[PP-F11] Vesuvyan, Scarabaeus, and A WHOLE LOT OF TREASURE

Spoiler

<<Nature's Treasure Quest>>

Treasure, every adventurer's dream. Treasures, in the sunlight, they gleam. TREASURE, a pocket full makes a man beam. All these things were true, sometimes, and to some extent, at least a little, for a handful of treasures. It was all a technicality. No different than any other game or epic mythological tale, the players of SAO relied heavily on the wealth of the world, and the treasures they held. Anything from a few pieces of money, to legendary weapons dropped by monstrous beasts, to just rare metals dropped as the feces of a Dragon. All of it was valuable. This shadow bore even over the mind of Vesuvyan, who was currently on the lookout for such wealth to fall into his hands, and be used for his own gains. Today's wealth of specific, the various drops by monsters that crafter's of this world could turn into materials. A fairly low complexity system, but he supposed with all the other complexities and bizaareness in the game, having something like that in a simplified form was probably better for the mental health of many players, frontline and crafters alike.

Along the winding, wind washed flat stones of Floor 11, with the brick formed houses and towering structures, gated by slews of colored flowers, Vesuvyan was now searching every nook and cranie. Though how exactly to find the pieces he so desired, was not exactly clear. So naturally, upon rounding the corner and seeing another player, the man summoned up the courage to talk to a stranger, much like one does when they're lost in a store and has to approach an employee, and asked in his smooth, Northern American accent. "Ey, you uh, seen any raw materials around?"

@Scarabaeus 

Yusuke had done his typical routine of looking at the main floor's settlements looking for good spots, extending his hands outward forming a box moving in a 180 turn trying to find the best spot to create a piece of art out of, however he just couldn't find the right spot. Yusuke had let out a sigh moving to the next street in the main settlement still on the search, in this time a stranger had walked up to him asking if he saw any raw materials around, smiling he replied to him doing his whole looking thing "Depends on how you define raw materials. Do you mean to craft with or for art? If its the second I am still in the search of it. The other I heard of an area near here, but I haven't went there to check it out for myself. They say its a area with no monsters around acting as if it was a main settlements safe zone. Which might mean it could help me find the best image to create my new piece out of..." he then began to think to himself placing his finger on his chin and his other hand on his hip leaning forward a bit.

@Vesuvyan

The smile was returned, Vesuvyan's own lips tugging up at the sight of a rather friendly face. "I do mean the crafting ones," Began his sentence, though a scan of the man and the usage of context clues based on his own words lead the midlevel player to put together an idea. "Though art ones sound like they could be interesting." Rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, Veusvyan continued. "Can't say I am much of a creative type myself, unfortunately. I do have a good taste for it, just no talent." He pointed and inched closer to the man. "Tell you what, I am a decently strong person. If you can help me find some of these elusive collections of Data used to make items, then you and I can venture out to somewhere nice and scenic, and I can clear the way, so that you can do your thing in peace." A fair deal, one that got both what they wanted, along with some extra col and EXP, if need be. 

Yusuke had let out a laugh hearing that the comment defining his meaning of materials, he had looked over saying he had a spark of interest "Oh so do you have a mild interest in art? Even if you don't have artistic talent you could always be a model for some artist, get your image out there and everything. I could always paint you if you were so interested for it." he had offered to him. Then a little worried as he stepped forward he listened to what he had to say and nodding his head he had said out to him "I think I can accept that offer, just don't bail on me or anything." he had turned around and took a step forward saying to him "Come I think I remember the way to the area they had spoke of, it shouldn't be too far off." then placing his hands in his pockets he walked forward in the general direction he was told it was at. He turned his head over and said to him "By the way, my name is Scarabaeus. However you may all me Scarab for short."

@Vesuvyan

"Mild interest would be an understatement!" Exclaimed the dark haired man to this stranger. Airy heart beats pounded in his chest at the mention of modelling for the man's painting. "Uh.. yea sure. If you don't mind doing an artwork of me?" He liked the idea for sure, but wasn't sure if this person would like to paint a totally new acquaintance. He shook his head and waved his hand dismissively. "I have no plans to shorthand you. This seems like a pretty beneficial deal for both of us." And that much was true, along with the idea of making a connection as this one. Together they walked away from the location of current to the Courtyard area Scarab mentioned, when he revealed his name. "Well, nice to meet you, Scarabaeus." He extended a rather hairy hand out to shake with his new found acquaintance. "I am Vesuvyan in this game. Vesu for short, though some people have a hard time sticking with that." 

Meanwhile, Vesu searched around for such materials as they were after. With that luck, he found two of such pieces, much to his delight.

