»
     [X13] GALAXY DESTROYER

13 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X12 AOE] CALAMITY DISASTER

13 ENERGY +2 PER TARGET HIT CONSUMED ON USE

INVENTORY
ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] "COAT OF THE BLOODEDGE" - LIGHT ARMOR (T1 - PERFECT)
      +3 EVA
» [EQUIPPED] "HERO'S HAKAMA" - LIGHT ARMOR
 (T2 - PERFECT)
      +36 MIT
      RECOVERY 1

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "SCARECROW'S SICKLE" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (T2 - DEMONIC)
     ➥ +6 DMG
     ➥ BLEED

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R3
     ➥ +3 ACC

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (3)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP
» T1 THE WORLD'S MOST ELUSIVE HOT DOG (1)
     ➥ +2 EVA

Another day, another quest. Today Bahr had set his sights on one such venture that he had actually been avoiding for quite some time; <<The Lich's Calling>>. According to the info broker he had been going through, running through this quest alone was a fool's errand. Not that that had stopped Bahr from wanting to anyways. But he was no fool, and knew he needed to garner the appropriate experience and skills before taking on such a harrowing endeavor. Unfortunately, his impatience had crawled into the back of his skull and rooted itself there, gnawing away at the corners of his mind until he finally relented and decided it was time to swallow his pride and take on the quest with a friend.

He set his jaw as he slowly scrolled through his short friend list, taking care not to scroll far enough to hit the "Z" section. About halfway down the list, his crimson and verdant hues fell upon a name that looked unfamiliar amongst the surrounding dossiers - Lessa. His mind drifted back to their encounter at the Monument of Life, where he had made an absolute fool out of himself in front of everybody. Somehow he had been fortunate enough to find her in the midst of his breakdown. It was a surprise she had even accepted his friend request, given his humiliating spectacle and jarring revelation at his departure. He mentally chastised himself for being so loose-lipped about everything. Something about her had cracked him open like an oyster, a sensation he wasn't all too fond of.

Still, she had shared a fair bit about herself, as well. Whether she had meant it to come off as such, it was obvious that her plight was a plea for help. She was lost in the world, and needed help finding the way. Bahr could help lead her to water, if nothing else. Whether or not she chose to drink was up to her. After some brooding, he tapped her name and opened up a message prompt.

To: @Lessa

You're getting off of your ass and actually doing something today. Meet me on Floor Fourteen in an hour, around fifty meters south of the castle. There's something in it for you if you come.
I'll go alone if you're late.

- Bahr

With the message issued, Bahr folded his arms and leaned up against the nearest stony wall, rapping his fingers against his sleeve as he waited. It wasn't an empty gesture; he would absolutely venture in and fight the Lich on his own if he had to. But if he could get Lessa out for a day and see how she did, it could be the beginning of a fruitful partnership. Or, you know, a total disaster.

Edited by Bahr
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoiler

Level: 35 HP700 | Energy: 70 | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: | Thorns: | Heavy Momentum: 1
2HSS [5] | Heavy Armor [3] | Protector Familiar [3] | Survival | Howl | Precision
Jigoku rÅzu [+3 DMG] | Rose Gauntlets [+2 Thorns/+1 HM] | Rosebud [+3 ACC]

(Information to change with item trade.)

Snow fell in fat, lazy flakes outside the window. Through the frosted panes of glass, the blurry visions of tightly bundled players darted back and forth. It was always cold on floor four, just as it was always cozy inside the White Rabbit Tavern. Lessa, comfy in a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, snuggled deeper into the overstuffed armchair. It was her favorite, shoved in a corner and out of sight from any patrons. The window to her right provided a view of her favorite floor, while the crackling fire to her left kept her warm. Riker certainly seemed to appreciate the flames as well; he lay belly-up on the worn rug in front of the hearth.

A bit like roadkill, Lessa mused to herself, before shaking her head and returning to her reading. She’d paid an information broker for a list of the hottest rumors, and was hungrily scanning the virtual window for anything interesting. Occasionally, she and her familiar might venture out on a little adventure, but the trips were rarely fruitful. More often, she simply treated the list like any form of entertainment, and discarded it shortly after.

