[PP-F7] Finding Myself, Part 4: Maaldus <<Case of Wurms>>

Vigilon was looking for the settlement of Rig, for he'd heard of a field boss that spawns near it, which could make for some useful training. He would walk along the path that led from Nimbus to Rig, ready for a field boss fight. Being a tier two player, it would be a simple task, really. He would be in his thoughts, for he had recently heard from Akudo, his informant, that someone was trying to gain intel about him, with potentially hostile intent. "Just who would try to learn about me for hostile purposes? Someone from the Griffin Legion again? That {Scarlet} woman? Just...who?" He knew that Akudo had told him to avoid floor 10 for at least a week, claiming that the one trying to learn about him was last sighted there...but it wasn't like Vigilon currently had any business with that floor at the moment. For now, he was focused on finding the field boss. Once he reached the Settlement of Rig, he would still be within his thoughts, and as a result, accidentally bump into someone. "Oof! Agh, I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa had a rather eventful morning with the likes of Mitsuko and Tanine Willowflame, two characters in her story that had a massive personality of their own. Kityuisa was wanting to fight more field bosses, and Mitsuko had been needy and clingy. Kityuisa could still feel the weight that Mitsuko had put on her this morning. Mitsu had tackled her mother back down to the bed, and Tanine Willowflame had flicked her tail in amusement. Dealing with the stubborn seven year old was simple enough, Kityuisa had at last agreed to let Mitsuko tag along, if she promised to stay out of battle and keep a crystal at hand. Tanine Willowflame on the other hand, her familiar would naturally be tagging along on the next part of Kityuisa's journey. 

That was how Kityuisa, Mitsuko and Tanine Willowflame had found themselves on floor seven in the town of Rig. Mitsuko made a joke, which caused Kityuisa to laugh and glance her way, not noticing the man that was walking directly towards where Kityuisa stood, unmoving. She didn't notice him until he had ran into her. She stumbled backwards, "Oof! Agh, i'm so sorry, are you alright?" Kityuisa would just place a hand on the right side of her head, "Y-yeah.. You all good yourself?" Despite how Kityuisa looked she had been told she was a stone wall. Hopefully the man hadn't hurt himself.

The girl Vigilon had bumped into said she was ok, then asked if he was alright. "Yup, just...well, bumped back into reality. I gotta stop getting too deep into thought when walking..." He thought for a second or two. Why should he simply face this field boss alone? Surely, if this girl hadn't done it yet, she might be willing to get some rewards from the boss, too. "So, I'm currently in search of a field boss found near this settlement. Are you available to take it on? We could both get the rewards from that thing, and, well, there's strength in numbers." Now that Vigilon was in the settlement of Rig, he figured that he'd wake up his familiar, Veriost, who was sleeping on his shoulder as usual. Vigilon pulled out one of her favorite sweets, a snowberry cupcake from floor 4, and waved it in front of her. The small white frost dragon would open her eyes wide as she caught the scent of the cupcake. Once awake, she would snag the cupcake, pulling it out of Vigilon's hand, and dig right in. "Heh heh, morning, sleepyhead." Veriost would finish the cupcake, and give Vigilon a look over what he'd said to her. "What?" Vigilon asked her. Veriost clearly didn't take it very nicely, for she opened her maw and let out her frost breath. "Fo...Krah Diin!!!" Sure, pain wasn't a thing, but temperature differences could still be felt...and the cold hit him right in the face. "AAAAAAAAGH! Cold, cold, cold!!!!!"

@Kityuisa

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  31
HP:  620
EN:  72(Base[60], Energist[10])
Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills:

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Mods:

Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Sword Arts)

Kityuisa being, well Kityuisa... Was all for fighting a field boss with the brunette. After all, if there was anything that described Kityuisa the best; would be fighting monsters and watching with satisfaction as they were murdered before her very own eyes. The pixels lighting up the air, bringing Kityuisa a kind of ecstasy that was one of a kind. "I am definitely down, let's fight us a field boss." She opened her UI and sent Vigilon a friend request, "The name's Kityuisa, by the way." Kityuisa watched the frost dragon that began to stir up on Vigilon's shoulder. A snow berry cupcake appearing in his hand as he gave it to his friend. Kityuisa laughed lightly as the cold breath of the dragon was blown onto Vigilon's face. It strangely reminded her of Krysta's dragon familiar. The one that Tanine Willowflame had been so inclined to play with. Speaking of, Kityuisa glanced down. She seems scared of Vigilon? Willow still hid behind Kityuisa's leg. "Erm, this is my familiar, Tanine Willowflame. Everyone calls her Willow. I don't know what's going on with her right now.."