(+2 T2 Materials)

ID 122784 LD: 15

Edited by Vesuvyan

Yusuke had let out a laugh and said out to him "Oh so you have a strong interest in the art world! Great to hear!" he smiled out, then said "Really? Alright well we can do that some other time in the future. Just remind me to hand you my friend request after this." he said almost excited that he finally create a piece of work of another person it had been such a long time since had last done that. However he had to keep his mind on the task at hand otherwise they would get lost, he looked over and with a smile he had nodded his head saying out "Sounds like we have a future partnership." then as they arrived he was a little intrigued with the area immediately looking around for a good spot, however shaking his head he needed to get back at finding materials he could help his new friend get or for himself. He had extended his hand outward and shook it saying "Well, to a new friendship Ves." then after their handshake was done he immediately went to work and found himself two materials that could be used. Lucky him.

ID: 122788 - LD: 15
Loot:
Vesuyvan - 2 T2 Materials
Scarabaeus - 2 T2 Materials

Ozzy smiled as the two exchanged shakes of their palms. "New Friendship?" He asked stunned for a moment. Was it that easy in this game? This sure was different than in the business world, where it could take sometimes years to get close enough to another party in order to gain their trust. Now the scouring had begun, Vesuvyan climbing up the side of a flag pole quickly, using it as a vantage point. Upon seeing a small break in a brick wall, he slid down, akin to that of a fireman and went to check it out. "So Scarab." He called out loudly so that the other man could hear him. "How long have you been trying to create art? What are your favourite styles and forms?" Now he was creating casual conversation, trying to learn more about this new found 'friend', hands searching for more of those sweet sweet MATS.

ID 122789 LD 13 t2 MAT FOUND

Loot:
Vesuyvan - 3 T2 Materials
Scarabaeus - 2 T2 Materials

Edited by Vesuvyan

Yusuke had blinked a few times saying out to him "Oh did I say something wrong or presumed something a little too quickly? I mean you did say it would be fine to paint you at some point in time thought there would be some connection there. My apologies." he had exclaimed out to him. Looking over to him climbing he had followed behind him making sure he would remain safe, even if he couldn't help him all that much in the process. He had smiled when he began to ask about his art, he was passionate for it after all "Well, I started art when I was a child. Never really grew up with a lot of money, we had enough for food and to keep the roof over our head. But entertainment really was lackluster. My art teacher in school when I was young handed me all the spare supplies she had to spark that desire in my soul. And ever since I had been enthused with art as a whole, I have been enjoying numerous forms of it. However painting as always been my love and passion." he admitted "But what about you? What were you outside this game?"

ID: 122790 - LD: 18
Loot:
Vesuyvan - 3 T2 Materials
Scarabaeus - 4 T2 Materials

"No, you said nothing wrong. Friends it is." Veusvyan kept to hos stoic nature, seeming as friendly as he could for this man. Afterall, they were in a deal, and it appeared he had interest to be. That, and it was never bad to make a new connection in the infinitely spinning web of social activity that went on this game. More than likely it did anyway. "That sounds rough." The Adventurer that Vesuvyan was began to wonder how it was someone in that kind of financial position could have afforded something as exclusive as the Nervegear and this whole game. Come to think of it, many of the less fortunate were somehow in here. Maybe that's just the kind of people that turned to gaming as an outlet? He didn't fit in at all. "Other than painting what else are your favourites? Ceramics, Sculpting? Give me the whole lost." He egged Scarab on, wanting to know more, while Materials were being found. In the meanwhile, he answered the question. "I was a salesman, to put it simply. My job was to get as many people to smile and trade me money for the services my company provided." That was the easiest way of putting it.

122794 LD 11 +1 T2 MAT

Loot:
Vesuyvan - 4 T2 Materials
Scarabaeus - 4 T2 Materials

Edited by Vesuvyan

Yusuke had nodded his head and said back "Alright, friends it is." he then went back to look for materials that had been around saying to him "Ah, I am just thankful for my parents and how hard they worked. And of course what I have been given as a child to inspire my artistic nature. However, I do understand that I have not had it as bad as many others out there. Some might even claim they wished to have my life opposed to their own." he said in a calm tone. The with a laugh he had looked over "Oh you know, Pencil Sketches, Charcoal sketches, watercolor, a bit of this and bit of that. The only things I haven't been able to do is of course Ceramics and Sculpting it was just way out of my budget to be able to afford everything. Paint and pencils were expensive as it is for me, can't go much above that." then listened to him speak out what he was before the game. With a slight smile he had looked over and said out to him "Must of been hard to keep up a profit from day to day."

ID: 122797 - LD: 17
Loot:
Vesuyvan - 4 T2 Materials
Scarabaeus - 6 T2 Materials