F06/PP <<Deforestation>>

Spoiler

Oscar
Level 16
HP 320 | EN 32 | DMG 8 | EVA 3 | ACC 2 | MIT 18

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED]<<BLOODY HOWL>> - KATANA (T1- PERFECT)
     ➥ BLEED
     ➥ BLEED
     ➥ DMG

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] << LIBRARIUM OVERCOAT >> (T1 PERFECT)
     ➥ +1 EVA
     ➥ +1 EVA
     ➥ +1 EVA

» [EQUIPPED] << AZURE TIGHTS >> (T1 PERFECT)
     ➥ +9 MIT
     ➥ +9 MIT
     ➥ +1 SAVVY

BATTLE READY ITEMS
>>  3 HEALING POTIONS
>>  1 T1 OVERHEALTH POTION
>>  ULTRA LUCKY HOT DOG

There had been reports of the jungle burning. Fearsome roars in the distance kept the townsfolk up at night and hinted at a fearsome creature that had taken up residence inside the heart of the jungle. If left unchecked, the creature would burn all it its path until naught was left but ash and cinder. Oscar, being in the area, chose to investigate the reports. As he entered the jungle, the thick smell of smoke assaulted his nostrils. The was a loud roar in the distance, just like the reports. Oscar followed the roar, coughing and sputtering through the smoke as he did. Eventually, he came to the edge of the blasted land. Charred wood crunched under his feet as he strode forward, searching for the enemy. The smoke wasn't so thick here; all of the vegetation had burned away. Oscar pushed forward, hoping to find his target at the heart of the devastation.

Edited by Oscar
Spoiler

Level: 25

HP: 500

EN: 50

DMG: 15

MIT: 41

ACC: 2

EVA: 1

BH: 5

Smoke filled the air around him in a way that would scare most people. It felt like breathing a liquid it was so heavy on his chest, and the only information he got was a loud roar as he continued through. He hadn’t been entirely prepared, considering he forgot this quest had been sitting in his quest log for a long time. He was wondering why the air was black and just kept going, no point in turning around now and getting lost in the endless smoke. Of course this is how it goes. All I wanted to do was farm a little, how’d I get here? He asks himself over and over again. Suddenly, like a warm embrace, heat pours in from one side of his body and Dustin smiles in pure comfort for a moment, but he doesn’t stop. He keeps pushing forward until suddenly he reaches the least dense part of the smoke, noticing the vegetation was all burnt away and crispy. “Kadin’s friend used to eat this stuff.” He chuckles.

After his joke he hears footsteps in the distance, not too difficult to hear between the roars but especially difficult to place, all he knew was he had to go right. Turning to his right and pushing his legs to the limit he rockets through the dead forest in search of the player who had come here as well. The smoke became thicker and the  footsteps got louder, but until the smoke cleared up, Dustin couldn’t just leave this player. I might end up having to fight the tiger before this player gets here. Next the he knows, a player comes into view, and he appears to be here for a reason. Of course, that just meant Dustin wasted his time running around the edge of the smoke. Approaching the player Dustin smiles and extends a hand, “Hey, I’m Dustin, would you like some help?” He asks with an innocent smile, brighter than the flames behind him.

@Oscar

Oscar truly didn't expect to find anyone else here. The young man's bright smile obfuscated the backdrop of flames behind him. He held out a hand in greeting, as if Oscar was an old friend he hadn't seen in some time. Oscar accepted the offered hand and, in so doing, accepted the offer of help. "I'm Oscar. Yes, thank you." As he spoke, the beast reared its ugly head. Byakko was the name scrawled upon its health bar. It was unlike any creature Oscar had seen thus far. Power cascaded off of the tiger in waves of heat. Each pulse caused whatever vegetation that still remained to wilt away and turn to ash. Dustin, with his back to the creature, would be unable to see it licking its chops at the prospect of an unsuspecting meal.

So he sprang into action.

He dashed forward, jerking Dustin forward as he poured on speed. His blade glinted in the firelight as he charged in and took on an ebon radiance. Once within striking distance, Oscar sliced at the creature's face. It reared back in pain, opening it up to a follow-up punch. Oscar ended his onslaught with a final slash. A pair of spinning stars appeared on Byakko's Status Bar, although he didn't do as much damage as he expected. He did, however, open the tiger up for Dustin to get some good damage in.

