joy as Riker asked Lessa for permission to snack on the food that Kityuisa was offering to him. As soon as he gobbled it up, she gave him a small pet on the head. Then she turned to look back at Lessa. The compliment brought a wider smile to Kityuisa's face, she gave her a look of gratitude, "Thank you, that actually means a lot." 

It wasn't everyday that Kityuisa was called pretty, in fact this was one of the firsts. No one has ever really complimented my appearance. She began to fiddle with her hair before Lessa spoke up about her build.

"Nothing wrong with not having an exact build. You still ought to be smart if you were on the front lines at some point in time. I admire you, thank you." She gave Lessa a thumbs up, hopefully making the blonde haired woman with great legs feel more comfortable with her. "I currently am working towards getting my stealth and DPS up, so I can be a Stealth based DPS.. I've been contemplating if I actually want to be on the front lines, or if I just want to be strong enough to fight for myself and the people that I care about. I don't know how much use a stealth DPS would be on the front lines..."

The compliment and accompanying thumbs up was likely meant to praise Lessa, but it actually did the opposite. As someone who had abandoned the frontlines over a year ago, and hid from the rest of Aincrad, she did not deserve the kind words. In fact, they made her a bit itchy. I'm not smart, she thought in mild disgust, and you shouldn't admire me. Of course, her poor companion surely had the best intentions. So rather than correcting Kityuisa, Lessa inhaled deeply through her nose, imagining the negative emotions being forced into some dark part of her mind. She would likely unpack them later, but the other girl did not deserve to play witness to Lessa's pity party.

"I'm sure they could use you on the frontlines," she replied, and meant it. Likely, the floor-clearing gang would accept any warm bodies they could get their hands on. "It's great that you're working on improving, though. A lot of people rush to the frontlines too quickly, and end up getting hurt." Or killed. What was left unsaid hung between them as the threesome reached the bottom of the steps and continued along the bank of the rushing river. 

Kityuisa simply grinned, before scratching the back of her neck. "I don't really think I ought to go to the front lines. Or at least if I do, I probably won't partake in every boss raid... I have my own motivations for rising to the top, and not a single boss raid till the last one matters to me..." Her eyes clouded over as she spoke her words. Venom had filled her voice as she spoke about the last boss raid. She shook her head, letting her thoughts ease down.

The usual glow returning, "Either way~ Let's go hunting!" She began to walk forwards, opening her map. Rumor was the legendary white deer was somewhere nearby. A few yards into the forest. Kityuisa glanced back, "You ready?" She raised her eyebrows and closed her eyes. Willow padding over to her pet's side. Willow let out a meow, letting Kityuisa know that she was ready. 

Kityuisa locked her gaze with Lessa. She would wait for Lessa to walk with Kityuisa before she ventured into the forest. 

The sudden hostility in Kityuisa's tone caught Lessa entirely by surprise. She blinked twice, then schooled her expression into something less readable, lest her companion recognize how startled she was. In a place like Aincrad, most everyone had some twisted motivation for their actions. Or, at the very least, had a deeply buried secret or two. Why did it still shock her when little bits of the truth shone through? "It's great that you've found your own motivation," she stated plainly, and meant it.

The young blonde's mood, it seemed, was as unpredictable as the river that roared beside them. Before Lessa's eyes, she transformed back into the warm, bubbly personality. Burying that darkness again, Lessa mused, but she said nothing to the matter. Instead, she nodded, and offered a small smile of her own. "Lead the way," she told Kityuisa. 

As the pair walked, Lessa hooked her thumbs in the band of her loose-fitting belt. "Must be a pretty special friend, what to go through all this trouble."

