[PP-F1] To Attain Profession in a Natural Talent <<Earning A Living>>(Tailor)

Krysta had learned of the NPC who teaches players how to become tailors at long last. She would reach the shop of Rufus Textillion, and knock on the door. When she was told she could come in, she entered the shop to see the NPC she was looking for. "Why Hello there! My name is Rufus, and I'd love to show you around if you got the time." The NPC seemed to know how to dress, his clothing screamed fashion, and Krysta can't help but notice the expert sewing that went into the clothing he was wearing. "Pleasure to meet you, Rufus. I was wondering if I could learn how to take up being a Tailor as a profession." He beckoned Krysta back to his work station in response, hoping she would follow. "Now, this is where I make my latest in fashion, maybe you could use some help with it yourself," He explained as gave Krysta a quick look up and down, "Blast it! I have completely run out of materials to show you what I am talking about, the process is so beautiful, and the clothing that comes out is amazing... Wait! You seem like you can take care of yourself, would you mind searching for some for me? I can even show you how to craft the best fashion around the world! I would just need five materials, sounds easy right?" Krysta smiled and nodded her head. "I shall find all that is needed! You can count on me to relieve you of your latest strife!" With that, she would leave the shop, and begin making her way to the safe zone's edge. She equipped Andvari's Blessing, a golden necklace that would also assist her in finding materials, then she would soon encounter someone as she made her way out of the safe zone.

Krysta's currently equipped jewelry item grants her an LD bonus to +3

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta
Remembered that equipment cap for LD items is 3

The blurring effects of alcohol burned off far too quickly for his liking. It affected the Heads Up Display and impaired some of the commands and made a few numbers skew into and out of range when he experimented by traversing the town, but he dared not test it beyond the walls. At least, he hadn't become that worn down about life in Aincrad yet.

He stared down at the blade in his right hand. Simple, balanced, perfect for someone who had never used a weapon like it before- but boring when you were intimately aware of how they could be applied in the real world. Curves on knives were like curves on a woman- nice to look at, nice to feel, and if you glanced toward 'em in the wrong way, you'd regret it.

He spun the weapon idly between two fingers as he thought about that comparison. It made him chuckle. "Another boring day," he muttered to himself, leaned up against one of the shops that littered the Town of Beginnings. It would be nice to see someone worth kicking rocks around with for a bit-

You can count on me...!

And there she was. The questgiver was silent most times when he hung around, but today, it seemed his luck had finally cashed in and thrown him a bone. He shoved the weapon quickly back into its sheath and pushed off the wall, glancing toward the girl who had just accepted the quest as she passed by. She seemed confident, like she knew exactly what she was doing, even though it was a very low level quest.

How was he supposed to ask if she wanted an extra set of hands? He'd never exactly been the Party Face before. "Afternoon," he greeted awkwardly.

@Krysta

As Krysta was nearing the edge of the safe zone, she was greeted awkwardly with an "Afternoon". She looked over to see a man who appeared to be a little groggy. Despite his current condition, it would be best to respond, even if he couldn't hear whatever she said. "And Afternoon to you, good sir. Pardon me, but I'm afraid you don't look so well, are you alright? I have a healing skill at the ready if you have been harmed." Yolviinsil poked her head out from behind Krysta, looking at the player shyly. For now, the small ruby red feathered dragon would be watching him from Krysta's shoulder. Krysta didn't know this player, but she had grown skilled, so she believed she would not be in any danger, and would be able to spot the signs of it before it reached her. Not to mention, the player's cursor was green, so that wouldn't seem to be any cause for alarm at the moment.

@Corvo

"...eh?" 

He gave her a quick once over and quirked an eyebrow. "Naw, I ain't sick or nothin'. At least, not sick in any way the system's got a way to help with." He shook his head slightly and reached up, nursing his slight headache. 

"I noticed you were working on one of the beginner quests, and I was wondering if you needed an extra pair of hands to tag along. Generally it's not that hard to finish any of the requests here, but I haven't had much of a chance to get out and it's safer to travel in groups until you're stronger, so I figured I'd do that until I could manage on my own."

It wasn't his first idea, but all of the friends he had logged on with had lost contact with him or worse. Already he had heard tell of one dying, and all the contacts in his friends list had been pissed away. Dead or otherwise, he was trapped in a world with no one he had ever known. 

It was enough to ruin anyone's day, and he had already reached the point where his day could not get much worse.

"So, what do you say? I stick around while you get your quest done, help with any killing needs done, and you reap the reward while I get some experience. Fair deal?"

@Krysta

"Beginner quests? Ahaha, I'm afraid you are mistaken, the beginner quests have a level cap, this is simply a quest that will allow me to attain the profession of tailor. I've taken it up as a minor hobby back in the real world, so I figured that I might do that in this game as well, creating light armor, clothing, and handwraps for the players to use. At the moment, I can only make items without enhancements, but that will surely change once I receive the profession!" This player seemed to be under the impression that Krysta was still a beginner. "I'll have you know, I'm actually only a few levels away from the second tier!" Yolviinsil slowly climbed up onto Krysta's shoulder, still looking at the player shyly. Krysta would turn to the side, pull out her rapier, and perform the sword art Known as Neutron in the empty space, as Yolviinsil let loose her flames in the same empty space. Krysta would sheathe her weapon, and turn back towards the player. "I'm actually quite capable of handling myself, but I wouldn't mind having a companion for the duration of this quest!"