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 32 - 8 = 24 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 122585

Oscar uses Ra Setsu[x6, stun] on Byakko. BD9. Critical Hit. Deal 54-40=14 DMG. Bleed Activates.

Byakko HP 150-26=124 | DMG 60  | MIT 40 is stunned.

Edited by Oscar

The heat poured onto the boy’s back as the tiger charged the two. Dustin watched almost in slow motion as the player he was helping rushes past him and slashes the beast’s face as he turns. Dustin watches in enjoyment, the player took action so quickly and Dustin forgets what he’s doing for a second. Huh, this guy could be really strong, let’s make sure he makes it to become so strong. He smiles fondly for a moment, before shaking his head. “Oh shoot.” He takes a stutter step and walks into the fight.

As he crosses the ashen field he throws a weak punch at the monster, missing barely before he rockets back to a normal spot. “Hey sorry Oscar, I was out of it. Next time I’ll take care of it right quick.” He smiles, giving Oscar a happy thumbs up. Taking out a cookie and snacking on it, he eats the whole thing before the Byakko recovers from its stun and can even get the chance to attack. Dustin has the strength to be so relaxed now that he had gotten so strong, but not too long ago he would be too scared to do anything but fight. Like a bored child he was having more fun doing something else.

Spoiler

ID: 122610

BD: 2 + 2 = 4 (miss)

-2 EN

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 32 - 8 = 24 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 122585

Dustin: 500/500 HP | 48/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 4

Byakko HP 124 | DMG 60  | MIT 40

Edited by Dustin

"It's alright! We got this!" Dustin had, unfortunately missed his attack. While it squandered Oscar's stun, it wasn't a big deal. Oscar and Dustin were both too elusive for the tiger to land a clean hit on. He had already shaved off over 20 percent of the creature's health in the span of a single turn thanks to his Bleed enhancement. Oscar stepped forward again, bringing his sword back to launch a Gen Getsu at the tiger. But as his foot fell, something gave under him that caused him to lose balance. This, in turn, caused him to miss his attack by a mile. He corrected his posture right as Byakko brought back one massive paw to strike him.

He pushed off the ground, flinging himself backwards. As he sailed backwards, he watched as the tiger drove its paw deep into the earth. The resulting explosion of dirt, ash, and flames made Oscar happy he wasn't standing where he was a moment ago. Since Byakko missed its attack, Oscar's Savvy enhancement triggered. He would be much more accurate next turn. Hopefully he could land a hit next time and make up for this loss of tempo.

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 24 + 1 - 2 = 23 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 122652
Dustin: 500/500 HP | 48/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 4

Oscar uses Gen Getsu[x6] on Byakko. BD2+2. Miss.

Byakko HP 124-12=112 | DMG 60  | MIT 40 takes 12 bleed damage and attacks. MD4. Miss. Savvy Activates, Bleed Expires.

Edited by Oscar

The heat was kind of getting to Dustin or something, maybe it was the ash or the smoke, but Dustin just couldn’t seem to land a hit. Oscar was trying his hardest and Dustin felt really badly about this. “I’m sorry, I’ll try harder next time.” He smiles hiding the dejected feeling behind his bright and cheery exterior. Damn, I can’t believe I keep missing. Something must be wrong with me. Why can’t I just take this thing out? He frowns, pulling out a cookie and looking at it for a moment. Nah. He walks over to Oscar rather calmly, like he wasn’t currently fighting a giant fire tiger, and extends his arm with the cookie in hand.

He can’t hit this tiger, but he can however make sure it doesn’t hit Oscar. “Hey, I wouldn’t hit it anymore if I were you. I’m sure I can take a little bit more of a beating than you.” He smiles and waves at him. “No harm in me getting hit once or twice, right?” He asks politely.

Spoiler

ID: 122731

BD: 1 (crit fail)

Oscar HP 320 | EN 23 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18
Dustin: 500/500 HP | 47/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 4

Byakko HP 112 | DMG 60  | MIT 40

Edited by Dustin

Oscar listened intently at the Dustin's words but ultimately disagreed with him. "I'm here to fight this thing boss." He punctuated his statement with a Gen Getsu. A critical hit triggered Bloody Howl's bleed effect and cause it to tick for extra damage. "I don't like relying one people for everything when I could do something." Oscar spun out of the way as Byakko attempted to sink it's fangs deep into his body. Feeling a bit playful, he smacked the creature on its flank with the palm of his hand before hopping backwards. "Besides, you're clearly a much higher level than me. You oughta be able to blitz right through its remaining health if you can land a clean hit!" Oscar dropped into a defensive stance. He had the beast's attention. He needed to be ready to dodge out of the way of the oncoming attack if Dustin missed his next blow again. If not for the coat Bahr made for him, he probably would have been smeared across the blasted landscape by now.