Spoiler

♥ Level: 26

Health: 520 | Energy: 52
EVA: 1 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3
DMG: 10

Skills:

Combat skills: 
♥ N/A

Weapon skills: 
♥ Rank Five, Dagger +5 DMG

♥ Armor skills: 
♥ Rank Two, Light Armor +8 MIT

Extra skills: 
♥ Rank One, Familiar Mastery: Fighter +2 DMG

Utility Skills: 
♥ Rank One, Hiding +1 Stealth

Modifiers: 
♥ N/A

Inventory
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Dagger of Sands: +2 DMG +12 BLEED
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Hera’s Ensemble: +36 MIT +1 EVA
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Blossoming Wind: +3 ACC

Battle Ready:
♥ Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
♥ T1 HP Potion, Uncommon (Heals 40) x5
♥ Teleport Crystal x2
♥ [Empty]
♥ [Empty]

Kityuisa felt a blush grace her cheeks as Lessa asked about the friend she was getting the meat for. "Y-Yeah.. His name is Hikoru." She stuck out her tongue, "I want to get him the best materials possible for his cooking. He's really good at it too!" She grinned wildly at Lessa before continuing down the path.

Speaking of the path, Kityuisa had not noticed the fallen tree that was blocking their path until it was right in front of her. She began to climb up it when two wolves showed up out of nowhere. They bared their fangs at the two girls. Kityuisa looked back at Lessa as they stood their ground, as if to say YOU SHALL NOT PASS! Kityuisa grinned. "Time for a warm up~" 

She flipped her dagger, dashing for the closest of the two. Kityuisa slashed and watched as the wolf's health bar got reduced. She grinned. Maybe I should have consumed one of my perfect damage potions... Kityuisa bit her lip, but nonetheless glanced back at Lessa. "You're turn~"

Spoiler

Eternal Cyclone x13 Wild Wolf 1
BD: 8

Party

♥   [1,0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 46/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [0,0] Lessa
Rested [1/2 Left]
Multipurpse: Ready

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 1 | 270/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA
     ♥  Wild Wolf 2 | 400/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

Spoiler

Level: 35 | HP700 | Energy: 70 | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: | Thorns: | Heavy Momentum: 1
2HSS [5] | Heavy Armor [3] | Protector Familiar [3] | Survival | Howl | Precision
Jigoku rÅzu [+3 DMG] | Rose Gauntlets [+2 Thorns/+1 HM] | Rosebud [+3 ACC]

Battle Ready Inventory
❃ [5] Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Riker's low growl of warning joined that of the two enemy wolves. "Good boy," she muttered to her familiar as she eased her massive sword from its sheath. The mocha-colored beast's hackles were raised, and Lessa just knew he was preparing to spring. It seemed he enjoyed the thrill of good combat even more than she did, which she supposed was fine. She would rather her companion get a kick out of fighting, as opposed to her forcing him to partake.

Two enemies, she thought to herself, sizing up the pair of wolves. She could continue to chip away at the injured one's health, and whittle the number of enemies down to one. Or, she could fall back on her specialty - AoEs. There were certainly options.

Unfortunately, Riker had the same idea. As Lessa lunged forward, intent on damaging the first wolf, her familiar leaped in her path. It seemed he was a little too overeager to soak up her damage. The blonde gave a cry of exasperation as her Sword Art failed to activate. "Dang it," she muttered. Then, sending a glance toward Kit, she offered a tight smile. "Guess I'll grab the next one."

Fortunately, the appearance of her companion seemed to throw the wolves off as well. Startled, both abandoned their attacks and veered away, circling for second round.

Spoiler

Lessa: ID: 123175 BD: 1 CD: 2 LD: 3 MD: 2
Galaxy Destroyer - FAILED

Wild Wolf 1: ID: 123176 BD: 3 CD: 4 LD: 4  MD: 4+1=5
Attack - FAILED

Wild Wolf 2: ID: 123177 BD: 6  CD: 11 LD: 12 MD: 3 +1=4
Attack - FAILED

Party

♥   [1,0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 46/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
 ♥   [0,0] Lessa |700/700 HP | 70-2+1= 69/70 EN | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1 (*Heavy momentum activated for next turn)

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 1 | 270/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA
     ♥  Wild Wolf 2 | 400/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

Edited by Lessa

Kityuisa watched as Riker lunged, blocking Lessa as her sword art failed to activate, "No biggie~ Familiars can often times be very eager. I've lost track of how many times Willow has interrupted my attack." She gave Lessa a thumbs up, giving a little shrug, "Stuff happens, we miss attacks. It just is a matter of making up for it with your next attack." With that she carried her body towards the wolf she had been attacking to begin with. Her dagger sliding through the wolf. She smiled with satisfaction at the feeling of her dagger ripping through the skin of the wolf. Despite them being made up of a bunch of 1's and 0's, Kityuisa still felt as if she were attacking something real. Yeah, there was a LOT less blood, she was still getting the satisfaction of the sound as her dagger slid across the wolf's pelt. The sound of squishing and muscle being ripped. Pixelated blood floating into the sky. 

