[PP-F1] The Power of Alchemy <<Earning A Living>>(Alchemist)

Astralin had learned of an NPC Alchemist named Evangeline Calora, who was capable of teaching players on how to become alchemists themselves. She wanted to make her own potions, she wanted to tap into this profession. Not all mages did so, but many would indeed tap into the mysteries of alchemy and potion-making. "I am SO excited about this!" She thought aloud. She would continue on the Town of Beginnings's streets, looking for the shop where she could learn to become an alchemist. Alchemy, Supportive abilities, the power of the hand...technically fist, but the point remained. She would indeed become a mage of sorts...someway, somehow. Maybe one day, they could all see that, in a makeshift way, it would be possible to be considered a mage. She had heard about various enhancements, not to mention that there were potions that, although didn't affect stats, had some interesting effects, such as hair color change, eye color change, and more besides those basic ones.

@Pisces @Pleue

Xander had made his way into the town of beginnings once again. His sword on his back and his formal outfit made him look like a fancy man, but contrary to their conceptions, he was far less than fancy. As he ran through the town he did flips and tricks until he spots a girl. Doing all this work made him want to sit in a tavern and take a fine drink. He laughs a little, pulling himself up the stairs to greet the woman. “Why hello there. I’m Pisces.” He smiles, reaching out to shake her hand. “I’m on my way to try and get that alchemist profession, I wanna open a tavern. Wanna come with me?” He asks, pointing at his face with his thumb.

He turns to start walking and looks back to see if she follows. She seems like someone who could be cool, but until I get to adventure with her I don’t know. He smiles at the thought of a new adventure.

@Pleue

Charlotte bounced around on one foot childishly as the jar of saltwater and well-- her familiar-- lifted up and down along her waist. "A-ah, sorry about that, Reddle. Didn't mean to scare you," she mumbled, unhooking the jar from her waist. She held the jar of water up to her face and cooed. "Bah, you're so cute!" The brunette exclaimed, giggling. "Too bad I name you after my brother, though," she deadpanned, lowering the jar for a bit. "Oh God, he's going to name his familiar after me now!"

The brunette looked up from her position and laughed nervously. What a dunce. She was practically in front of two people already. Reddle cooed from inside of his jar and she was quick to snap it back to her waist. "U-uh, hello there!" She squeaked, her voice rising a few octaves as she gave them a meek wave. "Nice day we're having, r-right?"

Astralin was starting to walk up the stairs as someone came by and greeted her. He introduced himself as Pisces, which invoked a reaction from Astralin. "Pisces? I know a Pisces! She's one of my friends from the real world!" my, how she just simply blurted things out... The player said that he was hoping to become an alchemist and open up a tavern. "That makes some sense, I've heard of all kinds of places being used for one's profession. I'm hoping to become an alchemist, too, and if i'm lucky, I'll open shop in a tower, with a window that lets all the starlight in! Sure, I'll go with you!" There was another player hopping along the road who found herself speaking to her familiar, and she became a bit nervous when she noticed she was right in front of the two. "It does seem like a nice day we're having at the moment. Pisces and I were just about to head over to Evangeline Calora's shop so that we may learn how to become Alchemists! Would you like to tag along? Oh, where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Li- A-Astralin! My name is Astralin."

@Pisces @Pleue

“Well Hi Li- A-Astralin!” He smiles brightly, making a joke about how she almost said her real name. “What’s it like French or something?” He asks, walking towards the stairs he climbed up to greet the lady. A new person had introduced herself and Xander smiled. “Ooh, a newbie. What’s that you’re talking to? Looks like a cuttlefish to me.” He says, smiling like he knows more about the subject. Keeping it in a jar that small’s gotta suck for the little guy. He reaches out to shake the younger girl’s hand and chuckles a bit. “The weather’s great today, but nothing’s better than a good drink on a fine day like this one.” He puts his hands into his pockets and starts walking towards the town exit. “We should get a move on if we want to get this done before the end of the day.” He says to the ladies before walking on.

@Pleue

"H-huh? You mean Reddle?" She ask with a dumbfound expression as she looked down at the jar on her waist.