The girl would agree to tag along with Vigilon in the quest to fight a field boss, then she would send him a friend request and introduce herself. Vigilon didn't exactly understand why some players prefer to send friend requests upon first meeting each other, but he admired the optimism within, so he accepted the friend request. "Nice to meet you, Kityuisa, I'm Vigilon." Kityuisa let out a light laugh when Veriost blasted Vigilon with her frost breath. "Oh, sure, go ahead, laugh...you definitely wouldn't want to be on my end of this." Vigilon would give Veriost a pained expression, and the small white frost dragon would...smirk? Could dragons smirk? Whatever the case, that's what it seemed like to Vigilon. "What, so you think it's funny, too, don't you?" Vigilon would set this thought aside for the time being, he shouldn't dwell on it for too long. He looked back to Kityuisa. "Anyway, this is Veriost, she's usually a bit of a sleepyhead whenever she's not fighting, eating, or interacting with other players or familiars. Sure, we have our little share of squabbles and disagreements, but we still get along pretty well...usually." Kityuisa introduced her familiar, Tanine Willowflame, Willow for short, who was apparently hiding behind her leg. Kityuisa seemed to notice the feline familiar's current behavior to be unusual, which didn't sound good. "Something wrong? Is there something around? Does she notice anything?" Vigilon looked to his left and right, nothing in sight.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa chuckled even more, "I certainly would. It's just like getting a harsh kiss." She giggled, "Almost as if someone kissed you and bit your lip." Kityuisa grinned devilishly before picking up Willow. She let out a soft sight, "I'm not sure what's wrong with her... But... let's be on our way then.." Willow burrowed her face into Kityuisa's body. It was almost as if Tanine Willowflame was sensing some sort of presence... Kityuisa brushed it off, "You want to take the lead?" She turned towards the exit. Kityuisa smiled feebly. 

She was always good with sticking her mind to the task at hand. Kityuisa was going to do just that. She wanted to focus on the fight, because something felt off. Strangely off, Kityuisa hadn't been having good days for a while now, so this was important to her. Kityuisa smiled, "So tell me the story of how you found your dragon friend."

Vigilon found no humor in Kityuisa's comment, but Veriost looked a bit intrigued over what the two players were talking about. Kityuisa picked up her familiar, who immediately clung to her and burrowed her face into her. She couldn't seem to see exactly what was wrong. Nevertheless, the two players were ready to set out and search for the boss. Kityuisa asked Vigilon if he wanted to take the lead. "Sure, why not?" As the trip began, Vigilon explained what he knew. "My informant, Akudo, told me that the field boss said to appear near the town is a two-headed snake with wings known as Amphis Serpens. At first, I asked him if it was just an amphithere with two heads, but then Akudo told me that it literally has two snake heads, with snake fangs and venom, complete with four horns on each head for intimidation."

Kityuisa asked Vigilon if he could tell the story of how he met Veriost. Oh, the memories. "I was at, like, level two or three, and I was still wearing that starter crap that was essentially a bunch of pathetic excuses for gear. This guy heard I intended to find a familiar, so he dared me to search on floor 4. Someone with a wolf familiar tagged along with me as I searched for a familiar. After a bit, I came across Veriost. Like many other monsters in the wild that aren't automatically aggressive, she was wary, and ready to fight at the first sign of aggression. I placed something down for her to eat, and she slowly came up to what I placed down for her. After she ate it, she flew onto me, and a little after that, I came up with something to call her, and before long, we had become allies. I will admit, I thought she was a male of her kind at first, since I didn't know the differences between male and female dragons at the time..."

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa listened to what Vigilon told her. Vigilon's informant Akudo told him about the field boss. It feels easy enough. Let's get going then. Kityuisa began to walk towards the spit listening to the talk of the boss. "Two-headed snake?! Do they spit out like poison and fire or something? One out of each head? That'd be cool. Hydras are like that, right?" Kityuisa began to pet Willow's fur as they walked. Kityuisa thought for a moment, "I want to mount one of its horns." Kityuisa grinned back at Vigilon as she lead them out of town.

"Level two or three... Floor four? Let's see wolves... The only person I know with a wolf is Lessa. I wonder how many out there have wolves. Do you remember the person's name?" Kityuisa smiled, his own tale of his familiar resonating with Kityuisa. Her own memory of taming Willow entered her mind. "Willow was on floor two. In a field of grass. I wanted her as soon as I saw her. Mars went with me."

