[PP/F24] Beach Party ♥ >>Ocean Waves Manor<<

Dazia watched the competition unfold, but it wasn't as climatic as expected. maybe it will be in a bit. She finished her drink, and received a message from Valna. Dazia's reaction to it, wasn't the best, to say the least. "Good lord, Hiraani! I can't believe that you-! AARRRGGH! Why did I think that of you?? I thought you were sensible...guess I was wrong... at least her new lover boy is able to swear to secrecy about the most confidential of information...so he knows...as long as he doesn't use it against me, I should be fine..." Whatever did Valna see in that guy? She didn't know...and based on what Valna did, she wasn't exactly interested in knowing, either.

She would leave the refreshments area, and see that there was a girl standing over at the waves, all alone. Dazia guessed that she had her reasons for being there, or maybe she was just waiting for someone to come to her. She seemed to be wearing a jacket, so she might have not wanted to be here either. Dazia saw beach parties like this as a trap, designed either for or by those seeking out "eye candy", so she could understand. Hell, that was why she put on a pair of shorts over her swimsuit for until she ever went into the water. "Not one for a beach event? Whether it be everyone wanting to talk to you, or stare at you in a way that you're not comfortable with, I can relate." She would say to the girl who was staring out into the distance.

@WingedAngel

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was nice to see the sea move slowly, never knew that even in this world I could find new things... Well, everything here is new to me. With my jacket around me I sat down on the ground putting my feet into the sand a bit, it felt a bit weird for sure but somehow I knew that If I ever found my way on a real beach I would have feel much better, wish I could. Then out of nowhere I heard a voice and got a bit jumpy scared-looking around to the voice. A girl with black hair spoke to me and I got a bit flustered as she spoke to me, I did not know what to say at all and was shut-in. She spoke about how she was not really a beach party person herself, But to speak the truth I was not here for the party, It was just there as a side effect. For me at least.

"Um... Hi... A... !" I said fast getting a bit red on my face from shame, as I was hoping nobody came. It was not really that I didn't like it with the party so close, I just didn't know how to interact with people there. Guess I just agree with her as I didn't really know what she meant, "Um I guess... Yeah," I said to her just to get it over with. I wanted to reach out my hand but held my arm back while it was under my jacket still, with a good look you could see that I was still wearing bandages around my arm. "Um... so... Why talk to me then?" I asked thinking about what she just said to me about people wanting to talk with you and stuff.

@Dazia

Telrenya was practically beaming. She'd just arrived, but already the people enjoying themselves around her, the bright sun that warmed her shoulders and cheeks, and the familiar squeeze of Jomei's hand had her in an elevated mood. She picked up her other hand to give Lessa a wave and a cheerful, "Nice to meet you!" but it seemed the pleasantries would run short while Lessa politely excused herself a few seconds later.

Mentally shrugging it off, she turned to the new face that had joined them. A new one, though if she had to guess, this girl seemed to be right around Telrenya's age. Maybe a little younger? Telrenya continued smiling and nodded to Astralin. "Of course! I don't think we've met before, have we? I'm Telrenya."

Introductions would begin again, and she then gave a quick look around, taking in all that was going on around them. Food, plenty of conversation, and even some sort of set-up that she caught just a glimpse of. Someone with a camera, and...a red carpet? Her curiosity was piqued. "Hmm, I don't think I've ever met the person who's running this whole thing, actually. But they really pulled out all the stops."

@Jomei @Astralin @Lessa

Jomei smiled at the small interaction between Lessa and Telrenya, though that smile slowly faded when Lessa soon after excused herself. "Oh, alright. Maybe we can catch up later," Jomei said, offering one last friendly grin to his old friend before she turned to explore the rest of the beach. However, just as a friend had departed from their small conversation circle, another stranger requested to join. Telrenya took to inviting the girl to join them, as well as introduced herself. Jomei followed suit, sharing his own name with her. "And I'm Jomei, pleasure to meet you." 

Jomei nodded as Telrenya took in all the set up that Kityuisa had done for this event. He felt the food and refreshments were usually a given at gatherings, but what really set this apart from the rest was the stage where players would take part in the swimsuit competition. "Yeah yeah, Kit really went through a lot for this. The camera and carpet are for a swimsuit competition.. I.. may have entered myself in it out of curiosity, and boredom since I didn't think you were coming." the Irishman said, rubbing at the nape of his neck with a bit of embarrassment. The man then recalled his first meeting with Kityuisa, and how enamored she was by the stories he told of Telrenya and himself, "Oh! That reminds me.." Raising a hand into the air, the man waved towards the party's host, trying to call her over so he could introduce Tel to her. "Oi! Kit! There's someone here I want you to meet!" 

@Telrenya @Astralin @Lessa @Kityuisa

Mishiro tilted her head. "You're turning red," she observed. Huginn's smile had returned, but the flustered expression that came with it left her wondering if she had overstepped a boundary or two. She twined her fingers round her scarf, her mind unconsciously lingering on the sensation of his soft hair underneath her palm. "Take off your scarf if it's too warm. The competition hasn't exactly started yet, if that was what you were going for."

