[PP-F2] Crap, She's Back! <<Return of the Queen>>

"WHADDYA MEAN, 'SHE'S BACK'!?!?" Reacted a surprised Vigilon to his informant, Akudo. The cloaked green player held up his hands, signaling for Vigilon to calm down. "E-easy now, bud... It's just...after a certain time, whenever a Wasp Queen is killed, a far stronger form of her will spawn. The only reason why that would be a higher priority boss would be that newer players may mistake it for the original, weaker Wasp Queen. That's why I said it was kind of urgent." The informant got up, ready to head over to his next destination. "I'll cut the cost of this intel down to 50 col 'cause you're my friend. You...may want to find a suitable ally or two if you're that worried about it." Vigilon handed over the col to Akudo. "Thanks for telling me this, bud." Akudo nodded, and he would leave. Vigilon also left the tavern, there had to be someone at or near his level, willing to take on a Wasp Queen on steroids...

@Kirbs @Alec

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  31
HP:  620
EN:  72(Base[60], Energist[10])
Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills:

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Mods:

Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Sword Arts)

Alec happened to be walking down the streets of the Second Floor of Aincrad letting his feet once more carry him where they would as he let his mind wander freely, the Second Floor was not a floor he frequented very often when he suddenly saw someone he recognized Vigilon the man he had bought his first shield from and whom he had just fought on the same team with during the last Event of the 22nd Floor. The other man stepped out of an unmarked door in a random building on an unassuming street of the floor. “Vigilon! Hello there.” The large man called out in his deep baritone rumble as he approached. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you out other than in your shop and at that last Event where we happened to be teammates. What brings you to the Second Floor?” Alec asked cheerfully as he looked down to the smaller man with a small smile quirking the corner of his perpetual scowl.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

Alec Lvl: 41

HP:  900/900 | EN:  82/82 | DMG: 10 | MIT:  134 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 18 | THN: 46 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT

SKILLS: 

Block: Rank: 1 (Novice) - 5 MIT

Fighting Spirit (+ 1 Hate)

Battle Healing: Rank 2 (Journeyman) - (Heal 1% per rank of max HP each round)

Howl: Adds +2 Hate each against up to 4 targets. - 8 Energy

Battle Axe (1 Hand): Rank 3 (Expert)

Heavy Armor: Rank 5 (Grand Master) -  35 MIT

[Rank 5 Heavy Armor Mod] Stonewall

• Cost: 15 SP
  • Effect: Gain 10 MIT and (15 * Tier) HP when wearing heavy armor. Reduces damage taken from damage over time effects (Bleed, Burn, etc.) by 25% (rounded down) when wearing heavy armor. -1 to Evasion.
  • Description: It's as if your armor has melded to your skin, adding a thickened layer and increasing endurance.

Familiar Mastery: Rank 3 - Healing - (Rank*15*Tier HP) - 5 rounds cool down (90 HP)

Survival: Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.

Meditation (No SP invested yet)
Cost: 8 SP
Active: Post action
Cooldown: 3 Turns
Effect: Recover an additional (5 * Tier) energy. Getting hit by an attack before the beginning of your next turn reduces the energy recovered to (3 * Tier).
Description: The waterfall has enhanced your mind, allowing you to slip into a meditative state for a brief moment, regaining strength.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<Calming the Soul>>.

HOUSING BENEFITS:

Rested:

-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat

Relaxed: 

Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Filling:

Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30

Col Stash: 

+5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Squeaky Clean: 

The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)

ATP:

Col Deposit:
+5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

EQUIPPED ITEMS:

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Forearm Axe

BATTLE READY ITEMS:

- Luck Stone

- Name: Snack of the comforting
  Item Type:Snack
  Tier: 1
  Quality: Perfect
  Enhancements: HP recovery
  Description: When eating this tasty snack it increases the users health through the power of comfort food to make the wounds heal.

Spoiler

CONSUMABLES USED:

Name: Cassoulet
Item Type: Meal
Tier: T1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +50 Overhealth
Description: A comfort dish of slowly stewed white beans mixed with a sausages, pork, and other assortment of meats available in the kitchen.
Quantity: 1 MABLES USED:

(1) Material improvement
Item Type: Potion
Tier: 2
Quality: rare
Enhancements: mitigation x2 

Immolation Potions

Effect: When used, successful non-critical attacks against you deal 10 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy.  Effect lasts for one thread.