Her reading, however, was interrupted by the arrival of a new message. Startled surprise gave way to curiosity when she read the sender’s name. Then, she rolled her eyes with such ferocity that it should have caused a headache. She wrote a hasty reply.

To: @Bahr

No need to be a dick about it.

See you there.

- Lessa

When the sent confirmation flashed, the young woman waved away all other windows, and leaned forward in the chair. The leather gave an annoyed creak beneath her shifting weight, but she hardly noticed as she got her familiar’s attention. The soft whistle brought a groan of disappointment, then a resigned sigh from her wolf. It seemed they wouldn’t be having a cozy day indoors after all.

When Lessa approached Bahr an hour later, her lazy clothes had been replaced by her full armor. Hell Rose, her massive pink Claymore, hung strapped and ready across her back. Briefly, she realized that this was the first time that he had seen her totally decked-out, and despite her better judgement, her gaze flicked to his face for some sort of response.

Edited by Lessa

Miraculously, the young blonde had managed to show up on time. Bahr was beginning to think he was going to be having a go at the Lich and its endless army of skeletal cannon fodder alone. His heterochromatic eyes looked up and down her slim figure, taking care not to linger in any one place for too long. He found it peculiar that her armor revealed more than her casual attire. With a nod, he flatly stated, "Looks like I got your style right," before opening up a window and sending a request her way.

BahrTradeTemplate.png.70a608472730b26f2e4f9df7e69fd8ea.png

Spoiler

Name: Hovering Cloak
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 7
Roll ID: 121871
Roll Result: CD12 / LD16
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 EVA
Description: "Golden bands worn around the arms magnetically support the cloak, which hovers around the back of the wearer. It's unique design confuses the wearer's opponents."
Post Linkhttp://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r7-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&amp;comment=579526

Spoiler

Name: Violet Ribbon
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 7
Roll ID: 121875
Roll Result: CD12 / LD7
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description: "Crafted with the wearer in mind, this violet ribbon is imbued with the luck of Caerus."
Post Linkhttp://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r7-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&amp;comment=579526

"Should fit right in with the rest of your garb," Bahr chirped with a grin, tapping accept on the trade panel and sending the items her way. "You look like you can take a hit, but it would probably be better if you didn't with this one. Apparently it's claimed the lives of more than a few." There was a pause. "I'm surprised you showed up at all, honestly. I was sure I'd scared you off with my abrasiveness by now," he chortled with a wry grin, only half joking. "So, why did you? Surely fighting the Lich can't be as enjoyable as lounging around all day with your pet."

For a long while, Lessa studied the trade offer that hovered before her. Twice, she glanced from it, to Bahr, then back again. Finally, with an absent, practiced motion, she accepted the trade. Immediately, she summoned her inventory with a twinkle of bells, but hesitated before equipping the items. "Thanks," she managed dumbly, unsure of what else to say. "Those are both really nice. What do I owe you for them?" It felt uncomfortable asking, as she was pretty sure he intended for them to be gifts. At least, he didn't act as if he were about to ask for the col. But not asking, and assuming, would have felt even stranger. So she donned the cloak, and was startled when she felt no additional weight across her shoulders. In fact, save for the whisper of fabric about her upper body, she hardly noticed she wore the piece at all. It was... actually kind of cool.

Only then did the woman address his other question. "If you're assuming I had nothing better to do today than bum around with Riker in my PJs, you're absolutely right." A hint of a smile mirrored his own. "But I can do that any other day. It isn't often I'm summoned like this." She placed added emphasis on the word summoned, as his message had been little less than that. "Your abrasiveness doesn't bother me," Lessa began with a small shrug, "but I'd be really bothered if you suddenly found yourself overcome with emotion again, and you made a mistake." Humor danced in Lessa's pale blue eyes, and the expression she wore softened as she concluded, "So I might as well come along."