"Well, cuttlefish are actually part of the mollusca phylum, where axolotls, which is what Reddle here is, is kind of more related to what a salamander is. Axolotls are basically water salamanders that live in Mexico," she shrugged, giving in to her big brain fart. "There is a lot of other cool facts about this kinds of things," she continued, patting the side of her jar with  grin. "Like how axolotls mean water dog or something like that in Spanish or that they could basically regrow entire limbs. Entire. Limbs! Do you know what I could do if I could regrow limbs? I can basically just sell my limbs on the black market and make a whole hell ton of money and-"

She cut herself off as she realized that they were starting to leave. "O-oh wait, where are we going?"

This Pisces was definitely a different kind of person. He joked on how she almost said her real name. "No, it's not french." She said as she crossed her arms and gave him a slight scowl. "I simply haven't introduced myself by my username as much as almost everyone else." Pisces would then speak to the younger player, who hadn't introduced herself, not that Astralin minded. Pisces asked her if it was a cuttlefish that her familiar was. The answer came out in major detail, and it was clear to Astralin that the girl was quite interested in the topic of what her familiar was, and although she let out more info than Astralin expected, she let the girl continue until the interruption that was Pisces...going the wrong way. "Hey, doesn't that lead to the exit? don't we have to go to Evangeline's shop for the quest?" She called out to him. "Come on, the shop is this way!" She said as she gestured for Pisces to follow. She looked to the girl. "You're welcome to tag along if you'd like!"

@Pisces @Pleue

The younger girl drops a large amount of information in a very short amount of time, and Xander feels a bit overwhelmed. She explained so much that he didn’t ask about and then she started spewing more facts and to be honest the man was a tad bit annoyed. “We’re going to do the quest to get the alchemy profession.”  He answers politely as he walks down the stairs. Suddenly Astralin, the older girl calls out to him, explaining that he was going the wrong way. Xander stopped, she was right. The NPC was that way, but Xander had already grabbed the quest and was headed to do it when he saw them. “Oh, yeah you’re right.” He smiles innocently walking back up the stairs and over to the girl. “Lead the way ma’am.” He chuckles rubbing the back of his hair. Ugh, I gotta walk all the way back over to the lady and talk to her again? Man...

Once they started moving, Xander would walk behind them and pay attention to the world they passed as they moved. Why was everyone in such a rush to escape? Of course there was the whole die here die in real life thing, but that was true in real life. This world was way more fun than the real one, and Xander wouldn’t get jumped for standing up to bullies here either.

Maybe this world is too unrealistic.

@Pleue @Astralin

"O-oh, alright. I'm down for that!" She chirped, following after the two.

"Oh yeah," she face palmed herself. "My name's Pleue. It's kind of pronounced like 'ploo', but it's kind of spelled like P-L-E-U-E. It's just a small inside joke me and my brother have," she chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. 

"It kind of reminds you of the color blue, huh? Blue is such a pretty color," she continued, already starting to ramble. "It's one of the colors of the rainbow! I was such a dumb kid when I was little. I remember I used to mix both yellow and orange when it came to the order of the rainbow. Yeah, my brother always called me a dunce for that and he still keeps bringing it up. Speaking about rainbows, I also never really saw the difference between violet and indigo, like, they're both shades of purple or something like that, right? Or is violet? Purple, violet, what's the freaking difference?"

Astralin would lead the way when the two players agreed to follow her. The girl would introduce herself as Pleue, and give the username's pronunciation and origin. "Aw, that's such a cute name!" The girl began to speak for a bit once again, but at least the conversation would keep the trip interesting. "Well, from what I know, I would say that Indigo is a mix between blue and one of those two other colors. Sometimes it looks purple, other times it looks like violet, but I guess that they just inaccurately state it as violet every time. The different kinds of purple seem to be brighter, and the varieties of Violet seem to be darker. For all I know, they could actually be the same color, just placed into two categories to separate the lighter shades from the darker ones. I currently wear both purple and violet myself." She would give a quick twirl, feeling the flow of her new light armor/garment, recently purchased from a shop. "The dress itself is dark violet, but the light armor vest sewn onto it is a royal purple."