@Corvo

Uhhh.... eh?

Sometimes in Aincrad when people spoke, things came out that he didn't quite understand. No, that wasn't right. He understood just fine, but he genuinely felt a dislike for the things that were being said, or the way they were delivered. He felt a chill run down his spine as she finished speaking, and he forced a small smile onto his face.

"Oh, I see," he replied simply. There's always gonna be someone who says way more than they have to. Maybe she's afraid. Maybe she's conceited. You put yourself in this situation, don't get in her face. Don't. Get. In. Her. Face.

"Can't say as I ain't disappointed to hear I'm hardly the Knight in Shining Armor I'd hoped to be," he said sarcastically, "but I'm certainly touched by your generosity. Let's get moving, shall we?"

He found himself surprised, frankly, by his restraint in saying no more than that.

@Krysta

The player would give a simple reply, and add a line of sarcasm. He was ready to set out, and, to be blunt, Krysta was, too. "Right, we shall begin the trip at once. I am Krysta, it's a pleasure to meet you." She would then gesture over to the ruby red feathered dragon on her shoulder as she continued. "And this is Yolviinsil. She can be a little shy in social situations, especially around those she doesn't know. Of course, her flames are not to be taken lightly within the heat of combat." She would begin her search once she was outside the safe zone. She would manage to find a cotton plant, and she walked over to harvest the cotton. "There, that's one, now I need at least four more." She wondered if he knew of any other kinds of materials that can simply be found scattered around the floor. Despite that the man probably knew little other than the first floor, she wondered if he knew anything. "Pardon me, but do you know of any materials usable by tailors that can be found on this floor? I know of cotton, and I can gather silk from silkworms, but what else is there? I doubt I'll just find leather laying about, that would probably require me to fight monsters to do so."

ID# 122150 LD: 16+3=19(Found 1 T1 Material)

Materials found: 1/5

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta

As she started introductions, Corvo peeled the pipe from inside his cloak and ignited it. The long drag he took started at about where she gave her name, and ended once her familiar had been introduced. "Pleasure's mine," he said wearily as he exhaled a plume of gray. "Corvo's the name," he told her. "Though I'm not much important round these parts yet, just you wait."

She quickly found one of the materials she was looking for, and he attributed it immediately to the gear she had selected prior to beginning. Smart thinking. Players had the ability to learn the game and optimize their opportunities the longer they lived inside it. Of course, there were other things to consider- but he'd much rather not, really.

"Leather?" he blinked, "yeah, sure, pigskin and other hides are often dried out and treated to make leather. You probably won't find much of that outside combat. But, I'll help you cut through a few, if'n you want?"

@Krysta

The man introduced himself as Corvo, a username derived from the word Corvid or Corvus, no doubt. Krysta recalled that the word was a class of scavenger bird, like crows and ravens....ravens...she knew a person who was like a dark raven. Dazia, the murderer. No doubt she had crossed out another name off the monument by now. Of course, she would lean towards the more positive thoughts for the time being. "Corvo...like the corvids, being crows, ravens, and the like? Interesting."

As Krysta searched for another material, which she didn't seem to find any more in the current vicinity, she listened to Corvo's answer to her question. "Hm...that would actually help. I am far too powerful to receive anything from this floor's monsters, so if you would like to assist by defeating monsters, go right ahead, just don't go in over your head and get yourself surrounded by the tougher creatures, unless you have a weapon with a powerful area of effect Sword Art."

ID# 122172 LD: 11+3=14(Failed)(reeeeeeee)

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta

"Oh, it'd be my pleasure," the scarlet haired youth grinned as he unsheathed his weapon and immediately scoured the area for sight of anything that might yield some results. There was never a shortage of Boar on the first floor, and you could always count on finding one if you strayed just slightly off the path.

Of course, that wasn't an option for the same reasons the girl had stated. He wasn't strong enough to handle more than maybe one, two if he got extremely lucky, at a time. That was how Aincrad got people. Hubris, and stupidity. Dumb luck, too, but that was less of the time.

The dagger now in hand, he headed for the first sign of pig. "Alrighty, let's dance, porky!" he proclaimed in all of his indignity at the first chance he'd had to spill... blood? Data? Whatever, in a good, long time.

It brought back memories as he sank low and angled toward the beast on an approach vector. How would combat in this world differ from his real world experience?

He was about to find out.