Bahr barely noticed Lessa was even taking to him at this point, meandering around her and examining the fit of the cloak. It looked perfect on her, and was mechanically behaving exactly as it was intended to. Brilliant. It wasn't until he had finished his inspection that everything she had said caught up with him. Coral hues flushed his cheeks as images of his recent meltdown poured into his mind's eye. "Well, if you're going to be like that, I guess I have no choice but to demand nine thousand col," was the deadpanned retort, the grin replaced by a slight frown. "You can pay me back by tanking for me against the Lich," he began, turning toward the castle and starting to saunter along. "It's got a few minions, so we'll want to-"

And just like that, his face was in the dirt. In his flustered stupor, he had neglected the debris that littered the area, which caught his boot and sent him toppling over in an ungraceful manner. As his face dug into the ground, his legs continued forward and over his torso in a motion reminiscent of a scorpion's sting before coming to a stop and flopping back down to earth. He laid there for a moment, mortified by what had just happened, yet not at all surprised that it had. Obviously, the Nervegear was at fault. Obviously.

He slowly pushed off from the ground, standing up and avoiding eye contact with Lessa. Maybe if he didn't say anything, she wouldn't either.

Tendrils of unease licked at Lessa as she watched Bahr's expression change. What had meant to be a lighthearted jab had apparently crossed a line. Of course it did, she thought with mild disgust. What had prompted her to make fun of his vulnerable moment? Had months of solitude really made her so socially inept? I used to be good at this. Her ability to read people was once her greatest strength. Now, she was insulting a person she hardly knew. Nice job, asshole.

Just as she opened her mouth to apologize, or... something... the man suddenly pitched forward. Before Lessa could react, Bahr was sprawled out in the dirt. Her first instinct was to ask him if he was alright, but even as the first syllables formed on her tongue, she realized it was a stupid question. What she ended up making was a strangled gurgling sound. She moved to offer a hand, but the player was already climbing to his feet, ignoring the gesture. Or, he hadn't seen it. But she casually turned the extended hand into fidgeting with her skirt.

"So," she began, fighting to keep an awkward drawl from the word."What do you know about the quest?"

It seemed that she was willing to overlook his embarrassing blunder, which Bahr wasn't going to complain about. "There's three types of enemies," he rapsed, "Once the fight starts, there will be a continuously spawning basic skeleton mob that will appear at regular intervals. They're not very durable, but if we let them pile up too much they'll become a problem pretty quickly. The second kind of monster is a skeletal white mage of sorts, of which there are only two. They're glass cannons like the others, but they heal their allies and don't respawn." His crimson and verdant hues flickered back to Lessa, making sure that he wasn't boring her yet. It seemed like she was following along so far. "Then there's the Lich King - the Big Bad. He'll take a couple hits to bring down, and he's strong. Like, really strong. That cloak I made for you has evasion buffs for a reason. Without exaggeration, he can easily two shot me. You might be able to take one more hit, but that would be it. Once he goes down, things should stop respawning, and then we just need to clean up the stragglers."

There was a pause.

"You might want to take a moment to get used to the agility that armor is going to offer you. It's an adjustment, especially if it's your first time using evasion gear. Try it out."

Spoiler

Level: 35 | HP: 700 | Energy: 70 | Base DMG: 11 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 1 | Eva: 3 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1
2HSS [5] | Heavy Armor [3] | Protector Familiar [3] | Survival | Howl | Precision
Jigoku rÅzu [+3 DMG] | Rose Gauntlets [+2 Thorns/+1 HM] | Hovering Cloak [+3 EVA]

"Hmm," came her sound of acknowledgement, blue eyes on the rough ground as she sorted through the information. "Well, we definitely have AoE behind us, so a mob pile-up is fairly easy to deal with." Even as she spoke, she rolled her shoulders to shift Hell Rose's position on her back. It remained her own personal safety blanket, and she constantly benefited from it's wide-sweeping attacks. "Typically, I'd go for the healers first. It always feels like a losing battle when your opponent is healing back whatever damage you deal." Her voice trailed as the woman's head tilted in thought. "But with such a powerful Big Bad," she cut a glance his way as she stole his phrasing, "it might be more worth-while to focus on him first. Such a hard-hitter shouldn't be left alive any longer than necessary."

"I think we're on the same page," she concluded. "Take the Lich down, then mop up. Should be okay, with the two of us working together on it."