"Well, maybe, I don't know. While most hydras seem to be able to sometimes breathe different elements from their heads, I did face a dragon with multiple abilities, too. It had fire breath, frost breath, and could send out force that could blow you away, send you flying...man, those were memories, too. Heck, that was the day Krysta, my girlfriend, met her familiar, Yolviinsil." Kityuisa asked Vigilon if he remembered the name of the player that was with him when he searched for a familiar. "I believe his name was Sey, and he called his familiar Kyu. Haven't seen either of them in a long time, actually." Kityuisa explained how she met her familiar, also noting that Mars was with her at the time. "Yeah...I learned that Mars isn't the best person to be around. He actually doesn't give a crap about others." Before he could say anything else, he saw a serpentine tail in the distance. "Hold up. I think we found it...or did it find us?"

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa simply non verbally agreed, not speaking another word to the boy as the giant two-headed worm appeared up out of nowhere. Kityuisa grinned at Vigilon before dashing forwards. (Battle Song). She was moving swiftly, just like she normally did. Kityuisa's own agility was always way higher than the average person. She flipped her dagger with her finger tips, reversing her hold on the sharp edge. She jumped towards the worm, aiming for its head that was high in the sky. She spun around, like well.. A cyclone. Her dagger slicing, slicing and slicing. Pixels breaking off as wounds were cut deep into the worm's skin. Kityuisa flipped off of the head of the worm before landing back down. "Can you give it a shot then?" Kityuisa glanced around her. The area that the worm was attacking them was pretty. Trees were devoid, this floor being more sand and rock than anything else. The rocks protruded from the surface, and Kityuisa wanted to climb one. She couldn't help the urge that she felt.

Spoiler

BD: 6 + 3 = 9

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 BLEED | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [0] Vigilon | 620/620 HP | 72/72 EN | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC

Rested: 1/2 Turns Left
Multipurpose: Ready

Enemies

♥  Amphis Serpens | 103/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | Rolls 9 or 10 attack two players with highest hate and poison (+20 Unmigatable DMG for five turns)

***Using stats from a different thread that was around the same time as this one

Spoiler

♥Level: 23

Health: 460 | Energy: 46
EVA: 1 | MIT: 26 | ACC: 3
DMG: 9

Skills:

Combat skills: 
♥ N/A

Weapon skills: 
♥ Rank Five, Dagger +5 DMG

♥ Armor skills: 
♥ Rank Two, Light Armor +8 MIT

Extra skills: 
♥ Rank One, Familiar Mastery: Fighter +1 DMG

Utility Skills: 
♥ Rank One, Hiding +1 Stealth

Modifiers: 
♥ N/A

Inventory
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Dagger of The Sands: +2 DMG +1 BLEED 
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Black Swan: +1 EVA, +18 MIT
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Blossoming Wind: +3 ACC

Battle Ready:
♥ Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
♥ T1 HP Potion, Uncommon (Heals 40) x5
♥ Rare DMG Potion x2
♥ [Empty]
♥ [Empty]

Edited by Kityuisa

Indeed, the creature had found them first. It must have noticed them as they were heading over. Whatever the case, Kityuisa would attack it with the dagger Sword Art known as Eternal Cyclone, dealing a considerable amount of damage. Since the monster's HP didn't seem like much, Vigilon figured he might try going for a weaker Sword Art. He would learn the hard way that nope, this boss had mitigation. An attack like Tornado Kick wouldn't do. The Amphis Serpens hissed in anguish, both heads did, each at one of the players facing it. Both heads would turn to Vigilon, and it would attempt to strike Vigilon. He leapt to his right, causing the Amphis Serpens to drag on the ground, almost crashing completely. The Amphis Serpens's two heads would hiss at each other, then turn back to the two players. "Ok...that didn't work. Care to try landing a final blow?"

ID# 122285 BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

ID# 122286 MD: 2-1=1(Miss)

Tornado Kick: 15x6-45=45

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [2] Vigilon | 620/620 HP | 62/72 EN | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC

Enemies

♥  Amphis Serpens | 58/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | Rolls 9 or 10 attack two players with highest hate and poison (+20 Unmigatable DMG for five turns)

Edited by Vigilon

The attack of Vigilon was quick and simple. Yet it didn't deal that much damage. It looks like he used a weaker sword skill? Is he wanting me to land the last hit? Kityuisa shook her thoughts away before dashing forwards. Her dagger glinting as she sliced and sliced. The field boss monster bursting into pixels before her very own eyes. "Well that's dealt with." Kityuisa turned away from Vigilon, crouching down before her cat. Willow was all tensed up. Her fur standing on edge. Kityuisa bent down, to play with her paws. She played with the pads, squishing them. "You're such an amazing animal, Willow. So cute~" She continued to play with her cat. Willow letting out a soft meow. Despite the fact that she's on edge, she really is enjoying herself. Willow then began to purr. Kityuisa smiled gently, Willow always makes my day amazing. I feel really happy right now.

