[SP-09] Things Weren't Supposed to be like This <<The Iron Guardian>>

Kirbs dragged herself out of the shop. Things have been bad. Really bad. 

Why did the world hate her? Was it trying to make her lose her sanity one by one? Was she truly destined to feel like [doo doo] forever? Was she destined to be lonely forever? 

---

The tired redhead hopped off the teleport crystal as she had just encountered a person. An info broker? He began to explain to her the details of this quest. It didn't seem so hard, except for that part about travelling for two days. 

"Alright, I'll see what I can do, see you later," she mumbled, giving him a wave as she began to leave town. Scarfy seemed to have awoken from his nap and lifted his head tiredly. "We're going out for two days again," she mumbled, her eyes drooping from exhaustion. The Nguruvilu's eyes widened as he felt the so-and-so bad memories creep up on him. "Don't worry, it's not that quest."

- Tiger's Rage

Spoiler

LVL: 28 | HP: 560 | EN: 56 | 14+2= 16 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MT

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 4 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R5 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

> Concentration: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must declare use in roll purpose).

Equipped:

> T2- Bell's Cross: 3 ACC

> T2- Rose Thorns: 2 PAR, 1 BLEED

> T2- Chronograph: 2(4) REC, 1 (18) MIT

Kirbs lifted her legs-- which felt like lead, by the way-- as she stumbled across the desolate wasteland. Why, why, why-- why? Why did her life have to be like this? She had so many friends. Why did they all leave? ... Or was it her who left? She hugged herself tighter. 

Why did she do this to herself? She felt so... so... disgusting. Everything that's happened was because of her. This is all her fault.

Was any of the people she met really her friends? Her knees felt like jell-o when she thought about it. She still felt so lonely all the time, even with the people she 'loved'. Why? She just wanted people to be safe. The people she loved to be safe. Why can't she do anything right? Why can't she ever do anything right? Why was she so damn useless? She was horrible. She is horrible. 

She was despicable. 

She clutched the cross necklace with her right hand tightly. She made it to look exactly like Bell's. Kirbs laughed to herself softly as she remembered how he used to grip it so tightly in his hands...

She gripped it tighter. 

Gone.

That's what he was. Gone, just like the rest of her will to keep fighting. She was so... hopeless. Why was she even fighting now? She and Bell were supposed to make it out together. Now what was she supposed to do? She had no meaning in this life anymore. It was like all of her hopes and dreams were flushed down the toilet when she read his name on that damn wall. 

Why was she still going now? For revenge? Every bit of her body was drained. Her will. Her hopes. Her dreams. All of it was just gone. Why was she even alive anymore? What did she deserve to live for?

Every time she looked at the dark. She saw him. 

Bell.

Except-- he was mangled. Screaming at her. Begging for her. Pleading for her to come and save him. Shrieking at her for not being able to. Where was she? Where was she when he died? Laughing? Fighting? Being useless, again? She could feel the silver cross leaving dents in her fingers as she dug her hands together. 

How could she do anything anymore now that he was gone? Every step she took was so damn painful. She was alone. She was cold. 

She wondered.

Wondered where the bubbly, bright eyed redhead went. How was she the same person? Why did Evelyn seem so far off, now? She didn't feel like Kirbs or Evelyn, anymore. She felt like a husk of a body. An empty shell with nothing but a dying soul inside. A soul who lost its will. A soul who lost its fire.

Whenever she did anything, she felt so empty. Even when she was somewhat happy, like that time she had met Ike, she felt so... empty when she was laughing. Or was it just because she was thinking all depressed now? How could someone laugh when they're so empty? How could she laugh? Did she even have the right to be happy, anymore? It didn't feel like she did. 

"Why?" Her bottom lip trembled as she nearly collapsed. "Why did this have to happen to me? What did I ever do to deserve this?" She sobbed, her feet barely grazing the ground as she walked slowly and almost soundlessly to the destination. "I was supposed to be happy. I was always the happy one. What happened? Why did I have to go through this?" She was supposed to be the one cheering everyone up, not bringing them down..! What was the point of even trying to get out when everyone she loved in here hated her or is dead?

Her hands trembled as she closed her hand tighter around the cross necklace.

"Why, Bell?" She loosened her fist and turned the cross over, her eyes skimming over the engraved words. "Why did you have to die? We were supposed to make it out of here. Alive. We were supposed to see my brothers again. We were supposed to see out families again. We were supposed to be hanging out in the real world... and snort tea through our noses while playing video games... or... or- we could've had a future together!" She screamed, her hands letting go of the necklace and balling into fists at her side. 

"We could've had a future and been together..." she whispered, crumbling to her knees on the ground. "Why did you have to go?"

Please don't leave me alone. I can't be by myself anymore. Everything hurts when I think about you, but I don't want to forget you. Please... come back.

Dark swept by faster than she had expected, and [sugar honey iced tea]. 

She scrambled back to her wobbly feet and gulped. Where could she go now? She could try find a few spots near some magma pools like last time with Alec. 

"Shoot," she muttered, darting to the nearest source of light she could find, which was a not so nearby magma pool. She huffed as she collapsed on to a nearby rock. "'Frick," she hissed, hugging her knees together as she glanced at the sky feverishly. She hated this floor. It was always dark. Too dark. She'll see him in such a deformed state if she kept looking at it. She pulled her eyes back to the bubbling hot magma and breathed heavily.

He's not there, she kept telling herself. It was all an illusion played by her damn head! She wasn't seeing him. She wasn't seeing him. It wasn't him!

Not here, not here, not here. Not. Here.

She was going crazy. Every time. Every damn time she looked at the frekin' dark, all she could see was Bell's screaming face. 

Her breath hitched in her throat as she stared into the pitch black abyss. Why couldn't she look away? Look away, look away, look away! Why? Why?! 

His mouth was moving. She couldn't hear anything anymore. Everything was silent. Why was it so silent? 

"Please, go away!" She screamed, clutching her spear close to her head. "I can't stand it anymore. I don't know what to do!"

Clang.

Metal? She looked up. Bell?

No. 

It was some sort of metal mob, probably pertaining to the quest she was doing. She let out a shrill laugh as she jumped up from her place, dashing at it with such velocity, it was almost a blur. She swung her spear at the knight, slicing it right in half.

ID: 122671

BD: 5+3=8, Success

CD: 12=4 EN

16x6=80

72-80= 0 HP

Kirbs: HP: 548/560 | EN: 56/56 | 16 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MIT -12 HP [THORNS]

The iron knight didn't make any sound as she ripped it in one clean slash. It just stared at her with a blank expression before it burst into pixels in the air. 

Kirbs looked at the small red gash on her arm. When did she get hurt by it? 

Her crimson eyes bore into the mesmerizing pattern. It was... pretty. Her thoughts snapped back to her as the wound closed up. Ah, right. Out of combat healing. 

560/560All HP Regained 

PLACEHOLDER