[F1 OP] "A Coward's Choice"

Ralacrest stood at the edge of the circle with the teleport device in the center of The Town of Beginnings, leaning against a wall and enjoying the weather like she did most mornings Her hair waving in the moderate winds, making her skinny body show out. Her curved sword sat on her left hip, just hanging there, glimmering in the sunlight. Her eyes were closed, because honestly since the game started, she had stayed in the exact same town, so what more was there to see? 

Ever since the game started Ralacrest had remained in the Town of Beginnings, not out of necessity, but out of fear. She didn't want to hide but she definitely didn't want to die, even if her life in the real world was rough at times it was still better then death. Even though she had a weapon, its not like she knew how to use one very well, no one had ever taught her and it wasn't something she had learned IRL. Thinking that made her realize how alone she was. She didn't have any friends in the game, and the only friend she had IRL was probably worried sick about her. That made her think about her mother; oh gosh what she would think. Her mother didn't even know that she played video games, she would be pissed if she did, but now that she was stuck in SAO, there's no chance her mother didn't find out.

Hearing the people walking by her Ralacrest opened her eyes and stood up straight, moving off of the wall to watch them, only seeing the NPCs. She sighed, "They have it easy.." she thought to herself, continuing in her thoughts with, "All they know is that there's quests and players and just walking around. They don't know about the life and death of this game...I wish I didn't know." She took a deep breath before closing her eyes again and leaning back on the wall, just standing there to enjoy the weather.

It was quite a job to help out the younger folks, No matter where I went people looked like depressive numskulls no matter what. NPC did not know much more than their world, we were in their Lore just adventures from another world that were sent to get to the top. But all these young folk are just scared, scared for dying, True I have been scared of that as well but Nowadays I have fast quite a few of these fears as a known Veteran. Of course, I want to help the kids, I NEED to help them that is my job and always been my job. I feel responsible for all this, those dam idiots know it is way too dangerous to go hunt for the man. I felt guilty for most of the people failed to protect and to make things worst My dam idiot of a younger brother got himself stuck here as well. With my Gold like chest plate and shoulder plates with markings on them and a cape made out of white wolf pelt.  I slowly walked around with my ax on my back, the big monster of a thing sat close to my back while my armor made not much sound at all even for Heavy armor.

Walking in the settlement a bit looking around as my expression did not change seeing all these players and NPC walking around. Staring without emotion or any smile for anything I looked blank around making it hard to read at all. It seems most players around here had someone to be in a party and get out there. Looking for a bit longer I spotted a girl, maybe about the age of 18 or 20. Walking up to her with a blank expression and no to any emotion in my voice, "OI! you, care to explain why you alone. It's not wise to do so Kid. Your Better of getting protection for sure or be with at least someone," I said to her standing in front of her a bit towering over her as well. "Plus you should probably be aware of your surroundings even in a settlement Kid, you never know when someone wrong comes up to you and tries to pickpocket you," I said to her with a bit of a schooling sound to my voice.

@Ralacrest

Dazia was about to wonder why she was wasting her time around the first floor again, but then she remembered, her young friend, Yinangi, had dragged her down here. "I know you probably have reasons for dragging me down here, but don't we have better things to do?" She asked her friend. "Of course I have my reasons for bringing you here! There's always some low level player starting to gather courage, and if you help them out, they can become our allies, better yet, our friends!" Dazia stopped, and turned to look at Yinangi. "You brought me down here...for what? I thought you were going to point me to a quest or something. What makes you think I have time to babysit other people? We need to train ourselves so that we can survive!" Yinangi huffed mildly, and put her hands on her hips. "I'm doing this to help you, Dazia. I'm doing what a friend would do. You need more people in your life, you need more allies in your struggle, so why don't you get some while you're here?" Dazia was surprised that Yinangi was acting like this. She didn't show it in her expressions, but she was definitely surprised. "Don't give me that. You have no authority in this. Hell, you're seven years younger than me, you're a child!" Yinangi would just stare at Dazia, her stance unchanging. Dazia sighed and said, "Alright, fine, I'll take your thoughts into consideration."

The two players would walk for a short amount of time, and then there were two players in sight. One was a female, leaning up against a wall, and the other was a tall male, who seemed to be towering over her, speaking to her as if schooling her. "Or, you could let her make her own decisions." Dazia interjected.