Up to this point, the swimsuit-clad girl was still completely unaware that Arabelle had signed her up to walk on the runway. She'd carefully picked out her swimwear in hopes of garnering a few votes, only to silently decide to withdraw from the competition as soon as she heard what it entailed. 

Halloween costume contests from back home were much simpler.

She offered a friendly nod to the smaller girl who'd climbed onto Huginn's back. Her gaze lingered on Katsumi a fraction of a second too long before she looked back up at her friend. "I don't think I'll ever tire of coffee either. It would normally be an exaggeration to say I can't live without it, but in my case, most of my Col literally comes from selling it." 

...Given that she actually got paid for the drinks and pastries she served. 

Idly looking over her shoulder, she found that Arabelle had seemingly vanished from sight - along with Dustin. Her gray eyes narrowed, but she didn't dwell on it any longer as another object took up her interest: the temporary beachside bar the host had built for the party, along with a set of wooden stools and its own NPC. Mishiro had gotten her smoothie from it earlier, but there was a significantly smaller crowd surrounding it now as players opted to have their drinks on different parts of the beach instead of seating themselves on the chairs. She plucked a few Oreos from the refreshments table and neatly placed them on her dessert plate. He only ever had the original cookies, at least when in front of her. "It's good to change things up a bit though. You'd like anything with Oreos on them, yes?" She passed by him and looked over her shoulder with a smile. Silvery gray eyes held a small glint of excitement. "Follow me. Let's see if the NPC would let us intrude..."

She stretched a green scrunchie with her fingers and pulled her hair up in a messy bun. Very casually, she slid behind the bar and greeted the startled bartender NPC. "Let's see..." She set her plate down on a countertop and perused the temporary bar from the inside. Wine bottles, fruits, seafood appetizers, and a freezer... The girl turned to the flabbergasted NPC. "I'm borrowing a blender and if you have any of these ingredients I'm about to list, I wouldn't mind paying."

The NPC didn't move.

Mishiro tilted her head and flashed her player profile's profession section. "You're getting paid by the host anyway."

Its incredulous stare followed her as she happily retrieved the requested ingredients, equipped a set of plastic gloves, and set to work. She worked with the speed and pinpoint accuracy only experience could teach and frequently scooted around the NPC to avoid disturbing it any further. Covering one ear with her hand, she turned on the blender and chanced another glance at the rest of the party. Strangely enough, Arabelle still wasn't anywhere in sight. Her friend wasn't the type to leave a party midway. Mishiro could only guess that the small purple-haired girl had gone somewhere to clean herself up after that unfortunate run-in with her mischievous friend.

The noise from the blender abruptly quieted down as she turned it back off. She poured the shake into two large cups, topping them with the rest of her crushed Oreos, and set each down in front of Huginn and Katsumi.

Satisfied, Mishiro ducked out of the bar and let her hair down, leaving the very confused bartender behind. She slid into the seat beside Huginn and propped her elbow on the wooden counter, urging them both to drink with an impassive nod. "Oreo milkshake," she explained nonchalantly. "I thought it might be nice to have it in something other than the usual."

She reached for her drink only to find that she'd already drained it earlier.

"Bartender, another blueberry smoothie."

Kityuisa watched Hikoru, his gaze taking to the roof, watching his own gaze, she just shrugged. The only person she saw was Bahr, she wouldn't look too much into things, but she was sure Alec and Mac were with him. He just had a towel wrapped around his body. Her eyes went back to Hikoru. She placed her free hand across his cheek, "I think, you're going to do great." Her eyes twinkled, excited to see Hikoru out of his comfort zone. "But just remember." She leaned in, whispering in his ear, "Your body is mine." She pulled her body back as he put his swimsuit on. Her eyes once again, glancing across his body. She bit her lip, giving him a thumbs up. Her attention drifted from Hikoru to @Jomei called out to her. @Telrenya was beside him. As soon as she saw her, she felt her eyes light up, she dragged Hikoru along with her. "You must be Tel!" She waved at the girl, "Jomei's told me a lot about you." Her soft smile graced her lips as she began to introduce herself, "My name is Kityuisa, this is Hikoru." 

