[PP-05] New Start <<Butcher of the Sands>>

Kirbs tiredly dragged herself to the outposts of the town. She felt like she had just been dragged through hell and back and then slapped across a mountain. Everything felt so bad. Maybe that wasn't really such a good word to describe every damn thing in her life right now, but damn, it really felt bad. 

She couldn't lose any more people. The last person who made her genuinely happy is dead. The only reason she was fighting to get out of this game was dead. Why did she have to endure all of the stupid [doo doo] God is putting on her? 

They said that things always happen for a reason. By how was killing her best friend and one of the people who genuinely made her happy going to have a good impact?

No, she couldn't stand it. She couldn't lose anyone else. It didn't matter what she felt anymore, because she knew she would absolutely crushed if anyone else she knew had vanished, again.

Spoiler

LVL: 28 | HP: 560 | EN: 56 | 14+2= 16 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MT

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 4 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R5 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

> Concentration: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must declare use in roll purpose).

Equipped:

> T2- Bell's Cross: 3 ACC

> T2- Rose Thorns: 2 PAR, 1 BLEED

> T2- Chronograph: 2(4) REC, 1 (18) MIT

Athena's writer couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that Athena had found herself on floor five. The brunette was going to buy some materials and souvenirs for the kids. They had after all told her that they wanted something nice from higher floors. 

As long as it gave the children of the first floor rays of hope, Athena would deliver. That was when she stumbled upon a certain red head. The despair and disgust was clear in her eyes. The depression was setting in.

Athena instantly took to her side, letting out a noise, calling out to let the girl know she was there. She placed a hand on her shoulder, and spoke up, "Is everything okay?"

The thought of anyone going through depression like so many of the children she had helped, coursed through Athena. She knew how sadness in Aincrad felt, and she wanted to help however was going through trouble.

It wasn't often that Oscar found himself on Floor 5. After all, his house was on Floor 7 and his shop was on Floor 1. Not much reason to go anywhere else but there unless he was doing a quest. But today was different. He felt a little spontaneous today, with just a dash of wanderlust. He wanted to really take in the sights and enjoy himself today. The moment he stepped off of the teleportation platform, he instantly regretted the decision.

Floor 5 was hot. Being from Boston, Oscar loved the cold. The same could not be said for the heat. He absolutely loathed it. If he had the ability to sweat, he would have begun to do so as soon as the wave of torridity washed over him. But he was stubborn. Not only that, but he caught a glimpse of the fiery crimson hair that belong to his favorite depressed child, Kirbs. In spite of the hotness, Oscar followed her out to one of the Outposts. She looked absolutely destroyed. Had she slept at all? He wondered if she needed some company. Maybe that would move her just a bit in the right direction towards relief.

When she stopped, he approached and tapped her on the shoulder. He plastered his widest smile on his face, even though he was miserable in the baking sun. "Heya Kirbs! What brings you out here?" It was at this point he noticed the other girl trying to comfort the red-haired maiden. He gave her a polite nod in greeting. He would have like to warn her that Kirbs didn't take lightly to anyone needling her about her mental state, but that would have been rude to discuss in front of Kirbs. She'd learn quick though.

Hoo boy would she learn.

Spoiler

HP: 300 | EN: 30 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 18 | ID: 

Edited by Oscar

A jolt ran up her spine as an almost unfamiliar player's voice rang out. "H-huh?" She stuttered, whipping her head over to Athena. Athena? She hasn't seen her in a while... ever since she met Fuyuno, too. 

"I'm..." The redhead trailed off, a conflicted thought going through her head.

I can't lose any more people. No more, please.

Gulping down her fears, she put up- let's just say her 'old' smile-- on her face. "Y-yeah, I'm fine! Why do you ask?" She said nervously, fiddling with her fingers. She was tired. Tired of being looked down by everyone who thought they could help her. She just needed to make them think that she didn't need any help, then things would go back to normal. She wouldn't have to lose anyone anymore. 