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 24 + 1 - 2 = 23 | DMG 7 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 122919
Dustin: 500/500 HP | 48/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 4

Oscar uses Gen Getsu[x6] on Byakko. BD10. Critical Hit. Deal 54 - 40 DMG. Bleed Activates. Savvy Expires.

Byakko HP 112-14-12=86 | DMG 60  | MIT 40 takes 12 bleed damage and attacks. MD5-3. Miss. 

Edited by Oscar

This guy was right, Dustin finally agreed with someone on how to fight as a group. After all this time he was finally strong enough for people to let him do his thing, and Dustin did the same thing everyone else did. He’s here to fight? Oh damn, I think I might wanna be friends with this guy. He smiles as his hand starts to glow green, something that sticks out in the black, gray and fiery orange they’re trapped in. “Alright then. I’ll just make sure he doesn’t have the chance to hit you.” His feet push ash behind him, creating a little cloud right behind where he once stood. A trail of ash flies up in his wake as he rockets towards the giant tiger. Under each step air rushes the cinders and they glow a pretty orange footsteps behind him as well.

When he jumps, the ashes under his feet shoot out in a circle and Dustin’s fist draws back. A childish laugh had escaped wall of ‘chill’ on his way up, and now that it had, he was done acting like he wasn’t loving this fight. The green trail finishes on the Byakko’s head and Dustin lands on it’s head as its HP rockets down towards the bottom. Before the monster can shift and try to take a bite out of Dustin, he jumps off, landing next to Oscar with a stumble. “Guess you were right.” He smiles like a child.

Spoiler

ID: 122948

BD: 9 (crit, +1 DMG)

15 + 1 = 16 * 15 = 240 - 40 = 200 DMG to Byakko

86 - 200 = -114 HP (OVERKILL)

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 23 | DMG 7 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 122919
Dustin: 500/500 HP | 32/50 EN | 15 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | BH: 4

Byakko HP -144 | DMG 60  | MIT 40 [DEAD]

Edited by Dustin

Oscar watched the display in awe. There was a huge difference between their levels. The only reason Oscar had contributed as much as he did was due to some lucky crits and some unlucky misses. He observed as Dustin advanced on Byakko, dashing across the field of cinders and kicking up sparks in his wake. The man moved in slow-motion. Each movement dragged out, from charge to blow. The Byakko's health plummeted. It was an absolutely wild display to see. As the massive tiger shattered into a billion shards, Oscar sheathed his blade and ran over to Dustin.

"Wow! I wouldn't have tried so hard if I knew you were gonna bust that out. That was amazing!" One blow had done more damage than Oscar had dished out in three turns. Was this the gulf of power between two players on different tiers? It seemed almost insurmountable at this point. But, little by little, Oscar would plod along.

Oscar’s words firmly plant a smile on Dustin’s face. As the wall of smoke around them begins to dissipate, Dustin turns and starts heading towards the town. “Been a while since I had fun on this floor. No point in wasting it.” He laughs, sitting on the ashen ground and pulling out a cake, a whole cake... and just grabbing a fork and going at it. The sweet soft fluff makes Dustin childish happiness so much more apparent. “So mister Oscar... two things... you want some? oh, and also, wanna also do something else?” He asks gleefully. “It’s so boring when people just do a quest and go their separate ways.” He takes a mouthful and keeps talking through. “In the real world, you ask for help and make a friend.” He smiles, “I just wish it was like that here.” He lies back in the dark gray grass. He glances up at the smoke disappearing into the sky and just stares in awe.

