[PP-F7] Finding Myself, Part 4: Maaldus <<Case of Wurms>>

To say the least, Vigilon was completely confused. "What? What do you mean?" Maaldus kept the grin on his face. "I was able to test one of my theories here, too. The fight was between you and I, so when the girl had a chance to get involved, I saw it as an opportunity to learn more about you and your motives. You seem to be one who strives to protect. You try to become stronger so that you can save them, you care for innocent lives..." Vigilon thought that that much was obvious. "I thought that much was kind of obvious." Maaldus's grin faded, but not for the reason Vigilon expected. "I have seen such eyes before, but it has to be a coincidence..." He muttered under his breath. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Do you mind speaking louder?" Vigilon demanded. Maaldus growled slightly. "In that case, I may need you to do something I'm sure you wouldn't normally do. You wouldn't understand a thing otherwise... Tell me your name, your real name." Vigilon blinked, confused. "Say that again? I think I misheard you." Maaldus's expression returned to normal. "Tell me your real name, you only need say it once. I will even tell you mine in exchange. I'll go first. I am Iago Grace." Grace...that last name again. "Grace? Like...the last name of Dazia's real name? You've gotta be joking. ...Fine, but I'll say it once. Alex Silver." Maaldus's expression would change again, something seemed to hit him over the last name as well. "Well, then, that explains everything...although I have yet to encounter this Dazia you speak of, you do seem to know somewhat...assuming what I am currently thinking is true. One last question, Alex. Was your father Xavier Grace?"  Maaldus was correct, and this would spark anguish from denial over what this could possibly be. Vigilon ran up to Maaldus and punched him in the face, since his HP had regenerated back to yellow. "How about you don't speak my father's name." He blurted out in reaction. Maaldus got up, and he looked at Vigilon like something he had recently began thinking had been proven true. "I...you...I only asked...because I remember seeing those eyes of his. Your eyes are like his. So then, it is true, you are the son of Xavier Grace...one of my family's traitors. Your father was a runaway!" Vigilon was sparked into aggression. He grabbed Maaldus by the throat. "Don't you dare speak that way about him! My Father was a great man!" Vigilon noted to himself that Maaldus had to have been an adult somewhere in the mid-twenties at the very least, for Vigilon was young when his father died so what other age could this man have seen Vigilon's father?  "Ahahaha...you'll see one day...he ran from us, wanted nothing to do with us! We knew what kind of world we lived in...but your father was unwilling to accept it! He ran off, along with his sister, and he never wanted to see his family again...then, from what I have been told by my family, he met that Selena Silver...and we never heard from him since, especially since his demise..." Vigilon's anger was only fueled by this. He tightened his grip on Maaldus's throat. "You lie. Besides, whatever would you know of my dad's side of the family?" Maaldus chuckled. "Well, did your father ever take you to see his side of the family? Even your aunt Hannah, who you may have not even met? I know this because...because Xavier grace was my uncle." The utter shock of what must have been a lie caused Vigilon to lose his grip as his eyes widened. The shock quickly faded, and Vigilon pinned Maaldus up against one of the nearby large stones jutting out of the ground. "That's not possible. I may have never met my father's side of the family, but there is no way I could be related to a scoundrel like you!" Maaldus saw the expressions in Vigilon's face. "To be honest, it was just as much of a shock to me. I never, not even for one second, could have guessed that we were cousins, before this moment came." Maaldus released an item from his inventory. "Deny the truth all you want, but in the end, it is always revealed." Vigilon didn't notice the second item that Maaldus brought out of his inventory. He held up a Teleport Crystal, and before Vigilon could act, had activated the crystal. "Teleport: Serpent's Point!" And thus Vigilon was left there, confused. He could have easily killed this unusual player who must have lost his mind. Not only that, but Kityuisa wasn't in sight. "Whatever the heck was with that guy? ...Kityuisa? Kityuisa, where'd you go??"

@Kityuisa

Kityuisa had just silently listened to everything going on. She had fully grasped the situation. I'm sure I am now one of the players that knows about Vigilon the best. Kityuisa merely shrugged her shoulders before watching as Maaldus used a teleport crystal. So to get it all right, Vigilon knows the Grace family. The Grace family, sounds like has Dazia, Maaldus and Vigilon's dad in it.. Only his dad was a traitor to the Grace family? And Vigilon's name is Alex Silver. So that means he isn't a Grace. But Maaldus wants to kill Vigilon because of his father? What does Dazia have to do with all of this...? Kityuisa was trying to pull all the information she had gathered together. Her observation skills were well-put to say the least.

Maaldus' uncle was Vigilon's dad, which would make them cousins. Kityuisa was shaken out of her thoughts as Vigilon glanced around, trying to spot Kityuisa. Once the eminent danger was gone, Kityuisa reappeared before Vigilon. "Sorry about that, I disappeared, so you two could have your moment.. And if you want me to, I can pretend I never heard and of that." She stuck out her tongue.

Vigilon stood there, dumbfounded by literally everything that just happened. Veriost returned to Vigilon's shoulder, looking just as confused as he was. Kityuisa would then reappear, saying that she disappeared while Vigilon and Maaldus had their conversation(a not so friendly one, obviously), and that if Vigilon wanted, she could pretend that she never heard a thing. Honestly, Vigilon didn't know what to think. "At this point, I don't know what to think. I hardly believe much of whatever the crap that wacko said. Either way, he's gone now. I honestly...I don't mind you knowing this, but if it is true, we should keep it confidential, since it would be personal information." Vigilon scratched his head. "I um, I should go. we can go on knowing this happened, but for now, let's act as if this moment never happened. I may tell it to my Girlfriend, Krysta, but other than that I doubt anyone else should be told about what just went down. Thanks for tagging along in the quest, though. We were both able to get stronger because of it, I'm sure." Vigilon would look over to see what Maaldus had dropped, probably on purpose, and he picked it up, stashing whatever the heck it was into his inventory for the time being. He looked around him, and there would be nothing...aside from a loose stone falling on his head from above. He waved goodbye to Kityuisa and left. She could clearly handle herself, so she probably wouldn't have any trouble returning to the safe zone. Vigilon would travel back to Nimbus, wondering what this was all about, trying to wrap his head around the nonsense that occurred.

ID# 122471 LD: 1+1=2(No chest found. If applicable, you could say it was a crit. fail)

Summary:

Vigilon receives: 4 SP, 200 col, and <<Snake Venom>>

@Kityuisa receives: 4 SP, 200 col, and <<Snake Venom>>

[Note on <<Snake Venom>>: A coating which grants a weapon a poison effect which activates on a critical hit, dealing 4 damage for 10 turns to an enemy. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.]

Edited by Vigilon