Kirbs lifted her head tiredly to meet another person she didn't have quite the best history with. Her fingers trembled as she put on a convincing grin. "I'm fine, how about you?"

Athena knew the opposite was what Kirbs was feeling, but she would not push it any further. Some people just need their space, especially due to fact of last time I saw her... with Alec and Fuyuno. 

Athena removed her hand replying to Kirbs, "I'm alright..." She then nodded her head to the man that appeared seemingly out of nowhere. "Hello, I am Athena." She stuck out her hand to shake his. 

Athena was unknown about the fact that a lot of people in Sword Art Online were not liking the fact that some were friendly. Athena would just stick to her true self, her nurturing and friendly self. The very self that helped run the orphanage on floor one. "What's the name you go by here?"

Athena bit her lip, he had asked Kirbs what she was doing on this floor. Athena knew it was way out of her level range, but here she stood. Still and true to her nature of wanting the best for the kids.

Oscar grasped the woman's hand with a smile. It was always nice to meet new people. Especially ones that seemed to be so caring as this one. "Oscar. Real name and screen name. It's a pleasure to meet you." Oscar had been one of those guys who managed to score his actual name as his avatar's name at Character Creation. He preferred to go by his real name anyway and it just saved him a ton of trouble. People were leery about giving out something as innocuous as first names online, but that never made too much sense to him. There were about a billion people with the name Oscar in the world and even if he shared his location, there were still several thousand. No one could do anything with just his first name. 

Oscar turned his attention back to Kirbs. She seemed to be having a moment. Perhaps a distraction would be welcome here? He clapped Kirbs on the back and gave her a wide grin, choosing not to needle her further. "Yanno. I heard there was this quest to beat a crocodile man on this floor. Reckon the three of us could handle it?"

Her fingers twitched. 

"Yeah," She murmured. Could they take it on for sure, but she wasn't sure if she would be able to protect Oscar. She was definitely not going to let Athena get in on this mob, considering that this thing has an AOE attack, too.

She had done enough calculations for this boss already. If she were to hit every time, she should be able to kill it in two swoops, maybe even sooner if Oscar can pull anything off. 

"You're staying out of this fight," she said, turning her attention to Athena. "No questions. You're out." Her eyes briefly narrowed at the girl before turning to Oscar. 

"And you, you let me take the hits. This boss ignores a lot of enhancements, so just let me take the hits unless we need to switch."

Honestly, if she couldn't take the hits for this one mob, then she shouldn't be frekin' living.

Oscar... What a lovely name... Athena graciously shook the hand, the very hand she had held her own out to shake. Then she listened in on the conversation between the two. I am definitely not capable of a quest on this floor. Especially since i've done jack squat this entire two years in terms of leveling and quests... I'm still a puny level one... So....

Athena nodded her hand understandingly, "I can definitely get behind that. I think it's best if I stay out of the fight and let you two handle it. I was here to get some souveneirs for the kids, so maybe afterwards you could give me a hand in my aimless search? I have no idea to even begin looking!" Athena gave them a motherly kind of smile, one that was filled with as much warmth as the sun melting the snow during the spring time. She would want to help as much as she could, but she really wasn't the right level for it...

Oscar looked at his health bar. And then to Athena's. Then back to his. And back to Athena's. He had heard that this boss was supposed to be super strong. And Kirbs wanted to bring a level one along. Oscar wanted to say something about it but decided not to. He would have to make sure that she was sufficiently protected during the combat. Kirbs, being higher level would probably need to take the front lines, which would free Oscar up to hang back and protect Athena. He seemed like a kind person and he would very much prefer for her to not get one-shot by a quest boss. He let out a long sigh before locked eyes with Kirbs and grinning widely.

"I heard the boss spawns in an arena not too far from here. Shall we get going?"

If they were going to dive into this foolishness, best to dive in whole-heartedly. Otherwise, someone would get themselves killed. Or at least horribly maimed and injured.