At his mention of the new evasion, Lessa gave a slight nod. "I guess I've got to do more in it than look good," she commented, turning to scan their surroundings. The gray skies above made for a dark and dreary atmosphere, and the girl often had a difficult time picking out enemies among the jagged rocks and towering mountains. It was certainly harder than spotting a boar trotting about on a lower floor, but after a moment of searching, her gaze fell upon a lone figure. The stumbling gait, not unlike that of the stereotypical zombie, immediately gave away her foe's identity.

"Bone Knight," she informed Bahr, moving into a trot toward the enemy. 

She was nearly on top of the poor creature before it noticed her approach. Just a drone, she thought, drawing her sword from it's sheath with a soft hiss of metal. "Stay," she told her familiar, who slid to a halt with confusion in his wide, amber eyes. But she couldn't test out her new evasion skill if her protector was hell-bent on soaking all damage.

Facing off against the Bone Knight, Lessa refrained from lunging into combat. Let the system work its magic, she cautioned herself, watching the grotesque creature draw closer. His jaw hung in an eternally surprised expression, and his tattered robes danced as he lifted his worn sword. Then, Lessa found herself feeling lighter than she had in the past two years. It was as if her body was encouraging her to jump before her brain could make the call, and suddenly, the girl found herself just outside of the Bone Knight's reach. Satisfied, she let her own weapon fall, shattering the skeleton in pixels.

"Woo," she said on a heavy exhale. "That's a rush."

Spoiler

ID# 122410 results: Battle: 9 Craft: 4 Loot: 10 MOB: 6

Bone Knight's attack misses. 6 - 3 (EVA) = 3

Lessa uses Galaxy Destroyer. 

1 (base) + 3 (weapon) + 7 (rank) = 11 + 1 (crit) = 12 x 13 (SA) = 156

Bone Knight (42 dmg): 140/140 (-156)
Lessa: 700 HP | 57 EN (-13)

No loot - loot minimum perimeters not met.

Edited by Lessa

"Bone Knight."

It was the only thing she uttered before crossing over to the mob with surprising agility, her small frame sized up against the decaying husk in a matter of mere seconds. It wasn't that he had ever thought of Lessa as slow. Just very deliberate. It was interesting to see her coming out of her shell like this. Bahr let out a chuckle as his eyes followed Lessa, who was clearly finding enjoyment in her newfound speed. She dispatched the mob easily, turning back toward him with a grin. "Woo, that's a rush." 

"I know what you mean," he chortled, "It's honestly pretty addicting. After I put on evasion gear, I never went back. I'm actually still using my tier one coat, actually." Out of the corner of his eye, Bahr saw movement. Yet another decrepit, shambling mass of wasted pixels. "Bone Knight," Bahr mimicked, before a cloud of dust replaced his body. Crimson energy poured into his sword through the hilt as he sailed toward his target, the signature Sword Art whine whirring up into fever pitch until it finally broke, just as the blade cleaved through the pathetic pile of worm food and split it in half. The top half began to topple over, but both combusted into clouds of thousands of blue polygonal fractals, each twiddling through the air before slowly dissipating into oblivion.

"Nice little warm up," he remarked, winding his shoulder as he meandered back over to Lessa. "We can either head to the Lich now, or give ourselves a moment to recover that energy we just squandered. Your choice."

Spoiler

Encounter: Bone Knight
HP: 140 | DMG: 42

Spoiler

Lessa: HP: 700/700 | EN: 57/70 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | THN: 18
Bahr: HP: 680/680 | EN: 66-12=54/66 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-12 EN ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Bone Knight: HP: 140-195=0/140 | DMG: 42 | ID: 122450 | BD: 3+3=6, Hit for 195 DMG | Bone Knight defeated

"It might be a good idea to wait a bit," she answered after a moment's thought. "We made quick work of those guys, but having never done this quest, I'm not sure how tough it'll be. We may be better off regaining our energy." The muscles in her right arm tensed as she shifted the sword's weight to one hand, and navigated it back into the sheath. "Probably better to be safe than sorry."