Edited by Alec

Kirbs shoved her hands into her pockets, the feeling of her necklace clinking against her chest seeming to be the only thing that was keeping her sane. "Be... happy..!" She mumbled, narrowing her eyes as she stared daggers at the ground. "Just be happy. Happy, happy, happy," the redhead repeated, her fingers twitching. 

Everyone would just be happier if she acted more happier. People wouldn't leave her anymore if she was just more easier to be around, right? So much less pain if she was happier, right? 

She stopped dead in her tracks and her breath immediately hitched as she recognized a familiar voice ring through the air. She lifted her head, and of course, the closest thing she had to  father figure in the game was there. Next to him was someone she faintly remembered from the Christmas Party a while ago. Krysta's significant other or something like that. She coulnd't relate. 

Spoiler

LVL: 28 | HP: 560 | EN: 56 | 14+2= 16 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MT

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 4 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R5 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

> Concentration: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must declare use in roll purpose).

Equipped:

> T2- Bell's Cross: 3 ACC

> T2- Rose Thorns: 2 PAR, 1 BLEED

> T2- Chronograph: 2(4) REC, 1 (18) MIT

It wasn't long before Vigilon would be approached by a familiar tank. It was Alec, the man who had struggled alongside him during the Event battle back on floor 22. Such memories...that would surely be triggered by the mention of fish people, or something like that. Alec would ask what he was doing on the second floor. "I sometimes go to the lower floors to help out newer players, but in this case, my informant had something to tell me..." Another player would be near when Vigilon would begin his explanation. "So, according to Akudo, my informant, the field boss known as the Wasp Queen, after a certain period of time, will respawn, much more powerful than the last time. He said that it was powerful enough to be a tough opponent to tier two players, so I had just left in search of allies. I doubt there will be more than one status-ailment inducing creature on the battlefield this time, if you're interested in helping me take this oversized bug down...a second time, that is."

@Alec @Kirbs

Alec listened to Vigilon as he explained his situation nodding his head as he ended. “Sure I’d be glad to help out with the Wasp Queen again especially if it’s going to be a bit rougher like you say.” The large heavily muscled Tank said in his deep baritone rumble as he held out his hand in offering a hand shake to the other man. “Do you have any other information on this new and improved Queen so we’re not going in blind like we did on that last Event Boss. Stupid Fish F’ers and their stupid Paralyze ability.” The large man grumbled irritably with a scowl. “ As long as this new Queen doesn’t Paralyze I’m in to Tank her if you’d like.” The large man offered as he looked down to the other man awaiting his response. Alec looked past the smaller man and spotted another smaller red headed form some distance away. The large man quietly made contact with the young woman and offered her a nod of his bald head and a faint twitch of a smile at the corner of his perpetual scowl. 

@Kirbs

Edited by Alec

The Wasp Queen? Her head tilted in confusion. Hadn't she done this quest a long, long, long time ago? She shuddered. Another bigger and stronger version? God, this was going to be the death of her. 

She looked down at her feet as she gave a meek wave to Alec. She didn't want to lose him, too. "Just be happy, happy, happy," she muttered under her breath. "No one is going to leave you anymore if you're just happy," she whispered one last time to herself as she looked up at the players.

"H-hey, how's it going, you two?" She chirped, pulling off a convincing smile. She turned over to Vigilon and nodded. "I think I met you a bit ago. Kyrsta's boyfriend, yeah? I don't think she talks about me but my name is Kirbs!" She held out her hand for a handshake. "I'd totally be down to help, too! I think I can do quite a hefty blow to the thing if nothing gets in the way!" 

Vigilon accepted the handshake with Alec, but he began to sweat a little when he realized he was going to have to break it to the big guy. "Uhhhhh about that...before Akudo told me that it was The Wasp Queen that the boss was, he told me that...the boss has a paralysis venom within a sharp stinger. That's what begged the question, and then he revealed to me what the boss was. So...at least it's not a whole bunch of baddies that can all paralyze!" He told the truth, but the risk was potentially losing the tank. the two players were spoken to by a player who introduced herself as Kirbs. Vigilon shook her hand as he said, "Yup, that's me, I'm Krysta's boyfriend. My name's Vigilon, nice to meet you, Kirbs. Sure, I've got room for another party member, we can take on this big bug as a team!"