@Ralacrest @Commando

A little surprised to hear someone talk loudly Ralacrest jumped a little as she reopened her eyes and looked up at the guy that had walked over to her without her knowing, huffing a little but keeping an emotionless face as she says, "I don't see what the problem is. If someone dares to even try to pick pock me I'll get it back, and as for being alone..." she suddenly looks a little sad in her eyes before she rid her face of emotions and said, "I'm alone. I don't have any friends, and in here I'm not exactly sure what protection you want me to have. I have a sword, not sure what else I need other then that." She didn't want to tell him that she didn't have any training with one, but in her eyes its not like he needed to know, for all she knew he could be trying to kill her himself.

Ralacrest stood there, clearly having no intention on backing down, even though the person in front of her was huge compared to her and could most likely throw her around like a rag doll. She kept up a straight and emotionless face, doing her best to show no fear, but her eyes kept darting a little, either a sign of nervousness due to being approached or a sign of not being able to hold eye contact in social interaction, heck could be both. Her right hand slowly started to drift to her left side across the front of her hips, just in case this man was looking for trouble. Her eyes as they darted another time came across a man that looked not much shorter then her, and a small girl, hoping that they'd come to her rescue if this man in front of her decided to attack.

@Dazia @Commando

Alec happened to be walking along the first floor in the Town of Beginnings when spotted something that seemed to be a disagreement or possible altercation forming near the Teleport Pad on the center of town. The large heavily muscled man walked over standing to his full height of nearly six and half feet with his expansive chest and overly wide back the large man casually crossed his massive arms over his broad  chest. "Easy there young one." The large man offered in his deep baritone rumble. "You're in a safe zone if anyone tried to cause you trouble any number of these many roaming guards will jump in to protect you. Plus the aggressor will be tagged with an Orange icon. Unless of course you're the one itching to try out PKing." The large man offered with a chuckle as he eyed the young woman, the large man in his ostentatious golden armor and the rest of the small crowd forming. "Now what seems to be the trouble here? Alec asked with a stern gaze and his perpetual scowl softened only slightly by the hint of a smile at the corner if his mouth.

Edited by Alec

I could not help myself but think the one thing in my head This kid is really in need some help, If she had no friends and or anyone even to protect her a little bit this Kid kind of needed it. Staring at her for a bit I could clearly see she was holding her ground to not look scared or even try to give me the intention of some sort. "Hey Kid, I'm not here to hurt you, just giving advice. Best to make some friends in this world than just stand there against a wall. and the whole purpose of pickpocket is that the person getting pickpocket doesn't know who did it," I said with a straight stare into her eyes without changing any expression on my face. Turning to the voice from behind I saw two more kids, for sure they knew what they were doing because they were in a group. "Or listen, kid, you let me give advice and make sure she doesn't die if she wants to get out of the town. I'm even open to protect her if needed because nobody else seems to care," I said with a strict voice to the kid who spoke up, Yeez she was even smaller the this girl

Looking at the man that walked up I kind of got a thought of relieve in my head, "Somone with reason I hope," I said bluntly to him before crossing my arms, "I should probably be more direct to kids their age," I said looking at the girls, "Hopefully she doesn't turn out like any of these kids," I said low hoping nobody heard it. "As you can see this man here is right you are in the safe zone but people can still cause problems with high hiding skills." Pausing for a bit I look at the girl I officially walked up to, "I'll be honest Girl If I scared you, I probably am sorry. It's been quite a time but to make you feel safer I'll introduce myself the proper way I have done for many years. The Name is Kazu Gamiz, sergeant Gamiz, Commando of the 3rd Tank Division, Of the I.J.A. At your service." I said giving a salute to the girl before turning to the rest with a respect pose but still an emotionless expression on my face.