Silence fell between the pair. Lessa, suddenly without anything to hold, wasn't sure what to do with her hands. She flexed them at her sides, first fanning out her fingers, and then clenching them into fists. "Look," she began, her gaze dropping to the pebble-littered pathway. The toe of her boot kicked half-heartedly at a jagged cropping of rocks, and when it wouldn't budge, a twinge of pain radiated up her foot. "Sorry about what I said earlier. I don't know why I said it." Lessa figured he knew what she meant, and to elaborate would only dig her a deeper hole. Instead, she hastily concluded with, "You seem to be doing a bit better, and that's good."

What was she referring to? Oh, probably the 'overcome by emotion' bit from earlier. Yeah, that made sense. "Don't worry about it," he articulated listlessly, "I'd already forgotten." Truthful in the literal sense, he supposed. He had pushed every last detail about that day and everything attached to it into the deepest, darkest corner of his mind. It hadn't really occurred to him yet, but it seemed that the only thing he had been allowing himself to recall from that day was the encounter with Lessa. The one silver lining from that day. Every time the other details started to bubble up regarding the happenings at the Monument of Life, he shoved them all right down again. He didn't have the desire or the mental faculties to process it until it simmered a bit.

"Yeah, I guess we could say I'm doing better. And what about you? You're actually doing something today," he jested with a grin, prodding her arm with his elbow. "Feels kinda good, doesn't it?" Surely, it had to. He may or may not have been correct in his assumption from before, but it definitely seemed as though she wasn't getting much done these days. He had the distinct feeling that she had isolated herself from much of the world. After all, it was easy to sense one of your own.

“Oh,” she replied softly, not able to entirely hide her surprise. Though her expression didn’t change, traces of the disbelief lingered in her tone. “You forgot. Well, good.” She reached a hand back to scratch at the base of her neck, before raking fingers through her blonde hair. “Yeah, good.” It was... unusual. So often, the players she knew seemed to soak up all negative interactions, and hold them like some toxic sponge. They’d be brought back up at opportune moments, generally to play at her emotions. Was Bahr really not going to play that game with her?

As if in answer, he elbowed her lightly, and made a remark of his own. Though the gesture was far from forceful, it caught her so off guard that she nearly stumbled. That, and the ridiculousness of the whole situation, finally coaxed out her smile. “It isn’t like I sit around with my thumb up my butt all day,” she informed him. “I still do some shopping from time to time. Visit different floors, and chase after the occasional rumors that interest me. I do a bit of training too, to keep Riker from getting fat and lazy.” Her expression softened at the mention of her familiar, and she absently reached for his ear to scratch. “Well, keep us both from getting fat and lazy.” Next, her gaze moved back to Bahr. “It’s just been a while since I fought with anyone else, I guess.”

Edited by Lessa

It was a bit surprising that his gentle nudge had almost sent her toppling over. Probably lost in her thoughts. What a goofball. But hey, at least she was smiling.

"Oh, right. Yeah, got it. I'm sure you get out all the time, what with that Tier One gear," he quipped, nudging her again. "No worries. Swine Bajesus and I will whip you and Riker back into shape." Almost as though on cue, the tiny boar poked its head out from Bahr's inner coat pocket and regarded the woman with scorn. Even if Bahr had forgiven Lessa for her earlier comment, it appeared the small pig was quicker to hold a grudge. It looked like it was going to start chewing Lessa out before its beady little eyes flickered to her familiar. Without skipping a beat, it frenetically retreated into Bahr's pocket once more, hiding itself from view. "Well, I'll whip you back into shape. He's along for the ride whether he likes it or not."

He beamed goofily at her, a trade for the smile she had offered him. Though, it was hardly a fair trade. Her smile seemed to have an illuminating effect, brightening everything around her. Bahr's smile... Well, it was less than gracious, that's for sure.

He really was relentless, wasn’t he? Now he was going after her gear? She’d had so many opportunities to improve her equipment, and as a blacksmith, it would be easy. But what she carried was... important. It had significance outside of numbers and stats, and call her sentimental, but she just liked the old stuff. She’d tell him as much, though she doubted he’d understand. “You know, my gear is-“

Her words died on her tongue, replaced with a sharp intake of breath as the miniature boar made his debut appearance. Her eyes went wide, then soft with embarrassing sweetness. The familiar, it seemed, did not feel the same about her, but it hardly mattered. Lessa still felt pin-pricks if disappointment when he turned tail and fled back into the depths of Bahr’s pocket.