It wasn't long before the players reached the place where Evangeline Calora was...which was apparently a tent. An elderly female NPC would come out of the tent, and see Astralin heading her way. "Hello Dear, I see you are in need of a profession, may I interest you in Alchemy?" She smiled sweetly as she held small vial of rainbow colored liquid pulsating in her hand. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." She beckoned Astralin into her tent to show her the way she crafted, her movements being very elegant and precise, her age showed that she was very wise in what she was doing. "Now, I can teach you all about it sweetie, but I seem to have ran out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting, would you be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five, and I can help you on your way!" She smiled a sweet smile, she seemed to be happy someone wanted to follow in on her noble profession. "I'll be back soon!" She would say once she pressed accept on her quest notification. She turned to the other players. "Well, time to cross town again to leave the safe zone! I um...hope you don't mind me staying close, I have yet to become skilled with a weapon skill. I have one in mind, but I have to unlock it first..."

@Pisces @Pleue

“Why hello Pleue, such a creative name. I’m Pisces.” He smiles, keeping on walking. Pisces listened closely, trying to follow the explosion of more information he didn’t entirely ask for, when suddenly she brings up rainbows and the colors, Xander laughs and looks at the two girls. “Indigo and Violet are on the same end of the spectrum, a rainbow being the entire visible light spectrum means that Indigo and Violet aren’t so different. Indigo is a more bluish purple meanwhile Violet is a much more pure purple.” He says, walking through town and towards the gate, the edge of town coming into view rather quickly while Xander holds onto his thought. Once the reach the edge of the town, Xander steps out into the field, bending down and looking for a plant to see if he can find a material for the quest. “That means that Indigo and Violet are both purple, but more specific. The only reason we see them as different is because they are opposite sides of purple.” He smiles back at the two, standing up and walking further.

Spoiler

ID: 122459

LD: 6 (fail)

0/5 total materias

@Pleue @Astralin

Edited by Pisces

"I don't get why there can't just be a purple and a blue, though," Pleue exclaimed, her brows furrowing. "That's just my opinion, though," she mumbled, yawning. 

"Yawns-" she started, blinking away the tears before using her sleeve to wipe them off, "did you know that you are more likely to yawn if you see another person yawn? I heard that it even works on some animals like dogs! Oh, oh, oh, and I've always wondered why people cry after they yawn. It's not like anyone is really is purposely crying either, right?" She asked, turning her head to Pisces and Astralin. "So I always wondered, why is that? My brother, like the knowledgeable twat he is, thinks it's like, condensation forming in your eyes or something like that? Does that even make any sense?" She asked herself, starting to mumble now. "Or- what if he is right? Oh God, I'd feel like such an idiot if he was right! Imagine if he starts bragging this into my face. Oh, God, that'd be really bad..."

Astralin would hear Pisces's thoughts on the colors indigo, blue, and violet as they made their way out of the safe zone. No, she was sure of it. Blue transitioned to indigo, indigo transitioned to purple, and purple transitioned to violet. While the rainbow had all the colors, the traditional seven that were noted were often red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and either purple or violet would come last. This Pisces didn't seem to have studied light enough. He was almost nothing like the Pisces that Astralin knew, judging from the current experience with this player. "You can't be serious." She decided. "Indigo and purple are not the same. You do see the pattern that the rainbow makes with its colors, right? Red is followed by orange, which is also followed by yellow. Red and yellow make orange. Green comes after yellow, and is followed by blue. Yellow and blue make green. Indigo comes after blue, and is followed by either purple of violet. Blue, when mixed with either purple or violet, makes indigo. Primary, mix, primary, mix, primary, mix, primary. That is the rainbow's order with its colors." She continued to search as she explained her point.

Pleue would become curious as to how yawning and crying worked. Astralin gave a yawn and said, "Careful with the yawning, it tends to be contagious...I don't see how crying is invoked by yawning. It can be invoked by emotion or irritants, especially onions, but yawning? I'm not so sure." This conversation would definitely keep the search from being boring. Astralin hadn't found anything yet, so it was nice to know it wasn't all for naught, not to mention, she may find more materials as she searched and conversed.