@Alec @Ralacrest @Dazia

Another large man would arrive, saying that this was a safe zone, that the attacker would be marked with an orange cursor. Dazia laughed at that. Although the guards would throw out any orange player they found, that wouldn't be something to worry about, since damage can only be dealt either outside the safe zone, or in a duel. Cursor infractions can only be received in a safe zone if one was to commit physical harassment, or be caught stealing. "Please, orange cursors don't work that way." She would draw out her weapon, and point it to the man, the tip just a few inches away from his head. "I could strike you right now, but since we're in a safe zone, no damage would be dealt. You would simply feel some unpleasant feedback, as well as the force of my attack. Plenty of players have fought within the safe zone, it all ends the same way. No damage is dealt, no cursors change color, and the battle ends when one loses the will to fight and flees." Dazia would then sheathe her blade, and turn towards the other players. She looked over to the first large man. "Oh, so you're a soldier, then? Or, rather, you used to be?" She would then take off her cowl, and look over to the girl. "Excuse me for the earlier interruption. My name is Dazia, and my only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." She would say. Yinangi would wave to the girl. "Hiya, I'm Yinangi!"

@Commando @Alec @Ralacrest

Ralacrest listening to the second large man that approached her, but as he mentioned PKing her entire body tightened and she blinked, but her expression didn't change. She just says coldly to him, "There's no problem here." Now just listening to the first man, saying after he finishes, "No..you didn't scare me. You just startled me a little, I wasn't expecting to be approached today, but why exactly would I need friends? I can look after myself, it won't be that hard, definitely not the first game I've gone solo...but either way I'm Ralacrest." But even as she said that she knew it was bull crap. SAO wasn't just a game like the other's she had played, it was a death trap. And even though solo-playing with basically suicidal, but she didn't want to admit it.

Looking back behind Kazu to the girl and the shorter man she nods to them, saying,
"I'm Ralacrest, but there's no need to apologize for interruptions, honestly I'm not even sure what's going on right now. Its nice to meet all three of you." She says despite there being four people in front of her, mainly because she hadn't been properly acquainted with him.

@Dazia @Commando @Alec

"Fine." Alec stated in his deep baritone rumble. "If there's no problem here then this is none of my business." Alec stated to the young lady who had seemed to be in trouble. As he he took one last quick glance around he turned toward the person who had drawn a weapon on him the large heavily muscled man took an imposing step forward placing himself well within the other person's bubble of personal space as he raised a massive arm and jammed a finger towards the small person. "You've got a lot to learn about manners." The large man growled as he leaned in closer. "But I'll make you this promise. You.....EVER.....draw a weapon on me again and I'll END you." The large man growled menacingly before turning on his heel and walking away from the group. "Try to not get yourselves killed acting like idiots." The large Tank called out over his shoulder as he left the group to find someone or something more productive to do with his time.

Alec leaves the thread.

Cordelia tilted her head as she watched Alec pass by her. He seemed like he was a in bad mood. She was just about to go consult him when she saw some movement from the corner of her eye. Did those people have to do with something?

She watched as Alec left her field of vision before strolling over to the group of three. 

"Did you three have something to do with the big ol' man's grumpy mood?" She asked, giving them a more... sinister smile than what she usually gave to strangers. No one messed with her friends! 

Her eyes glazed over each of the individuals. Two girls and a man that looked almost as old as Alec-- if not older. They didn't seem like a very experienced bunch... except for that girl with the rapier but still. 

She wondered, what had they done to make Alec so mad?

[OOC: hAh, gEt readdy for cordelia to go off on ur booties]

@Ralacrest @Commando @Dazia

Joanne had been taking a morning stroll through the first floor city, heading towards the Blacksmith's shop, when she spotted an unusually large group of players gathered. It wasn't uncommon for a small group to gather and take a break on the lower floors, but as she checked their name icons and stats, she realized they were all of varying levels and experience. The girl in the middle seemed to be the same level as Joanne. Level 1. She thought for a moment before stepping forward to see what the commotion was about. It seemed the group was beginning to bicker. Did anyone need help? Dressed in a full set of armor that hid her face and body type, she started forward. The armor made the woman seem even taller than she was and more imposing (though she really was a kind soul). Standing at 6 foot 2, she was taller than most of the group. She took her helmet off as she approached, so that she wouldn't seem like a threat. (The armor had spikes that sometimes gave off that vibe to people). 

She cleared her throat gently as she walked up and looked sincerely around at everyone in the group. "Is everyone here all right?" she asked when there was a moment of silence between everyone. "I don't mean to intrude, but it sounded as though there was a commotion. I just wanted to make sure you all are okay." A small, kind smile spread across her lips as she finished speaking. 