Spoiler

BD: 9

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 460/460 HP | 26/46 EN | 9 DMG | 26 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [2] Vigilon | 620/620 HP | 62/72 EN | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC

Rested: 0/2 Turns Left
Multipurpose: Ready

Enemies

♥  Amphis Serpens | Dead

Edited by Kityuisa

Kityuisa managed to finish off the Amphis Serpens, and the monster shattered. "Right, note to self, not every monster on tier one floors is without mitigation." With that taken care of, the quest was basically done. However...something wasn't right. Kityuisa's familiar was completely tensed, and her owner began to play with her. Vigilon got the feeling that the familiar knew something... He looked over to the many rocks, and he would slowly walk over, then jump onto one of the rocks, finding someone there, just sitting there with a smirk on his face. "Impressive, Vigilon, but not nearly impressive enough. I have been watching you since you were in Rig, and you could have sought me out any time." Vigilon noticed the player's orange cursor, and backed up a step or two. "Who are you? How did you hear of me?" Vigilon asked. The player chuckled as he got up. "I am Maaldus. You piqued my interest when I heard of you from one of my many informants. I dug a little deeper, and so here I am. Now then, your life isn't in danger, but I won't play by the rules of those duels...show me what you're capable of, right here, right now!"

ID# 122302 LD: 17+1=18(success, found stealthed NPC Player)

@Kityuisa

Maaldus:

Spoiler

Maaldus.jpeg.574a3a23ac723e987095b8b915702da5.jpeg

Edited by Vigilon

Kityuisa noticed the man that had stepped up against Vigilon. Her eyes narrowed in, orange cursor. Her mind instantly played back to Pinball. That crude player... That dragon thread we had. He took the dragon out, saving our lives.. But... Kityuisa shuddered, He murdered Bell... He hurts people, and he threatened me. Kityuisa would always think of not only Pinball but the woman that had tortured her, Two out of two orange players that i've met are corrupted. Kityuisa grimaced, glancing back at Willow. Now I know why she's been so tense today. Ever since meeting Vigilon. Willow knew someone was watching us.. I should have tried to find him before we attacked that field boss. Kityuisa grimaced again, trying to focus on what the two were talking about. It seemed the knew each other, which meant Kityuisa would stay out of the conversation that was held between the two players. She would be here if Vigilon needed back up, but for now she'd continue to comfort Willow whilst watching from a distance.

Vigilon would jump back, landing on the ground a few feet away, almost stumbling as he landed. Maaldus would chuckle upon seeing Vigilon's first action. "Big mistake, I'm afraid. You do know what happens when one has the high ground, right?" Vigilon grimaced, for in a few aspects, he was right. Maaldus pulled out a two-handed spear, and attacked with Dimension Stampede. Vigilon was pounded into the ground from the slamming portion of the sword art, but that wouldn't stop him. He rolled to the side when Maaldus tried to strike with Fatal Thrust, and retaliated using Acupuncture. Maaldus chuckled. "You're actually not a bad fighter..." He would say. Under his breath, he would mutter "I swear, I know those eyes..." Vigilon almost caught those words. "What's that you say? I can't hear you over this!" Vigilon would attack with Full Cowl as Veriost let loose her frost breath to his face. "Fo...Krah Diin!!!" Maaldus retaliated with Dancing Spear as he called out something, and a black fox would dart into the battlefield, no longer in hiding, striking both Vigilon and Veriost in succession. This battle already had both players close to the yellow in their HP.

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa watched from a distance, their battle is between the two of them? Right? I shouldn't intervene.. I feel terrible.. Kityuisa let out a hefty sigh. She wanted to help, but it looked like the two knew each other. For a fact, if Vigilon was Kirbs and the man attacking him was Pinball...

Kityuisa knew that if that was the case, Kirbs would snap at her, telling her that it wasn't Kityuisa's fight. Kityuisa narrowed her eyes as she continued to play with Tanine Willowflame. Willow calming down, watching as the swords clashed. Now that the danger had been relieved, Willow was less tense. Her blue, beady orbs watching each swift movement made by the party. Kityuisa clenched her fists, watching as her party mate dropped to yellow, "If you need help, just let me know!!!" Kityuisa wanted to let Vigilon know that she was here to help if the need be. 

(OOC: rolled a D20 I had back home to decide the battle's victor. the roll was a 20, by the way. No joke. Also, Vigilon won't be killing the NPC Player in this thread, but you can feel free to have your character react.)