@Pisces @Pleue

ID# 122611 LD: 12(nothing found)

Edited by Astralin

Xander listens closely as Astralin explains her theory and he thinks to himself for a moment. I totally forgot blue was a part of the rainbow. Then it hits him, he wasn’t necessarily wrong. “So what you’re saying is... Indigo is blue and purple.” He looks at her with a playful smirk, and then looks back around to look for materials. “So what you’re saying is, Indigo is between purple and blue on the light spectrum.” He explains for a moment, and then looks back at the ground. “I wasn’t wrong, I was just less right.” He smiles playfully at the two and sits on the ground.

When the two ladies yawn, he follows suit. Then her rambling continues and Pisces drops his head back, laying on the ground watching the sky between the trees. “Well my theory for the eyes watering is your eyelids keep your eyes from getting dry, and when you yawn you blink a few times. Your eyelids over hydrate your eyes and they water.” He says, looking at them. “But I’m an electrical engineer, so what do I know?” He smiles as he shuts his eyes and waits on the ground.

Spoiler

ID: 122686

LD: 2 (fail)

0/5 total

Edited by Pisces
  • 2 weeks later...

"Ah, all of this color talk is making my head hurt," she mumbled, massaging her temples with a frown.

"I'm not sure if that's how it works," she mumbled, tilting her head at Pisces. "But I'm just a failing student so how am I supposed to know?" She shrugged, her eyes blinking rapidly for a few seconds before simmering back down. 

"I wish I had my meds," she muttered, her eyes flickering from one place to another. 

"Talking about weird things that your body does," she suddenly chirped, her hands clasping behind her back as she felt an innocent grin creep up on her face. "Did you know that you can't sneeze and have your eyes opened at the same time? Pretty incredible, right? Actually, I've seen some pretty weird videos where people hold their eyelids open with their hands or some kind of clips... so, I guess you can't sneeze and have your eyes open naturally?"

"Oh, trying to be a total smarty pants, are you?" Astralin replied to the prideful Pisces. "Yeah, my real life friend Pisces, she wasn't all high-and-mighty, she had a good sense of humility. Perhaps a dose of some would do you the world of good." Prideful Pisces would lay down as he explained his thoughts on yawns, then admitting he was but an electrical engineer. Pleue would mumble as she tilted her head at prideful Pisces, then state that she was a failing student. "And I'm just a young woman who fell into a death game with almost no magic, with a gameplay history in which magic is everything, so what do I know?" Astralin would add. Pleue would speak on how it was apparently impossible to naturally have one's eyes open when sneezing. "Nothing is impossible, I would say the whole closing eyes thing is just a natural, almost instinctive reflex, so to speak. It would be difficult, but not impossible, to sneeze with your eyes still open." Astralin explained as she continued searching for materials. The area around just seemed so clear...minus the sudden birds that showed up right in front of Astralin as she disturbed a bush. The birds flew out, almost startling her, and a few feathers would tickle her nose. "Ahaha, Ah- aaaAAAAA-ACHOO!!"

@Pisces @Pleue

ID# 123379 LD: 1(FAIL)

Edited by Astralin

They had decided to gang up on him, and he was kind of disappointed in the situation. He knew he was being a little cocky, but her calling him out on it got on his nerves just a little. “I never said I was a smarty pants.” He says, holding his hands up and sitting up. “A good dose of humility is good, that’s no lie. But it’s much more fun to have these conversations.” He says. “Besides, nothing I said was said without a doubt.” He explains before standing up and looking around for a moment and finding nothing. “Think about it this way, this is a discussion, I’m putting in my two cents whether they’re right or wrong.” He says, before sitting down again on the ground. “I don’t claim to be an expert in anything, just saying what I think the truth is.” He explains, before the slightly annoying kid in the back starts spewing more useless knowledge and then Pisces looks at her. Astralin gives her explanation and Pisces nods. “I agree with her. It’s not impossible, just very difficult.”

Playing with the grass beneath him, he looks at Astralin. “You’re right on the other thing too, I could use a little humility.” He says, twiddling the blades of green. The admittance was embarrassing to say the least, but he still had the maturity to not back down or try and hide.

Spoiler

ID: 123742

LD: 1

(fail)

0/5

@Pleue @Astralin

Edited by Pisces