@Alec @Kirbs

"Heya Kirbs. How are you doing today?" The large man asked with a mild bit of concern touching his voice and a raised eyebrow being the only changes to his normally stern face and perpetual scowl. The large heavily muscled began to reach a hand out to place it reassuringly on the young red heads shoulder, then seemed to ponder this idea and think better of it, changing his mind. His hand lingering in mid air for a moment before dropping back to his side limply. As the large man heard Vigilon mention that the Boss did have a Paralysis effect he let out a derp sigh as he quickly opened up his inventory and began poking in mud air rearranging his equipment. "I freaking HATE Paralyze." The large man grumbled under his voice as he finished his changes and closed his inventory with a nod. "So I really need to apologise to you." The large man said as he looked away from Kirbs to Vigilon. That last Event was my first one ever if we're being completely honest with each other and I screwed up. I went in thinking like the solo Player ice been mostly and not like a Tank and a team player. I had an item in my inventory that I never put in my Battle Ready Items that would have kept me from being Paralyzed at all. I won't make that mistake this time and for my screw up I am very sorry! I failed you and Stryder and put both your lives at risk, but I won't make that mistake again." The large man promised as he held up a shard of onyx held with a leather braid that gave a palpable aura of aggression. "My damage will be bill but I'll keep Hate and not be Paralyzed. With this new bit of knowledge I'll give you a chance to rethink inviting me into your group, and if you change your mind I will completely understand and not hold it against you." The large man finished as he crossed his arms across his massive chest and waited for the other man's answer.

@Kirbs

Amulet of Unrestrained Hate added to Battle Ready Items

"Ah, I see," she nodded, forcing a smile on to her face. Boyfriend, huh? Couldn't relate. The closest person she's had to a boyfriend in the last two years was dead.

"Nice to meet you, too, and thank you," she cleared her throat as she look away from him. 

"I'm doing good, and you?" She chuckled, trying to blink away the tiredness from her eyes. She couldn't let them figure anything out. Be happy, was her motto. She wasn't sure how much more she could stand acting it, but if it made other people happy, then that was all that really mattered. Kirbs' eyes drifted away from the two as Alec started to talk about some battle she was never really there for, so she didn't really try to initiate conversation with it.

Wasp Queen, huh? Now that she thought about it, it was actually one of the first quests she's actually ever done. What was the lad's name that she did it with? Black? She wondered how he was doing nowadays. She hasn't heard from him in a good bit.

The tank sighed when he heard that the boss indeed had a Paralysis ability. He noted that he really hated Paralysis. "Yeah, I don't like it either...when it happens to us. I mean, I do like that as a result, we can still inflict status ailments on most of the monsters we encounter, though some have a freaking resistance to it. Why is it that there are plenty of monsters and bosses that have all these unique abilities, while there are almost none of those in our equipment? It really bothers me these days..." The tank would apologize, stating that he was used to soloing monsters, rather than working alongside a team. "It's alright, I guess we've all had our share of those moments. I messed up by thinking my Area of Effect attack was going to do any good, and with a weapon that brings out taunt, that's where I really messed up there, gaining nothing but hate from that mistake. I remember when Krysta was with me during a different event, and she was in the healer position. She was so used to attacking monsters that didn't do enough damage to push her into healing..." Kirbs seemed to be uncomfortable. "Hey, Kirbs, are you alright?"

@Alec @Kirbs

"I'm not doing too bad." The large heavily muscled Tank said as he glanced down at the young red head. It seemed fairly obvious that she still wasn't right but hopefully faking the funk would help her begin to eventually heal for real. After all, a very wise man had once said 'be careful who you pretend to be. Because in the end you are who you pretend to be.' The large man thought to himself remembering the words he had heard so long ago. "You've got me there." The large man said as he shifted his attention to Vigilon. "I honestly know absolutely nothing about video games myself. But Miss Kirbs here is a wiz from what I've gathered from talking to her. Maybe she could answer that question." Alec stated in his deep baritone rumble as he once more shifted his gaze back to the young red head with a raise of his eyebrows I'm earnest interest of her answer.

@Kirbs

Kirbs hummed, looking back up at Vigilon-- or more like, looked kind of sort of down. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry," she said, averting her eyes back to Alec.

"The question?" She mumbled, blinking. She wracked through her brain and pieced together some information she couldn't really help but overhear. "Ah, that," she scratched her chin. 