Kityuisa nodded her head at Lessa, giving her, her own support for her next attack.

Spoiler

Eternal Cyclone x13
BD: 6 + 3 + 1 = 10 (Hit!) ~ 130 DMG on Wild Wolf 1

Party

♥   [2,0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 38/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
 ♥   [0,0] Lessa |700/700 HP | 70-2+1= 69/70 EN | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1 (*Heavy momentum activated for next turn)

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 1 | 140/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA
     ♥  Wild Wolf 2 | 400/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

• 1 year later...

Suddenly, Lessa's companion turned, and took off at a brisk lope into the woods. Puzzled, all Lessa could do was stare after her. "What in the world?" she finally managed, voice a breathy whisper over the chirping of birds and rush of the nearby river. Did she suddenly remember something she had to do? Did she get scared and flee? Did she have to go to the bathroom? What an odd person.

"Guess I'm going to get them all," Lessa muttered through gritted teeth, hefting Hell Rose to eye level as the pair of wolves circled. Twin snarls rolled from their bared teeth, and their ears lay laced to their skulls. "You guys look pretty vicious," the woman stated, shaking back her blonde hair. Then she rolled her shoulders beneath her heavy armor. "Good thing I can handle vicious."

As her most prized possession in Aincrad burst into pink light, she lunged.

Spoiler

Party

♥   [2,0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 38/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
 ♥   [1,1] Lessa |665/700 HP | 56/70 EN | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1

Lessa uses Calamity Disaster.-14 EN.
180520 | BD: 6 + 1 + 3 = HIT. 12*12= 144
180521 | BD: 5 + 1 + 3 = HIT. 11*12= 132
180522 | MD: 10. CRIT. Deals 35 damage. Takes 18 damage (thorns).
180523 | MD: 2. MISS.

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 1 | DEAD/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA
     ♥  Wild Wolf 2 | 268/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

Loot: 180524 CD: 12 LD: 11

1 Rare Armor/Shield
2800 Col
2 Mats

• 3 months later...

"One more," Lessa muttered to herself, shifting the rose blade from one hand to the other. After so many years of using Hell Rose, and so many battles, she hardly noticed the hefty weapons weight. Instead, it simply felt like an extension of her own hand.

If the wolf even noticed the fall of it's companion, it gave no indication. Instead, the final beast trotted a couple steps closer, then halted, studying her with it's beady eyes. It stood, hackles raised, tail bushy and extended directly behind it. "Final standoff, huh?" the swordswoman mused. "You and me. Your buddy is dead, mine... ran off somewhere." She poured energy into the weapon, watching it glow brighter with each passing second. "That's fine with me."

They clashed once more, but this time, her opponent failed to land a return blow. The force from her two handed straight sword sent the wolf reeling, and it bounded back a few steps to recover before trying again.

Spoiler

Party

♥   [0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 38/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
 ♥   [2] Lessa |665/700 HP | 44/70 EN | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1

Lessa uses Galaxy Destroyer.-13 EN.
188033 | BD: 2 + 4 = HIT. 11*13= 143
188034 | MD: 2. MISS.

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 2 | 125/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

Alright big boy, she thought, glaring at the wolf as it prepared for another assault. Let's end this quickly, so I can get a move on. Lessa took a deep breath, readying herself for what she hoped would be the final strike, and was startled to find the action a little more difficult than before. A quick glance at her health bar revealed it was still green, with little more than a sliver shaved off. But a different number drew her attention. Shit, the woman swore silently, though there was no one around to hear if she had done so out loud. I haven't been paying enough attention to my energy. She supposed that was the price one paid when entering a battle in a party and finishing it alone. 

"Definitely have to make this the last one."

For their final meeting, both the wolf and Lessa managed to deal damage. However, when the former burst into data, it became apparent that Lessa was the victor.