”I-uh,” she began, shaking her head once to clear it of any lingering enchantment, “had no idea you had a familiar. He’s....” Cute? Adorable? Too precious for this cruel world? “Unique.”

Bahr's eyes widened ever so slightly with amusement as he took in her response. She could try whatever she wanted to hide it, but he knew that look when he saw it. She was enamoured with Swine Bajesus, as many people with an affinity for cute things were. The edges of his lips curled into a crooked grin as he reached into his coat pocket. "What, this little guy?" he inquired innocently, pulling the creature out of his pocket by it's scruff. It wriggled around and fought to release itself from his grasp, but it was an exercise in futility. He placed the flustered creature in her palm, and it was reluctant to comply at first. But as it felt the sensation of her soft fingers against its smooth hide, it inevitably relented, nuzzling its face into her palm. 

"He's got some sort of bug that prevents him from growing," he explained, poking its rump with his index finger. "Might be where he gets his 'unique' attitude from, I'd wager. Not really sure why, but whenever he's in my pocket my aim is always true. So I've kept him around."

The absolute last thing that the girl wanted to do was melt into a puddle of mush, but it was tough when Bahr plopped the pig into her palm. "Oh," she whispered on an exhale, voice reverent as a prayer. Lessa lifted Swine Bajesus a bit closer to her face, her eyes finding his tiny ones. Though he squirmed a bit, Lessa gently stroked her fingertip over his curved back, and... was she cooing to him? Good lord.

At her side, Riker had begun to pace. He'd take a few short steps, turn, and retrace the path until he finally uttered a pitiful yip. His companion puffed out her cheeks, blew out a breath, and cut a quick glance toward the wolf. "Hey now," she scolded gently, "don't be jealous." Riker, clearly annoyed with the statement, made a sound very similar to 'tch' as he laid down, head rested on folded paws.

Her attention shifted from the wolf, to Swine Bajesus, and finally to Bahr. "I can't say I've ever seen anything like him. Pretty neat find! Was taming him a wild experience?"

Bahr's eyes lit up as he witnessed Lessa's reaction, and there was no holding back the chuckle that followed. Here she was, the ever-so-serious Lessa, gently petting his pet and even cooing at it. Priceless. If he could have snapped a photo, he would have. Her familiar, who was clearly jealous over this whole ordeal, let out a yelp, only to have Lessa scold him before turning back to Bahr. "I can't say I've ever seen anything like him. Pretty neat find! Was taming him a wild experience?"

"Uhh yeah, it was..." His words trailed off as he contemplated just how he planned to finish that thought. Was he really going to reveal to Lessa that he had terrorized this minuscule creature prior to capturing it and forcing it to do his bidding? Sure, they were buddies now, but that was Stockholm Syndrome at best. Swine Bajesus craned its head back to give him a cranky look, as though it had suddenly remembered their first meeting as well. Bahr put his hands up defensively. "Let's- uhh just say we got off to a rocky start!" he stuttered, receiving nothing more than a huff from the pig in response. "... A fateful encounter?" It turned its nose up at him and closed its eyes, as though rejecting the inquiry entirely. "Oh, come on! We've been on so many adventures together and had one another's backs all the way! You really gonna be like this, after all this time?" he chided, face taking on a scarlet hue.

It warily opened a single eye and peered at Bahr, sighing before giving Lessa's palm a final nuzzle and leaping back toward Bahr. He caught the tiny swine and placed it on his shoulder, giving it a pat. "See? You're stuck with me through thick and thin, buddy."

Lessa beamed at Bajesus, fascinated by how expressive the mini familiar was. Though he couldn't speak, the system gave him such an explosive personality that he hardly had to. In that sense, the pig and Riker were very similar. She was only a touch disappointed when Swine Bajesus nuzzled a soft farewell and returned to his rightful owner. She'd been half-tempted to steal him, system be damned. Shame she didn't have any pockets that were big enough.