Oscar listened to Dustin's words. He let them soak in, trying not to laugh as the man scarfed down an entire cake as they walked. This floor did have a lot of fun quests placed in it. "The last time I was here, I did the <<Calming the Soul>> quest. The quest design in this game is amazing." He raised his hand politely at the offer of cake. He instead pulled out a hot dog with all the trimmings and began greedily scarfing it down. The only thing he liked to eat after a kill was meat. He was a hunter, after all. He chewed his food greedily and swallowed it before speaking, "I was going to kill a few mobs after taking care of the Byakko. I'm a broke noob, you see. With you here, we could take on some higher-leveled stuff and get better loot from it if you'd like." When he mentioned friends, that reminded him of something. Without a word, Oscar opened his menu and sent a friend request to Dustin. The man had helped him with a quest boss and they got along fairly well. Why wouldn't he send him a friend request?

He just wanted to get stronger. Reminded Dustin of himself when he was just starting out, but this guy could probably get further than Dustin could ever hope to. “I’ll help you, just make sure you don’t get hurt, these monsters can be strong around here.” He smiles, knowing that for him to be able to help, the enemy will have to be almost twice as strong as the Byakko. “So why are you so low leveled? Honestly, that’s a personal question, if you don’t want to answer I understand.” Dustin asks, “I started late because I lost my brother in this game. I spent a lot of time in sunset tavern back on floor 2. The owner and I became best buds and one day he told me about the beginner quests. I met a girl and she treated me like dirt, but I made it here, and she’s disappeared.” He smiles, before dropping the smile and looking at the ground. “Sorry, that was a lot of info to drop on you.” Standing up, Dustin stretches for a moment and looks down at his companion. “Remember this, if you ever need help on a quest, just ask. I’ll be there.” He smiles with a wink.

Oscar took a deep breath. He hadn't really talked about why it took him so long to actually start playing with anyone. He supposed that anyone would do and, even though they had just met, there wasn't much harm in telling his story. At the very least, it was tit-for-tat for Dustin sharing his own. "In the real world, I was a social worker for at-risk youth. One of my clients - his name was Tyson - had gotten me to try out this game. He died on day one before the announcement. Moments before, in fact. I went to a pretty dark place. It took me two years to get over that. Then, I just woke up one morning and decided to give it my best shot." Oscar shrugged. "I suppose I just decided that I'd mourned Tyson for long enough. I had to practice what I preached and get myself out of the slump I was in."

Oscar watched as he awkwardly attempted to backpedal. He supposed it was prying a bit to as for such intimate details of someone's life, but he also didn't see any harm about learning more about a new friend. He merely smiled and shook his head, placing a hand on Dustin's shoulder to placate him. "Don't sweat it man. I appreciate the help and the offer. It was good to talk about it all. It was therapeutic."

The man returned with his own story, and Dustin smiled. Opening his menu and clicking on pending requests, he accepts the friend request and starts towards the wall of smoke he had to cross to help the player. “You said you want to kill a few mobs. I doubt the mobs will be sticking around here.” He smiles and starts walking again.

Once the grass turns green beneath their feet and Dustin keeps walking. They had accomplished their goal and were gonna continue to fight together for a bit longer. A few monsters would be nice, and while this guy was cool, Dustin had stuff he had to do. Those things he’d need to do, he’ll need col to do them. His hands move up and he pulls hood up and starts walking through the field. Looking back at his new friend, he smiles and starts walking backwards. “So, what do you do for fun?”

Oscar followed along, walking through the wall of smoke like it wasn't even there. Because it wasn't. This was a video game, not an actual burning forest. There would be certain issues with even existing near such a copious amount of smog that would not be conducive to their continued plan of, you know, living. All it did was make it hard to see and smell bad. He emerged on the other side with some small flecks of soot adorning his hair, coat, and pants. But that graphical effect soon disappeared as he traveled further into the lush and verdant forest of Floor 6. When Dustin asked what Oscar did for fun, he merely stretched out his arms and said, "This."

He further explained. "I was a bit of an outdoorsy type in the real world. There's just something about going out and really sinking your teeth into what the world has to offer that really makes a guy feel alive. I was cooped up for two years. Now I feel free to explore, you know?"

Their path was soon barred by a gaunt-looking Jungle Wolf. Why were there wolves in the jungle? Probably because the assets were reused too much for this game. Either way, it was here and currently thought Oscar's luscious thighs were on the menu. But they were Oscar's thighs and they weren't for eating. Their whole purpose in life was to be luscious. Oscar drew Bloody Howl from its scabbard and rushed in. He performed a powerful half-circle slice while screaming, "You can't have my thighs!" The wolf took the hit and tried to attack Oscar's thighs, despite being told not to. Thankfully, it missed. But Oscar didn't like this wolf's lack of respect. It could have tried to bite him anywhere other than his thighs, but adamantly refused. Oscar would make this creature pay dearly for such a transgression. His eyes narrowed as he held up one hand to hold Dustin back. "This one is personal."