@Ralacrest @Commando @Dazia @Cordelia

Edited by Joanne

The girl would introduce herself as Ralacrest, and say that there was no need to apologize for interruption. The man who Dazia had made a point to would have an intimidating demeanor about him as he jammed a finger at her, saying she had a lot to learn about manners. Dazia would simply roll her eyes. The man would continue, stating that if Dazia ever drew out her weapon on him again, that he would kill her. "But that wouldn't matter if it was still within a safe zone, would it?" She would respond to the man. The man would leave in a bad mood. Yinangi tugged on Dazia's light armor. "Um, Dazia...I was hoping you were going to be making friends and finding allies...but so far, what you just did was the opposite." A blonde would enter the scene, asking if the players had something to do with the man's mood. "He spoke words that weren't entirely true, so I made a point to him, a point that he apparently couldn't handle. He even threatened to kill me. From my perspective, I'd say he's a stubborn hothead who won't accept being wrong." Dazia would say to the blonde. Yet another player would approach, taking off her helmet and addressing the players in the vicinity. "This is a safe zone. No matter how badly the situation escalates, no one can die here." Dazia would respond.

@Ralacrest @Cordelia @Joanne

Oh god, with just a simple swing of a blade the Girl took out her weapon was this really how kids these days playing video games is a bunch of aggressive trigger-happy kids. "Aye, that I was. But at least I can try to help people out here, but how about we all just call down before people start asking for a dual." I said to both the other guy and the girl that called herself Dazia. No matter what was going to happen, for sure nobody likes it when a weapon is pointed at them If I was him I would just start taking it calmly. I thought but hoped for the best. But it hoped wrong as the man became very hot-headed and stormed off "Well, not everyone likes getting a weapon at their face even if it is save," I said coldly to the Dazia as she seemed to not care about it all, With a simple look you could say I didn't care either.

When a woman walked up with blonde hair asking if we made the man mad, "What if we are, its not like I would care who gets mad on who at the moment there is no reason to Yell at lower level players, Its really paints a dreadful picture for the man," I said monotone to the blonde not really sounding like I cared in the slightest. With a cold stern look on my face, I looked at Dazia again knowing clearly she went too far by pointing a weapon at another player, "And to be sure, Dazia Right, Be more polite if you want to be getting somewhere in life. That cocky attitude gets you nowhere," I said before I turned my look into a quite angry one as I looked at her.

Hearing another player walk up I let out a sigh clearly could hear the disappointment in it. Not another person who wants to get mixed up yeez this girl really need to cool her head before speaking and act more like her friend and be more friendly to people or otherwise we going to have an angry man again. "OI! Kid, calm down, you being useless aggressive in your tone, so I advise you to stop that before you start making trouble for people. This may be a safe zone but we are still human and not some Dumb data thing," I said angrily to Dazia clearly getting a bit frustrated with her over how she reacts to people around her. "And if you keep being Cocky like this soon your friend over there won't be seeing the end of this game so start thinking about your wording and stop acting like an entitled kid," I said once more to her not changing my expression at all. Turning to the player in armor I nodded to her, "Sorry if my word seems hostile but we are with no trouble here, it just seemed that one of us doesn't know how to make new acceptances at all," I said to the woman in armor.

@Ralacrest @Cordelia @Joanne @Dazia

Edited by Commando

Ralacrest just watches the big brute huff and puff away, calling him something under her breath that wasn't very nice. Hearing the next girl come up she just says, "The only person that had a doing in him getting frustrated was himself. All we did we talk some sense into his dense skull." She looked up at the next girl that seemed to tower over her, saying, "Yes everything is fine, I was just out for a stroll and these people just came to talk to me, nothing special or alarming, other then that big guy that walked away moments ago, he was quite unfriendly." She gave that girl a smile as she thought to herself, "Ok..this is weird. Why are there so many people on the first floor? I mean I know people are hiding...like me, but not this many of them have every came up to me and talked...this definitely isn't normal."

Ralacrest then stood there and listened to the first man that had approached her, thinking, "Yeah...he's clearly haunted by something. He said he was military, that's probably it, but why would he be playing a video game if he was? That's just strange, but who am I to judge, its not like I'm suppose to playing video games either." She started to go into deep thought, basically losing touch in the conversation in front of her, and it would be clear to everyone around her that she was thinking.