"Seems like he likes you, even if it's against his better judgement," Lessa commented thoughtfully, no longer fighting to stifle her smile. How could you, around something so adorable? And the player who accompanied the micro-pig wasn't all that bad, if she was forced to admit it. He appeared to have a decent head on his shoulders, and a sense of humor that she could appreciate. Of course, she'd been wrong before...

Shoving the thought aside, Lessa gave her shoulders a good roll. She noted, and enjoyed the way the new cloak's soft fabric billowed with the gentle movement. "I think I've regained all the energy I'm gonna get," she told Bahr. "I guess now is as good a time as any to check out that Lich."

Edited by Lessa

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," he mused, slightly disappointed the small talk was coming to an end. With a salute, Swine Bajesus retreated into its pocket home, warm and safe within the confines of Bahr's coat. With any luck, it would survive another battle. 

As they approached the clearing, Bahr silently pointed out the Lich King with his blade, then waving the piece of metal around to indicate the two skeletons that sat idly behind it. They were waiting for a challenger; a man, woman or child foolish enough to willingly place themselves between the teeth of the trap. "Soon as we get in there, they'll spring to life. If you've got any last minute preparations to make, I'd recommend you get to them now," he suggested, once again turning his attention to the mobs. Without another word, he stepped forward and into the makeshift arena.

Bang!

A red glint flashed in the Lich King's eyes as it smashed its greatsword against the cobble, a cue for the other mobs to spring into action. And so they did, a pair piling into the clearing from the barracks on either side while the pair of Skeletal Liches in the back readied their weapons and prepared for battle. All at once, the pressure of the situation smacked Bahr like a pissed off boomer nanny. His frenzied eyes darted from one foe to the next. They're too spread out... A breath caught in his throat. There's too many of them... The pace of his heart quickened, pupils dilating. A crooked grin stretched across his face as he rode the high of the adrenaline that had started pouring in, only fleetingly recalling what Lessa had proclaimed earlier.

I think we're on the same page. Take the Lich down, then mop up. Should be okay, with the two of us working together on it.

Nope.

It wasn't that her plan was bad, by any means. A new plan had occurred to Bahr, that was all. It would be more fun to save the best for last. After all, who is the happier man? He who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!”

And so he ran.

Past the Shambling Soldiers, past the Lich King, and even past the Skeletal Liches. He then ran circles around the clearing, doing everything in his power to draw the attention of every mob that existed within that space to him, focusing most of his attention toward the back of the arena. The Skeletal Liches did what they could to capture him, but there was no keeping up. It must have been difficult to act fast without any muscles or tendons to pull the strings of their tattered appendages. The Shambling Soldiers slowly made their way back as the Lich King stood on in abject confusion. Closer... Faster. Closer..! Even faster, until the thrill of speed overcame the fear of death. Now!

He came in as a scarlet blur, smashing the pommel of his weapon into one of the undead right between the eye sockets. It's brittle skull was instantly obliterated by the attack, and the resulting shock wave that rolled out from the point of impact annihilated the remaining three, petering out just before reaching the Lich King. Damn! the ivory-haired menace mentally jeered as the quartet of mobs burst into clouds of blue triangular pixels, each slowly dissipating into oblivion. 

"Now's your chance! Get him while he's hot!" he called out to Lessa with a wave. His plan had almost worked. Almost. If he had gotten only a few inches closer, he would have been able to stun the Lich King and leave it wide open for Lessa's followup assault. As it stood now, the ball was entirely in her court.

Spoiler

Encounter: Shambling Soldier 1
HP: 100 | DMG: 140
If not killed immediately, they will begin to attack each other.

Encounter: Shambling Soldier 2
If not killed immediately, they will begin to attack each other.