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 24 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 124348
Gen Getsu[x6] to Jungle Wolf. BD4+2. Deal 48 DMG.

Jungle Wolf 112/160 HP | 48 DMG
MD6-3. Miss.

Edited by Oscar

Oscar vowed that he would make the wolf pay dearly and make the wolf pay dearly he did. His blade cut a bloody swath through the wolf, dealing a critical hit and activating bleed on the creature. Yet again, the wolf snapped at his thighs, trying desperately to get a taste of them. Oscar punted it away with one mighty kick, growing ever more enraged at the wolf's lack of tact. Perhaps if the wolf had asked nicely, Oscar would have been amenable to granting him a nibble. But the thing didn't. Oscar wasn't even sure if wolves could talk in this game. It would probably explain their lack of politely asking if they could assault ones thighs with their razor sharp teeth. The wolf recovered and staggered to its feet, Oscar's angry punt having knocked the wind out of it. Or whatever amounted to that as far as an enemy in an MMO went. Oscar would finish it off next turn.

Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 17 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 124349
Gen Getsu[x6] to Jungle Wolf. BD10. Deal 60 DMG. Bleed Activates.

Jungle Wolf 40/160 HP | 48 DMG
MD8-3. Miss.

Edited by Oscar
Spoiler

Oscar HP 320 | EN 17 | DMG 8 | ACC 2 | EVA 3 | MIT 18 | ID: 124350
Gen Getsu[x6] to Jungle Wolf. BD5+2. Deal 48 DMG.

Jungle Wolf 0/160 HP | 48 DMG

Looting: 124151 LD18, CD5 790 Col, 2 T1 Materials obtained

Oscar charged forward and used Gen Getsu one final time. He cleaved through the wolf and caused it to shatter like glass. No more would it be threat to his thighs. He smiled triumphantly and sheathed his blade. He collected his loot of a rare consumable and some rare armor, that he immediately trashed. He'd take the 790 Col and the materials though. Those were fine. He just didn't want any part of any actual loot from the creature. Leeroy and Jenkins began to whine, which was his cue. It was time for dinner and bed. He bade farewell to Dustin and headed back towards the direction of town. He whistled a tune as he went, content that he had slain a boss, gotten some loot, and successfully protected his thighs from danger. Now, it was time for food and a nice quiet evening at home to help him recenter himself. He'd probably see Dustin around but, for now, the pair went their separate ways.

Edited by Oscar

Oscar stepped onto the Teleportation Platform and warped up to Deepedge on Floor 7. Upon arriving, he saw that there was plenty of daylight. Being in familiar territory and basically knowing the patrol paths of every monster he came across here, he would be able to explore around and take in the sights. His first stop was a massive waterfall that descended down the side of the mountain and into a deep ravine. The roaring waters drowned out his thoughts, allowing him to think more clearly. He was truly at peace here. He stayed there for what felt like hours, until the sun finally dipped low on the horizon. He'd spent enough time out and about. It was time to feed himself and his dog some supper. He turned his back to the falls and slowly began to walk away. He was a bit disappointed to be leaving so soon. It had really put him in a zen headspace. But, responsibility called and he had to answer.

Oscar returned to his home and immediately started on making a meal for himself and his familiar. For Leeroy & Jenkins, three large steaks were placed on a large platter and seasoned with salt and bacon grease. The two of them were happy as larks to receive such a bounty. With his companion fed, Oscar then headed back into the kitchen and made himself some food. Pan-seared steak, seasoned with garlic, black pepper, salt, and finally rubbed with sage. To compliment the dish he used the drippings to grill up some ears of corn, infusing the yellow vegetable with the earthy flavor of the steak. As he sat down to eat, both Leeroy and Jenkins were gnawing at the bones that remained on the plate. They really did eat quick. After the food was consumed, he washed up and then headed to bed. Bloody Howl was placed by his bedside as he climbed atop the soft mattress. Oscar quickly fell off to slumber with a smile on his face.