Kityuisa would then wait a while for the girl to reply to her.

~~~~~~~~Time Le Skippo I don't want to be a bad person and just be like "hold up" so let's skip ahead a bit~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost everyone had submitted themselves for the contest, so it was time. Kityuisa nodded her head, "You guys ready?" Without further ado she stood once more on the place she had stood on before. "ALL THOSE WHO ARE IN THE CONTEST, MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE RUNWAY, FURTHER DIRECTIONS WILL BE RELAYED TO YOU BY MITSUKO, HEAD OF FASHION DEVELOPMENT!" Kityuisa got off the chair. Her eyes twinkling, "Go ahead, darling." She let go of Hikoru's hand, ushering him towards the red carpet. 

Feel free to continue posting here, as well as post your reaction and submission to the runway.
Please post in this thread for the contest. One post per participant.

Arabelle should have mingled a bit more. People weren't always going to vote for the most beautiful, they were going to vote for the contestant they wanted to win! A no-name was less than likely to steal the competition, and as much as she hated to admit, she kind of was one around this group. Oh well. Arabelle licked her lips. Her earlier escapade was very worth it.

"And that's my cue." The small purple-haired girl smiled sweetly at her companion. "I have to grab someone real quick. Vote for me, sugar!" 

Arabelle pressed a kiss to his cheek and ran off. Scanning the groups of party goers, she spotted her best friend seated beside her date at the beach bar. Do I kill the moment or do I not kill the moment? She tilted her head in thought. Then she marched forward and grabbed Mishiro's hand anyway.

"Sorry to interrupt your date, but I signed Shiro-chan up for the swimsuit competition," she explained to the probably-disappointed Huginn. Tugging her friend forward, Arabelle gave Huginn a knowing smile. "You'll have her all to yourself after this... if you do things right anyway. Come on, let's go before they disqualify us!"

Giggling, she led her friend by the hand. She made a quick detour to dry herself in the changing stalls and stepped out. Pinned her hair back with her signature red ribbon. "Sorry. I should've informed you at least--" She gave her friend a hollow, apologetic smile. "But I thought you could go out and do something completely different for a change! Step out of your comfort zone, do something new, things like that. So are you in or are you out? It's not like everyone's going to be pro at this..."

Argument supported by model no. 1. His lack of charisma was apparent.

"Just get out there, have a good time. It's all just for fun. ...okay?" 

Arabelle let go of the other girl's hand and made for the carpeted runway. A line was already forming.

"You've got two votes assured! Mine and Huginn's!"

Whoops. Very subtle, Arabelle. 

Edited by Arabelle

The contest seemed to have taken a pause so Alec gave a nod to himself as he glanced over his shoulder at his compatriots. "Well men. Here goes nothing." The large man said in his deep baritone rumble as the final note of the 2001 A Space Odyssey ends and the kettle drum kicks in Alec crouched down slightly and with a huge explosion of power the heavily muscled man flexed his tree trunk like legs rocketing him into the air like a human missile. As the large man reaches the peak of his jump he seems to float suspended and motionless high in air before his massive form comes plummeting down towards the beach and the catwalk at the base of Kit's house. As Alec lands he instinctively drops his right leg back as he catches his fall with his left leg the giant of a man lands without a sound in a kneel with his right hand clenched into a fist that rests firmly on the ground. The huge man remains frozen like a statue carved of stone before he slowly rose to a standing position lifting his head and gaze at last to linger over the crowd.

Astralin was greeted by two of the players, and the other one left. Astralin grinned as she heard the other two players' introduction. In return, she would introduce herself. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Astralin!" The two players, Jomei and Telrenya, would note that the hostess really pulled out all the stops for this event. A runway was in sight, and this had yet to make sense to Astralin. Jomei noted that it was for the swimsuit competition that was spoken of earlier. Now it made sense. This gave a clear idea of what the competition was going to be like. Jomei told Telrenya that he had entered the competition before he realized she was here. "Hmm...I might not be entering the competition myself, but I guess there's nothing stopping me from spectating!" She thought aloud. Jomei would run over to the hostess in hopes of introducing Telrenya to her, and then the hostess would announce the start of the competition. Astralin was once again alone. For now, she decided to watch the competition unfold...

"Well..." Bahr muttered as his eyes flickered toward Macradon, "Time to find out if there's fall damage in this game. COWABUNGA!"

Hahaha. Cowabunga. Bahr, you're such a hoot, he thought to himself as he sailed toward the catwalk below, having assumed a cannonball form whilst midair. Why had he done that? As he looked down upon the crowd of confused onlookers, knees tucked firmly against his chest, he could have sworn he caught a glimpse of the last person he would have ever wanted to witness such a spectacle - Lessa. Instinctively, he released the awkward midair pose and scrambled a bit before face planting directly next to Alec. He snapped upright, frame wavering slightly for a moment before stiffening once more and assuming a pose. What sort of pose, you ask? That's unimportant. You'll see soon enough. 

As it turned out, fall damage did exist in Aincrad. A red, mostly-depleted health bar hung suspended, curving around his head, his face having adopted a similar hue. Whether it was due to embarrassment, or the fact that he had just taken a multi-story fall out of the sky into he face, even he didn't know. Crimson and verdant hues flickered to Alec, and then to Macradon as he arrived. The show was finally about to begin.

Macradon chortled at Bahr’s remark as Alec and he took air and jumped off of the roof, going for a solid landing at the red carpet for a great entrance to the swimsuit contest. With Alec going first and Bahr going second, Macradon collected himself, took a deep breath and said “Here we go …” as he did his own little jump and trick to land besides the two men. The three would land close to each other, each going out into their own poses to form one group pose. Macradon had taken a heavy fall as he landed on his knee, but it didn’t seem to bother him too much, he only cried a lot inside. With the team’s poses, Macradon would stand up as the first as the music began bombarding the area, at least in his mind. With the beats running through his mind, Macradon began his catwalk wearing only the bath towel. Going back and forth, doing some fancy poses here and there as he looked at the cameras, waiting for his glamour shots to be taken. 

RV2Xyd7.jpg

• 6 months later...