Vigilon stumbled from the black fox's attack, and Veriost would begin a one-on-one fight with the opposing familiar. "Argh, now that was a dirty trick!" Maaldus laughed. "And I thought it was you who once said that there's nothing dirty in a fight!" Vigilon got up with a grimace on his face. "Alright, stop trying to psych me out." Vigilon heard Kityuisa call out that she could help if he needed it. "Right, thanks for letting me know!" He would call out in response. Maaldus would leap into the air, and attack Vigilon with Dancing Spear once he landed between Vigilon and Kityuisa. "Oh, no," He began. "This battle is strictly between you and I. If the innocent girl gets involved, I'll kill her." Vigilon scowled at Maaldus. "You wouldn't dare!" A sinister smile crept onto Maaldus's face. Vigilon would attack with the Five Swords Sword Art, and Maaldus would retaliate with Imperial Southern Cross. Maaldus would look over to Kityuisa, and Vigilon would notice. "Don't you dare!" Maaldus would begin walking over to Kityuisa as Vigilon was getting back up from Maaldus's attack. Vigilon would leap onto Maaldus, the force of his weight crashing onto his opponent and causing him to stumble and fall. Maaldus rolled to the side, and when his face was within sight, Vigilon decked him with the All Might Sword Art. Maaldus's HP was now in the red. Maaldus still held his spear, and he started to get back up. Vigilon grabbed him by his light armor, and lifted him up. He had his fist at the ready. "Drop the spear." Vigilon began. "Drop the spear and spare her, or...or I'll finish you off!"

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa watched as the two battled it out, Maaldus seemed only too keen to try and attack her. Kityuisa stood to her feet, leaving Tanine Willowflame on the floor. Willow read the emotional state of her pet, her fur fluffing up as Kityuisa squared her shoulders, "Try it. I dare you." Her eyes glinted, her hand resting on her dagger. Kityuisa watched as Vigilon scooped Maaldus by his collar. Kityuisa at that moment, glanced down at Willow. Might as well try it for the first time.. Kityuisa had never tried to enter stealth before.. At that very moment, she decided to try it out. Just as she had been standing there, she melted into the shadows. Watching Vigilon and Maaldus from her domain in the world of stealth. Kityuisa watched her beady eyes and Willow entered stealth mode as well. If one found one, they would find the other. With Willow sitting next to Kityuisa, she watched what would occur. If need be she would kill Maaldus for Vigilon if he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Spoiler

LD: 10 + 1 + 1 = 12 STEALTH
*Players must roll a 12 or higher on LD to discover Kit (REEEEE)

*Using Multipurpose to increase stealth rating.

Edited by Kityuisa

Maaldus laughed at Vigilon's words. "So, it really does spark aggression in you when another's life is threatened. Rest assured, the battle was between you and I alone, and you have clearly won." Maaldus accesed his inventory, and the spear disappeared. Vigilon set Maaldus down, but he remained wary, ready to strike at a moment's notice. The two players' familiars returned to their masters, growling at each other as they glared at one another. "So then, now that the battle is over, we can move on to more pleasant matters..." Vigilon was confused. "What do you mean, 'more pleasant matters'? isn't a fight what you came for?" Maaldus would chuckle. "Well, sure, I have fought and killed before, but I wanted to see what you were capable of, first. I must say, despite your motives being different, you seem like a born fighter." Vigilon's stance didn't change. "What do you mean by that? Why are you here?" Maaldus grinned. "Why, to actually meet you, of course. I wanted to see how you fought, and what motives you had when fighting, risk or no." Neither would notice that Kityuisa had disappeared yet.

(OOC: Hold, Maaldus doesn't die in this thread. You can have Kityuisa attempt to attack if you'd like, but as long as he's in the red, the attempts will be a 100% failure to hit.)

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa continued to watch from a distance. Their conversation was strange, that much was certain. Kityuisa just stayed silent. Her mind filling with a multiple of different thoughts. This reminds me of my meeting with Mitsuko's fake mother. They way that she tortured me, and then tried to kill me. I then killed her.. Kityuisa shuddered at the thought, looking down at Tanine Willowflame. Willow just looked at her, a worried expression on her face. Kityuisa just shrugged. For now they seemed to not be fighting. The two males were talking back and forth. Apparently Maaldus was a murderer and trying to figure out what Vigilon's skills were like? His motives? Kityuisa knew her own motives. She wanted to be the one to end Kayaba's life. He was the one who hurt her sister. Kityuisa narrowed her eyes. Kityuisa gripped her dagger. She was feeling strange emotions flow through her. Her urge to aid the front liners fastening inside her.

Spoiler

Action: Stay In Stealth

LD: 18 + 1 = 19

Edited by Kityuisa