Spoiler

Party

♥   [0] Kityuisa | 540/540 HP | 38/54 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
 ♥   [3] Lessa | 665/700 HP | 32/70 EN | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1

Lessa uses Galaxy Destroyer.-13 EN.
188035 | BD: 6 = HIT. 11*13= 143
188036 | MD: 5 +1. HIT.

Enemies

♥  Wild Wolf 2 | DEAD/400 HP | 105 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA

Loot Roll: 188037
LD:17 CD:3
4 Mats
1 Rare Consumable
1 Rare Weapon

The moment her enemy's health dropped to zero, and it exploded into shimmering pixels, Riker came trotting out of a cluster of nearby trees. "Are you serious?" the woman asked, exasperation evident on her face and in her tone. "I was just fighting. You know, that thing you were supposed to help me out with? Where were you anyway?"

Her wolf familiar only stared at her, a single, bushy eyebrow lifted. Lessa might have sworn that Riker was questioning her annoyance. If he could speak, he might have said something along the lines of did you really expect me to fight my own kind? To which Lessa would have responded with yes. Of course, considering her familiar was incapable of human speech, the point was likely moot.

"Alright, fine," the swordswoman muttered, pausing to glance at the loot she had acquired. "You can make it up to me by helping me look for mats. I could use a few more in the shop."

[188039] LD: 7 Failed to find mat.

As Lessa and her not so trusty sidekick picked their way along the river, the water continued to rush past with a thundering roar. "It's something, huh?" the woman asked her companion, pausing to study it for a moment. Even as she reached up to drag the back of her hand across her sweaty brow, she appreciated the raw power of the natural wonder. The trip to the hot, sticky jungle may have made her sweat, and required her to go out in the heat she so hated. But time beside the river made it worth it.

Likely less enthused with and enchanted by the rapids, Riker continued to sniff around at the base of nearby tree trunks. "I hope you're having more luck than I am," she told him, regretfully tearing her gaze from the river to focus again on the hunt. "I swear, I'm the worst at gathering materials. I can never see them buried in the dirt, or hidden by the grass."

[188040] LD: 9. Failed to find mat.

After another few minutes of fruitless (or rather, matless) searching, Lessa heaved a sigh. "Nope," she announced, "I'm still as terrible as ever. And it looks like you're just as bad at it as I am." If he had heard her, which she was quite certain he had, Riker did not show it. Instead, he flopped over onto his side. Then, with a groan, he rolled over onto his back and rolled with the careless abandon of a golden retriever puppy.

"Are you serious?" she found herself asking again, though this time more amused than frustrated. Of course, that amusement quickly faded when she noticed the pile of dark leaves beneath her wolf familiar. In his frenzied rolling, he had flattened them to the ground. "What in the world are you rolling in?" Lessa grimaced, then waved her hand as if to chase away the smell. "I swear, I'll make you sleep outside tonight." When he paused to gaze mournfully at her, still balanced on his back, she shook her head. "I'm serious."

[188042] LD: 10. Failed to find mat.

"That was a bust," Lessa declared a short time later. While they had succeeded in slaying the two wolves, they had been unable to locate a single material afterward. Perhaps she was just too impatient, or maybe the area was already picked over. But after a while, the roar of the river had lost it's hold on Lessa. Besides, she was covered in sweat, and nearly smelled as bad as Riker did. Nearly.

With a nod of her head, the Guardian gestured back toward the teleportation plaza. "Let's head back," she told her familiar. "I'll take a shower, and maybe find somewhere to hose you down. Then we could go grab some dinner, and-"

Lessa fell silent as her eyes met and held those of a snow-white stag. It gazed silently back at her, big blue eyes far more captivating than even the river had been. Where did it come from? Lessa thought distantly. Suddenly, she wondered how anyone could possibly kill something so magnificent, even for a delicious meal.

Then it was gone.

After a pause, Lessa blew out a breath, and slowly shook her head. "Wild," she whispered, before heading back home again.

[188043] LD: 9 Failed to find mat.

Thread Summary

Kityuisa receives:
400 EXP

Lessa receives:
400 EXP
4400 Col
6 Mats
1 Rare Armor/Shield
1 Rare Consumable
1 Rare Weapon