Encounter: Skeletal Lich 1
Dark Coil: Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Encounter: Skeletal Lich 2
Dark Coil: Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Encounter: Lich King
HP: 350 | DMG: 400
When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive, he heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

Spoiler

[H: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0] Lessa: HP: 700-329=371/700 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | THN: 18
[H: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 0] Bahr: HP: 680/680 | EN: 66-15=51/66 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Bahr used [x8 AoE Stun] Tempest-8 EN

Shambling Soldier 1: HP: 100-120=0/100 | DMG: 140 | ID: 122930 | BD: 4+3=7, Hit for 15x8=120 DMG | Shambling Soldier 1 defeated | -2 EN
Shambling Soldier 2: HP: 100-120=0/100 | DMG: 140 | ID: 122931 | BD: 5+3=8, Hit for 15x8=120 DMG | Shambling Soldier 2 defeated | -2 EN
Skeletal Lich 1: HP: 100-120=0/100 | DMG: 140 | ID: 122932 | BD: 3+3=6, Hit for 15x8=120 DMG | Skeletal Lich 1 defeated | -2 EN
Skeletal Lich 2: HP: 100-120=0/100 | DMG: 140 | ID: 122933 | BD: 6+3=9, Hit for 15x8=120 DMG | Skeletal Lich 2 defeated | -2 EN
Lich King: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 400 | ID: 122934 | BD: x | MD: 9, Crit for 401-72=329 DMG to Lessa (after her turn)
-15 ENERGY TOTAL ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Lessa could have sworn that the saying was "the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry," not "the best-laid plans of mice and men are often ignored completely and replaced by something entirely different without any sort of discussion whatsoever." Her jaw worked furiously as she watched her companion round up the mobs like an Australian Shepard herding cattle. So, was this a guy thing? Or just the guys she chose to associate herself with? So overcome by the desire to wreck havoc that they forget themselves, and plunge in head-first? Was this some sort of weird fetish thing? "Idiot," Lessa growled. "Idiot, idiot, idiot."

There were some other, less PG words too, but they were drowned out by the slap of Lessa's boots on stone. She felt Riker's presence at her side, matching her stride for stride, as the pair barreled toward the Lich. How long had it been since she had bore down on such a formidable foe? Her grip tightened around Hell Rose's hilt as she shifted it into position, readying for the impending attack. Is this where the love of combat was supposed to kick in? That wild rush of adrenaline, and love of slicing things up? Mostly, she was just pissed off. But perhaps that motivation would be enough, for now.

As much as it pained her to take orders from Bahr-the-idiot, she recognized that targeting the big boss made the most sense. Neither fighter knew just how much time they had before the mobs respawned, and if she could deal a damaging blow before then, they would stand a better chance. Hefting the Claymore over her right shoulder, Lessa gave a cry of anger, imagining her rage flooding the sword's blade. In response, the weapon took on a bright rose hue, gleaming dangerously as Galaxy Destroyer activated. Her muscles bunched, then trembled as she jumped, and sword struck skeleton.

All that remained was to land, and move aside for Bahr's attack. But as Lessa neared the ground, she found herself suddenly flung the other direction. The sensation was unlike anything she had ever experienced, in game or out of it, and put being thrown from a horse to shame. Her new cape fluttered uselessly as her limp body flew through the air, then came to rest an impressive distance away. Like a discarded rag doll, the woman remain crumpled among the stones. Riker, who appeared to have met the same fate, landed beside her. He was the first thing she looked for when her blue eyes finally fluttered open, and with a trembling hand, Lessa reached for her companion. "Long time since we took a hit like that," she half muttered-half gasped. Then, slowly, she climbed to her feet.

Spoiler

[H: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1] Lessa: HP: 371/700 | EN: 58/70 | DMG: 11 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | THN: 18 (-13 EN, +1)
[H: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 0] Bahr: HP: 680/680 | EN: 66-15=51/66 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Lessa used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer, -13 EN

ID# 122953 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 11 Loot: 5 MOB: 8 - Attack successful!

11 x 13 = 143 DMG to Lich King.

Shambling Soldier 1: HP: 100-120=0/100
Shambling Soldier 2: HP: 100-120=0/100
Skeletal Lich 1: HP: 100-120=0/100 
Skeletal Lich 2: HP: 100-120=0/100
Lich King: HP: 350/350 - 143 = 207/350 | DMG: 400 |

Edited by Lessa