"Well..." she gulped, furrowing her brows. She hadn't really had a decent conversation with someone in so long. The last time she ever really talked to someone was when she was arguing with Kityuisa... or more like screaming at her really. She didn't want to talk anymore, but she had too. 

"I suppose it's really because we have the advantage of numbers," she shrugged, not really finding a better answer than that. "Sure, we might not have the unique abilities that the other mobs possess, but we do have strength in numbers, I guess? Even if they do have more numbers, I'm sure Kayaba wouldn't be a total arse and make it so their stats are far superior to us," she concluded, her eyes darkening as a reoccurring thought crept up on her mind. "But life isn't fair, because we still have bastard players who exploit their superior stats."

Turns out, Alec hadn't been in a game before, based on the words he'd said. "This...this is your first game? Well...that ought to...be quite the experience..." Vigilon had a feeling that it might hinder the tank from doing any further games, due to the nature of this first one he's going through to have malevolent secrets, such as being a game that traps its players, killing them off if their HP levels ever drop to zero. "Somehow, one thing I've noticed, is that this game seems to be trying to imitate life, in a way. Sure, Kayaba tried to play god and all, but in the end, his design..is starting to make sense. He wants this game to combine the worlds and realms of fantasy RPGs with the harshness and mortality of reality...man, it's kind of strange, yet it fits together. Through the NerveGear, we were literally thrown into a new world, and we still have the risk of death, despite being more empowered than we would be in real life..." Kirbs brushed off Vigilon's question with an "I'm fine, don't worry"...but her current demeanor wasn't doing her any favors. He would refrain from asking about her condition any longer, but he knew that something was up, he couldn't tell exactly, so he may have to keep his guard up. Kirbs answered the question that Alec had been unable to, and quite the response it was. "Do you mean killers, who have lost their sanity, that now take pleasure in reducing our chances of escaping this game by killing innocent people?"

@Alec @Kirbs

Alec let out a derp low chuckle of true amusement at the other man's shocked comments. '"I'm sorry. I forgot we've never actually talked. Truly talk have we Vigilon." The large man said as a genuine smile began to creep into his normally stern features. "No. I am in no possible description of the phrase a video gamer. Don't get me wrong I've played a game or two with my son Danny. Call of Duty, Football some of those. My son Danny is the 'Gamer' in my family." The large man said using air quotes. "I stumbled upon s promo code to buy the game while at work and bought it for my sun. But since he was only 14 on opening day i refused to let him play till I could at least look it over first. I told him an hour wouldn't kill him up miss. Do when everything happened I was the one stuck in here instead of him. So you all are stuck with me instead of my boy. But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way." The large man finished his tone growing more serious as he ended his gaze slipping between the young man and the young red head. "But hey. Whether they feel the same as me or not. I've met some amazing people here who have made my life better for knowing them and I only hope to have given back and helped enrich their lives the way they've enriched mine.'" Alec finished as his gaze momentarily dropped to the young red head as a flash of pain and sorrow raced across his features before bring replaced with his stern visage and perpetual scowl. "So that's my story."

@Kirbs

Kirbs stared Vigilon dead in the eyes for a few seconds, unsure of how she should reply before shrugging. "Sure, that's what I meant." The whole thing really made her question some things, though. What was Pinball's motive? And that other guy? Bjarni or something? What was he after? She's never really heard to this Bjarni dude in her whole life, so he couldn't be a really high leveled player. She thought Ike was strong enough to defend himself... apparently not. She couldn't trust anyone to protect themselves anymore. 

Kirbs forced her eyes down to her hands as she listened to Alec. "Yeah," she hummed, her cheeks puffing up slightly as she contained a yawn. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" She said abruptly, nodding her head to the town exit. "Let's get going before it gets dark," she chirped, clearing her throat again before looking back the two players.

Alec would admit that he was not a gamer, that it was his son who was the gamer, originally going to be the one to enter this game. Alec simply wanted to make sure it good for him first, and in doing so, he took his son's place on the danger line. "Hey, that's completely fine. I guess one way we could put our current situation, is that we are at war with the bosses of Aincrad, as well as their minions, the monsters. Each player that logged in unwittingly put themselves on the danger line, and now we can't turn back until the task is done. I wonder...does kayaba enjoy playing god while the cardinal handles everything that's going on, or will he one day see what he has done? Either way, we shouldn't give up, especially not now." Kirbs decided to just go with Vigilon's guess, and was ready to set out. "Yeah, you're right, we should get going before some weaker players mistake the stronger boss for the Wasp Queen's weaker form!"