@Krysta

Corvo: 40/40 HP 4/4 E 3 DMG

Boar: 20/20 HP 6 DMG

@Krysta

Edited by Corvo

The scarlet haired man said it would be his pleasure, and he ran off, unsheathed blade in hand. Krysta wondered why some people were drawn to fighting? Vigilon didn't mind fighting, but in a game turned life like this one, he preferred to use it as training, or to defend someone. It was all a game, yes, but with mortality in the mix, it was a virtual prison. Krysta looked around, and saw some more cotton. She would collect the cotton, and that would be two materials, three to go. "I wonder what Alex is doing right now..." She said, thinking aloud. "He's probably over in the seventh floor, training or something. Hmm...Tomorrow is our date, so maybe I could take the opportunity to sew a dress for myself to wear once I'm finished with the quest." This thinking aloud seemed to have it's perks. She could hear her own thoughts more clearly, the only risk being that someone might hear them if eavesdropping, or just simply nearby.

ID# 122488 LD: 16+3=19(success, found 1 T1 Material)

Materials found: 2/5

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta

He rushed headlong toward the beast with the blade held low, and he pulled the weapon forward and upward in an attempt to catch it under the shoulder and across the gullet as he passed by. Unfortunately, his aim wasn't quite what he imagined it was- maybe, probably, because it was a game avatar and not his real body, and certain things were determined by programs and algorithms.

He did notice, there was no pain when the beast raked its tusks triumphantly across his torso and left streaks of red data streaming away from his body like lost blood. There was no feeling of excitement as crimson streaked down his body, there was no sensation to make him regret the loss. It was like the ultimate game of chance.

If you win, you win big.

If you lose...

Well, he didn't plan on finding out. The woman seemed to be finding her materials well enough- two of five, if he remembered properly and had a good count. It was probable she wouldn't even need his help- but he had offered, and he wasn't going to back out on her now.

He gripped the grass in his free hand and stumbled across the ground, regaining his balance. His HP meter had taken a bit of a dip, but in all, he was still in the green. That was a good thing.

For now.

@Krysta

ID# 122608 results:

Battle: 3 Craft: 6 Loot: 6 MOB: 10

Boar gets a really big hit, Corvo does not.

Corvo: 32/40 HP 4/4 E 3 DMG

Boar: 20/20 HP 6 DMG

Edited by Corvo

(OOC: If a common monster rolls a 10, it deals 2 extra damage, in your case, dealing a total of 8 damage to Corvo.)

The next thing to think about, as she searched for possible materials, was where to have her shop? "I know I'm considering setting up in either floor 1, floor 3, floor 11...I'm not certain about floor 7, though...Sure, Alex will be there, but I'm not sure I will feel at home in such a floor..." It was true, floor seven was an option, but it was only an option because Vigilon had set up shop in that floor. Then again, Krysta had gotten used to the inns of floor eleven, despite it being a tier two floor. Then again, she was stronger than level eleven, so she could get around safely. Floor 3 seemed like a mild possibility, but at this rate, it would be tied with floor seven. This left floor one, where she could set up shop in the Town of Beginnings, and floor eleven, where she might set up a shop in Taft.

ID# 122609 LD: 8+3=11(failed)

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta

Frustrated with the first miss, Corvo launched himself upright and forward, racing toward the beast in an attempt to bring the weapon piercing downward into its snout. Unfortunately for the redhead, the creature had no intention of standing still for such an attack to land.

His blade shied wild of the pig's face as it reared back and planned on a reprisal of its own. He dodged out of the way narrowly and without much grace, attributing his sluggishness to a lack of skill inside the system itself. Later, he would go back and see about different ways to invest his points to increase his agility, his hit rating, and of course, his overall lethality. He'd always played the Rogue Archetype in games like this.

He wasn't sure how he wanted to do it this time, though...

Hey, was that woman paying attention at all? Was she going to leave him there alone with the boar if things went south? He wondered about that. It was in the back of his mind, of course, but then, things hadn't gotten any worse...

...or better.

"Okay, Baron von Bacon," he seethed toward the monster that had robbed him of several precious points of health. "It's your turn."

ID# 122612 results:

Battle: 5 Craft: 11 Loot: 20 MOB: 4

Neither Corvo not the Boar do anything.

Corvo: 32/40 HP 4/4 E 3 DMG

Boar: 20/20 HP 6 DMG

Edited by Corvo

There seemed to be nary a single material that tailors could use in sight, so Krysta decided to move on to a different spot. She noticed that Corvo, although having ran off, was still within sight. from what she observed, it was painfully clear that he was low-level. Krysta had guessed that he was either level four or five, but the combat expertise he displayed with the boar seemed to be very little. From what she had been told, Vigilon also had a not-so-good history with boars. There was apparently a player who had nicknamed him "boar bait" because of this. It reminds him of those memories every time. Krysta actually had a less than fair history with boars, too. She hardly faced them, and during the times she actually fought them, she was forced to fight boar pups, essentially young boars. She HATED the experience. They were young creatures, they should still have the ability to chose whether or not they want to live peacefully, or in hostile terms.

ID# 122688 LD: 3+3=6(failed)

@Corvo

Edited by Krysta