@Alec @Kirbs

"Sounds good to me." The large man announced as he set off and began walking towards the towns main gate as he pulled out his Cassoulet meal and began munching on it as they made their way through town. When the heavily muscled man had finished he felt refreshed and recharged as his maximum hit points began to rise. The large man then popped out a pair of potions gulping them down quickly causing his Mitigation level to rise and finally as he drank down his Immolation Potion he felt that familiar warm tingling feeling as his skin took on the fevered flush that indicated that the potion had taken effect. Having completed his buffing Alec smiled to the pair. "Well. O think I'm about ready." The large man stated with a solid nod. "Vigilon this is your quest lead the way Sir." The large man stated with a wave of the hand and quick nod to the young red head. One of these days he was going to have to take Kirbs sit her down and force her talk. She was never going to get better if she kept everything bottled up inside her. It would fit and fester and only get worse if she didn't get it out in the open and deal with it Alec thought to himself as he fell into line with the small group and continued walking.

@Kirbs

"I'm all ready to go!" She chimed, her smile faltering for a few seconds before she sniffed and pointed to the beyond. "Let's go!" 

God, was it tiring to keep up this damn act. How long was she going to force herself to be like this? Until she died? Until the game ended? What if someone died again? What if someone that made her feel just a tiny bit of happiness, died? In the blink of an eye? She shuddered and felt goosebumps rise on her arms. She couldn't help but nibble on her nails as more thoughts filled her head. 

What if they got murdered again? She couldn't have that. She couldn't deal with the unbearable pain anymore. Everything would be so monotone-- if it wasn't already-- if someone died again. Life would feel so damn pointless if someone died again.

No, no, no. She wasn't going to let it happen. She would rather die herself than have another person in her life vanish.

Alec stuffed himself with some consumables as to prepare for the fight, and the players would be on their way. Vigilon noticed that something was clearly wrong, for Kirbs seemed to show nothing but nervous expressions, including nail-biting. This couldn't be good. Something was very wrong, but it wouldn't do the party any good to ask any further. After some time, Vigilon would spot something in the distance. Two large bees were heading in the party's direction, and their cursors turned red, the yellow borders also appearing. "Wait, these are quest targets??" It seemed that the party would have to fight through these creatures before heading on to face the queen, for maybe it was her minions that were getting in their way. Vigilon attempted to strike one of them with All Might, but the targeted bee minion dodged the attack swiftly, and the second one managed to sting from behind. When Vigilon saw how much his HP dropped, he knew he was going to need someone to get these insects off of him quickly!

@Alec @Kirbs

ID# 122279 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

ID# 122282 MD: 4-1=3(Miss)

ID# 122283 MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

[0]Vigilon: HP 512/620EN 70/72, 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 REC | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | PAR | T1 Bleed

[0]Alec: ?????????????????????

[0]Kirbs: ?????????????????????

Enemies:

Bee Minion 1: HP 250/250, 125 DMG, 25 MIT

Bee Minion 2: HP 250/250, 125 DMG, 25 MIT

Edited by Vigilon

Alec watched as Vigilon spotted a pair of large bees and dashed of attacking one but missing it in his haste. Then both bees instantly attacked the small man. That was odd the large Tank thought to himself usually the monsters attacked last. This was obviously something different for this fight, which meant Alec knew exactly what he needed to do. The large heavily muscled Tank stepped forward and activated his Howl ability against both of the Bee minions. "Hey! Bugs! Get over here and quit bugging my friend!" The large man bellowed as he threw his thickly muscled arms out wide making himself a gigantic target for the two insects as he stepped forward and raised his shield Mirror's Embrace up in front of himself to defend against the pair of bees as they started towards the large man buzzing loudly. Alec stood ready his shield held up and his vanity Battle Axe held loosely in his other hand by his side ready to attack when a chance presented itself.

@Kirbs

[0]Vigilon: HP 512/620EN 70/72, 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 REC | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | PAR | T1 Bleed

[4|4]Alec: HP:  900/900 | EN:  75/82 | DMG: 4 | MIT:  134 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 18 | THN: 46 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | Para Immune | 2 Taunt

[0]Kirbs: ?????????????????????

Enemies:

Bee Minion 1: HP 250/250, 125 DMG, 25 MIT

Bee Minion 2: HP 250/250, 125 DMG, 25 MIT